Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #16
PAcpl
The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. -Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoMCO View Post
I'm guessing the cover charge went up? When I was there in June, cover was $10. Anyway, tons of fun, worth the cover charge. Bring some $1s for your song requests. Eat before you go because they only offer popcorn; no other food options.

We make it a point to go at least once every trip!
Yes, the cover and big red cup both went up a couple of bucks at the beginning of the year. We were there this past May and saw the new pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahFarra View Post
Does anyone know if Jellyrolls has a busy and slow season or days of the week? I'm thinking maybe so since this is true for the individual theme parks. For instance, during F&W does Jellyrolls feel a lag in business?
It is Disney, so you NEVER know what the crowds are going to be like from one night to the next. One of the best times we have ever had at Jellyrolls was on a Monday night. The bar was packed and the crowd was absolutely perfect!

September 2007 - Animal Kingdom Resort (First (adult) trip to Disney, HHN)
June 2008 - Boardwalk Villas (Our first trip home)
May 2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort (Flower and Garden Festival)
October 2009 - Beach Club Villas (MNSSHP, HHN, Food&Wine Festival)
May 2010 - Boardwalk Villas (Flower and Garden Festival)
December 2010 - Boardwalk Villas (First Disney Christmas)
December 2011 - Boardwalk Villas (Disney Christmas)
May 2012 - Boardwalk Villas (Flower and Garden Festival)
October 2012 - Boardwalk Villas (Food & Wine, HHN)
PAcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #17
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

I plan on doing this next trip since it was a request for a birthday celebration!

It does indeed get loud, but lots of fun. I do wish they had finger food options besides all the booze.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #18
PAcpl
The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. -Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
I plan on doing this next trip since it was a request for a birthday celebration!

If you really want to embarrass the guest of honor request sexy little tea cup for your friends birthday. That will do the trick!

It does indeed get loud, but lots of fun. I do wish they had finger food options besides all the booze.
You can always stop at ESPN Club or Big River and grab something to go. Jellyrolls will allow outside food in the bar if you want more then popcorn.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:13 AM   #19
PHLtoMCO
Disboards helps me cut back on Facebook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAcpl View Post
Yes, the cover and big red cup both went up a couple of bucks at the beginning of the year. We were there this past May and saw the new pricing.

It is Disney, so you NEVER know what the crowds are going to be like from one night to the next. One of the best times we have ever had at Jellyrolls was on a Monday night. The bar was packed and the crowd was absolutely perfect!
I just realized we were on the gues list and didn't pay cover in June when we were there so that must be why I didn't notice the change in cover price! On well, still very worth it in my opinion!
1989-Poly, 1990-Big Red Boat/Poly, 1992-Poly, 1993-BC, 1995-Poly, 1996-BC, 1997-Poly, 1999-Poly, 2001-BWI, 2003-Poly, 2005-Poly, 2006-Poly/Sports, 2007-BWV, 2008-POP, 2009-ASM, 2010-BWV, 2011-Poly, 2012-BCV/POP, 2012-Poly, 2013-POP, 2013-AKL, 2013-BLT, 2014-POP, 2014-Disneyland

runDisney races - ToT 13k, ToT 10 miler, EEC, PHM, Enchanted 10k, GSC, Coast2Coast, next up....Avengers Half Marathon!
PHLtoMCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #20
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

Quote:
You can always stop at ESPN Club or Big River and grab something to go. Jellyrolls will allow outside food in the bar if you want more then popcorn.
I didn't know you can bring food in! Thanks for the info!
Old 09-21-2012, 12:15 AM   #21
DFD
You know that feeling you get when you’re standing in a high place with a sudden urge to jump? I don’t have it.
I take it plain

Quote:
Cover is twelve bucks. Doors open at 7, players start at 8. After Illuminations it will most likely be standing room only.

If you make it to last call there will a Disney bus in front of the resort that will take you back to your resort.

Have fun!
OMD!!! I must have not been for awhile... last yr it was still $10 around F&W 2011 I think... how much is the big solo cup now????
Old 09-21-2012, 12:17 AM   #22
DFD
You know that feeling you get when you’re standing in a high place with a sudden urge to jump? I don’t have it.
I take it plain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
I didn't know you can bring food in! Thanks for the info!
if u try this on your upcoming trip would like to hear how it went.... 2 yrs back there were a group of kids who brought chicken nuggets and stuff dont know from where and they let them finish the nuggets but the bag of chips was ask to be put away
Old 09-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #23
JustBusiness
Earning My Ears

What is the big red solo cup? Never been to Jellyrolls, but will be going there in November.

JustBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #24
leuchtend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveokw View Post
Any tips for Jellyrolls? Going for the first time. Can you use your room charge?
of course can
Old 09-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #25
Laurabearz
I cant load my bobbin!
three kids keep me hopping
I was Grunge before Grunge was Grunge

Hot for Danny DeVito!

Location: 4.53 miles from PatrickIL' s house (would rather live by Universal to see if the Mummy ride will be open before May 21st!)

Huge fan of Jellyrolls! Can't wait to go in January!
1/02 OKW 4/02 Offsite 5/02 BC/Poly 8/02 The Plaza NYC 9/02 BWV/RPR 10/02 HHI GV 12/02 OKW 9/03 VWL 11/03 BWV2/04 OKW/VB5/04 BWV/HRH6/04 HHI 10/04 BCV1/05 OKW 6/05 HHI 9/05 CR/Wonder 12/05 HRH/BWV 5/06 DLR 6/06 BWV 7/06 HHI 10/06 BWV/HRH 11/06OKW/RPR4/07 SSR 7/07 HHI 10/07 OKW/Magic/VWL 12/07 OKW 6/08 DLH 8/08 OKW/HRH10/08 BWV/RPR11/08 OKW/POP2/09 YC/RPR3/09 SSR 6/09 HHI 8/09 RPR/AKVJ/BWV/ASMo10/09 RPR2/10 FWCabins 4/10 BWV08/10 RPR/OKW10/10 BWV1/11 SSR 1/11BCV6/11 RPR/BCV11/11 BCV/AKJSAV 1/12 AKJSAV
On the Horizon HHI 6/12

Universal Orlando is Disney's Best Kept Secret!
Laurabearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:46 AM   #26
Stacy's a freak
wrangles snakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Obsessed View Post
If you don't want to pay for the same experience, go to POR for the same show. :P
I disagree with this post. I LOVE Yehaa Bob at POR and suggest everyone check him out too. But these are two very different experiences. Yes, they both have guys playing the piano and singing and getting the crowd involved. But that is where the similarities end. Bob Jackson at POR is family friendly singalong entertainment that is more on the silly side. He is a very talented pianist but his show is more geared to silliness.

Jellyrolls has two piano players at a time who play against, and with, each other. While they play to their audience and get the audience involved, it is more of an adult-type concert show. And with that they are able to showcase their talent a bit more with good harmonies, good piano work, etc. If you're a music person, this one will likely appeal to you more. For instance, I once requested "the Ballad of Billy the Kid" (Billy Joel) which is an intricate song with an orchestra playing against a single piano (like a musical duel) and these guys played the CRAP out of it!

BUT! I strongly encourage people going to see BOTH Bob and Jellyrolls. Both are equally good - just different.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #27
Seany
Earning My Ears

Sorry if I am being a fool ... $12 cover ... is that an entrance fee? I've never heard of covers other than when I worked in a restaurant, a cover was a place at a table. Is it the same?

What's "the big red cup" about? Is that a souvenir?

It's our 1st wedding anniversary the day after we arrive, I was too slow to book a meal at Cinderella's Castle but have read only good things about Jellyrolls, so we're hoping to grab an early dinner from a Boardwalk restaurant and head over there for the entertainment.

Seany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #28
PAcpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seany View Post
Sorry if I am being a fool ... $12 cover ... is that an entrance fee? I've never heard of covers other than when I worked in a restaurant, a cover was a place at a table. Is it the same?

What's "the big red cup" about? Is that a souvenir?

It's our 1st wedding anniversary the day after we arrive, I was too slow to book a meal at Cinderella's Castle but have read only good things about Jellyrolls, so we're hoping to grab an early dinner from a Boardwalk restaurant and head over there for the entertainment.
Not a fool at all. Better to be safe and ask then be sorry.

It costs $12 to get into the bar. The big red cup special is a large 32oz red solo cup with the special drink of the night (usually something fruity (sex on the beach, lynchberg lemonade, etc). It is a little cheaper for such a large amount of alcohol, but it is all bottom shelf stuff. If you care about taste then you will want to avoid the big red cup. But that's just my opinion, it is nice to have a less expensive option, just not for me. But the Big Red Cup is VERY popular!

Old 09-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #29
iluveeyore
DVC Member - Disney is my second home!

We love Jellyrolls! I have been 3 times (twice with hubby and once with my BFF) and can't wait to take my DSIS and her hubby with DH and I in January. The $12 cover is more than worth it, the guys are awesome and it's very entertaining and fun. As for drinks, yes they're expensive to us, but we aren't there to drink a lot, so generally just stretch a beer as long as we can. We like to get there by 8 when the guys start, usually quiet and we get some good requests in by just shouting them out. By nine it starts to fill in, and we have fun making requests and 'chair dancing'. We have always been able to get on the DTD after midnight and get a ride directly to our onsite resort
Old 09-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #30
Seany
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Not a fool at all. Better to be safe and ask then be sorry.

It costs $12 to get into the bar. The big red cup special is a large 32oz red solo cup with the special drink of the night (usually something fruity (sex on the beach, lynchberg lemonade, etc). It is a little cheaper for such a large amount of alcohol, but it is all bottom shelf stuff. If you care about taste then you will want to avoid the big red cup. But that's just my opinion, it is nice to have a less expensive option, just not for me. But the Big Red Cup is VERY popular!
Thanks PACpl, appreciate the heads-up

Seany is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: