Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #31
DisneyGirlie
DIS Veteran

Yeah, I feel as though the other PIs don't get much love. I hear so much about the management ones, as well as Animal Programs, but other than that, nothing. I applied for a few PIs that fall under the CP Alumni Only branch, but know nothing regarding those. I only know about how my management PI process is going. The wait is so hard.
1994-2004 Off-site * Spring 2005 Caribbean Beach- Martinique * Spring 2006 All-Star Movies- Fantasia * Nov. 18- Nov. 24 2006 Pop Century- '50s * March 2nd-7th 2007 Pop Century- '80s * Oct. 12- Oct. 17th 2007 Pop Century- '60s * Feb. 2- Feb. 8th 2008 Polynesian- Hawaii*Sept. 27th-Oct. 3rd 2008 Grand Floridian- Boca Chica*Dec. 13- Dec 17th 2008 Port Orleans Riverside- Oak Manor*May 16- May 23rd 2009 Beach Club Resort*Aug. 10-Aug. 13th 2009 Pop Century- '50s.*Dec. 10- Dec. 13th 2009 Yacht Club Resort*March 6-10th 2010 Contemporary MK View*July 31st- Aug 7th 2010 Contemporary MK View
October 27-October 30 2010 Pop Century*Animal Kingdom Lodge- Dec. 11-16th 2010*June 8th-13th 2011 Coronado Springs- Cabanas.* Fall Advantage College Program 6/11-1/12*Boardwalk Inn August 2012*October 2012 All-Star Sports*January 2013 Port Orleans French Quarter*1/21/13-8/13 Spring Advantage College Program
DisneyGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #32
sonshineandsmiles
Earning My Ears

Smile

DisneyGirlie - - -

Have you heard anything on any of your Alumni PIs or scheduled 2nd interviews for Hollywood Studios Operations Support internship, Epcot Operations Support internship, or Traditions?

Do you receive an email prior to status being updated on dashboard? Our son completed 1st round for same positions.

Congrats on the CP and 2nd-round Mgmt Retail! I bet you get it!

sonshineandsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2012, 12:17 AM   #33
stitch09
I never get tired of dancing to "Celebrate You"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonshineandsmiles View Post
DisneyGirlie - - -

Have you heard anything on any of your Alumni PIs or scheduled 2nd interviews for Hollywood Studios Operations Support internship, Epcot Operations Support internship, or Traditions?

Do you receive an email prior to status being updated on dashboard? Our son completed 1st round for same positions.

I know this wasn't directed toward me, but I thought I'd let you know that for my 2nd interview for the Park and Event Ticket Sales PI, the recruiter said that they were actually ahead of everyone else, and that a lot of 2nd round interviews don't start for a little while longer. I don't know if that is true for every PI, but I also selected a few Alumni choices as well (including Epcot Operations and Traditions), so I was hoping they haven't started the next round yet. I guess we'll find out together!

DisneyGirlie- I know what you mean. I feel like the PIs are near impossible to research. There's so much info out there about the CP, but hardly anything for the PIs.

stitch09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:01 AM   #34
sonshineandsmiles
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the input! It really is a test of patience. Just read on the official Disney blog site that more activity for the PIs p/u from mid Oct - Nov. Only a lucky few have probably heard anything; so no news is good news at this point.

Good Luck to all!
sonshineandsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #35
Cais
DIS Veteran

I'm the current Traditions intern and I'm extending through June. There was a second interview but that was about 3 months after my screened. A heads up: many people are under the impression that my role is facillitating Traditions classes. Nope. I'm behind the scenes coordinating . This internahip has only been around a few years and has generally been one intern per season.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #36
RalateMoon
Earning My Ears

Does anyone have an idea how is the level of difficulty of the third interview? Just curious
RalateMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #37
Lady V
I kept waking up so hot!
I get teary eyed and happy all at the same time!

I had a one on one meeting with my area manager and she said she didn't think the third one was much harder than the second one. I still am up in the air about staying here or not but I am so thankful for the continuing education offered. I'm just going to keep going through the process and if I don't get it than that's my answer! And if I do, well, I'll have to really start thinking! Does anyone know how long you have to respond if you are in fact offered a PI? I know the help here is going to make me a stronger applicant for every interview- at Disney or not.
-BCV,HRH,AKV,BWV,
2010-BLT, ASSports,ASMusic, AKV, 2011-SSR2012-CBR, DAAR, BCV
2013 -ASMovies, AKV,POP, AKL 2014-SSR(3X),ASSports, Pop, OKW(2X), AKV(Club level!), BWV
Disney Dream-Jan 2014, Disney Magic-Feb 2014, Disney Magic-April 2014

Last edited by Lady V; 10-16-2012 at 06:10 PM.
Lady V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #38
ibaw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch09 View Post
DisneyGirlie- I know what you mean. I feel like the PIs are near impossible to research. There's so much info out there about the CP, but hardly anything for the PIs.
If you have any general questions about any PIs in general I would go ahead and ask them here. I know there are a number of people who have completed a PI in the past (such as myself) that could give some insight into different roles/experiences.

My background with the PIs is as follows:
Fall 2009 - Park Event Operations
Fall 2011 - WDPR Finance/Accounting

I have been with the company continuously since 2008 and am now working for the Studios in CA. I know many individuals who have participated in a PI, so ask any/all questions and maybe someone here will know the answer!
Old 10-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #39
DisneyGirlie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonshineandsmiles View Post
DisneyGirlie - - -

Thank you so much. I haven't heard anything about Alumni PIs. As someone else pointed out, some of them have second rounds, and I was told by my interviewer (the general phone screen one) that some don't have a second interview. I have heard though that Alumni PIs are some of the last to find out. I'm starting to feel that that is extremely true.

As a side note and personal complaint, I'm a little upset about my 3rd round management PI interview. I was told I would receive a phone call to schedule my 3rd interview within two weeks. Tomorrow marks two weeks since I had my second round interview. Killing me here, Disney.

As far as emails and dashboard, no. My status for the Alumni only ones hasn't changed obviously (been in interview stage forever) and for the management PI there was no email update or dashboard update. I had been in interview stage for the management PI ever since my initial phone screen and then one day I received a phone call to set up a second round interview.
1994-2004 Off-site * Spring 2005 Caribbean Beach- Martinique * Spring 2006 All-Star Movies- Fantasia * Nov. 18- Nov. 24 2006 Pop Century- '50s * March 2nd-7th 2007 Pop Century- '80s * Oct. 12- Oct. 17th 2007 Pop Century- '60s * Feb. 2- Feb. 8th 2008 Polynesian- Hawaii*Sept. 27th-Oct. 3rd 2008 Grand Floridian- Boca Chica*Dec. 13- Dec 17th 2008 Port Orleans Riverside- Oak Manor*May 16- May 23rd 2009 Beach Club Resort*Aug. 10-Aug. 13th 2009 Pop Century- '50s.*Dec. 10- Dec. 13th 2009 Yacht Club Resort*March 6-10th 2010 Contemporary MK View*July 31st- Aug 7th 2010 Contemporary MK View
October 27-October 30 2010 Pop Century*Animal Kingdom Lodge- Dec. 11-16th 2010*June 8th-13th 2011 Coronado Springs- Cabanas.* Fall Advantage College Program 6/11-1/12*Boardwalk Inn August 2012*October 2012 All-Star Sports*January 2013 Port Orleans French Quarter*1/21/13-8/13 Spring Advantage College Program
Old 10-16-2012, 09:48 PM   #40
tggrbuny
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibaw View Post
If you have any general questions about any PIs in general I would go ahead and ask them here. I know there are a number of people who have completed a PI in the past (such as myself) that could give some insight into different roles/experiences.

My background with the PIs is as follows:
Fall 2009 - Park Event Operations
Fall 2011 - WDPR Finance/Accounting

I have been with the company continuously since 2008 and am now working for the Studios in CA. I know many individuals who have participated in a PI, so ask any/all questions and maybe someone here will know the answer!
I have questions about about your most recent position. I am also a finance major. My first interview went well and I have high hopes for getting something. I was accepted to the CP, so either way...I am going.

I am not really certain what to expect in the day to day routine of the finance department internship. What kind of work did you do?

I am hoping that this will lead to a permanent position with Disney finance, perhaps in a year or two. I am already working towards a move to Orlando.

I would appreciate anything you want to share, you can even PM if you think it will be too boring for the thread
Thanks in advance!
Old 10-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #41
Lady V
I kept waking up so hot!
I get teary eyed and happy all at the same time!

I'm sure you'll get your call soon. At my second interview,(which was last Thursday), they said the 3rd round would be very soon so I'm sure your call is coming. As far as my other management PI's I only have had the initial phone screen and both of them have sat in interview stage ever since.
-BCV,HRH,AKV,BWV,
2010-BLT, ASSports,ASMusic, AKV, 2011-SSR2012-CBR, DAAR, BCV
2013 -ASMovies, AKV,POP, AKL 2014-SSR(3X),ASSports, Pop, OKW(2X), AKV(Club level!), BWV
Disney Dream-Jan 2014, Disney Magic-Feb 2014, Disney Magic-April 2014
Lady V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #42
DisneyGirlie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady V View Post
I'm sure you'll get your call soon. At my second interview,(which was last Thursday), they said the 3rd round would be very soon so I'm sure your call is coming. As far as my other management PI's I only have had the initial phone screen and both of them have sat in interview stage ever since.
The reason I'm upset about not hearing back to schedule my 3rd interview is because of timing. I'm opting to have my 3rd interview in person, which is a big deal. I'll have to miss some classes undoubtedly and get off work. The thing is, I currently work in a Halloween store and basically it is about to hit insane season for us this weekend. So, basically, I can't go down to have a 3rd round interview until at least Nov. 1st. Hope they can deal.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #43
ibaw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tggrbuny View Post
I have questions about about your most recent position. I am also a finance major. My first interview went well and I have high hopes for getting something. I was accepted to the CP, so either way...I am going.

I am not really certain what to expect in the day to day routine of the finance department internship. What kind of work did you do?

I am hoping that this will lead to a permanent position with Disney finance, perhaps in a year or two. I am already working towards a move to Orlando.

I would appreciate anything you want to share, you can even PM if you think it will be too boring for the thread
Thanks in advance!
When I participated in the accounting/finance internship, it was probably one of the most structured internships on property. You work as a financial analyst supporting a line of business, department, or group. I worked in accounting supporting Financial Reporting for Domestic Parks and Resorts. In addition to your full time role as an analyst, you are required to take numerous finance/accounting classes (both to learn the Disney financial systems and to broaden your accounting/finance background). There are required tasks and group work, ALL of which occurs on the Company's time while you are at work. (They are very strict about you only working on class work/projects whilst on the clock at work and your managers all know about the work/projects and give you ample time to meet with your team and complete your assignments).

The mixture of the intense classroom training and working as a financial analyst gives you excellent insight into the company and what to expect from a finance/accounting role with any large corporation. Many of us from the internship have been able to find roles within the Company (all based on availability, as there is no guarantee of a full time position upon successful completion of the internship).

This PI gives you excellent experience both for Disney and another company. If you are not selected this round, do not get discouraged. Talk to your leaders on the CP and set up as many meaningful meet n' greets with individuals in finance/accounting as you can. Networking absolutely helps!!

Hope this helps out :D
Old 10-17-2012, 06:38 AM   #44
tggrbuny
Mouseketeer

Not only does it help, it is actually sounds really exciting. I have (like everyone else) been in agony waiting for some movement on my dashboard. Everytime someone posts that they moved up a step, I rush to the site to see if I moved at all. I am clinging to the feedback that my interview gave me in which she said I did "very well". Although being accepted to the CP does give a confidence that either way I will spend the winter in Florida, I would rather have the PI just to move my Disney career along at better pace.

Thank you so much for the information. I really appreciate it.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:29 AM   #45
Cais
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tggrbuny View Post
Not only does it help, it is actually sounds really exciting. I have (like everyone else) been in agony waiting for some movement on my dashboard. Everytime someone posts that they moved up a step, I rush to the site to see if I moved at all. I am clinging to the feedback that my interview gave me in which she said I did "very well". Although being accepted to the CP does give a confidence that either way I will spend the winter in Florida, I would rather have the PI just to move my Disney career along at better pace.

Thank you so much for the information. I really appreciate it.
If anyone is desperately waiting for movement on Alumni-only PIs, note that my dashboard has not moved from Interview stage since January 24th. The only movement I've heard of past that is NLIC.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: