Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #16
KristinU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
Thanks! I currently run in the LunarGlide 4 and have been thinking about trying a pair of Newton's. It's good to know you didn't have trouble transitioning. I really like the LunarGlide but since running in them (only about a month), I have 3 really bad blisters on the bottom of my left foot. I'm not sure if it's the shoe or socks or just increased mileage or what. You ever have blister problems with your LG?
I didn't have blister problems in my Lunarglides, but I did have the callousing on my bunions and sides of my big toes. Time will have to tell if they come back with the Newtons (since they take a while to build up again after a pedicure...ick, I know, sorry if TMI!), but so far so good.

Have you tried switching up your socks? I LOVE Experias, which always have provided lots of cushioning in my rub spots. But honestly, since switching to Newtons I can get by with some less cushioned socks (Ballegas and a pair of Under Armors I have.) I don't know if that is the shoe design not rubbing me as much or the midfoot strike keeping my foot from rubbing as much.

1994 Poly Honeymoon - 1997 BWV - 1998 Contemporary - 1999 Coronado Springs - 2000 Joined DVC! BWV & Vero Beach - 2001 BWV & CBR - 2002 BCV & OKW - 2003 Grand Californian & AKL - 2004 POR, DS's first trip to WDW and our 10th anniversary! - 2005 BWV for DS's first birthday! & SSR - 2006 Pop & OKW - 2007 VWL for DS's 3rd birthday! also in 2007 - started living Debt Free! - 2008 BWV for DS's 4th birthday and sold DVC! (and yes, it's a good thing for us! ) and Fort Wilderness for Thanksgiving 2008 - 2009 Bay Lake Tower for our 15th Anniversary 2011 Fort Wilderness, Princess Half Marathon 2012 Fort Wilderness - 2013 1st Dark Side visit - Universal for WWoHP! 2013 AKV for Princess Half Marathon Girls Weekend!
KristinU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #17
booth22
Mouseketeer

Something to look at as well, the book Natural Running by Danny Abshire (one of the founders of Newton) is a great read and talks about form, drills, etc. that really help - if you wear Newtons or not. Worth a read... we switched a while back and haven't looked back!
booth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: