Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #3691
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden View Post
Whew !!! Just had a super close call ... but all is working out

We were thinking of changing our stay and adding 2 nights since we are off til the following monday and were planned to come back Weds ... so We figured Friday would be a better day for the return.

We weren't sure which to do first, check if we could get the room, OR, check to switch the flights ...

Figured it hinged on the flights, so went ahead and did a bunch of stuff to switch the flights, got that done, and happily called Disney to add the days ... dun dun dun ... was told there were no more available !!!!

Thankfully got put over to guest services and they worked it out, ended up getting the 2 days added with the spring promo still ...

For about 15 mins there, I was freaking out !!!
I just extended my stay by one day as well. The CM told me it was better to do the extension now while they definitely have the room available because you can always cancel it later if you need to, but you can't add it if it's not available.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #3692
Supermom3
DIS Veteran

With the Spring Promotion, preferred category for my dates is not available. Garden View and River View both are, however. We are a family of 5, so we will be in AB. Am I correct that we could be in buildings 38, 27, or 14 if I book River View? I would like buildings 27 or 14, but 38 not as much. Can I assume that since I am not booked in a Preferred Room, that I would most likely be in building 38? Is there a chance I could be in bulidings 14 or 27 if I were to fax in a request?

Our last stay we were in building 18, and LOVED the location. Thank you for all of the wonderful information on this thread!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #3693
Martyboy08
Earning My Ears

My parents-in-law will be joining us in POR from Mar 01 to Mar 03 (Magic your Way with DLX plan). They are not using ME.

They did not get their Mickey Mail yet. Does Disney send Mickey Mail for a 2 nights, 3 days stay?
Old 02-12-2013, 01:59 AM   #3694
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermom3 View Post
We are a family of 5, so we will be in AB. Am I correct that we could be in buildings 38, 27, or 14 if I book River View?
Correct, you could be in any of those three buildings. 'Preferred Location' bookings do not extend to the river view rooms in 14 and 27, so all of those River View rooms are available for River View bookings. Just put in a request for 14 first, then 27, and see how you do. Even building 38 is really not that long a walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cad300 View Post
1. We reserved a king bed room. Any specific requests I should ask for (building location, etc)

2. We booked through Orbitz and I can't seem to find a way to check-in online. If I call POR, will they be able to assist?

3. We plan on hitting up the Wishes fireworks the first night and then head to DTD. How late do the boats run from DTD back to POR??

4. Any special ideas that I can either request from the hotel or Disney in general to get something with the engaged aspect part of the trip? It'd be a nice little surprise for the future bride.
1) Depends entirely on what you want, King Bed rooms are located all around the resort (see the floorplans that I created for the exact locations). What sort of area or features are you looking for? It's a bit like going to an automobile forum and just asking "what car should I buy"?

2) Orbitz would need to provide you with your Disney booking reference so you can enter it on the Disney website (normally a 12-digit number). I don't know the company though to say whether they can/would do that.

3) Boats from DTD to POR run until 11pm, but after that there are buses for another couple of hours.

4) You could call the hotel and see if they've got any suggestions (ask to speak to someone at the resort, rather than the call-center people who will first answer your call). Are you looking for a romantic location around the resort to propose? If so it might be an idea to book an evening carriage ride?

If that doesn't appeal, there's a lovely little river-side gazebo near Magnolia Terrace which would be a nice private place to propose - the CMs could maybe even help add some romantic ideas, flowers or ribbons/bows? You can also get flowers, chocolate or wine delivered to the room (Disney Florist can help you there).

And there's always the option of getting Ye Haa Bob to announce your intentions to the world during his evening show at the River Roost Lounge... if you're both outgoing, lively type of people that might be a fun way to do it. I'm sure Bob would really play along with you if you wanted to do that, maybe getting one or both of you up the front with him on stage first, on the pretence of some bit of fun in the show (which he does a lot anyway, so it wouldn't be a giveaway). But you would need to carefully judge whether she would like that kind of attention as opposed to a more intimate setting.

I assume you've already checked out the 'official' thoughts at www.DisneyEngagements.com? The Mom's Panel also posted a recent Blog post on the subject.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 02-12-2013 at 03:41 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:48 AM   #3695
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Happy Mardi Gras

Happy Mardi Gras everyone!

If you're staying at Port Orleans at the moment, don't forget to try to catch the little Mardi Gras mini-parade that the cast members put on every year. It'll be going around the resort at around 1:30pm today. Anyone going to get us some pics?

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #3696
cad300
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for responding, Andre, I really appreciate it. I reached out to Orbitz yesterday, and they reached out to POR for the ressie number. We are checked-in now, thanks!

The carriage ride might be a very real possibility. I think she will like something more intimate and that would appear to be a fit!

In regards to the room, we are plenty happy to walk, just looking for the best king room in the complex. Requesting a corner room should be a priority then, correct?

Thanks again for your help. This thread is pure gold, honestly.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #3697
Supermom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Correct, you could be in any of those three buildings. 'Preferred Location' bookings do not extend to the river view rooms in 14 and 27, so all of those River View rooms are available for River View bookings. Just put in a request for 14 first, then 27, and see how you do. Even building 38 is really not that long a walk.
Thanks!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #3698
jenflamingo1
Gone With The Wind Girl

Good morning ! Longtime follower of this fabulous thread . Lots of thanks to Andre and Venomhatch especially...
I am currently booked for April 2 thru 8 in AB with my sister , my two daughters and nephew . Having a blast planning and I am contemplating booking a bounceback while there !
Old 02-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #3699
Dreamer04

Little Stinker
I love Trading Spaces

We are booked and paid!

Hi all!

My Dsis, her DGD 4, my DD 15 and myself are arriving for a night-only ressie for 3/31 and then staying 4/1-4/5 in a Royal Guest room, which befits our princesses!!

I am beyond excited! I am going to Disney with my favorite people in the world!'

This resort looks beautiful, and I am looking forward to hanging out in the pool.

We are driving down from Virginia and taking our time.

A true vacation! Wish me and mine well!

A dream is a wish your heart makes
Old 02-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #3700
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cad300 View Post
In regards to the room, we are plenty happy to walk, just looking for the best king room in the complex. Requesting a corner room should be a priority then, correct?
There are plenty of King Beds in corner rooms, but they are not all in Corners. Check out the floorplans I linked to before, they show you the location of every King room in the resort. An upper floor in one of the mansions, with a river view would be really pretty if you can get it; King rooms encompass all view types, so you can request whatever you like (not guaranteed of course, but if you fax the room allocators a few days before you arrive explaining your plans, then I'm sure they'll do their best).

Andre

Old 02-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #3701
czmom
DIS Veteran

POR to Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon

Hi! How do you get from POR to the waterparks? And is one easier to get to than the other? I should add we will be using the bus.

My DD6 and I are coming to stay in a RGR in April, and I am looking into spending one day at one of the waterparks.

Thank you!
Old 02-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #3702
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Question for an Annual Passholder...

I already booked my vacation, but I am wondering if I can save money. Is there a discount for an AP holder for POR during the month of May? and if so, how much? I can't call an agent right now because I am at work and the Disney Website doesn't give specifics unless I sign in to an AP member page.

Thanks.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #3703
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

We arrived yesterday about 3:50 pm and got the exact room area requested. It was also super clean because I had mentioned my allergies in my fax. Andre, Venomhatch and David Elg - many thanks!

Wait of 30 minutes plus for MK from S depot at 8:40 am today. Mostly full buses were pulling up and no cast members present. Then a family group with 2 scooters came along and all in group received priority boarding.

MK crowds seem like a 7 or 8 to me. Even IASW became a 50 minute wait. We're sitting in the shade until time to head back to BTMRR with our FS.

Argentina schools are on holiday Feb. 1 - 15 this year. Still lots of tours and families.

Not sure when I'll have time to check back in here.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #3704
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Meant to say with our fast pass, lol.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #3705
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

cost of milk and such at the fulton store

For anyone that is there, can you find out the going price for:

milk, is it a 1/2 gallon and what %?
cans of pop, do they come in 6pk, 12pk or a case?
2 liter bottles of pop?
beer, is it in cans or bottles?

I'm trying to decide if I want to order from garden grocer or just buy from the store. I can haul breakfast stuff, but it's the liquids I can't haul on an airplane.

TIA!!!!!
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: