Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #1486
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Coaliesquirrel ....how big is your laptop? My laptop fit and its roughly 13". Here's a safe picture from the Allears site, and it states that it is a 15" laptop inside and there is extra room.
I have easily fit my 15 inch laptop in the safes at Pop with room to spare.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #1487
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
I have easily fit my 15 inch laptop in the safes at Pop with room to spare.
I'll second this. I put my 15 inch in the safe every day in December and it fit quite easily.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #1488
mblab
Earning My Ears

Smile

Hi everyone, newbie here. These boards and this thread seem to really friendly and extremely helpful so I'm hoping you can help me! I practically grew up vacationing in WDW as a kid but haven't been very much as an adult. My husband and I are planning a long weekend in April (4/12-4/16) to celebrate my birthday.

This trip has to be very budget friendly and we're debating staying at Pop Century or at a cheapo off site. Of course we want to stay on site but most are way out of our budget. Pop Century is our only chance to be on premise (cheapest available that weekend) but since I've never stayed there before I'm not sure if it'd be a good fit for this trip. (We're a young couple, in our 20's, without any kids. Pop hotels always screamed families to me and right now we're not a family with any kids....)

I know you're Pop Century fans around here, I'd love any thoughts you may have.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #1489
likeadream
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblab View Post
This trip has to be very budget friendly and we're debating staying at Pop Century or at a cheapo off site. Of course we want to stay on site but most are way out of our budget. Pop Century is our only chance to be on premise (cheapest available that weekend) but since I've never stayed there before I'm not sure if it'd be a good fit for this trip. (We're a young couple, in our 20's, without any kids. Pop hotels always screamed families to me and right now we're not a family with any kids....)
My husband and I (we are both in our 20's) just got back from a week long stay at POP. We liked it (didn't love it though). It was very convenient to be on Disney and have the transportation and dining included in our price.

Yes, there were a lot of families there, but it wasn't that bad. The first 2 nights of our trip we could hear the family next to us yelling at their kids before bed and in the morning, but you can get those families anywhere.

The price was right though and we will probably go back there before we have kids.

January 2012 Offsite Honeymoon
January 2013 POP Century
May 2013 Yacht Club

NEXT TRIP... January 2014 Port Orleans Riverside
Old 02-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #1490
KrazeeK120
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblab View Post
Hi everyone, newbie here. These boards and this thread seem to really friendly and extremely helpful so I'm hoping you can help me! I practically grew up vacationing in WDW as a kid but haven't been very much as an adult. My husband and I are planning a long weekend in April (4/12-4/16) to celebrate my birthday.

I know you're Pop Century fans around here, I'd love any thoughts you may have.
DH and I spent a few days at Pop in January. I turned 30 on the trip. We don't have kids yet and have been to Disney 4 times together. We've stayed at all levels of resorts. The only complaint I had about Pop is that I found the bed to be too hard. DH liked the bed though...so I guess that's just a matter of opinion.

We rented a car and I found that to be a good move. It was nice to have just the 2 of us in the car.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #1491
mblab
Earning My Ears

Thanks likeadream and KrazeeK120!

I spoiled Hubby and the last Disney trip we had (in 2007) we stayed at Wilderness Lodge (my favorite). Funny enough that trip Hubby turned 21, this trip I'm turning 27. Anyway I know you kind of get what you pay for, we'd love Wilderness Lodge but since that's light-years above our budget now that can't happen. I'm trying to figure out how much we'd enjoy Pop Century and if it's worth spending $160 extra to stay there and be "on site" versus the cheapo offsite we used once before (Baymont Inn) for a one night stay.

Currently Hubby's opinion is he'd rather save money and spend it on something else. But he's open to doing Pop Century only if it'd be a lot nicer than that cheapo and would make me way more comfortable. (I couldn't sleep when we stayed at the cheapo, not sure if it was the bed, sheets, and/or poor a/c or just me that night.)
Old 02-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #1492
polkadotminnie
I still like the idea of a glass slipper
I'd love a Mickey bar right now!
It would be great fun to grant pixie dust to an unsuspecting family

Is anyone at POP now that can tell me if the BTG has checked out yet or not?
Old 02-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #1493
KMichelin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by polkadotminnie View Post
We're at Pop now, just for one night. And it doesn't look like they've checked out. There's huge groups everywhere.

February 2014- Weekend getaway
December 2013 - Wedding and Disneymoon!
February 2013- Weekend getaway
October 2012 - Birthday celebration!
May 2012 - Weekend getaway
December 2011 - College graduation celebration trip! Also: Got engaged at the world!
October 2010 - First trip to WDW as adult w/ future fiance.
1987-2005 - Family vacations plant seeds of Disney obsession
Old 02-08-2013, 04:15 AM   #1494
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by polkadotminnie
No, they have not. Called security twice last night about the noise. We are having a blast, but the groups have ruined POP for me. Can't type a book on my phone but we won't stay here again in January or February because if it. Maybe if we had gotten our request for 50s? We are in 70s and it is really bad at night. (Fine during the day though!)
Old 02-08-2013, 06:21 AM   #1495
casanova5
Mouseketeer

I really hope there gon by the 25 of feb
Old 02-08-2013, 06:31 AM   #1496
CuracaoGirl
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone...
We were at POP in October and loved it.
My mom really wants to see the Christmas decorations and I'm thinking about making another trip.
Do you guys think the first week of December is a good idea?
What will the weather be like? What about the crowds?
Old 02-08-2013, 06:35 AM   #1497
polkadotminnie
I still like the idea of a glass slipper
I'd love a Mickey bar right now!
It would be great fun to grant pixie dust to an unsuspecting family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
No, they have not. Called security twice last night about the noise. We are having a blast, but the groups have ruined POP for me. Can't type a book on my phone but we won't stay here again in January or February because if it. Maybe if we had gotten our request for 50s? We are in 70s and it is really bad at night. (Fine during the day though!)
Thanks for the update. Ugh!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #1498
ABitDistracted
Mouseketeer

We just got home from Pop last night. We were in the 50s - bldg 3 - 1st floor. Yes, the BTGs were there, but we didn't hear anything at night. One thing did happen that really freaked me out.

My DH is more of a nigh owl than I am and was walking to the Food Court around 10pm on Weds night. As he was walking by the Bowling Pin pool he noticed a guy - hiding behind the bushes - with a camera taking pics of the teenagers in the pool!!!!! The guy didn't hear him walk up and stand beside him (DH wanted to get close enough to get a good description given the dark area he was in). He took off FAST as soon as he noticed DH!

He went straight to security and made a report. I can't get it out of my head. I guess it's the same as anywhere - be aware of you surroundings!

12/13 to 12/22/2009 WL and CBR
9/19 to 9/29/2010 Ft. Wilderness Cabins
12/5 to 12/15/2011 Ft. Wilderness Campsites
12/15 to 12/16/2011 WL
2/4 to 2/7/2013 Pop Century
12/3 to 12/15/2013 Ft. Widerness Cabins
9/27/14 to 10/10/14 Ft. Wilderness Campsites
Old 02-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #1499
babygirlamg
DIS Veteran

what building is the lady in the 50"s section????
Old 02-08-2013, 08:24 AM   #1500
Coaliesquirrel
Earning My Ears

Smile

[INDENTCoaliesquirrel ....how big is your laptop? My laptop fit and its roughly 13". Here's a safe picture from the Allears site, and it states that it is a 15" laptop inside and there is extra room.
][/INDENT]
Oh, that's not so bad, then! The problem laptop is 17", but I thought I'd read somewhere that the biggest dimension of the safes was 15". If that's a 15" in the safe, then maybe we'll be ok with just that - but I think I'll take along my cable lock from work just in case. One way or another we'll be set!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: