Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 01:22 AM   #1861
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

Hey everyone,
I am Corrine and I am a POR newbie. I stayed at POFQ in March and loved it but I save more money switching to POR for or May trip. Plus I was able to upgrad to a Royal Guest Room which will be a suprise to my 7 year old DD.

I do have a question for all you POR experts. My eldest son has Cystic Fibrosis, so it is my hope to be as close to the main building or bus stop as possible so he doesn't over exert himself (he tends to get tierd quicker and that can cause illness). I need to call Disney to let them know of certain request due to his medical needs. What would you think would be best? We are booked in a Royal Guest Room with a standard view. Thank you very much.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:54 AM   #1862
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
I do have a question for all you POR experts. My eldest son has Cystic Fibrosis, so it is my hope to be as close to the main building or bus stop as possible so he doesn't over exert himself (he tends to get tierd quicker and that can cause illness). I need to call Disney to let them know of certain request due to his medical needs. What would you think would be best? We are booked in a Royal Guest Room with a standard view. Thank you very much.
Unfortunately, the Standard Royal Guest Rooms tend to be some of the furthest away from the main building and main bus stop (although you might be closer for the East bus stop, but even that is not necessarily true).

I would suggest you contact WDW's Special Assistance line on 1-407-939-7807 and discuss your needs and ask them to arrange the most suitable room for you. You might even end up getting a category upgrade to improve the location of your room, you never know.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 06:59 AM   #1863
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutie View Post
Does anybody know what kind of activities does the resort have this coming week (movies? Smores?) We're arriving in the afternoon on Tuesday, and don't have a park day planned the first day.
I don't have the January details up yet, but I would expect them to be very similar to December's, or last January's, both of which you can find at www.portorleans.org/recreation-activites-schedule.php. There may be some extra activities on Monday night for New Year, but otherwise it'll be the regular schedule.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #1864
peaceluv&mickeymouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5mouseketeersforus

So jealous.......especially with the snow we have had to shovel the last few days! We are just a little north of you, eh
yes Hi neighbor!! I am sick of this snow already. Been watching the weather for WDW. Should be pretty warm. I just hope our flight gets out on time.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:04 AM   #1865
Debrn
Mouseketeer

Staying at POR for a couple nights the end of Feb. switched from RGR to standard room (wasnt sure 10 yr old boy would like theme). Can't wait to stay here. Requested Magnolia Bend.
We bought mardi Gras decorations for NYE party ordered a balloon with confetti gonna put a note in to reveal trip to kids at midnight.
10/10 BWV/BLT
03/12 Poly TPV, 10/12 Pop/Dolphin
02/13 AKV
03/13 YC CL,Dolphin/CSR

ME &DBF DD 13DS 10
Old 12-30-2012, 08:18 AM   #1866
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Wanted to request a ground floor room but now too nervous to do so after reading the snakes thread. Anyone have some insight?

Also on another note. Does anyone have a listing of RGR GV? Also which ones are connecting if possible. We are traveling with grandparents who would like to be able to put the girls to bed one or two nights so DH and I can do something. They don't transfer so we would like to try for connecting rooms (yes I know it is just a request) so they can be in their room but can keep the door open to watch them.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 12-30-2012, 08:40 AM   #1867
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky33006
OK...my first question...

We are staying in a standard room. I definitely prefer the Magnolia section to the Alligator Bayou section. I'm wondering which buildings I should request in order to be closest to the food court? The Oak building only has Royal Rooms correct? I'm just looking for the best place to request as far as walking distance to the food court.
In the mansions, you will be closest to the food court in a riverview room. You will be farthest in a standard view room, but the walk is only about five to six minutes in Acadian House. My new favorite since Oak Manor went to RR's.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:50 AM   #1868
4leobeans
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
Also on another note. Does anyone have a listing of RGR GV? Also which ones are connecting if possible. We are traveling with grandparents who would like to be able to put the girls to bed one or two nights so DH and I can do something. They don't transfer so we would like to try for connecting rooms (yes I know it is just a request) so they can be in their room but can keep the door open to watch them.
Very interested in any responses! We're doing the same thing at the end of January! Taking my parents for their 40th Anniversary, and celebrating our DD 5th birthday! Am hoping for adjoining rooms too
Old 12-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #1869
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4leobeans View Post
Very interested in any responses! We're doing the same thing at the end of January! Taking my parents for their 40th Anniversary, and celebrating our DD 5th birthday! Am hoping for adjoining rooms too
About 50% of all the rooms at the resort are connecting, so you stand a pretty good chance if you put in a request in advance and are not too picky about other specific location requests (the more things you ask for, the harder it might become to find two connecting rooms at the same time). Remember to ask for connecting rooms rather than just adjoining by the way. It might also help to follow up your request with a polite faxed reminder about 3-5 days before you arrive.

Andre

Old 12-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #1870
cheryterese
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceluv&mickeymouse View Post
yes Hi neighbor!! I am sick of this snow already. Been watching the weather for WDW. Should be pretty warm. I just hope our flight gets out on time.
Wishing you an on-time flight! We are in the very south southtowns and have been hammered by snow the past few days.

Planning a 2014 trip to celebrate our son's 10th!
February 6th - February 12th 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~ Mom's Birthday Trip!
October 26th - November 7th 2011 ~ Off site ~ Second Family Trip
January 26th - February 4th 2010 ~ Off site ~ First Family Trip
April 2004 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2002 ~ Wilderness Lodge (Honeymoon!)
Old 12-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #1871
sabnrob06
Mouseketeer

Hello All!! Staying at POR in one of the Royal rooms Jan 25-27th with my mom and two teenage boys (they're not too thrilled about this visit but my mom wants them there, LOL) . This is our gift to her for Christmas. She has never stayed at POR before and is really excited! Anyone have any comments on the royal room? Thanks!!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #1872
peaceluv&mickeymouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryterese

Wishing you an on-time flight! We are in the very south southtowns and have been hammered by snow the past few days.
Thanks!!
Old 12-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #1873
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Hi there! We're staying in a Royal Room in April, and could someone who's been there recently tell me what toiletries are provided? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 12-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #1874
vtownpatty
Mouseketeer

Soap, shampoo, conditioner

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 12-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #1875
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Drat! No lotion?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Tags