Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
lovemymac
Earning My Ears

Crowds and weather in late october early november

We have been mulling over when to go and first thought jan or feb but weather I'm told is very unpredictable.
So we started looking at late October early November. We usually go first week of December but wife says and I agree we love Christmas but when we spend 10 days gone in December it seems to just make our Christmas time here and gone. And we miss all our own christmas decorations we do.

So we thought if we are not going in dec what would be a great time to go and have low crowds and good weather. We like going in dec because we usually walk on most of the rides.i would miss that if wE have to wait in long lines.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
lovemymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:20 PM   #2
Briangwen7
Earning My Ears

Also Going!

I've read that rain is low, I'm Going to Disney World around that time also. October 30th to November 5th.

<3 Disney Couple:

Last edited by Briangwen7; 09-20-2012 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Error
Briangwen7 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 10:36 PM   #3
lovemymac
Earning My Ears

I know food and wine festival is during that time so i didnt know if it makes for worse crowds or not.
I have been looking at undercover tourist and at touringplans.com but was not sure how accurate they are and such.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
lovemymac
Earning My Ears

Let me know how the crowds are. I was curious since I read that anytime there is an event at the parks like food and wine or others it makes it crowded.

If its not bad we will look into going around that time.

Old 09-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
DisneyDanielle85
Mouseketeer

We went last October 20-23 for a weekend and the crowds were moderate. We're also going on our honeymoon from 10/30-11/4. I'm excited/nervous to see what the crowds will be during that time.

~Danielle~
~A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes~ ~Princess Belle!~ "I only hope we don't forget one thing- It was all started by a mouse" - Walt Disney
DisneyDanielle85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #6
Mr. Pig
I picked Monorail Coral so that it won't be lonely

We have gone many times in late Oct. as well as most other times of the year. Crowds are not as bad as peak holiday or summer seasons but not nearly as empty as we have been hearing they have been this September. It won't be as slow as early December (we have been there then in the past) but I know that time of the year isn't as slow as it used to be either.

You would still want a good schedule planned and make use of fastpass but if you do then you will not think it extremely crowded.

Going in October instead of December you will miss the Christmas decorations but you will get the fall decor and we always like F&W. Just stay away from Epcot on weekends and Friday nights if you don't want crowds.
In between - Too many times to count
Mr. Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #7
jsebsirois
DIS Veteran

We were there late October-early November last year so here's our experience :

Weather was confortable, a bit cold at night but since you've been in December, you're aware of that. We had some rain through out our 10 days there but nothing to complain about.

Crowds were higher than we thought it would be. We were there during the last week of the Food and Wine Festival (which is a must do at Disney World) and it sure brings local crowds. Lines were crazy for a single taste of Lasagna!!!

The good thing about getting there at that time of the year is that you get to experience both Halloween AND Christmas decorations. I would go back without an hesitation!

WDW : October/November 2013 (MNSSHP and MVMCP) March 2013, October 2011 (MNSSHP), November 2010 (MVMCP), October 2008, October 2006 (MNSSHP) and July 2005 DLR : October 2012 (MHP), July 2010 and September 2009
jsebsirois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #8
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

We thought the weather in early November was great. The thing that wasn't great? The Jersey Week crowd. It made the party on Nov. 11th last year like 4th of July crowds.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #9
lovemymac
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997
We thought the weather in early November was great. The thing that wasn't great? The Jersey Week crowd. It made the party on Nov. 11th last year like 4th of July crowds.
So when is a slow time to go? I know last year first week of dec was not bad at all except soaring 60 min wait all day and then the day we went to MK only to find they were taping for the Christmas parades. Lines were pretty bad that day. The other 2 days we did MK we walked in all but tea cups, Peter pan and Winnie the pooh.

We thought November would be quieter or October but seems like I'm wrong.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #10
Sweet Melissa
DIS Veteran

We go at that time every year. In my opinion, it's the best time to be at Disney World. Crowds are getting steadily heavier every year, but it's still manageable. I don't think Jersey Week makes that much of a difference, actually. We've been during that week and the ones surrounding it, and crowds are about the same, just a heavier proliferation of Northeast accents during Jersey Week. The weather is fantastic. Warm, but drier. And I'll deal with the increasing crowds as long as the Food & Wine Festival continues to be such a great draw.

♥ Melissa
Last Visit: November 2013 - Wedding/Honeymoon! Old Key West & Kidani
Next Visit: October 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
Sweet Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #11
mackenziefaith
Earning My Ears

We go every year in early October. We tend to go the week after Columbus day week so that we miss the Columbus day crowds. It's hands down one of the best times to go. Weather is beautiful, food and wine fest is great, and the crowds are low.
mackenziefaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #12
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemymac View Post
So when is a slow time to go? I know last year first week of dec was not bad at all except soaring 60 min wait all day and then the day we went to MK only to find they were taping for the Christmas parades. Lines were pretty bad that day. The other 2 days we did MK we walked in all but tea cups, Peter pan and Winnie the pooh.

Well, this year, I would go from Nov. 11-18th. The Jersey folks should be heading back home. We were at the party last year on that Sunday they were all leaving and it was perfect!!!!! We were there from Nov. 10th-15th and the days after the Jersey folks were gone were actually quite wonderful.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #13
SarahFarra
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemymac View Post

Just spoke with DBF (expert on these things ) who said first of all, follow whatever crowd calendars are on touringplans.com as they are VERY accurate and also your best bet will be the week before Halloween (Oct 21-27) as there will be less locals and it is far before Jersey week so you won't have to worry about that. We'll be going a couple weeks after that b/c of the way it worked out for us but if you can, the week mentioned above should be better crowd-wise.

However, if you think you'll miss all the Christmas activities, you could go just a little later as Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party starts Nov 9th! I was lucky enough to be given tickets to this by DBF today for my birthday!! I've never been so I'm SO excited!

Good luck and have fun with whatever you decide!

Engagement: 11.8.12
Wedding: 11.8.13
Marriage: Infinity and Beyond

www.markandsaraheverafter.com
www.chasingfairytales.com

PJ: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3035908
SarahFarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:12 PM   #14
GovieMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997 View Post
Well, this year, I would go from Nov. 11-18th. The Jersey folks should be heading back home.
That would also be my pick; that or the week after Thanksgiving.
GovieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #15
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997 View Post
Well, this year, I would go from Nov. 11-18th. The Jersey folks should be heading back home. We were at the party last year on that Sunday they were all leaving and it was perfect!!!!! We were there from Nov. 10th-15th and the days after the Jersey folks were gone were actually quite wonderful.
Us Jersey folks aren't all that bad to be around!!!

That week is not a bad time to go, but I hope people keep thinking that so they choose another week to go! Less people there for us!

Go during Christmas/Thanksgiving/Easter/4th of July and then tell me how bad the crowds are, because it is a complete zoo at those times! I honestly don't think there is a slow time at WDW anymore these days, with all of the promotions they throw out there now.. I just came back 2 weeks ago, and it was very crowded for September.. we were shocked to see how many people take their kids out of school so early in the year.

tinkerbella16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: