Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #2866
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next we have AuroraMeansDawn's update from her dinner last night at Animal Kingdom's...

Dawn said, "Back from a great arrival day at Animal Kingdom. It was getting cool so were able to check in a half hour early at Yak & Yeti. I started my birthday dinner with an Empress Bloody Mary on the spicy side. It was lemony and had a nice kick and just the right hint of Worcestershire."

Empress Bloody Mary with Stolichnaya Vodka and spicy bloody mary mix.

Next some menu pics...

"Jesse and Dylan both opted for the Miso Salmon. Jesse subbed the rice for mixed veggies and Dylan had it as described on the menu."

Seared Miso Salmon - miso glazed Atlantic salmon, jasmine rice, baby bok choy and shiitake mushroom stir-fry

"The salmon was perfectly seasoned and the salt and pepper shaker went untouched. The sauteed bok choy was crisp, tender and tasty!"

"I opted for the Kobe Beef Burger and subbed steamed broccoli for the fries and had the sauteed shiitake mushroom topping. The spicy mayo had a great kick and the burger was pure heaven and well worth the 25 minute wait to prepare it. I skipped the ciabatta bun but it looked fresh and tender."

"And since we are not big sweet eaters, Dylan got the famed wonton dessert and Jesse opted for a coffee. To use our other two dessert credits, Katrina, our incredibly helpful server, fixed two fruit cups to go that we brought back and stashed for breakfast. The won ton dessert was exactly as wonderful as I remembered it from 2008. I managed to sneak a bite of it from Dylan's plate and didn't draw back a nub."

"Jesse also sipped a cup of coffee that was NOT Nescafe while we noshed on wontons!"

"I give this meal three hundred and eight stars!"

2 February Game Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points for sign, menus, interior, Jesse & Dylan pics and new cocktail

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan

Last edited by jabead; 03-09-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #2867
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then next is MichelleWDWfan's dinner update from...

Michelle said, "I was seated at the counter in front of the kitchen. Enjoyed talking to and watching the chefs cook."

Next a menu pic...

Here is what Michelle chose...

Pear Martini - A combination of Glenfiddich 12 yr. Bourbon, Hendricks Gin, Kerns Pear Nectar, agave nectar & fresh lime juice.

Potato Onion Bread

Signature Flying Fish Cafe Appetizer Duo:
Crispy Maine Coast Jonah Crab Cake and Caesar Salad

Signature Flying Fish Cafe Entree Duo:
Char-crusted Angus NY Strip Steak and Potato-wrapped Red Snapper

"The steak was cooked perfectly, and the snapper was delicious."

Our Signature Flying Fish Café Caramelized Banana Napoleon - crisp phyllo, banana mousse, creme caramel, exotic fruit coulis and bitter chocolate

"Very decadent and tasty."

"All around a fantastic meal. Everything was delicious."

5 February Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menu, misc. pics and new cocktail

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #2868
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Then next is MichelleWDWfan's dinner update from...

Michelle said, "I was seated at the counter in front of the kitchen. Enjoyed talking to and watching the chefs cook."

Signature Flying Fish Cafe Appetizer Duo:
Crispy Maine Coast Jonah Crab Cake and Caesar Salad

Signature Flying Fish Cafe Entree Duo:
Char-crusted Angus NY Strip Steak and Potato-wrapped Red Snapper

"The steak was cooked perfectly, and the snapper was delicious."

Our Signature Flying Fish Café Caramelized Banana Napoleon - crisp phyllo, banana mousse, creme caramel, exotic fruit coulis and bitter chocolate

"Very decadent and tasty."

"All around a fantastic meal. Everything was delicious."

5 February Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menu, misc. pics and new cocktail
This is exactly what I'm planning on ordering in August! Everything looks delicious.

Do you think the entree portions of the steak and snapper are big enough to split?
Old 03-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #2869
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next we are going to take a detour over to the Disney parks on the West coast with an update from DaisyluvzGoofy.

DISNEYLAND

Daisy said, "DH and I were reflecting on the fact that we came in significantly under budget. (yes, under budget for a WDW vacation!!) and decided to try some new restaurants in the [Disneyland] parks as a treat to ourselves over this past weekend!"

"We ate dinner at the Golden Horseshoe on Friday night (meatless Friday option for those who are looking!)"

A menu pic...

"We had the fish basket with french fries & we split a hot fudge sundae. The fish was nice and hot, and they gave you a choice of tartar sauce, ranch, BBQ and marinara for dipping. Very filling!"

"The sundae was pretty good. The ones that came out while we were waiting had much larger cookies, which was disappointing, but oh well!"

"The park was open until 12 am so we had a cupcake late in the evening from the..."

A menu pic...

"They said it was the "monthly specialty cupcake" chocolate with raspberry filling. The filling was just a few raspberries and whipped cream, but the icing on top was TO DIE FOR. YUM!"

4 February Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Old 03-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #2870
jude&jonah
Mouseketeer

Oh man... that cookie sundae looks amazing!!!

1995- Caribbean Beach / 1998 x2- Boardwalk & Fort Wilderness / 2002- Sheraton Vistana
2006- Sheraton Vistana / 2006 to 2007- Grand Floridian Cast Member /
2011- Coronado Springs / 2013 Caribbean Beach & Polynesian Split-Stay
Booked for March 2014 for 6 nights at Coronado Springs!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #2871
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then on Sunday DaisyluvzGoofy had lunch at

Disneyland's...

"DH and I haven't been here in at least 2 years, maybe more. Service was great!"

A menu pic...

Bread Basket

Cup of Blue Bayou Gumbo

Cajun-inspired salad

"DH had the Beef Strip Loin and I had the Crab Cakes. DH said he wished they said the seasonal veggies included mushrooms (neither of us are fans)."

Roasted Beef Strip Loin - Seasoned with Chef's signature five pepper blend, then slow roasted over rock salt. Topped with Armagnac sauce and crispy hand battered onion rings. Served with Blue Bayou potatoes and seasonal vegetables.

DH said, "The strip was juicy and well seasoned and the potatoes and veggies were just alright. I really liked the salad because of the dressing."

Isla-Cruces Crab Cakes - Succulent pan-seared Crab Cakes, topped with lobster beurre blanc and mango slaw. With Blue Bayou potatoes and seasonal vegetables.

Daisy said, "The crab cakes were ok but the lobster sauce was almost non-existent. I had the gumbo, which was nice and spicy for a cool day."

"We had the creme brulee which came with a few fruit sauces (kiwi, raspberry and mango) which was a great addition!"

3 February Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and interior pics

Old 03-07-2013, 09:45 PM   #2872
jabead
DIS Veteran

One last update from DaisyluvzGoofy, this from

Disneyland's...

"We had a snack from the River Belle Terrace while waiting for our late ADR for Big Thunder Ranch BBQ..."

Chocolate Cake

"Nice and moist. And an easy way to get free ice water without feeling bad."

"We had some time to see Mickey & Minnie in Big Thunder Ranch as well. It was a Ghost Town!!!"

"Dinner at BTRBBQ was Excellent! It's basically DLR's version of Hoop-dee-doo without the show and included dessert!"

All you can eat - BBQ chicken and ribs, smoked sausage, cole slaw, corn on the cob, ranch beans and cornbread

"They had very similar ribs, but also had BBQ chicken instead of fried chicken. The sausage was an addition as well, which was DH's favorite item in this meal and my favorite were the ribs!! The corn was on the cob instead and the cornbread was in small loafs but still awesome! The slaw was really good as well! So minus the alcohol and included dessert, I really liked this food more than Hoop-dee-doo's. The desserts looked good, but we were stuffed!!!"

Here's the dessert menu...

"Yay for exploring our options at DLR! Hope you all enjoyed some more updates from us!"

4 February Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for menus & signs, pic with Minnie, and pic of DH

Old 03-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #2873
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi there DDW! I am looking forward to taking a back seat and seeing what she has to offer as well. (I suppose I will have some input since I ate the food too and she does need to ask my opinion!! ) She experimented with her Canon 40D camera as well so the photos in her DR will be quite different than the iphone photos here.
I'm definitely looking forward to this dining report - I'm sure Em is gonna have some fun taking the lead on this one, and it'll be awesome to see the food pics from Emily's Canon.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #2874
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
I'm definitely looking forward to this dining report - I'm sure Em is gonna have some fun taking the lead on this one, and it'll be awesome to see the food pics from Emily's Canon.
Agreed!! I tell her tick tock get to uploading but she's getting caught up with a school.

DaisyluvzGoofy: I'm so glad that my DH does not see this live thread since he's wanted to try BTRBBQ for some time at D-land. Your meal looks awesome!!!
My favorite D-land CS meal for some time was the kid's roast beef sandwich at River Belle Terrace until they changed it recently. They made it heathier by switching the buttery delicious bun to a multigrain flatbread - boo! What kid wants that??
Old 03-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #2875
jabead
DIS Veteran

Good TGIF Morning everyone!

Just a few updates came in yesterday, beginning with our First Update of the Day from AuroraMeansDawn.

Dawn said, "It's lunch time [aka 11:47 ], so we stopped in at..."

"It was our first time here and it's a great menu. Jesse and I got the grilled pork chop. Jesse with no BBQ sauce and green beans on the side. I got the same but with sauce. The BBQ sauce isn't really a BBQ sauce but more of a mild tomato salsa."

"The chops are nice and thick but a little hard to manage with a plastic knife and fork. The beans were crisp tender but kind of swimming in fat. Dylan got the fish and said it was mild and tasty and flaky. He also got his with green beans."

Three calorie-free chocolate chip cookies

"We asked and were able to sub three water bottles for our desserts, though she rang them as three chocolate chip cookies for the the DDP."

"And they sang Happy Birthday to me!"

2 February Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for sign pic, pics of Jesse, Dylan, and Dawn, "Happy Birthday" pic, and First Update of the Day

Last edited by jabead; 03-08-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #2876
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

VN really does sound amazing!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #2877
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
VN really does sound amazing!

Hi Lori! How you doing?

Planning any trips to to the World?

Old 03-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #2878
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next we received this pic from woodleygrrl...

Chefs de France

Assiette Campagnarde - rustic assortment of French pates, and charcuteries

1 February Game Point Earned

Old 03-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #2879
jabead
DIS Veteran

Our third and final update from yesterday was from AuroraMeansDawn.

She said, "After an early morning rope drop at Epcot, we came back to rest before dinner and because he is a teenage boy, my manchild had a second lunch at...

"He had the Buffalo Chicken sandwich. The cutlet is a little small and it does not automatically come with lettuce and tomato - you have to ask, even though it's pictured on the menu with garnishes. He said the chicken was good and it was a pretty standard mild buffalo sauce. Had a little kick, but the blue cheese dressing tamed it nicely."

"The individual cream cake was nice and light. Nothing too memorable."

"I also talked him into splitting a snack credit order of three beignets with me. Splitting for us meant I had half of one and Dylan had the rest."

"I got the obligatory powdered sugar shower with the first bite and it was yummo. My husband's family is from New Orleans and we are pretty spoiled by Cafe du Monde and its hard not to compare. But these were warm, fresh and totally passable but would be 1000x better with a Cafe au lait with chickory. Btw, it's still Nescafe in the food court, in case anyone was wondering."

"This guy and I agree that Nescafe blows!"

2 February Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and final pic

Old 03-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #2880
jabead
DIS Veteran

That's all for this morning folks, but check back tonight for updates from Teppan Edo, Kona Cafe, Citricos, and Chef Mickey's...and that's just what we've gotten so far this morning.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: