Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
Destynee29
Earning My Ears
 
Destynee29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 51

Question Online Check-in Problems?

Has anyone been able to complete to the online check-in for their upcoming stay? I tried doing it within MDE and I keep getting an error message, I called their IT dept and they provided me with another website to try but it is also not working. I am big on having almost everything done before I arrive to the resort.

It's so frustrating!

Thanks!
Destynee29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
Narawen
Mouseketeer
 
Narawen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 301

I'm having problems today too. We'll be arriving very late and I'm afraid if we don't check in online we really won't have any say in where our room is. I keep getting all the way to the last page then getting an error message when I try to submit.
__________________
1994: Offsite 1995: ASMusic
1999: Contemporary 2000: ASMovies
2005: Pop Century 2006: POR and AKL
2010: Pop Century 2011: Coronado Springs
2012 : Coronado Springs 2013: Coronado Springs
October 2014: Caribbean Beach

Narawen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran
 
Wood Nymph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 4,830

Online check in through MDE wouldn't work for me last night. So I went to the other website:

mydisneyreservation.com

and that worked.

Just now I went into MDE and saw the option to modify our check in information. It had some of the information I had already entered through the other website, like our arrival and departure time, but the room request choices were totally different on MDE than on the other website. I added the new information and then the site crashed again. I'm not going to worry too much about it. Hopefully it is a temporary glitch and will get straightened out soon.
__________________
~ Sue

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples
 
DebbieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: PA
Posts: 47,515

I got it to work with Chrome rather than Internet Explorer a couple of weeks ago.
__________________
DebbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #5
Destynee29
Earning My Ears
 
Destynee29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narawen View Post
I'm having problems today too. We'll be arriving very late and I'm afraid if we don't check in online we really won't have any say in where our room is. I keep getting all the way to the last page then getting an error message when I try to submit.
I would try http://www.mydisneyreservation.com to see if you have any luck.
Destynee29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:48 PM   #6
Destynee29
Earning My Ears
 
Destynee29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Online check in through MDE wouldn't work for me last night. So I went to the other website:

mydisneyreservation.com

and that worked.

Just now I went into MDE and saw the option to modify our check in information. It had some of the information I had already entered through the other website, like our arrival and departure time, but the room request choices were totally different on MDE than on the other website. I added the new information and then the site crashed again. I'm not going to worry too much about it. Hopefully it is a temporary glitch and will get straightened out soon.
I tried both websites but none worked for me I shall try tomorrow and see if I have any luck.



Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I got it to work with Chrome rather than Internet Explorer a couple of weeks ago.
I also tried this but no luck. Oh well, we will be getting into MCO around 9:30 and don't have ADR until 11 am that morning, worst case, we can go to our reservation and then return to check in. The party doesn't start until 4 pm that night so it's not a huge deal but I did want to have all of this done before we arrived.

I also read on the boards that some people have had issues with adjoining room requests when they checked in online. I don't want to risk having that messed up as well. I feel like the website has had so many issues lately
Destynee29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #7
TLHB70
Let me be known by the Company I keep, eclipsed by YOUR presence that I may decrease
I really like a lot of the music they play out around the park
 
TLHB70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,862

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destynee29 View Post
I tried both websites but none worked for me I shall try tomorrow and see if I have any luck.





Same for me as well.
__________________
TLHB70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #8
conandrob240
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,260

Neither have worked for me for days (4 days to be exact). Let's me go all the way through to the last step and then says it encountered an error.
conandrob240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #9
Destynee29
Earning My Ears
 
Destynee29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 51

I know that others have also reported that checking in to their resorts was delayed for up to two hours because their system was down. I sure hope they are able to fix these issues quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Destynee29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #10
lmmantini
Mouseketeer
 
lmmantini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NH
Posts: 245

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrob240 View Post
Neither have worked for me for days (4 days to be exact). Let's me go all the way through to the last step and then says it encountered an error.
I've been having the same problem for the last three days! It's extremely frustrating. Neither site is working for me. I just keep getting error messages. I want to be able to order MBs and do FP+.
__________________
lmmantini is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
online check-in, problems, website



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.