Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #511
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Wow! Appears that there are several of us Dis'ers who'll be a POR at the same time! I leave Sunday!

Old 10-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #512
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koz View Post
Can someone please provide me with the contact info for this gentleman? I would like to have it handy for our Dec trip!

Thanks!
Who? Ask me in a PM...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #513
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koz View Post
Can someone please provide me with the contact info for this gentleman? I would like to have it handy for our Dec trip!
I really would suggest that as a general guideline you use the recommended methods for contacting the resort (i.e. the central phone number, or the fax number that they provide for the purpose which works just fine). If anyone needs to get back to you directly about your requests, I'm sure they will do that.

Quite apart from the room allocations department not being just a one-person team, what happens if the individual that you try to contact directly happens to be on vacation themselves just before you are travelling??

Just my 10c worth anyway. In time maybe there will be a direct email address specifically for guests to contact the room assignment teams, but that facility has definitely not been introduced as yet.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #514
1stTimeDisneyer
DIS Veteran

I know this has been asked and I am sure posted 1,000 times, but could someone please pm me the fax information to put in a room request. We leave in three weeks and I am trying to get organized, since we are traveling with another family. I know that it is just that a request and not a guarantee.

Thank you

Here we come May 2009! Me DH DMom DDad

Old 10-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #515
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stTimeDisneyer View Post
I know this has been asked and I am sure posted 1,000 times, but could someone please pm me the fax information to put in a room request. We leave in three weeks and I am trying to get organized, since we are traveling with another family. I know that it is just that a request and not a guarantee.

Thank you
Here you go.

Riverside Fax: 1-407-934-5777
Old 10-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #516
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stTimeDisneyer View Post

Thank you
In my signature area, bottom right, there is a link to a basic fax layout. Then use the number posted above this post to send it. If you want more reassurance PM me and Ill tell you something that can help.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #517
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

I really would suggest that as a general guideline you use the recommended methods for contacting the resort (i.e. the central phone number, or the fax number that they provide for the purpose which works just fine). If anyone needs to get back to you directly about your requests, I'm sure they will do that.

Quite apart from the room allocations department not being just a one-person team, what happens if the individual that you try to contact directly happens to be on vacation themselves just before you are travelling??

Just my 10c worth anyway. In time maybe there will be a direct email address specifically for guests to contact the room assignment teams, but that facility has definitely not been introduced as yet.

Andre
I have to agree with Andre here. I never felt the need to contact an actual person to get my requests met. I sent a fax as recommended and received exactly what I requested. We are very lucky that POR still accepts faxed requests, many of the other resorts don't. I would hate to see POR no longer accept them because the courtesy has been abused.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 10-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #518
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Just called the CM over at POR. This is strait from his mouth. They do not mind the request amounts that have been rolling in so fear not.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #519
DisneyEhCA
Canadian Mom in a Magical World

Can you help me decide which section to request? We have reserved a garden view room, but I am seriously torn between requesting The Magnolia mansion or AB 16/17.

We are a small family of 3, and DS is 4yo. I love the "grand" feeling of the mansions, but the character of AB is appealing too.

We care about:
- close to food court
- close to bus station

(like everyone else, eh?)

What are your fave spots? Are there pros/cons to either section?

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------
Me (38) DH (47) DS (4)
October 2011 - All-Star Movies
February 2012 - Pop Century
January 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside (fingers crossed!)
Old 10-19-2012, 06:45 PM   #520
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Just called the CM over at POR. This is strait from his mouth. They do not mind the request amounts that have been rolling in so fear not.
Thanks

24 trips and plannin' the next 1
Old 10-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #521
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrkel View Post
We've requested Oak manor (reserved royal rooms, river view) for our trip in February - up to 9 rooms now for all the in-laws and some good friends who are coming with us. Our strategy is to go to the South depot stop as well - before the buses fill up (because we take up 1/3 of one just with our family). How is the walk over the bridge to the South depot - more or less than 5 minutes? We have a couple of slow pokes in our group.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrkel View Post
Yup! It's mostly my in-laws, I married in to a large family, and I'm the travel planner. Pity me please.

And I think it's going to be 10 rooms after today (another good family friend jumping on the Disney band wagon).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Wow. I feel for you more... I wonder how they will cluster you all and still accommodate the requests or at least the room types paid for and still keep everyone together.
I had that same question for a very selfish reason. We have booked the same room category. I quickly checked our tickers and was so relieved that we will get our brief stay completed before your arrival date. Here's hoping everything works out wonderfully for all of us
Old 10-20-2012, 03:57 AM   #522
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyEhCA View Post
Can you help me decide which section to request? We have reserved a garden view room, but I am seriously torn between requesting The Magnolia mansion or AB 16/17.
To be honest it rather depends on where in the mansion buildings you happen to get placed. Some of the further out garden-view rooms in Acadian and Magnolia might be a bit of a hike to the main buildings, although closer for the North or East bus stops, whereas 16/17 (being smaller buildings) are all fairly close together and quite well located for getting to the South bus stop and food court.

www.portorleans.org/faqs.php#Choice might help you, but to be honest if you really can't decide which theme appeals to you the most, don't request either section specifically but request the features you would like - i.e. short walking distance to food court & bus stop - and enjoy the surprise.

Personally, I've stayed in both sections and although AB was my 'first love', I now quite like alternating on different trips as both areas have their own charms.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-20-2012, 05:55 AM   #523
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

I'll be checking in at POR in about 24 hours!

Old 10-20-2012, 08:12 AM   #524
DBLGRR
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
I'll be checking in at POR in about 24 hours!
Have a wonderful time! I have 19 more sleeps until my first stay at POR.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:29 AM   #525
Sherrkel
Disney World Dreamer . . . Wish I Could Be At My Home Away From Home . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post
I had that same question for a very selfish reason. We have booked the same room category. I quickly checked our tickers and was so relieved that we will get our brief stay completed before your arrival date. Here's hoping everything works out wonderfully for all of us
Haha - I know we're a large group, but we're very civilized.
We were lucky to get all adjacent rooms at CSR last year; it was a great arrangement for us to all be together. I'm not expecting the same at POR, but hopeful that we'll be in close proximity. We feel badly when there are people outside our family with rooms between ours, because we tend to go back and forth frequently, but we try not to create too much noise!
Our TA noted our desire to be adjacent to each other, and I'll fax in a request. But I'll leave it up to pixie dust to see where we land.
Hope you have a wonderful trip!!

POR Grand Gathering Feb. 2013 **CSR Grand Gathering 2011, 2009 & 2007 ** CBR 1995 **Disneymoon 1989

Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: