Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 06:48 AM   #3571
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus View Post
I was not expecting that. I figured we probably wouldn't get a Royal Room again but never thought it would be 100% full at this point in the year
Sorry about that, I'm guessing it's being caused by the bad weather in the north-east stopping people from getting home. They must be getting a lot of no-shows too, but they can't cancel those unless the guests tell them to. Plus it's the start of Valentine's Week, and maybe even of people coming early for President's Day breaks. It is very rare for WDW to really be at 100% though, they have a LOT of rooms!

Might be worth popping along to the POR front desk in person on your way to/from the parks and asking if there's anything they can do for you with any cancellations?

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 02-09-2013 at 06:59 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #3572
Canooknic
Mouseketeer

We're here!! They'd run out of Pixie dust by the time we arrived, so we are out in Building 28 but it is wonderful and pretty and quiet.....AND DISNEY!!
Having such a wonderful time, great food, slightly busier parks than we'd hoped for but everything is amazing!

POR Feb 6-14 2013
POR Feb 2-11 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #3573
5mouseketeersforus
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

Sorry about that, I'm guessing it's being caused by the bad weather in the north-east stopping people from getting home. They must be getting a lot of no-shows too, but they can't cancel those unless the guests tell them to.

Andre
I figured as much. But was assuming that by Sunday things would be ok. Figures - we fall in love with staying on site @ POR and now we can't get back in there LOL

DH does not like to spend $$ so the fact that it took zero convincing to get him to cancel our current rez at another hotel & switch back to POR for the last 2 nights......well even he is disappointed.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #3574
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Figures - we fall in love with staying on site @ POR and now we can't get back in there LOL
PM'd you.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #3575
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Good morning everyone... Signing in to see what is happening today.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #3576
Lagoonie
Earning My Ears

Good morning! Only 13 days until we check in, and I am so excited! Usually a lurker, but can't contain my excitement any longer. Hope everyone in the NE is ok after Nemo.

Trip #1 - offsite 1983
Trip #2 - Disney's Polynesian Resort July 1984
Trip #3 - Disney's Polynesian Resort July 1987
Trip #4 - Disney's Wilderness Lodge August 1995
Cast Member - WDWCP Fall 1997
Trip #5 - Disney's Wilderness Lodge July 2007
Trip #6 - Disney's Polynesian Resort July 2011
Planning Trip #7 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside February 2013
Old 02-09-2013, 08:27 AM   #3577
tink68
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Good morning everyone... Signing in to see what is happening today.
Good morning Venom. I posted a thank you yesterday that everything we requested was given to us. Thanks to you and Andre for all your help.

2004 Pop Century, 2005 POFQ, 2006 POR, 2007 Yacht Club and Wilderness Lodge, 2008 Contemporary, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Boardwalk, 2012 POR, 2013 POR
Old 02-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #3578
granite500
Earning My Ears

YeeHaw Bob

Does anyone know if Yeehaw Bob plays all Summer at POR?
Old 02-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #3579
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by granite500 View Post
Does anyone know if Yeehaw Bob plays all Summer at POR?
Yes he does. Well, apart from his regular days off and any vacation time anyway.

Andre

Old 02-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #3580
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Anyone else see the irony of a storm named NEMO causing people to have to stay in WDW longer?

On that note, we were there in September of 2004 when like 4 hurricanes went through central FL back to back. We were worried about driving home in the middle of it, so we went to see if we could stay another 2 nights and just "ride it out." There was NOTHING available in all of WDW because everyone else was doing the same thing. Even though it wasn't a busy time of year, they were booked solid...everywhere.
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 02-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #3581
pamelasu1
Mouseketeer

Home after a wonderful trip!

Just got home from a wonderful week at POR, our first time staying there! I have been lurking on this forum for weeks, but could not post, because DD14 thought we were staying at a value resort. She is like a little detective, so I could not mention in any of the forums that we were staying at POR, and even had it in my signature that we were staying at Pop. And it worked! She was totally taken by surprise when I turned into the entrance of POR! I want to thank Venomhatch for the information he gave me via PM about faxing the resort. We had reserved a royal room pool view and I faxed our requests about 5 days before our arrival. All of our requests were granted and our room was ready and waiting for us when we arrived at 10:30am. We were given a fabulous corner room on the ground floor (that one and only pool view room in Parterre Place). It was quiet, close to the bridge to the main building, and close to the parking lot without being able to see the lot at all. We both decided this was our favorite resort we have ever stayed at. So beautiful and peaceful. Mousekeeping was excellent and we did receive a few towel animals throughout the week, which was great fun! Much thanks out to Andre for his very helpful website and comments on this forum as well. I am happily joining in on the "obsessed with POR" bandwagon. What a great resort!
[SIZE="1"]July 1976-offsite; Nov. 2004-FW campground; April 2005-offsite; Oct. 2005-offsite; Oct. 2008-POP; Feb. 2009-POFQ; Dec. 2-13, 2010-BC/CR/YC; Sept. 19-27, 2011 - Swan; Feb. 25-March 2, 2012 - offsite; Sept. 23 -Oct. 3, 2012 - offsite; Jan. 31-Feb. 7, 2013 - POR; Aug. 25-Sept. 4, 2013 - AoA Nemo/AKL; Sept. 8-13, 2014 - AKV Jambo.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #3582
lucifie
DIS Veteran

I feel like I'm in total limbo here. We're home from our trip and I can't wait to go back, but we don't have any plans - not even a ballpark of when we might get back. Our family is too big for one room in POR (it actually worked fine with 6 of us, but unless we win the lottery it won't be before our youngest turns 3. I loved POR and I'm torn between staying there again with two rooms or staying at another resort. Just to get an idea of pricing, I priced it with the current promotion and if I calculated correctly, 2 regular rooms at POR cost about the same as a suite at AoA and if any deals come up that involve dining, POR would be a better deal because you get QS dining at the values and the regular dining plan with the moderates.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #3583
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelasu1 View Post
I am happily joining in on the "obsessed with POR" bandwagon. What a great resort!
Welcome to the cult. Glad you had such a great time, and the surprise paid off.

Andre

Old 02-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #3584
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So sad

We loved our stay @ POR and have 2 nights left in Orlando (we are staying offsite right now) so i called Disney to see if we can get back in for the rest of our stay and NO ROOMS available . Nothing at all. Not even at any other resort.

I was not expecting that. I figured we probably wouldn't get a Royal Room again but never thought it would be 100% full at this point in the year
Call again. I can't see there being NOTHING on property with the crowd levels the way they are. They don't even hit 100% occupancy at Christmas never mind early February. The website has been so awful that my guess is that the castmembers who are looking for inventory are having the same issues pulling up rooms that the rest of us are on the Disney site. Call and ask them to check with guest services.
I suppose it's possible but it really doesn't seem to be. Unless you're checking with a promo rate that is sold out. That would make sense.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #3585
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink68 View Post
Good morning Venom. I posted a thank you yesterday that everything we requested was given to us. Thanks to you and Andre for all your help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelasu1 View Post
Just got home from a wonderful week at POR, our first time staying there! I have been lurking on this forum for weeks, but could not post, because DD14 thought we were staying at a value resort. She is like a little detective, so I could not mention in any of the forums that we were staying at POR, and even had it in my signature that we were staying at Pop. And it worked! She was totally taken by surprise when I turned into the entrance of POR! I want to thank Venomhatch for the information he gave me via PM about faxing the resort. We had reserved a royal room pool view and I faxed our requests about 5 days before our arrival. All of our requests were granted and our room was ready and waiting for us when we arrived at 10:30am. We were given a fabulous corner room on the ground floor (that one and only pool view room in Parterre Place). It was quiet, close to the bridge to the main building, and close to the parking lot without being able to see the lot at all. We both decided this was our favorite resort we have ever stayed at. So beautiful and peaceful. Mousekeeping was excellent and we did receive a few towel animals throughout the week, which was great fun! Much thanks out to Andre for his very helpful website and comments on this forum as well. I am happily joining in on the "obsessed with POR" bandwagon. What a great resort!
Comments like this make my day that much more magical, knowing that we can spread so much pixie dust.
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: