Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
NurseAllen
Mouseketeer

Candlelight Processional

So, I just saw that Geena Davis is going to be at the Candlelight Processional the same time I am going to be there. Could someone clue me in on how to get seats for it? I've never done it before.
NurseAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
DOPEYLUVER
DIS Veteran

The Candlelight Processional is a non-ticket event. There are dinner/CP reservations that can be made. MANY people use this package. I have done it at San Angel (That doesn't sound right - Mexico) where we paid price fixed menu. I have also done Germany. The menu, being a buffet, is the same but there is an extra cost to the meal. Also, if you happen to have Tables in Wonderland it is not accepted for the CP package.

Assuming you do the dinner package, you are given a sticker/ticket. People get in line about an hour (maybe?) before the time of their ticket and wait for the "doors" to open. After ticket holders are admitted, the standby people are let in. I have been twice and both times all that did not have tickets got into the show.

We are going again this year. I travel with a friend. He doesn't think we should pay the extra for a dinner package. I do.

DOPEYLUVER is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 07:07 AM   #3
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

It all depends upon who the narrator is and how close to Christmas your dates fall as to whether the CP dining package is a necessity, in my opinion.

Two years ago the narrator was Whoopi Goldberg. We did the dining package and it was a good thing as well, there were throngs of people in the stand by line.

Niel Patrick Harris and Marlee Matlin also draw big crowds.

There are three pricing tiers for the dinner package depending on where you want to eat and how much you are looking to spend. The level of dining has nothing to do with where in the amphitheater you are seated, it is still general admission.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #4
ctl
Mouseketeer

Have to line up at least an hour before with tix!

We bought the dining package and still had to line up outside for a full hour before being allowed to enter. We thought we would be in plenty of time, but the line was enormously long. It was definitely beautiful, but I think I would not spend the money on the dining package unless you really want to experience the food. I do agree that depending how close to Christmas you are going, you may need the tickets that come with the dining package. We were there when it was Rita Moreno, and I have to say she was incredible. It does book up pretty quickly, so if you wait your choices will dwindle in terms of where you can eat.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:34 PM   #5
DisneyDork1969
ChicagoDisneyDork

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
It all depends upon who the narrator is and how close to Christmas your dates fall as to whether the CP dining package is a necessity, in my opinion.

Two years ago the narrator was Whoopi Goldberg. We did the dining package and it was a good thing as well, there were throngs of people in the stand by line.

Niel Patrick Harris and Marlee Matlin also draw big crowds.

There are three pricing tiers for the dinner package depending on where you want to eat and how much you are looking to spend. The level of dining has nothing to do with where in the amphitheater you are seated, it is still general admission.
That's why I booked lunch at Germany for Neil Patrick Harris on 11/29...I wanna make sure I have a seat for CP...!!!
DisneyDork1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:53 AM   #6
unfreshdiva1
DIS Veteran

Just back and saw show on 11/23 with Geena Davis - who was wonderful and looked fantastic! Sat in 3rd row so got a great view.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #7
trimmtrabb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We are going again this year. I travel with a friend. He doesn't think we should pay the extra for a dinner package. I do.
I'm with you -- go for the package if you really want to see CP. We went in early December in 2010 and 2011, and both times were scared off by the long stand-by lines. When we go in the future, I'm just going to avoid the stress and hassle and get the dinner package. It's a lot better to have a guaranteed seat then to end up craning your neck and jumping up and down in front of the American Adventure to catch a view!
trimmtrabb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: