Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #31
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Well, you would think that with only 36 more days until our NYC trip, I would have done a lot more research and have our trip organized to a T! Itís really my Momís trip and I want to let her take the lead! Since we are flying in on Wednesday, doing the Thanksgiving parade and dinner on Thursday, and flying out Saturday, that would only give us Friday to really do anything. I think we will just be hanging around the hotel on Wednesday evening. I would love to catch a Broadway show (Rock of Ages) but we are trying to save money and I can always watch the video, although I know it wonít be the same. Iíve only ever been to one Broadway show in my entire life and thatís when I was in Junior High during a trip with my dance troop.

This is information on a Sightseeing Tour I would like to go on:
Gray Line Night Tour
Prices- Adults: $44.00 Children (Ages 5-11): $34.00
Tickets for this tour can be purchased below and picked up at the Piccolo Gift Shop location selected below -----
Experience the magic of New York City from the open top of a Double-decker bus or a luxurious coach. Hop-on and Hop-off at all your favorite attractions uptown or downtown, day or night in the city that never sleeps. Let our expert tour guide reveal exciting and little-known facts about our amazing city. See it all on the "All Loop Tour." The tour includes spectacular views from the Empire State Building, plus your ferry ticket and visit to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Choose from 50 Hop-On, Hop-Off stops along the way. When the sun goes down, you`ll be dazzled by the magic of New York at night, from Times Square to the Brooklyn Bridge. Shorter one-day and two-day tours are also available. You can also take a one-day trip to Atlantic City, Niagara Falls, Washington DC or Woodberry Commons-a discount factory outlet, featuring 220 stores. Special Gospel tours of Harlem are available on Wednesdays and Sundays. Explore this legendary neighborhood, and visit one of Harlem's church services noted for it's gospel music. Your tour takes you through a rich and diverse Harlem-from grand row houses of Striver`s Row, to the cobblestone streets of Sylvan Terrace; also viewing the Apollo Theater along the way. Private tours and multi-language tours are available.

Night Tour

Frequent departures: 5:30pm
Frequent departures from Gray Line Visitors Center @ 777 8th Avenue (between 47th & 48th Streets) AND Time Square (Broadway & 47th Street); Valid for 24 hours

See New York when it sparkles - the Empire State Building, Greenwich Village, SoHo, Chinatown, the Lower East Side, Rockefeller Center, Manhattan Bridge, Brooklyn and more. Not hop-on, hop-off.
Tour Length: Approximately 2+ Hours

Departure Times: 5:30 pm (time subject to change due to season)

Days of Week: Daily

It sounds pretty cool, huh? Weíll see. I would kind of like to see the sights during the day as well. Iíll have to see if there are any other options for a 2 or 3 hours daytime tour.

That Friday will also be ďBLACK FRIDAYĒ --- the busiest shopping day of the year. I believe to me it will already be crowded so a day where itís especially going to be crowded? I donít know if this country girl can handle that! My Mom also wants to go for a horse and carriage ride in Central Park. That will be nice, provided itís not pouring out! I hope the weather is nice.

The hotel itself does have dining options:
Dining
The Premier Choice Among Restaurants near Central ParkÖ
Enjoy award winning Mediterranean cuisine at the beautifully renovated Molyvos. From noon each day traditional Greek dishes and grilled fish specialties are served. The new menu also offers lighter fare. In addition, Molyvos now offers Greek brunch from 11am until 3pm each Saturday and Sunday. Monday through Friday lunch is served from 12noon to 230pm. Dinner begins daily at 530pm. Molyvos is located on the lobby level.
For casual dining, the Park Cafť serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and after theatre snacks from 6am to 1am. PLEASE NOTE: until further notice while the Park Cafe is being renovated the temporary hours of operation will be 6am to 11pm.
Room Service is available from 6am until midnight every day. PLEASE NOTE: Temporary Room Service hours are 6am to 11pm.

Oh, I think I forgot to mention we are also going to Radio City Music Hall for the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular. Yep, thatís another one of my Motherís dreams. I think that will be a beautiful show! So, here I am thinking out loud that since this show is Friday evening, we definitely wonít be doing a Broadway show and the sightseeing tour will definitely have to be a day one on Friday. See? I just worked all that out, didnít I? Thanks for listening to the ramblingsÖ..Erin is right ---- it does help to write it all down and figure it out on paper! Thanks Erin!

Iíve looked online for photos of the Wellington, but there wasnít much, so Iím posting what I have found for youÖ..

Victoriasmom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #32
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breagh View Post
Following along! I love the bag you made! It's fantastic Can't wait to read some more updates from you!
Hi and thanks for joing me on this journey. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
Subbing.....
Awesome!!! Love having you along for the ride....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #33
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

Oh. My. Gosh! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous that you are going to see the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall!!!!! I have dreamed of doing that! I used to want to be a Rockette! <<<That was the closest I could get to a high-kick smiley Oh no! My rambling is contagious! It does help to get it out of your head and see it in front of you That hotel looks gorgeous! It looks like it is in a great location, too. It sounds like you have some wonderful plans. I canít believe that you are going to see the Macyís Thanksgiving Day Parade! That will be so cool! I hope the weather holds up for you. Have you thought of seeing Santa at Macyís? I heard that they have really good Santas there. Friday will definitely be a madhouse, but maybe Wednesday? Whatever you all do, Iím sure youíll have a fantastic time!
Tink-erin-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #34
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Real life updatesÖÖ

Morning all. Thereís been lots happening in our lives since Iíve last posted. Back on the 18th Victoria, my mother and I went to the Pediatric Endocrinologist who confirmed that Victoria does indeed have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Although I was expecting this result, I was still not prepared for it. They took blood and depending on the hormone levels we will have an action plan. The results should be back this week. In the meantime Victoria needs to start living by the 5-2-2-1-0 healthy living concept. The major changes weíve made is drinking V8 Fusion to get her fruits and veggies in to her and to also take Calcitrate to give her body extra calcium. She will basically be given medication that will enduce a period. We just arenít sure what medication it will be yet.

It was also recommended that Victoria enter counseling. Ugh. I think it will be good for her, but I just feel like a failure that I canít help her with her needs. She basically admitted that she is thinking of self-harming. Really? Again, this is just sending me into my own depression. What am I doing so wrong that she would feel this way? I was even told to lock up my medication so she couldnít get her hands on it. I just am at a loss. This is surreal to me. Maybe once Victoriaís hormone levels get back to normal, these self-harming thoughts will go away. I just never thought we would be going through this. But, weíve got to soldier on, right? Not much else we can doÖ

Our NYC trip is coming right up! 24 more days. That doesnít seem real, either. My mother has no idea that Victoria wants to self-harm so itís going to be a bit stressful to try to keep this from her. I just donít want her to worry about us. Hopefully we will be having so much fun and be so busy that it wonít come up at all. I hope itís a good trip. I really donít have much interest in going somewhere other than Disney, but Iím sure Iíll have fun. There is a Disney Store close to our hotel so you can bet I will be going there at one point. Iím debating on whether to make Housekeeping envelopes for this trip. Itís just not the same as Mousekeeping envelopes. I am just hoping to get more excited as the trip gets closer.

Speaking of trips, I really, really, really want to stay on Disney property for our trip in March. Peter is all concerned about Victoria and Kali being on their own at the Caribe Royale during the convention as they are not ďcity girlsĒ and what if something happens. Iím thinking, geez, something could happen when they walk the dog around here, so whatís the difference? As far as the taxi thing goes, we could rent a car for 2 days for less money than having a taxi. That would give us even more choices for activities during the convention. That way Peter wouldnít have to worry about the girls taking a taxi with a stranger. The benefits of staying on Disney property is well, for one, itís Disney! Another one is the refillable mugs! Now we are heavy Diet Coke drinkers so I can just imagine how much money we will be spending on soda if we have to continuously purchase from the vending machine. Also, we would save money by using Magical Express! Round trip transfers from Caribe Royale to MCO are like $120! Itís the whole safety thing for Peter. Itís my child and you would think I would be more concerned with her than he is. I just donít think there is anything to worry about. She will be 15 years old, she has a cell phone, and she will be with a buddy. I call that pretty safe. She knows there are bad people in the world and she knows how to be safe. Since the prices are just about even between the two hotels I think my only hope would be for Disney to offer a pin code to me for a RO discount for those dates. My plan would be to stay at the All Star Sports. I like the fact that the non-preferred buildings (The Touchdown section) is extremely close to the food court and Surfís Up pool. Gotta be close to the drink station to take advantage of the mugs, you know! Disney is just home! Itís just where I want to be, but I have to make a really good argument for it. Oh, did I mention I now have enough Restaurant.com coupons for $300 worth of meals by using my MyCokeRewards points? Yep, Iíve been busy entering all those codes in! You can also use the codes for getting a discount on the Hertz rental cars, so Iíll keep on typing them in. So, everyone, please pray for Pixie Dust for me to get a pin code for a RO discount!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #35
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Ann, I'm so sorry you are having to worry so much about Victoria. She'll make it through this stuff, just do what you can to give her lots of love and understanding and you guys will make it through.

I think you'll have a great time in NY! I want you to take lots of pics! As for the March trip, you know what I'm going to say...ONSITE ONSITE ONSITE!!!! Absolutely! You'll save money with the mugs, you'll have some Disney magic, and I'm sure it will be fine with Victoria! She'll have a friend with her and her phone, I totally think it's fine. I took cabs ALL THE TIME when I was younger, I think she'll do great!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:34 AM   #36
Breagh
Earning My Ears

So sorry to hear about all the troubles in your life right now. I can't imagine what it feels like to see your daughter go through all of that, as I'm not a mother myself. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for you feeling like you can't help her with her needs, but don't think it's because you've done anything wrong. I used to self harm and it had nothing to do with anything my mom had done, or done wrong. I knew my mom loved me, cared about me, supported me and all of that. It may be something that she's going through that's causing these thoughts. Just try to stay strong for her and remind her that she can talk to you about anything.

Have an awesome trip in NY, and I'm rooting for you to be able to convince Peter to stay on property at Disney in March! I'm sure you can convince him
Old 10-30-2012, 08:38 AM   #37
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

Oh, Ann, I'm sorry to hear about what's going on with Victoria I don't think a mom could ever be prepared to hear a serious diagnosis, but at least you all have a very good plan in place I'm so very sorry that Victoria admitted to thinking about self-harming, but thank goodness she was open about it! Please don't put the blame for her feelings all on yourself! It's so hard not to, but try. I know because I did the same thing with Coy. I just knew that I was at least partially at fault for his anxiety issues. I felt that if I had just done something different, he wouldn't have these problems. I couldn't let that go until his psychiatrist told me that it wasn't anything I did that caused him to feel how he did. Medication didn't work for Coy, but therapy definitely helped. It's a process and I'm sure Victoria will be much better once she can start to talk all of this out. Which brings me to another point: I also felt like a failure when I realized Coy needed counseling. I thought, "Why can't he just talk to me?" but I soon saw that his counselor had a very different way to get through to him. She was able to give him tools to help him cope. He still has a way to go, but there has been some change. I truly hope things work out well for Victoria in counseling.

I'm so excited for your NYC trip I hope you, Victoria and your mom have a great time!

I hope you can convince Peter to stay onsite in March! I think you gave a pretty compelling argument right there! Just have him read that post! Staying at All Star Sports makes perfect sense to me. But I'm a Disney addict. I'm biased :
Old 11-01-2012, 06:45 AM   #38
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Hi all!!! I just wanted to share some Halloween pictures from last night. Yep, at 14 my lovely child and her friend Kali wanted to go trick or treating. Hey, whatever! So, Victoria went as Mother Nature and Kali was Spiderman. They only stayed out for about an hour, but thankfully it was so warm and nice out. It was just a perfect night for candy!!!

We really did have a really fun night!

Last edited by Victoriasmom98; 11-09-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #39
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Yay! I'm so glad you had a fun Halloween! I kept telling people last night (as some of the kids in our group are getting older too) that you are NEVER too old to trick-or-treat! Seriously...candy is for everyone, there should be no limit on dressing up and having candy, that's what I say!!
Old 11-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #40
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

Aww! Victoria looks so cute as Mother Nature! Iím glad that she and her friends donít think they are too old for trick or treating yet. I was happy that Coy went out last night. There were quite a few kids out there who were older than him, so I am hoping the kids will keep trick or treating for a while. How else will I get my bite sized candy fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Yay! I'm so glad you had a fun Halloween! I kept telling people last night (as some of the kids in our group are getting older too) that you are NEVER too old to trick-or-treat! Seriously...candy is for everyone, there should be no limit on dressing up and having candy, that's what I say!!
Sorry, Karen, I have to disagree with you there! Last night, we saw a grown man (facial hair and everything) dressed up as Spiderman and carrying a little plastic pumpkin! At first, I thought he was the dad with a group of kids that were there, but no! He was alone! It was either very creepy or very smart! He could have had the decency to wear his mask so that people wouldnít know how old he was Iíll have to admit, though, that I have considered dressing up and wearing a mask so that I could get candy too but he actually did it!
Old 11-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #41
JDailey
Mouseketeer

I am so sorry you are having to go through so much with Victoria. I will keep you guys in my prayers!

Yay for the trip to New York!! I have only been to N.Y. one time, I marched in the Macy's Day Parade in 1995 and have been trying to get back since.

Also, I would for sure stay on property in March you need a little Disney magic!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:26 AM   #42
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Hi all my peeps!!! Yep, I looked on my countdown on my phone and we have 283 more days until our August Adventure. I just can't wait to see the look on my family's faces when we end up at POR instead of CBR! So far, so good as for keeping that a secret!

Fortunately, since Victoria wants to go to Playlist Live in Orlando in March, I get at least a little taste of Disney, even though it won't be the parks themselves. And she knows Christmas presents will be very few since we are going down. Iím still determined to get as much Disney as I can in March! I am planning on going to the Poly for Wishes on the beach and the Electric Water Pageant. We've never seen that, so that will be cool. Now it's a matter of figuring out the logistics of how to take the the bus from Caribe Royale to the Disney property and then just jump on Disney busses! (if we really do end up staying there...ugh! Iím working my plans to stay at the All Star Sports. If Disney would only offer a room discount for those days and then I also found out that if you use code OCTOBERUS10 at Hotels.com you can get an additional 10% off. So that would be Disneyís room-only discount of 15% or 20% --- what they usually offer for values plus the Hotels.com 10% discount on top of that. That would definitely seal the deal for us staying on property, so címon Disney!!) Good thing I've done this a time or two so I kinda know what I am doing. Of course we'll be doing Downtown Disney!! I'm so excited, but again the flights are just increasing! I did find what I think is a good price -- $386 per person round trip. It's the best I can find right now. I'm hoping either AirTran or Southwest will have a sale, but usually Portland, Maine is not one of the hubs that's on sale. And SW still only flies out of Manchester, NH until late April. I'm seriously thinking of using our points to get one round trip flight down, but then I was hoping to save the points for our August trip. Am I boring you guys? I'm sorry. Guess I just felt like sharing!

Lookie here folks:

So the above was last nightís post that I failed to post. I do have some great news, though. I was able to book the airline tickets on CheapAir.com for the $386 per person rate. The good thing is that by going through them, if the price drops, they will give you a credit for the difference. I checked today and the prices went up $10, so I feel pretty good about this. We are flying out of Portland instead of driving to Manchester, which will be so much better! We are flying AirTran which Iíve flown before. We wonít have any checked luggage for this quick weekend trip, so no baggage fees for us! You know what really decided Peter to purchase the tickets now instead of waiting until after tax season? Well, he received those blank checks that banks sometimes other banks send you from his hardly-ever-used bank account. I think they are called convenience checks. Well, the offer was no interest until 2014. I made sure to have him read it correctly just to make sure and yep, those are the terms. So, we decided that we would put the tickets on the SW Visa card (to get the mileage points with Southwest) and then pay it off immediately using one of those checks. Therefore, we get the advantage of the zero interest while earning the mileage. Yay for us! I am sooo excited!! As you all know my family really needs some happy news to celebrate!

On that note, Victoria is doing ok. Sheís on Day 8 of her meds, but there hasnít been any signs that she will start her period. Thatís kind of discouraging. I was hoping by now she would have started. If she doesnít start by the time sheís done her pills, then I have to call the doctor and we go to Plan B. Iím not handling this very well at all. I wish I could be a stronger person for her and Peter, but this one has just knocked me onto my butt! Itís triggering my depression, but so far Iím holding it together by this itty bitty little piece of thread. I know this is how life is, one thing after another, but I just need a little break. Little things I would normally handle just fine are getting to me. For example, my dog had an allergic reaction to a spider bite and had to go to the vet and be put on meds. Well the meds made her a lot more thirsty and therefore, she has to pee a lot. Well, she canít always make it to the door and so she peed on the couch twice. Normally, I would be able to deal with it and just clean what I needed to and move on. Nope, I broke down like a freaking baby! Over a couch! Itís not like we wouldnít have a replacement one in Peterís old house, but no, I had to make a huge production out of it all! We are also switching offices at work and I am freaking out over whom I will be placed besides (thereís been a lot of pettiness lately) and if I will get a window seat. Since Iíve started working here Iíve always sat by the window. The thought of not sitting by the window had me so upset that I had my doctor write a note stating that due to my depression, I must be seated by the window. Now, I know this sounds so trivial and normally I would agree, but Iím just not in a good place to handle things right now. It will get better as ďthis too, shall passĒ, but ugh itís so frustrating knowing Iím overreacting and thereís nothing I can do to control it right now.

Ok, thatís enough about that!! Our trip to NYC is in 12 more days. Iím getting really excited now! I think Iím more excited about flying and just being away from Maine than I am anything else. Iím sure itís going to be a wonderful trip! My Mom asked me if I needed money for film ---- um, no, Mom! My camera doesnít need film, dear. Sheís too funny sometimes. She then asked me how I get the pictures. I explained that I will handle it and that she shouldnít worry. I just used Snapfish, Shutterfly, etc. Iím not packed yet. Well, I canít say thatÖ..My carryon that is always packed and ready with toiletries and such is packed. I figure I will wear my outfit for Wednesday, so I will need to pack an outfit for Thurs, Fri, and Saturday. That wonít take up much room. Iím wearing sneakers and not bringing any other shoes, so I donít have to worry about room for those. My Mom is so excited as this has been her dream since she was little. Weíll see! I hope she has a wonderful, magical time as this is HER trip to enjoy! My friend Jane is once again going to dog-sit Cutie and Cutie will love to be with her two shepherds again! I think Heidi will be coming over to tend to the menagerie in the house. Sheís afraid of birds, so I donít know how sheíll do with the chickens. They usually run to the corner when you open their door so maybe sheíll be just fine. Iíll have to ask her again to make sure.

The rabbits and chickens are all winterized now since they will be spending the winter outside. Of course you all know Peter made a super insulated coop for the chickens with a heat lamp and for the rabbits he put insulating wrap around their cage. I swear it looks like aluminum foil and Iím just wondering that when the heat lamp is on it will cook them like a big turkey. I know it wonít but thatís whatís running in my mind. Too funny! I knowÖ.Iím just not right in the head, huh? We just had that mini noríeaster blow through. We maybe got 2 inches of snow which was washed away by the rain which followed. Today itís all gone. Thank goodness. I mean, I live in Maine, I know the snow is coming, but I donít have to like it. Today itís in the high 40ís and sunny. Now if it could stay like this all winter I would be happy, but I know that will not happen. Oh well.

Itís a long weekend this weekend and I just cannot wait until 5pm!!!! My buddies are getting together on Monday for a day of scrapbooking! Yay! Would you guys believe Iím almost done my Disney 2012 scrapbook?! You should see how darned thick that thing is. Iím probably going to have to separate it into two or maybe even three books! Unbelievable! I hope everyone is having a wonderful week and Iím still waiting on the trip report Miss Karen!!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #43
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

12 days!!! YAY!

Well, you are going to be waiting a little b/c I am up to my ears in photos! I took too many! I'm sure you are shocked!

If I can get at least an update or two edited and ready, I'll start it tomorrow, if not, it may be Sunday! The price I pay when I take 1500 pictures in 3 days.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:12 AM   #44
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

I like your Disney plans for your trip in March! I really hope you get a PIN! You figured out a good deal for those plane tickets I hope the medication helps Victoria. I totally understand the window seat thing. I prefer a window because there's more light, I can look outside if I need a break, and there's more privacy! I hope you do get a window AND you sit next to someone nice Your mom is too cute about the film! I hope you all have a great trip to NY.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #45
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

I've been so bad at responding to you all. I'm sorry. You all mean the world to me, so don't feel like I don't care about your comments, because I really, really do......so, here we go.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
Oh. My. Gosh! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous that you are going to see the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall!!!!! I have dreamed of doing that! I used to want to be a Rockette! <<<That was the closest I could get to a high-kick smiley Oh no! My rambling is contagious! It does help to get it out of your head and see it in front of you That hotel looks gorgeous! It looks like it is in a great location, too. It sounds like you have some wonderful plans. I canít believe that you are going to see the Macyís Thanksgiving Day Parade! That will be so cool! I hope the weather holds up for you. Have you thought of seeing Santa at Macyís? I heard that they have really good Santas there. Friday will definitely be a madhouse, but maybe Wednesday? Whatever you all do, Iím sure youíll have a fantastic time!
Wow, I think we all wanted to be a Rockette when we were little and your attempt at a high kick smiley was great! No, I didn't think of going to see Santa at Macy's. I don't know if anyone would want to do that. We'll see. Do you think he will already be there on Wednesday? I'm thinking probably not.

Quote:
Ann, I'm so sorry you are having to worry so much about Victoria. She'll make it through this stuff, just do what you can to give her lots of love and understanding and you guys will make it through.

I think you'll have a great time in NY! I want you to take lots of pics! As for the March trip, you know what I'm going to say...ONSITE ONSITE ONSITE!!!! Absolutely! You'll save money with the mugs, you'll have some Disney magic, and I'm sure it will be fine with Victoria! She'll have a friend with her and her phone, I totally think it's fine. I took cabs ALL THE TIME when I was younger, I think she'll do great!
I'm leaning more and more to onsite (yeah, like I ever wasn't leaning that way, huh? We are hanging in there with Victoria. I'm just discouraged that the medicine hasn't worked yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breagh View Post
So sorry to hear about all the troubles in your life right now. I can't imagine what it feels like to see your daughter go through all of that, as I'm not a mother myself. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for you feeling like you can't help her with her needs, but don't think it's because you've done anything wrong. I used to self harm and it had nothing to do with anything my mom had done, or done wrong. I knew my mom loved me, cared about me, supported me and all of that. It may be something that she's going through that's causing these thoughts. Just try to stay strong for her and remind her that she can talk to you about anything.

Have an awesome trip in NY, and I'm rooting for you to be able to convince Peter to stay on property at Disney in March! I'm sure you can convince him
Thank you so much for your kind thoughts. I know in my head that it's not my fault and there's nothing I could have done differently, but my heart still hurts for her. It's nice to hear from someone who's come through it herself. Thank you for sharing that with me.

Quote:
Oh, Ann, I'm sorry to hear about what's going on with Victoria I don't think a mom could ever be prepared to hear a serious diagnosis, but at least you all have a very good plan in place I'm so very sorry that Victoria admitted to thinking about self-harming, but thank goodness she was open about it! Please don't put the blame for her feelings all on yourself! It's so hard not to, but try. I know because I did the same thing with Coy. I just knew that I was at least partially at fault for his anxiety issues. I felt that if I had just done something different, he wouldn't have these problems. I couldn't let that go until his psychiatrist told me that it wasn't anything I did that caused him to feel how he did. Medication didn't work for Coy, but therapy definitely helped. It's a process and I'm sure Victoria will be much better once she can start to talk all of this out. Which brings me to another point: I also felt like a failure when I realized Coy needed counseling. I thought, "Why can't he just talk to me?" but I soon saw that his counselor had a very different way to get through to him. She was able to give him tools to help him cope. He still has a way to go, but there has been some change. I truly hope things work out well for Victoria in counseling.

I'm so excited for your NYC trip I hope you, Victoria and your mom have a great time!

I hope you can convince Peter to stay onsite in March! I think you gave a pretty compelling argument right there! Just have him read that post! Staying at All Star Sports makes perfect sense to me. But I'm a Disney addict. I'm biased
Thanks Erin. It's been rough and most days I'm in that funky darkness, but there have been some bright moments, so I keep remembering how those feel and soldier on. Today is a pretty good day and tonight Victoria will be going over to Kali's house for a sleepover, so it will give Peter and I some alone time to decompress. Victoria still hasn't started therapy yet as they are waiting for an opening with the therapist who deals with these types of issues. Hopefully it will be soon, but she's really only had one bad day in the last two weeks, so it's been ok. It's comforting that you are able to share your struggles with Coy with me. It makes me feel like you understand and care about us. It's a nice feeling. Yeah, I'm sure we'll have fun in NYC. I just can't believe how close it is now. I still wish it was Disney!

Quote:
Yep, I was definitely surprised that she wanted to go. She even wanted me to pick her up a costume for next year. Okay by me. Let's face it, at not even 5 feet tall no one would ever know she's not a little kid anymore! So, I did the old Halloween clearence and got her this ghoul type thing for next year.

Quote:
Aww! Victoria looks so cute as Mother Nature! Iím glad that she and her friends donít think they are too old for trick or treating yet. I was happy that Coy went out last night. There were quite a few kids out there who were older than him, so I am hoping the kids will keep trick or treating for a while. How else will I get my bite sized candy fix?

Sorry, Karen, I have to disagree with you there! Last night, we saw a grown man (facial hair and everything) dressed up as Spiderman and carrying a little plastic pumpkin! At first, I thought he was the dad with a group of kids that were there, but no! He was alone! It was either very creepy or very smart! He could have had the decency to wear his mask so that people wouldnít know how old he was Iíll have to admit, though, that I have considered dressing up and wearing a mask so that I could get candy too but he actually did it!
Yeah, that old guy sounds a bit too creepy for me, but yeah, he should of at least worn a mask to cover the facial hair. Ick! I think once you hit 18, you really should give it up. After all, you can always go to Wal-Mart the day after and pick up candy for half price if you are that desperate for candy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDailey View Post
I am so sorry you are having to go through so much with Victoria. I will keep you guys in my prayers!

Yay for the trip to New York!! I have only been to N.Y. one time, I marched in the Macy's Day Parade in 1995 and have been trying to get back since.

Also, I would for sure stay on property in March you need a little Disney magic!
Thank you for your prayers. That means a lot. Wow...you actually marched in the parade! How cool is that!! I will definitely take lots of pictures and post them. And I DEFINITELY AGREE ----- I AM DUE FOR SOME DISNEY MAGIC!!!

Quote:
12 days!!! YAY!

Well, you are going to be waiting a little b/c I am up to my ears in photos! I took too many! I'm sure you are shocked!

If I can get at least an update or two edited and ready, I'll start it tomorrow, if not, it may be Sunday! The price I pay when I take 1500 pictures in 3 days.
Hee, hee....you already started the TR and I was first. There's some Disney magic right there!

Quote:
I like your Disney plans for your trip in March! I really hope you get a PIN! You figured out a good deal for those plane tickets I hope the medication helps Victoria. I totally understand the window seat thing. I prefer a window because there's more light, I can look outside if I need a break, and there's more privacy! I hope you do get a window AND you sit next to someone nice Your mom is too cute about the film! I hope you all have a great trip to NY.
Hey buddy!!! Thank for for the wishes for a pin. Hey at this point whatever happens, happens right? There's not too much more that can be thrown at us. Yep, I will definitely be stocking up on that film, eh??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: