Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #1516
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alorac View Post
I know this is kinda against the purpose of the thread here... but I would recommend taking it as an opportunity to go visit the Boardwalk. Last time I was down in Disney was during the playoffs and my girlfriend and I went to see our team play at the ESPN Zone. It was a TON of fun. A lot of sports fans around and everyone was super friendly (even those cheering for the team we were playing).
Cannot beat the atmosphere for a regular football game and I bet it's fantastic for the Superbowl.

DW DH DD(8) DD(2)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO
Old 12-08-2012, 01:45 AM   #1517
neon1899
Earning My Ears

Wish I had found this forum before our recent trip to POR.
The resort was beautiful, food court was great, boat to DTD was wonderful.
Beds were very comfortable
Had a few complaints while at resort. First one was I could not believe there were no luggage carts to help you transport your luggage to your building from parking lot. We made several trips and were dropping things all over the walkway. I asked two Mousekeepers if POR furnished luggage carts but they could not speak English.They were polite but they could not help. Totally gave us out hauling all our luggage after our long journey to WDW.
Second was on our first night back from all day at MK (we stayed for extra magic hours) my daughter wanted to wash her hair so she wouldn't have to in the morning. She started to blow dry her hair and it started smoking and shooting sparks. She went to bed with her hair still damp and woke up with a head cold that she kept for the remainder of our trip. They did replace this the next day but the damage had already been done.
Third was the entry keypad cover kept falling off and we had to pop it back on every time we went out the door.
I left a tip for Mousekeepers each day. Never was left a towel animal and one day they did not even leave us any shampoo & soap.
These all may seem like small things but they took a little magic away from our stay.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 02:59 AM   #1518
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
I've got a standard view Royal Room booked. Other than requesting Oak Manor, which I already have, is there anything else I should request? I'd like to be close to the main building if possible - will that work with standard view? Are there any corner standard view rooms?
Yes, there are corner standard view rooms. Most of the standard Royal Rooms are on the opposite side from the main facilities areas though (they face the parking lots) but if you put in a request to be as close to the main building as possible you might get lucky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon1899 View Post
First one was I could not believe there were no luggage carts to help you transport your luggage to your building from parking lot.
It's easy in hindsight, but the best way is to take all your bags to Bell Services when you check in (you just can pull up right beside the desk) and they will drive everything over to your room in a pargo and they also have wheeled trolleys to get everything right to your door. Otherwise it can be a real trek with lots of heavy bags.

Sorry about your other issues - as you say, the little things can add up.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #1519
mommycal
Mouseketeer

There are no DVD players in the rooms are there???
Old 12-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #1520
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycal
There are no DVD players in the rooms are there???
Nope.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #1521
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Nope.
Could always hook up a portable one or laptop if you have an av cable.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #1522
mommycal
Mouseketeer

Thanks. How about iron/ironing board. Are those already in the room or do you have to request those?
Old 12-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #1523
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycal View Post
Thanks. How about iron/ironing board. Are those already in the room or do you have to request those?
They are in the room as standard (however they don't have A/V cables )

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 12-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #1524
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
They are in the room as standard (however they don't have A/V cables )

Andre
Yeah you'd have to bring your own. Thanks I forgot to add that in there.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #1525
Devi8or
Earning My Ears

Quick question to anyone that knows. My daughter bought a name necklace from a gift shop here somewhere, can't remember if it was in park or at the hotel. Anyhow the chain broke...can I replace it? Also I have no idea where the receipt is and I paid cash lol...any help before we leave?
Old 12-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #1526
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Yeah you'd have to bring your own. Thanks I forgot to add that in there.
I actually meant that the irons don't have A/V cables, was a sort of joke... oh well, a swing and a miss as they say.

Andre

Old 12-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #1527
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi8or View Post
Quick question to anyone that knows. My daughter bought a name necklace from a gift shop here somewhere, can't remember if it was in park or at the hotel. Anyhow the chain broke...can I replace it? Also I have no idea where the receipt is and I paid cash lol...any help before we leave?
Check any of your other receipts for the returns/mail order email address. I think it's something like wdw.mail.order@disneyworld.com from memory. They should be able to help you. Or phone 1-407-363-6200.

Andre

Old 12-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #1528
goofyredraider
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Yes, there are corner standard view rooms. Most of the standard Royal Rooms are on the opposite side from the main facilities areas though (they face the parking lots) but if you put in a request to be as close to the main building as possible you might get lucky...

Hi Andre, so with a Royal Room with garden view would you recommend requesting the same thing, Oak Manor - close to the main building?

DS(8) DS (10)DD (12)

POR July 2011, POR May 2012, BC June 2012 ; POFQ, AKL, & BC June 2013 (23 night stay!!); POR December 2013,
ASMo for Princess Half Marathon- February 2014
AoA/POFQ split stay - June 2014
**COMING SOON*** Disneyland July 2014
Old 12-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #1529
skippingthrudisney
Earning My Ears

I'm also interested Andre. We, too, have a Royal Room Garden View. Where would a corner room request likely place us? THANKS!!
Old 12-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #1530
Indy Denise
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon1899 View Post
Wish I had found this forum before our recent trip to POR.
The resort was beautiful, food court was great, boat to DTD was wonderful.
Beds were very comfortable
Had a few complaints while at resort. First one was I could not believe there were no luggage carts to help you transport your luggage to your building from parking lot. We made several trips and were dropping things all over the walkway. I asked two Mousekeepers if POR furnished luggage carts but they could not speak English.They were polite but they could not help. Totally gave us out hauling all our luggage after our long journey to WDW.
Second was on our first night back from all day at MK (we stayed for extra magic hours) my daughter wanted to wash her hair so she wouldn't have to in the morning. She started to blow dry her hair and it started smoking and shooting sparks. She went to bed with her hair still damp and woke up with a head cold that she kept for the remainder of our trip. They did replace this the next day but the damage had already been done.
Third was the entry keypad cover kept falling off and we had to pop it back on every time we went out the door.
I left a tip for Mousekeepers each day. Never was left a towel animal and one day they did not even leave us any shampoo & soap.
These all may seem like small things but they took a little magic away from our stay.

From one of a million sites about this subject:
The truth: Exposure to viruses—not skipping the blow-dryer—causes cold and flu.

"Scientists have studied this really well," says Vreeman. "They've put cold viruses in the noses of two groups of people. One group was then exposed to cold/wet conditions, and people who were chilled were no more likely to get sick than those who weren't." Being outside can make your nose run (cold weather dilates blood vessels), but it doesn't make you more susceptible to viruses.

I do not doubt that you did have issues which were valid, but your daughter's head cold was not caused by Disney.

Tags
faq, faqs, por, port orleans, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: