Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Any hope for free dining January 2013?

Just wondering if anyone has heard any rumors!!!!

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
weHEARTmickey
Dreamin' of Disney.......

I haven't heard any rumors but I wouldn't be surprised to see something come out next month. Fingers crossed!
Oct 6, 2012-Anniversary Cruise- 7 Nights on Magic with DH ..~.. Oct 27, 2012- 7 Nights on Disney Magic w/Kids & Granny
Dec 2012-8 days of Deluxe Dining at the Poly ..~.. Dec 2012- 6 Night Christmas surprise on Disney Magic
Jan 2013-1st trip to DISNEYLAND!! Disneyland Hotel ..~.. May 2013-8 days at Yacht Club/Grand Floridian/AKL/AoA!
Sept 2013-13 days Wilderness Club Level & AKL Club Level NOJ ..~.. Oct 2013 DCL HalloWONDER Cruise
June 2014: Last Minute Combo trip: Disney Dream + Coronado Springs Resort
UPCOMING Trips: WDW 2 weeks, Disneyland 1 week, AULANI 10 days
weHEARTmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
DisneyMommyNewbie
Earning My Ears

Tempted to book a Dec trip, only to change it to January for FD!!! Fingers crossed too
Pop January 2013..so EXCITED to go back so soon!!!!

DisneyMommyNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #4
TruBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMommyNewbie
Tempted to book a Dec trip, only to change it to January for FD!!! Fingers crossed too
:

That is probably what we'll do. We started out booked for November, switched to December, and will probably actually go in January... Or June... You never know!!!

Old 09-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
weHEARTmickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMommyNewbie View Post
You could definitely do that! We were actually booked in Sept, then got a 30% off code for Dec, so we did the switch-a-roo
Oct 6, 2012-Anniversary Cruise- 7 Nights on Magic with DH ..~.. Oct 27, 2012- 7 Nights on Disney Magic w/Kids & Granny
Dec 2012-8 days of Deluxe Dining at the Poly ..~.. Dec 2012- 6 Night Christmas surprise on Disney Magic
Jan 2013-1st trip to DISNEYLAND!! Disneyland Hotel ..~.. May 2013-8 days at Yacht Club/Grand Floridian/AKL/AoA!
Sept 2013-13 days Wilderness Club Level & AKL Club Level NOJ ..~.. Oct 2013 DCL HalloWONDER Cruise
Old 09-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #6
weHEARTmickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
:

That is probably what we'll do. We started out booked for November, switched to December, and will probably actually go in January... Or June... You never know!!!

I'd choose Dec or Jan over June any day! We are in TX & I have to deal with heat & humidity enough
Old 09-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #7
TruBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by weHEARTmickey

I'd choose Dec or Jan over June any day! We are in TX & I have to deal with heat & humidity enough
Yep, same here in NC... That's why I keep trying to work November... now December...
My kids keep doing stuff we can't miss...
And I keep moving MY - I mean OUR trip...

I'm thinking of just leaving them here!!!! Gotta teach one of them to cook & the other to drive! (DH's car )

Old 09-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #8
DisneyMommyNewbie
Earning My Ears

Awesome, I'm not the only one )) I'm so new to this....we went for our 1st trip in May....yeah a little bot ago...lol and I wanna go back sooo bad....due to conflicts next summer, and the fact that its pricey, and hot...along with a wedding in Colorado now...we can't go in May....so the surrounding months are out...so to go in the winter here, and its cheaper plus free dining....I'm getting all excited!!!! I'm probably gonna book Saturday, maybe tomorrow...and jst look out for more promos....FD is better than any other discount, or so I've heard....
Pop January 2013..so EXCITED to go back so soon!!!!

DisneyMommyNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #9
weHEARTmickey

Quote:
Yep, same here in NC... That's why I keep trying to work November... now December...
My kids keep doing stuff we can't miss...
And I keep moving MY - I mean OUR trip...

I'm thinking of just leaving them here!!!! Gotta teach one of them to cook & the other to drive! (DH's car )

We went in Nov 2010 (It was Thanksgiving time) and we nearly BURNT up! I designed long sleeved shirts for us to wear on turkey day & a few other days, and we nearly died. We are going Dec 4th this year & I'm PRAYING for cooler weather! It's my dream to wear a *jacket* at WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMommyNewbie View Post
Awesome, I'm not the only one )) I'm so new to this....we went for our 1st trip in May....yeah a little bot ago...lol and I wanna go back sooo bad....due to conflicts next summer, and the fact that its pricey, and hot...along with a wedding in Colorado now...we can't go in May....so the surrounding months are out...so to go in the winter here, and its cheaper plus free dining....I'm getting all excited!!!! I'm probably gonna book Saturday, maybe tomorrow...and jst look out for more promos....FD is better than any other discount, or so I've heard....
It's certainly addicting! We were hooked the first time my DD (then 6) and my DS (almost 3) went. During Wishes, Bailey looked up at me and said, "Momma, is this a dream? This is the BEST day of my life!" It's been my favorite place ever since.

Did you see my pm from the other thread? I saw where you wanted me to pm you about a trip, so I did Hope to talk to you soon!!!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #10
TruBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by weHEARTmickey

We went in Nov 2010 (It was Thanksgiving time) and we nearly BURNT up! I designed long sleeved shirts for us to wear on turkey day & a few other days, and we nearly died. We are going Dec 4th this year & I'm PRAYING for cooler weather! It's my dream to wear a *jacket* at WDW.
Don't wish too hard! We were there 12/10 during that crazy cold spell!!!!!! We wore winter coats, hats, scarfs, gloves... and nearly FROZE!!!!
I still remember DS13 and me being the only ones crazy enough to do EMH at MK one night when it was below freezing with a icy wind blowing.... That teenager and I snuggled up so tight waiting for the bus that we looked like one person!!!

But, we still rode Splash Mtn. with our coats zipped up!

Old 09-27-2012, 10:56 PM   #11
weHEARTmickey

Quote:
Don't wish too hard! We were there 12/10 during that crazy cold spell!!!!!! We wore winter coats, hats, scarfs, gloves... and nearly FROZE!!!!
I still remember DS13 and me being the only ones crazy enough to do EMH at MK one night when it was below freezing with a icy wind blowing.... That teenager and I snuggled up so tight waiting for the bus that we looked like one person!!!

But, we still rode Splash Mtn. with our coats zipped up!

Okay, let me rephrase that! I would like to wear a "LIGHT" jacket while we're there. I'd rather not freeze! (Of course, 50 degrees feels freezing to me!) And you're one of those crazy one's who'll ride SM no matter what. I think I'd have to pass.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #12
ronDisney
the Ron of RonnMel

Me and the family are hoping to go right after NYE. So while it would be amazing if free dining was offered, I doubt it's going to happen. The week of Jan 2 - 12 is when we want to go, and that's JUST before marathon weekend. If Free Dining comes in Jan. it would probably be afterwards. Oh well.

We don't mind the cold at all. Coming from Quebec, Canada i doubt very much that any cold spell in Florida, could be any colder than a cold spell here. We may even be walking around in shorts, while the locals bundle up. hahahaha. Jus kiddin. If we do go in Jan we'll have some emergency warm clothes, in order to deal with freak cold spells.
ronDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #13
likelove
Earning My Ears

So while it would be amazing if free dining was offered, I doubt it's going to happen. The week of Jan 2 - 12 is when we want to go, and that's JUST before marathon weekend.
likelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:43 AM   #14
lluulnw
Earning My Ears

If we do go in Jan we'll have some emergency warm clothes, in order to deal with freak cold spells.
lluulnw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: