Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 06:19 AM   #3331
amandam32
Earning My Ears

We changed over to a package reservation, so I sent over a new fax yesterday with our room request for check in tomorrow. I'm pregnant and wanting to be close to the bridge for less walking for me and my husband who will be back and forth with our son. I haven't heard anything yet...nervous but so excited! We are on the road now driving most of the way today and the rest tomorrow. First timer at POR!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:52 AM   #3332
Majordis
Mouseketeer

We are staying at POR one night before our cruise in May and seven nights after. Do you think it would be ok for me to leave my room request at the front desk on the first night since we will be on the cruise 3-5 days before our second checkin? I originally booked Preferred, but could not keep this with the spring discount so now we are Standard. Thanks so much for all the great information on this thread. We have stayed at POFQ, but never POR.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #3333
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Please folks, don't worry too much if you don't hear back about requests!!! They might not have time to reply to every request, and after all it is only a REQUEST. Many WDW resorts apparently just throw routine faxed requests away, so please be grateful that we have the excellent Mr Elg who is so happy to go the extra mile to help everyone out but he's allowed days off, and time to get on with the rest of his work too! If you do get an email response then that's lovely, but please don't EXPECT one, or worry if you don't get one.

I guess it's like towel animals, they used to be a lovely little touch of extra magical pixie dust when they happened... but now, with the power of the internet and forum posts, people seem to end up almost complaining to the management if the room maid is so lazy as to actually only clean their room.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-01-2013, 07:18 AM   #3334
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Please folks, don't worry too much if you don't hear back about requests!!! They might not have time to reply to every request, and after all it is only a REQUEST. Many WDW resorts apparently just throw routine faxed requests away, so please be grateful that we have the excellent Mr Elg who is so happy to go the extra mile to help everyone out but he's allowed days off, and time to get on with the rest of his work too! If you do get an email response then that's lovely, but please don't EXPECT one, or worry if you don't get one.

I guess it's like towel animals, they used to be a lovely little touch of extra magical pixie dust when they happened... but now, with the power of the internet and forum posts, people seem to end up almost complaining to the management if the room maid is so lazy as to actually only clean their room.

Andre
Wow someone didn't wake up on the right side of the bed this morning. Where we can agree requests are requests. Come on don't rain on their parades. I agree he is one of the key room operations CMs. He does have a lot of daily tasks other than room requests to call back on.

Last edited by Venomhatch; 02-01-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #3335
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordis View Post
Do you think it would be ok for me to leave my room request at the front desk on the first night since we will be on the cruise 3-5 days before our second checkin?
Nothing much else you can do really. Maybe get it passed over to someone from the room assignment team by hand? (they are only just behind the front desk area, maybe you could even get to say hi to Mr Elg!)

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 02-01-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:36 AM   #3336
ttcl516
Mouseketeer

Wishing the time away....

Well we are now in the month of February. Only 27 more days until we get their. I'm just beginning to draft my fax request....don't know if it will work, but can't hurt to try

I do have one question about the Cuisinart pod coffee....is it better than the Nescafe? Should I bring my own pods? We are not too overly picky about coffee. But I do like a half way decent cup in the morning.

Thanks

POR Riverside AB Feb 28 - Mar 7, 2013
Old 02-01-2013, 08:02 AM   #3337
Majordis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Nothing much else you can do really. Maybe get it passed over to someone from the room assignment team by hand? (they are only just behind the front desk area, maybe you could even get to say hi to Mr Elg!)

Andre
Thank you for the quick response. I know it sounds crazy but I wasn't 100% sure they actually worked in the Resort. Sure would be cool to meet Mr. Elg!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:06 AM   #3338
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

Quote:
No reason to avoid online checkin, but maybe don't select any extra requests after you've already had a faxed request acknowledged. Otherwise, OLCI just saves you a bit of time at the desk (and it might save you even more time at the desk fairly soon... watch this space ).

Andre
Okay you probably have some of us on the edge of our seats seeing this, I am suspicious that you are going to spring something new on us soon. So how long do we have to patiently wait for the new surprise.
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 02-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #3339
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttcl516 View Post
Well we are now in the month of February. Only 27 more days until we get their. I'm just beginning to draft my fax request....don't know if it will work, but can't hurt to try

I do have one question about the Cuisinart pod coffee....is it better than the Nescafe? Should I bring my own pods? We are not too overly picky about coffee. But I do like a half way decent cup in the morning.

Thanks
I am planning to bring my own. I haven't tried the coffee yet but we drink quite a bit so we might as well bring some. I have seen the pods online, but never in a store. I will take a look around while I run errands this weekend but I think I will likely have to order it.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #3340
LostMason
Earning My Ears

Andre, thanks for the reminder to chill out about room requests. I faxed one Tuesday, and haven't heard anything. I was a little worried, but if the worst case scenario is that we have a long, slow walk from the furthest possible building, at least it will be a beautiful walk!

We will be there tomorrow!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #3341
SYLVESTER7577
RADIATOR MAN

Quote:

Andre
Maybe, just maybe they like to keep the pixie dust a surprise as in my case. I faxed a second time after they said they did not receive the first and still I did not hear back. So I left it alone and low and behold the had granted my request plus gave us an upgrade to RR. It was our aniversary so maybe the hidden dust?

WDW 2006 TWICE WDW 2007
WDW 2009 TWICE WDW 2010 TWICE WDW FWC 2011
WDW FWC SPRING 2012 WBC FALL 2012
WDW POR JANUARY 2013 OFF SITE MARCH 2013 CS APRIL 2013 WBC OCTOBER 2013
WDW POP JANUARY 2014 POP MAY 2014 POP OCTOBER 2014
Old 02-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #3342
lelei
Mouseketeer

I was shocked to get a call from Mr. Eld yesterday shortly after faxing in our room requests. He was absolutely fantastic and really went out of his way to ease my worries and make sure our needs were met. My daughter has medical needs and he went above and beyond to make sure everything would be easy for our arrival.

Thank you for posting the room request info, being able to talk to the resort took a load of stress and worry away!
Old 02-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #3343
Jacqui
Mouseketeer

Getting excited

I must say this thread is getting me excited about our upcoming trip.

When we last stayed at POR, we were all severely disappointed. The front desk was a bit rude, the room was filthy and we were not feeling the Disney spirit. I even walked over to POFQ, my all-time favorite resort, to see if we could switch resorts but they were all booked. Now, I must say that this was quite some time ago, approximately 6 years, so before the refurbs.

From the pictures I've seen, I don't believe for one second that we will be disappointed again. We have to wait until June for our trip and I can't seem to stop myself from checking out this thread every day!!

DH DS DD
Old 02-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #3344
rsleleux
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsleleux View Post
We leave in one more week! I've read every post on this thread and I am looking forward to 7 nights at POR! I will start picking this weekend, the weather sounds awesome but I'm not sure if I should pack shorts or athletic pants for my son or just bring a jacket for morning and evening?
Ok I guess I didn't word this right?
Could you please tell me what kind of weather you are experiencing at WDW right now, I know it can change but I just need a generalized feel so I can start packing for our upcoming trip? Should I pack shorts a jacket for mornings and evenings? Is it cool at night? Or should I skip shorts and just go w pants all day/all night? Thank you for any input!

Old 02-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #3345
DanInMN
Mouseketeer

Just got home from a stay at POR. The resort was wonderful. Our room was in a "preferred" building, and a corner room that overlooked the river and two bridges.

My only complaint was the "Down by the Riverside" song that gets played every hour or so in the food court. It is loud and most annoying. The employees dance around the food court to it, but they have clearly lost their enthusiasm for this. It feels too much like Chuck-E-Cheese, and has to go!

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: