Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #1546
judomom2
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 81

We have 4 more sleeps til we leave. I can't wait we haven't stayed at this resort since 1993.
judomom2 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #1547
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran
 
bluejasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,767

We will be there this time next week!!!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013
__________________
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #1548
ReluctantDisaholic
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern Ontario
Posts: 330

We arrive at POR in 88 days - March can't get here fast enough for me!

We were almost going to try the Poly this time, but I couldn't justify the extra $$...and we looove POR. I honestly felt bad thinking about staying somewhere else As soon as we decided to stick with POR, I felt much better!
__________________
Feb 2009 - Surprise Trip - POFQ
Jan 2011 - Birthday Trip - POFQ
March 2012 - POR
March 2013 - POR
March 2014 - POR/POFQ
August 2015 - Beach Club??


ReluctantDisaholic is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #1549
goofyredraider
DIS Veteran
 
goofyredraider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 1,056

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantDisaholic
We arrive at POR in 88 days - March can't get here fast enough for me!

We were almost going to try the Poly this time, but I couldn't justify the extra $$...and we looove POR. I honestly felt bad thinking about staying somewhere else As soon as we decided to stick with POR, I felt much better!
I can totally relate. I originally had booked AKL for the first half of our trip, but my heart kept saying I'd miss POR so much!! I wanted to try something new, and well, a Royal Room will be it for us since it's just 4 of us there this time (normally 5, which puts us in AB).
__________________
Erin

DS(8) DS (11)DD (12)

POR July 2011, POR May 2012, BC June 2012 ; POFQ, AKL, & BC June 2013 (23 night stay!!); POR December 2013,
ASMo for Princess Half Marathon- February 2014
AoA/POFQ split stay - June 2014
**COMING SOON*** Disneyland July 2014
goofyredraider is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #1550
Three cats
DIS Veteran
 
Three cats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 928

We are planning on booking a river view room and would also like to be close to the main building. Is that even possible? I am thinking I will just request "close to the main building"?..............anyone had any luck with this type of booking and request? Originally I thought we'd just book a "preferred room" but I really don't want to chance a parking lot view so decided i'd be better off booking river view?
__________________
12/12 Saratoga Springs
11/13 Port Orleans Riverside
11/14 Yacht Club
Three cats is online now  
Old 12-10-2012, 01:52 AM   #1551
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietgirll View Post
I'm so excited! I just booked us for a trip in jan...the 4th-10th with free dining (I had a pin code)!! Didn't put in any requests when we booked, can I go back and add them later, just fax, or just hope for the best? Lol...I'm going to Disney world!!
Just call the Disney Reservations Center back and get them to add your requests onto the original reservation. You can also fax the resort directly about 3-5 days before arrival if you wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three cats View Post
We are planning on booking a river view room and would also like to be close to the main building. Is that even possible?
Absolutely it's possible, yes. The sixteen River View rooms in building 14 are the closest rooms to the main building in the entire resort in fact. The River View category generally tends to give fairly good access for the main building and the Ol man Island pool anyway, due to the overall layout surrounding the river (see map in first post).

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 04:33 AM   #1552
Three cats
DIS Veteran
 
Three cats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley
Quote:

Originally Posted by quietgirll

I'm so excited! I just booked us for a trip in jan...the 4th-10th with free dining (I had a pin code)!! Didn't put in any requests when we booked, can I go back and add them later, just fax, or just hope for the best? Lol...I'm going to Disney world!!

Just call the Disney Reservations Center back and get them to add your requests onto the original reservation. You can also fax the resort directly about 3-5 days before arrival if you wish.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three cats

We are planning on booking a river view room and would also like to be close to the main building. Is that even possible?

Absolutely it's possible, yes. The sixteen River View rooms in building 14 are the closest rooms to the main building in the entire resort in fact. The River View category generally tends to give fairly good access for the main building and the Ol man Island pool anyway, due to the overall layout surrounding the river (see map in first post).

Andre
Thanks Andre!


Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
__________________
12/12 Saratoga Springs
11/13 Port Orleans Riverside
11/14 Yacht Club
Three cats is online now  
Old 12-10-2012, 07:18 AM   #1553
oka1jeg
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 27

HUGE THANKS TO VENOMHATCH!! Checked in yesterday, and we got covered in pixie dust!! Ready for first day at parks today.
oka1jeg is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 07:35 AM   #1554
GATORinaZ28
DIS Dad#764
 
GATORinaZ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Milton, FL
Posts: 277

354 days to go!

I have modified our reservations 6 times since July... We are going to Nov29-Dec6 2013 and I keep moving away from Riverside, only to come back a few days later. Sometimes its to a value to save money and other times its to Animal Kingdom to upgrade for a change.

Our arrival date needs to hurry up and get here!
__________________



71-84 - Contemporary Resort with Grandparents || 01/94 - Off Site @ Disneyland || 06/07 - Contemporary Resort || 02/08 - Caribbean Beach Resort || 05/10 - All-Star Sports / Coronado Springs Resort || 12/10 - Offsite @ DisneyWorld || 11/11 - Port Orleans Riverside || 11/13 - Port Orleans French Quarter || 5/14 Rock Your Disney Side Party / Pop Century

Next trip: 12/14 - French Quarter
GATORinaZ28 is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #1555
Three cats
DIS Veteran
 
Three cats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORinaZ28
354 days to go!

I have modified our reservations 6 times since July... We are going to Nov29-Dec6 2013 and I keep moving away from Riverside, only to come back a few days later. Sometimes its to a value to save money and other times its to Animal Kingdom to upgrade for a change.

Our arrival date needs to hurry up and get here!
Lol.....we are at 355. Seems like ages from now, doesn't it?


Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
__________________
12/12 Saratoga Springs
11/13 Port Orleans Riverside
11/14 Yacht Club
Three cats is online now  
Old 12-10-2012, 08:21 AM   #1556
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,087

I am ecstatic; we will be exactly six months this coming Saturday.

Only half a year. We are making our ADR's this weekend.

I cannot wait to "get home."
__________________




Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 09:05 AM   #1557
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran
 
rebeccaariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 534

Time is really flying! A few more months to go!
__________________

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn



Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
rebeccaariel is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #1558
wdwmaw
planin' next trip
 
wdwmaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: georgetown, ky
Posts: 2,605

Just checked in online We are so excited, the 20th can't get here soon enough. Our first time for this resort, can't stop looking at the pictures of this resort. Now, wait some more till we can fax our room request. I don't think I have ever been this excited for a Disney trip before. We haven't been to the world since May/June 2011 and I am telling you absense does make the heart grow fonder.
__________________
dh meds dsgdd



24 trips and plannin' the next 1
wdwmaw is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #1559
GATORinaZ28
DIS Dad#764
 
GATORinaZ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Milton, FL
Posts: 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three cats View Post
Lol.....we are at 355. Seems like ages from now, doesn't it?


Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Yes it does! I log into the Disney site daily to see the number drop...then get sad to realize its so high. But it was 490something when I started, so its getting better!
__________________



71-84 - Contemporary Resort with Grandparents || 01/94 - Off Site @ Disneyland || 06/07 - Contemporary Resort || 02/08 - Caribbean Beach Resort || 05/10 - All-Star Sports / Coronado Springs Resort || 12/10 - Offsite @ DisneyWorld || 11/11 - Port Orleans Riverside || 11/13 - Port Orleans French Quarter || 5/14 Rock Your Disney Side Party / Pop Century

Next trip: 12/14 - French Quarter
GATORinaZ28 is offline  
Old 12-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #1560
GATORinaZ28
DIS Dad#764
 
GATORinaZ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Milton, FL
Posts: 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
I am ecstatic; we will be exactly six months this coming Saturday.

Only half a year. We are making our ADR's this weekend.

I cannot wait to "get home."
ADR's are a fun point on the timeline! Of course, then its always thinking about resort modifications as well as dining modifications!
__________________



71-84 - Contemporary Resort with Grandparents || 01/94 - Off Site @ Disneyland || 06/07 - Contemporary Resort || 02/08 - Caribbean Beach Resort || 05/10 - All-Star Sports / Coronado Springs Resort || 12/10 - Offsite @ DisneyWorld || 11/11 - Port Orleans Riverside || 11/13 - Port Orleans French Quarter || 5/14 Rock Your Disney Side Party / Pop Century

Next trip: 12/14 - French Quarter
GATORinaZ28 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: