Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #16
peemagg
We are doing the AKL tri-fecta
You will find us wrapped up in them at night and on the weekends

Here is a picture of my chair and the transport hooks. I also have the removable arm rests, but was not using them today.

http://thumbp10-gq1.thumb.mail.yahoo...1849&fid=Inbox

The blue is actually a bit darker than the picture shows and has a bit of glittering to it.

Last edited by peemagg; 10-02-2012 at 02:09 PM. Reason: added info
peemagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #17
Michigan
Mom of the Rolling Crew

Location: Westland, MI in the summer Clermont, FL in the Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peemagg View Post
Here is a picture of my chair and the transport hooks. I also have the removable arm rests, but was not using them today.

http://thumbp10-gq1.thumb.mail.yahoo...1849&fid=Inbox

The blue is actually a bit darker than the picture shows and has a bit of glittering to it.
Don't have permission to see your picture
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #18
rewardsinlife
Mouseketeer

Bwhaha! I figured out how to do the pictures! hooray! Finally, forever later, here are the pics of my chair

The back view...I am guessing the medal clasps are for tying a backpack on?..If you know let me know!

Like Yoda's legs back there on the other chair? haha.

And here is the up close view of the color! Isn't it pretty?! I am so happy!

me on the way to DL...every time!
rewardsinlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #19
peemagg

You're pictures aren't working like mine isn't.

I don't know how else to do it. I have tried copy and paste. No luck! I tried linking to site. No luck! How do you post pictures so others can see them?
Old 10-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #20
peemagg

Let's see if this works.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...size=960%2C720

It is a bit darker of a blue than it appears, and the loops on the upper part of the leg rest is the transportation hook.

Last edited by peemagg; 10-04-2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: added info
Old 10-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #21
rewardsinlife
Mouseketeer

Oh no! They worked on my computer, but then I went to another one and see they are not showing up

I had went to properties on ea. picture copied it and then went to add image in the box. That doesn't work either. Help glittercat or anyone else! How did you add your pictures!?

Old 10-05-2012, 12:16 AM   #22
Glittercat
Mouseketeer

So sorry for the delay in responding! Had to finish up a painting that will be auctioned at an event for charity to benefit a women's & children's shelter, and i just finished! The only way photos have worked for me here is to link them from my Flickr account. First thing tomorrow I'll give directions that worked for me. *hug* I know how frustrating it is for the images not to show up. but together we'll fix it! *hugs* ~ (a very sleepy) rebecca

Glittercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #23
Glittercat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewardsinlife View Post
Oh no! They worked on my computer, but then I went to another one and see they are not showing up

I had went to properties on ea. picture copied it and then went to add image in the box. That doesn't work either. Help glittercat or anyone else! How did you add your pictures!?
I very much apologize for the delay! Time keeps getting away from me, and so many things to finish this time of year, I'm a bit behind in social media. My wheelchair ships Oct. 10!!! Not like I'm excited or anything! Below are my pink crutches that I'm trying hard to use to get around the house.
These instructions are only for Flickr my dear. I just don't know about the other image hosting sites.
• To post to the forum I used my flickr account http://www.flickr.com/
• 1st click on your uploaded photo
• top left hand corner has a "share" button
• click that, it will open up a dialog box of options
• There will be a big box with the HTML/ BBCode, select all, copy
• below that choose size

on DIS Boards...
• click on the icon for "insert link" (globe and chain icon)
• Paste URL into that box
• check Preview and your image link should be live

Hope this helps if not let me know and I'll try to help in another way.

IMG_0870 by SideshowSiren, on Flickr

Old 10-14-2012, 11:22 PM   #24
Glittercat
Mouseketeer

My chair arrived on Friday, and I love her! Friday we also received some some not so happy news regarding my mom's cancer, so I didn't post about the chair anywhere.
Shipping was perfect, the lovely guy that walked Pete and I through the ordering process was friendly and brilliant! The chair fits me very well, and I feel very lucky!

Old 10-15-2012, 08:46 AM   #25
peemagg

I'm glad that you are happy with your chair! Sorry to hear about the bad news about your Mom.

Happy Wheelin!
Old 10-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #26
rewardsinlife
Mouseketeer

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry about your mom.

I am happy though about your chairs! thanks for the info on the pics...will try again today. When you get a chance I would love to see pics of your new chair too!

Old 10-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #27
Glittercat
Mouseketeer

Thank you both for the kind messages! She has t-cell lymphoma and we thought after 6 rounds of chemo it was almost gone. Then she got sick they dropped dosage, and it is growing in her spleen, liver, and bone marrow again. I'm trying hard to be there for her, but I fail at it sometimes. My kids need a lot of attention too, so we're all just taking it day by day. She is eating again though so I'm stoked about that!! I'm sorry this got off topic. From phone I can't figure out how to reply very well.
I'll post pics tonight! One is up on Flickr now. Going grocery shopping after we get kids from school so I'll see how she (the chair) works in store. *hugs & love* to all who need some! ~Rebecca

Old 10-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #28
Piper
DIS Veteran

I am sorry about your mother. I know it is difficult trying to be there for her as well as your children. I'm sure you feel like you are being stretched really thin sometimes.

I am glad you got your chair and I'm looking forward to the picture!
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #29
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewardsinlife View Post

They work on your computer because yours has them cached. So, it doesn't need to go back to the website to get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glittercat View Post
Thank you both for the kind messages! She has t-cell lymphoma and we thought after 6 rounds of chemo it was almost gone. Then she got sick they dropped dosage, and it is growing in her spleen, liver, and bone marrow again. I'm trying hard to be there for her, but I fail at it sometimes. My kids need a lot of attention too, so we're all just taking it day by day. She is eating again though so I'm stoked about that!! I'm sorry this got off topic. From phone I can't figure out how to reply very well.
I'll post pics tonight! One is up on Flickr now. Going grocery shopping after we get kids from school so I'll see how she (the chair) works in store. *hugs & love* to all who need some! ~Rebecca
Sorry about your mom.
My dad had non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Not an easy thing to go thru.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: