Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 08:43 AM   #31
73justme
Earning My Ears

Talking

I couldn't take it anymore, I received 35% off pin for my dates. Really wanted Free Dining, but booked: 8/28 - 9/4 at CBR preferred room. I figured at least I received a discount and when free dining comes out in March I will switch it to free dining if able, which I hope I can. I won't get hit with a fee will I?
Old 11-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #32
Sandmanswife9
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73justme
I couldn't take it anymore, I received 35% off pin for my dates. Really wanted Free Dining, but booked: 8/28 - 9/4 at CBR preferred room. I figured at least I received a discount and when free dining comes out in March I will switch it to free dining if able, which I hope I can. I won't get hit with a fee will I?
You should be able to switch to free dining and shouldn't be a fee.
Sandmanswife9 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #33
Natalie's Mommy
Mouseketeer

new to AUgust, we normally do september but with my kids getting older im worried about them missing the 2nd full week of school.

I'm currently booking in september 2013 with the FD BB but im gonna call and switch to August just wavering on dates. Id really like a room only discount though since we arn't huge eating it would save us more in the long run.

So tell me about AUgust, and i gonna melt? are the lines awful?

ASMu Sept 2011
POFQ with free DDP Sept 2012
POFQ free dining Sept 2013
And days away till POFQ Sept 2014
Natalie's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #34
Sandmanswife9
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie's Mommy
new to AUgust, we normally do september but with my kids getting older im worried about them missing the 2nd full week of school.

I'm currently booking in september 2013 with the FD BB but im gonna call and switch to August just wavering on dates. Id really like a room only discount though since we arn't huge eating it would save us more in the long run.

So tell me about AUgust, and i gonna melt? are the lines awful?
My family and I, go in August. Yes, it's hot and humid, but not every day and every minute. Occasional afternoon or evening downpour from anywhere's from 5min to an hour, have not gotten anything longer than that. The lines are not to bad, however we fastpass the popular ones. Our week is usually the 24th thru Labor Day. Have fun!
Old 11-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #35
racinjunkie
Mouseketeer

Hi all!! We're currently dreaming of an August 2013 trip. We're pinching pennies to see if we can make it work but a PIN, RO, or FD would make it a reality. We're currently looking at the 3rd through 10th, we can be flexible but I work in a school and have to report to work beginning on the 19th (. I have only gotten a PIN once and couldn't use it, wish I knew the secret to getting more LOL. We're planning on doing our first camping trip, should be interesting. It's me, hubby and twins ds 15 and dd 15.
racinjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #36
73justme
Earning My Ears

WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE LABOR DAY WEEKEND. Low crowds, yes it is hot and sticky, but always have fun, much rather be hot and sticky in disney then hot and sticky in Boston.

This will be our 4th trip end of August beginning of September. Can't wait, already planning ADRs, lol
Old 11-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #37
Andie272
Mouseketeer

Subscribing to this thread!

Planning our next trip for end of August 2013. Would love free dining, want to stay in AoA, but would change hotels to get free dining. Are there any free dining codes out there now?

What is Play Stay and Dine that people mentioned?

I have not planned a Disney trip in a while, what has changed in the past 4 years?

2006 - All Star Music
2009 - Coronado Springs
2013 -Caribbean Beach Resort
Andie272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #38
diamondpixienc
DIS Veteran

Early August for us too. Just hoping for a RO or maybe a 4/3 or kids stay and play free would be good. I just know FD is pretty much not gonna happen for our dates so. Let's hope the pin gods will show some love anyway. :0)

diamondpixienc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #39
Sandmanswife9
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andie272
Subscribing to this thread!

Planning our next trip for end of August 2013. Would love free dining, want to stay in AoA, but would change hotels to get free dining. Are there any free dining codes out there now?

What is Play Stay and Dine that people mentioned?

I have not planned a Disney trip in a while, what has changed in the past 4 years?
This is an email that I received from Leslie at Pixie Vacations

I have added you to the official 2013 Free Dining Mailing list but in
the meantime I wanted to reach out to you to let you know that Disney
HAS announced great discounts with room only and stay/play/dine which
gives you dining free for a ton of dates through March. Pixie
Vacations has also partnered with Disney group sales to offer NICE
discounts (up to 40% off) on rooms paired with discounted tickets and
ability to add dining WITH a free water parks or Disney Quest ticket
per person. We have those offers throughout Spring Break 2013, and one
week in April, May, June, July and October of 2013.
If you are interested in pricing please let me know what dates you
would be interested in and how many adults/children in your party.
When you book through me it doesn't stop there. As SOON as Disney
releases a new discount that potentially saves you more money I am on
the phone with Disney instantly applying that discount to save you
money, I LOVE to save my clients money! I also offer free concierge
service, making all of your dining reservations for you, free
itinerary and parks guide so you don't spend your vacation waiting in
line.
I am always available to you via phone, email and text even when you
are in Disney on your vacation.
I ALWAYS offer booking incentives like Disney gift cards/ personalized
Disney totes, etc. and my SERVICE IS FREE!!!!!
I look forward to helping you plan an amazing vacation to Disney with
your family!
Lesley
Old 11-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #40
MrsDoubtfire
Mouseketeer

Pins, pins, PINS

I'm not sure why but I have received a PIN offer pretty much every year for the last several years .... our last trip to WDW was in August 2007, the time before that was Dec 2005. They usually arrive by regular US mail on a over-sized postcard, but the latest one arrived via email. It is for mostly room-only discounts and some free dining rates, depending on dates.

I'm taking advantage of the room discount and booking a cabin at the campground - it's a 30% discount off of rack rates. This will be our first stay in a cabin on Disney property, however we have always stayed on property during out trips. We are limited as to when we can take vacations due to work for DH and I, and school for the children. So WDW in August 2013, here we come !!!!
MrsDoubtfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #41
Ivonne
Mouseketeer

Can you please help me? I am a first time Disney traveler! I have never been there before. This will be my first trip with my family. My husband, 2 daughters ages 12 and 8, my 1 year old son will be traveling August 13-24, 2013. I haven't booked yet, but I called Disney to get a quote and it's almost $5600. I asked for a moderate ( Coronado), dining plan, park tickets, and hotel. Is that a good deal.? I'm not sure. I've been reading posts and some people have traveled for less. I want it to be special for my family and myself. I have looked for the special offers but can't find anything. Can you please help?.
Ivonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #42
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivonne View Post
Can you please help me? I am a first time Disney traveler! I have never been there before. This will be my first trip with my family. My husband, 2 daughters ages 12 and 8, my 1 year old son will be traveling August 13-24, 2013. I haven't booked yet, but I called Disney to get a quote and it's almost $5600. I asked for a moderate ( Coronado), dining plan, park tickets, and hotel. Is that a good deal.? I'm not sure. I've been reading posts and some people have traveled for less. I want it to be special for my family and myself. I have looked for the special offers but can't find anything. Can you please help?.
Book the resort and package you are happy with and can afford. If a discount offer comes out for your travel dates then you can try and apply it to your booking. Discounts for August usually do not come out until mid-Spring and early Summer and they may or may not include the resort and/or view you are looking for.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #43
Diz Kids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivonne
You may want to look into exactly what you want and what you were quoted. Did they quote park hoppers or water parks? Do you want those things? You can go online and price out your options with an without these things, and at different hotels. There are no discounts out for that time right now, so whatever you were quoted is their rack rate. Book what you are happy with an then follow the boards and Disney website for specials. You may be able to apply any future discounts to your reservation(of course this depends on availability).

Diz Kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #44
rdevine10
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them- Walt Disney

We are looking at August 2013 as well! Likely around the 10th or 11th for 10 to 14 nights depending. We are unsure if we want to stay onsite again or go back to Bonnet Creek (we love it there). But, if Free Dining was around we could be lured back onsite

This will be our 1st time for August, as we typically go end of Sept or April. But, our youngest will finally be tall enough for all Disney rides so we want more time, which means, we must go when they are not in school!
Too many childhood trips to count. 9/00- ASMovies, 5/05- Pop, 9/06- Pop, 9/07- Pop, 5/08-AKL & Summer Bay, 9/08- Pop, 4/09-Nick Hotel & Caribe Royal, 4/10-Bonnet Creek, 9/10- Pop, 4/11 Disney Dream Cruise-4night (Nassau & Castaway Cay x 2) & Bonnet Creek, 4/12 Carnival Legend Cruise (Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize & Cozumel) & CBR, 4/13- Bonnet Creek 8/13- Daytona Beach, RCCL Enchantment of the Seas (Nassau & Coco Cay) & Art of Animation! 4/2014- Carnival Freedom (Key West, Ocho Rios & Grand Cayman) & Caribe Royal 7/14- Daytona Beach & Holiday Inn Resort Lake Beuna Vista 8/14- Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island, Bahamas

rdevine10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #45
Ivonne
Mouseketeer

We finally booked!!! First trip to Disney for all of my kids. We are leaving August 13-24, staying at Coronado Springs, 10 day park tickets, and dining plan. Now next part of planning dinning what do recommend ? Would love character dining .
Ivonne is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: