Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 07:40 PM   #1
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Let the Food and Wine Adventures Begin-Sci Fi Diner and F&W

Hello my fellow Disney Foodies My name is Lori and I am addicted to Disney and it's food It seem like just yesterday I was back in WDW (May 2012) dining away with my DH. Due to his service to our country he will not be attending this years Food and Wine with me. He is super sad to not be going, so as a token of my love I took him to California for Labor Day Weekend to chill out in LA and tacked on a few days at Disneyland so we could see Carsland. For those of you who love Disney Food and have not been to DL you need to get yourself out there! Any how a coworker of mine Sue is going with me. Sue loves good food and like myself likes a good drink even better, and she will be my perfect partner in crime to usher in the Food and Wine Festival of 2012. She has not been to WDW since the 80s so boy is she in for a treat. We are staying at my old reliable favorite CSR for 5 nights beginning September 26. She leaves her 3 teenage girls behind with her husband so she is even more excited than me if you catch my drift

Since I am attending a few events at a Mini Cooper Convention at CSR (yes I Mini Cooper Convention, I love my car hahaha), we are staying a super cheap rate of 89 a night, therefore no dining plan this time. This is going to be tough for me as the dining plan has spoiled me for years now, but it really is a lot of food and by the end of the trip I want to die, so this should be fun to not have it. I have purchased a few gift cards for my dining.

So far these are the restaurants I have ADR's for:
Sanaa- I swear this time I am going to go!!
Yak and Yeti-Love this place and that seafood curry
Ohana-Haven't been in 1.5 years, I hear the Lapu Lapu and Bread Pudding calling my name!
Via Napoli-New one for me, please tell me it's good and worth the OOP
San Angel Inn-New one for me too, I like the ambiance, reminds me of Blue Bayou and being a Texan I will eat any and all types of Mexican food!

Still working and deciding on a couple of others, however with all the food and wine kiosks this may be it!

Last edited by vettegirl; 10-13-2012 at 11:01 AM.
vettegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
jabead
DIS Veteran

Joining in and I even got to be first!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #3
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

I am so buying this Food and Wine Duffy this year!!

My favorite at Yak and Yeti Seafood Curry! Had to share what I look forward to the most

Here is for putting names with faces, this is my friend Sue

Old 09-14-2012, 07:53 PM   #4
stasijane
Crazed one

A ladies only trip to the Food and Wine! sounds like fun!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
Smiling Cheshire Cat
DIS Veteran

How fun getting to take a friend to Disney! Hope you and she both have a great time!

Tell DH we appreciate his service to our country.

Rachel
AKL, ASMovies(2), ASMusic(2), ASSports, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Dolphin, French Quarter, Gaylord Palms, Grand Californian, Grand Floridian, Kidani Village, Polynesian, Pop Century(2), Riverside, Wilderness Lodge
Smiling Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:23 AM   #6
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Just added Boma for breakfast on our last day. This will be my first time trying their breakfast I have heard so much about. I made the ADR for 10:30 so it will be a brunch. We aren't going the parks that day so this should be a nice relaxing meal. I love the breakfast at Tusker House so I am sure Boma will be great too. I love their dinner so I am excited to return
Old 09-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #7
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Cheshire Cat View Post
How fun getting to take a friend to Disney! Hope you and she both have a great time!

Tell DH we appreciate his service to our country.
Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasijane View Post
A ladies only trip to the Food and Wine! sounds like fun!
I am excited! I have gone with my MIL before, so going with a friend is going to be even more fun!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:26 AM   #8
Alice BlueBonnet
Mouseketeer

Also joining! I'm looking forward to seeing some F&W reviews
Old 09-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #9
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Can't wait for your reviews! I hope you enjoy Boma breakfast - it's currently my favorite breakfast in WDW.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #10
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Can't wait for your reviews! I hope you enjoy Boma breakfast - it's currently my favorite breakfast in WDW.
I am sure I will, if it's like Tusker House but better than I will be in heaven!
Old 09-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #11
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Online Check in Done this morning, back on allears.net looking at menus while eating my yogurt for breakfast! I am glad I am not the only one who check and rechecks there Disney Dining Plans. What did people do before the internet
Old 09-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #12
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

I'm in!

I don't like to think about life Before Internet...it was very boring!

Jill in CO
Old 09-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #13
jabead
DIS Veteran

I managed to sneak in between your first two posts to join in but didn't have time then to comment on your dining plans. Now I'm back to say that they look great so far...I really like all of your choices, with maybe only one exception.

And "YAY!!!" for online check-in day...just 10 more days to go!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #14
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

I'm in on this F&W fun review!!!
happy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:58 AM   #15
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

So why is it when I don't have the dining plan all the good Swan/Dolphin restaurant coupons are no longer on www.restaurant.com I have always wanted to go to Shula's and Bluezoo and boy those coupons would be nice Oh Well!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: