Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 09:31 PM   #211
beachmama3
Mouseketeer

Hi Ann-- I read your TR last year and just read through your PTR tonight!! I really enjoyed it. My oldest son is younger than your daughter, but I think he would have LOVED Playlist. I will have to show him the pics, he may know some of those youtubers!

We will be staying at POR the same dates that you are there! Will say hi if we see you!

PS May have missed this, but what happened with your daughter's school calendar and your Disney dates?
Old 06-29-2013, 08:11 AM   #212
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmama3 View Post
Hi Ann-- I read your TR last year and just read through your PTR tonight!! I really enjoyed it. My oldest son is younger than your daughter, but I think he would have LOVED Playlist. I will have to show him the pics, he may know some of those youtubers!

We will be staying at POR the same dates that you are there! Will say hi if we see you!

PS May have missed this, but what happened with your daughter's school calendar and your Disney dates?
Hi Donia and welcome!!! Thank you for the compliment. I enjoy writing the reports even though I don't have a huge amount of readers. Thank you for joining in! I will definitely look for you around POR. I will have my Lime Green Mickey Head attached to my pink Minnie Mouse bag. You will also not be able to miss my Victoria with her curly hair!!

OMG!! We had sooooo much fun at Playlist Live. They just announced the 2014 dates this past week and of course we bought tickets! It will be just me, Victoria and Kali this year. Peter, unfortunately, will not be able to get the time off from work, so it will be a girls only trip. I'm kinda excited for it!!! It means that while the girls are meeting their favs, Mama can go to the outlet Mall or wherever!!

As for school....it starts here on August 29th, so we shortened our trip by one day. We'll be coming home on the 28th. We had picked a nice flight with Delta to arrive in Maine at 9:15pm. Yeah, well Delta changed that flight to land at 11:15pm instead. This means Victoria will only have a few hours of sleep for her first day of school. Not the best thing to do, but the Bounceback offer started on August 18th so we couldn't add any days to the start of the trip. I'm curious to see what this year's BB offer will be.
Victoriasmom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2013, 11:47 AM   #213
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran

Hi Anne! Remember me!? Lol. Anyway, love, love, the new poncho! I wish I was creative like that. I switched over to POFQ becausey DD really wanted to try it but I will still be heading over POR (the food court is way better).
I am curious as well to see what BB will be this year! We are planning a big trip next year with family and friends and I can't wait to start planning!
Old 06-29-2013, 04:25 PM   #214
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse_Mommy4 View Post
Hi Anne! Remember me!? Lol. Anyway, love, love, the new poncho! I wish I was creative like that. I switched over to POFQ becausey DD really wanted to try it but I will still be heading over POR (the food court is way better).
I am curious as well to see what BB will be this year! We are planning a big trip next year with family and friends and I can't wait to start planning!
Yay!!! Tasha is still reading!! I've seen you on Team August, but not over here as of late.....Heck, I haven't even seen me on my own PTR lately. Hopefully that will change!! 51 More Days!!!!
Old 07-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #215
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Yep, so here we are at 47 days!!! I cant believe how close it really is now. I remember booking it last year like it was YESTERDAY!!! I remember first booking CBR and then realizing that we all were much happier at POR, so I made the switch and paid for Preferred. This is the first time Ive ever paid for preferred, so I hope it turns out really magical! I hope we get all of our requests granted and that the weather is beautiful! I just cant wait to be home again!

Now here is some news for everyone ---- I AM PAID IN FULL AS OF 7/1/2013!!!! Good thing as it is due on July 4th so I squeaked it out! I tell you it was pretty hard to have it come out of the paycheck for the last couple of months, but it is so worth it! I did give up yard sailing hard core as there was no left over money to spend on things that werent absolutely needed. Lets all dance now!

I have a couple of iron-on shirts to still get done and that is pretty much it. I have been working on hair bows and I just have to add the clips to them. I think they came out pretty cute. I dont know if I will actually be wearing them, but here they are:

Ive done a few more that I just didnt take pics of. Sorry guys!

The Disboards Team August group is having a Dismeet in Epcot on the 20th at 3pm!! I hope this stays together as it would just be FANTASTIC to meet some other Disers. Of course I'm already meeting Shannon and Erin, and I'm so excited! Finally to know some people who feel the way I do about Disney! Its going to be so cool!!! Erin, Im surprised you havent been part of Team August. They are really great people over there! Very entertaining! The thread moves EXTREMELY FAST and its hard to keep up with, but its fun. The link is: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3128374. I hope I did that right! Im planning on making a headband with LMGH on it. I want to be recognizable after all!!

I've started practicing my song for the American Idol Experience!! Im going to be doing "Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts. Hopefully I will learn the lyrics before then or my plan will be totally ruined. I love to perform and just dont have the time or energy to do so in my normal life. I also want to meet this guy:

This is Greg Hutson and OMG is he a little hottie!!! He's one of the host on the Experience. I follow him on Facebook and Twitter, so yes, Im a stalker!! LOL! And a cougar! Bad Me! Ok, fine, I am happily married and I would never cheat on my hubby, but still.....ahhhh.....The only problem is that I would have to win a spot on stage in order to meet him and for the last 2 years I havent been able to do that! Grrrr! Cmon people! Let me be on stage!!! Just once. Watch, lets say I make it, I will probably have the other host and not Greg. Sad, sad..oh well.

The weather around Maine for June and so far in July has been very damp and humid. It actually reminds me a lot of Florida with its afternoon pop up thunderstorms. There's been twice that I've wanted to get in the pool, but a storm rolls through. I dont know what's with the pool this year anyways. Peter doesn't seem to be keeping it clean. (oh, did I just say it was Peter's fault??) Actually, he is the one who does all the pool maintenance. I do vacuum it, but I dont know all the chemical upkeep that he does. He is so busy that I try not to complain, but I dont want to swim in a dirty pool. Wow! I really do sound like a spoiled princess, dont I? I try to do it all myself, mow the lawn, etc, but sometimes I just want to be taken care of! Anyways, back to our summer:

We have gone on a couple of day trips around the State. One of the trips was to the only wire bridge in Maine, actually I think in the country. Heres a little history of it:
The Wire Bridge spanning the Carrabassett River in New Portland is a unique structure, the only survivor of four such bridges built in Maine in the 18002s and probably the only such bridge still standing in the US. The actual facts of its origin have frequently been misquoted. However, available records indicate the building of the bridge began in 1864 and was completed in 1866. Two men, David Elder and Captain Charles B. Clark, were responsible for the bridge design and construction.
The towers are constructed of timber framing and covered with boards protected by cedar shingles. In 1959 the 99th Maine Legislature enacted legislation for the preservation of this bridge. The bridge was renovated in 1961, when the tower bases were capped with concrete, the towers were rebuilt, steel suspender rods were replaced by steel cables, and a new timber deck was installed. The bridge was renovated again in 2009-2010 with work to outside of the steel cables. The tower framing timbers and main support cables are the original material. The span between towers is 198 feet.
Isnt that so cool!!??? Honestly I was a bit scared to walk on it at first as it moves while you are walking on it, but CARS drive on it, so I think it can handle my weight and it did because I am still here to write about it!

Another trip that we made was for Peters birthday. He wanted to go drive on the Kancamagus Highway in New Hampshire. This summary is off NHs tourism website:
The Kancamagus Highway is a 34.5 mile scenic drive along NH's Rt. 112 in Northern New Hampshire that is well known as one of the best Fall Foliage viewing areas in the country. The Kancamagus Highway is now designated an American Scenic Byway for its rich history, aesthetic beauty and culture.

The Kancamagus Scenic Byway takes you through a path cut through the White Mountain National Forest with breathtaking views of the White Mountains, the Swift River, Sabbaday Falls, Lower Falls and Rocky Gorge. The Kanc takes you to an elevation of just under 3,000 feet at its highest point at Kancamagus Pass on the flank of Mt. Kancamagus near Lincoln, NH.
This was truly an all day adventure as we left at 9am and didnt get back home until 7pm! I was so tired of sitting in the car, but it was truly beautiful! We also stopped at one of the few covered bridges in Maine near Sunday River ski resort. So nice.

Hows that for photo heavy, Karen?? Did I do good??!!!!

Last edited by Victoriasmom98; 07-02-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:09 PM   #217
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Ann, I LOVE your bows! If you don't wear them or you don't have use for them after your vacation I will buy them from you for Minnie's first trip!!!
Tinker326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #218
OregonMomToWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326
Ann, I LOVE your bows! If you don't wear them or you don't have use for them after your vacation I will buy them from you for Minnie's first trip!!!
I am non crafty. How did you make the bows? Someone made a bow for chelsea's dance costume and she loved it. I might try making her s disney one if it weren't too challenging.

PTR: 1 Summer, 2 Coasts, 3 Kids...Ready, Set, Go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51560086
OregonMomToWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #219
beachmama3
Mouseketeer

Awww your bows are adorable! I am also non-crafty but I bought a few Disney bows to wear on my trip- I have coordinated my outfits to them. LOL

Your mini-trips look amazing!! My husband and I have talked about taking the boys up to Maine- I think they would love it.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #220
beachmama3
Mouseketeer

Also, you'll have to let us all know what day you will be in DHS trying out! We are planning to be there Thurs the 22nd!
Old 07-03-2013, 06:11 AM   #221
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran

Great job on the bows Anne!

Our trips are soooo close. Congrats on the PAID IN FULL! I always wait until the last minute to pay mine off, so I am right there with ya! Something about me wanting to keep my money in my account as long as possible.

Anyhow, I wont be at Epcot on the 20th so we need to try and meet up some other day. I need to compare our schedules. Since we're at sister resorts it shouldn't be too hard.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #222
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

I cannot believe how lax Iíve been at responding to your comments. See, I usually type my updates in Word and then copy & paste them to the boards. The one thing I donít like about doing that is sometimes the punctuation doesnít come over correctly, so if you see something really funky, it wasnít me!!! I have to be real sneaky about it since we are not supposed to be online at work unless itís work-related. I have a really hard time with that rule and have been called on it more than once. I donít usually update at home because Iím usually pretty tired and it seems thereís always things to do at home! So, Iím really sorry for ignoring you all lately!! Please know that I do read and love every one of your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riles_and_Gabe View Post
Hi I am joining in!! I will be back tonight to read through the report.
HI!!!!!! Iím glad you are hereÖÖHopefully youíve hung around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
Yhea on flights!!!!!!!

Awesome!
Thanks NicoleÖ.theyíve just been going higher and higher. Iím really glad to have booked when I did.

Quote:
Good job on the airfare snag!!! I'm still looking for my November trip and they are SO high.

Funny you posted your "Disneyfied Desk" - I did the same yesterday!!! Gotta bring some Disney to the boring cubicle!
Ugh. I hate cubbie world!!! I did just clean out a bunch of Victoriaís things and she had quite a few figurines from the Lion King, so those are coming here next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
That's right! Pictures or you are in trouble!

Good luck with the Dessert Party! I'm not sure you will get a FRONT FRONT spot, but that's b/c those tables were for two...probably why we were in one of them!

Happy Birthday! I don't feel my age at all either!

I'm really sorry about the chickens, I hope the rest of them survive! Have fun at the garage sale, that sounds fun!
I ended up NOT booking the dessert party. I just couldnít justify the cost of the desserts when in fact none of us are supposed to be eating those anywaysÖ.oh, if they come with our meals on the DDP thatís one thing, but to pay for just desserts. Nope. We donít mind standing to watch Wishes. Heck we may even do my long lost plan of going to watch them from Polyís beach. Weíll see. Yes, right now our chickens are all just fine. Peter is sooo obsessed with them! Itís funny to watch. And thank you for my Birthday wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
Happy Belated Birthday, Ann! I donít feel my age either, so between me and Karen, you are in good company! Itís not fun to act your age, anyway! I think acting young keeps you young at heart So, it took me a while to catch up on everything since I have been MIA, but I am glad that you got such great flights! I was sorry to hear about your chickens, but I am glad to hear that you got a few new baby chicks. Iím also glad your cat is OK! There really isnít much to plan after the double digit mark, is there? I hope you get the dessert party! I was looking into that, too, but I forgot about it until you brought it up. Iíll have to figure out what night I can take the kids. Now itís just a matter of paying off the trip. I played the Powerball for the first and last time for Wednesdayís drawing My numbers were nowhere near the numbers they drew. I obviously didnít play Saturday (Iím not really a lottery type of gal) but I heard that the person who won is in Florida! Then I heard that the majority of Powerball winners are in Florida! I think you and I should play when we are down there in August!
Well since I wonít have access to a car, I donít see where Iíll be buying a ticket. How about you guys? Will anyone in your party have a car? If so, Iíd give you $5 to play for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonMomToWDW View Post
I was so glad to see you had posted. Sorry to hear about the State budget problems. That is why I have always steered away from City, State, or school district jobs. I hope they get a budget soon.

I hope the Doctor appt went ok today. I am about ready to leave work, so not a lot of comments. Just wanted to say, "Welcome back to your PTR."
As it turns out, Maineís budget was approved and we will be getting a 1% raise in September and then a 5% merit raise based on each individualís anniversary date and whether they deserve it. Of course I WILL DESERVE IT!!! After all, I donít spend too much time at work on the boards, right??? So by January it should be a little easier to pay things down. I should be at a couple hundred more for a two week period! OOOH, BEACH CLUB NEXT YEAR ANYONE?? I tell ya though, it came right down to the last day for the vote!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
Hi, Ann! I really hope everything works out with Maineís budget! That is so scary! Keep us posted after the vote. I like the modifications you made to the poncho! Our trips are so close! How did everything go at the doctorís?
Letís see, canít remember which doctorís appointment you may be referring to, but itís probably about my toe. Well, my toe has healed about as much as itís going to. Itís no longer broken but it healed pretty funny looking. Sometimes thereís pain, but not so much. I do have gout and will always have gout now so itís something I will just live with! Oh well. I wonít be letting that stop me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Hi Ann! Just stopping by....I've been a total slacker on the DIS lately. So, did you get the dessert party?? I booked for the 21st
HI!!!! Iíll have to go catch up with your report soon!!! I have seen your posts on Facebook, so I feel like Iíve kind of been keeping up!

Quote:
I don't know how I missed your update! So sorry it took me so long to figure it out. I LOVE your poncho! I just love it. I wish I were talented, I would make myself one, lord knows I have enough Disney bags!

Sorry about the job situation, but yay for almost having it all paid off!!!

How many days do you have now? I guess I could go look at Erin's TR b/c you guys will be there at the same time! *jealous*!!
I swear one day we will all be there at the same time and WILL meet!!! Thanks for the compliment on the poncho. Iím pretty pleased as to how it turned out! Today itís 44DAYS!!!! Whoo Hoo!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denovagirl View Post
Hi, I am brand new to DIS Boards and have been reading through some PTR's...I wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying yours! I am also going in August and I am just loving reading through it all and learning some tips as well.

BTW- I LOVE the poncho, that is super creative!!
I am sooooooooooo sorry Denovagirl that I seemed to have missed welcoming you!!! Iím really not that unmannered (although some on here may tell you differently!!). We love going in August/September. It is very hot, but you learn to go into stores with AC and attractions with AC. I actually like it to be hot enough that we feel like going into the pool! Some would say that you are crazy to go in August, but weíll take heat & low crowds anyday! So, when in August are you going and where are you staying? Please fill me in!!

Quote:
Good job Ann!

47 DAYS!!!!!!!! The DISmeets sound like fun! I cannot wait to hear all about it!
Iím pretty excited for the Dismeets!!! Iíve only ever met one other Disboard member while at Disney. Crazy since there are really so many of us! Iíll be wearing these so no one can mistake that Iím not a Dis member. Ok, I will NOT wear them all day long, but just to my Dismeet at Epcot on the 20th at 3pm by the phone booths in England!! Iím not THAT CRAZY (Karen, bite your tongue! LOL!)

Quote:
Nicole, I would NEVER make you pay for them. If I decide I donít want them anymore, I will just give them to you. They really are nothing special and they are my first ones, so even though they might look good from the front, you really donít want to see the sewing job from the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonMomToWDW View Post
I am non crafty. How did you make the bows? Someone made a bow for chelsea's dance costume and she loved it. I might try making her s disney one if it weren't too challenging.
Hi Shannon, I actually found a YouTube video which showed how to do them. I think the biggest thing to know is to sew the loops!! I never knew that and boy, did it make a difference!
Itís really not that challenging! Of course the first one I did is much worse than the 5th one!

Quote:
Awww your bows are adorable! I am also non-crafty but I bought a few Disney bows to wear on my trip- I have coordinated my outfits to them. LOL

Your mini-trips look amazing!! My husband and I have talked about taking the boys up to Maine- I think they would love it.
Oh, I do love Maine in the summer! There is so much history here and some really unusual things that Iíve never seen! Iím very lucky that my husband likes to drive around with no real destination in mind. You find some of the most amazing things that way.

Quote:
Also, you'll have to let us all know what day you will be in DHS trying out! We are planning to be there Thurs the 22nd!
Well, my DHS days are the 21st and the 24th, so it will be one of those two days. Or both!! Who knows. Iím still going back and forth on songs. Victoria said I really didnít do ďLife is a HighwayĒ very well, so Iím now thinking of doing Queenís ďYouíre my Best FriendĒ. I just donít know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse_Mommy4 View Post
Great job on the bows Anne!

Our trips are soooo close. Congrats on the PAID IN FULL! I always wait until the last minute to pay mine off, so I am right there with ya! Something about me wanting to keep my money in my account as long as possible.

Anyhow, I wont be at Epcot on the 20th so we need to try and meet up some other day. I need to compare our schedules. Since we're at sister resorts it shouldn't be too hard.
Hi Tasha!! Like I told you in a private message, our break day is the 23rd, so chances are we will be by the pool that day while doing laundry. Hopefully we get to meet this year and you wonít have to stalk me anymore!! HAHAHA!
Old 07-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #223
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Ok, so, remember how I told you I wanted to do the American Idol Experience for two reasons? One because I love to perform for people and two because I want to meet that little hottie Greg Hutson? And do you also remember how I stalk him on Facebook and Twitter? Well, I had the following little exchange with him the other day:

OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! So, the pressure is off as for winning a spot on the show. Yeah! I could meet the judges as well. Thatís going to be soooo cool!!! Goodness, I sound like a little 12 year old who loves One Direction or something! I hope I donít come off as being a crazed fan! At least Peter will be there to calm me down! Letís just wish him luck, shall we?

I wanted to show everyone the other bows Iíve made:

I really like my Zebra one. That will be for Animal Kingdom and the Pooh one will be for our breakfast at Crystal Palace. I think thatís appropriate. I do have more ribbon, so maybe Iíll make another oneÖ.Iím not sure yet. I still have to do our tshirts. I know, I knowÖ..I need to get on that soon!

Itís been so hot and humid here these last few days. Peter even said that it smelled like the air at Disney. It really did too. Itís not usually that hot in Maine, but hello 90 degree weather. Itís certainly getting us ready for Disney. Iím not walking as much as I should be but how can you walk in such humidity? How does Karen RUN in this humidity as Iím sure she must have it there, too. Iím very, very fortunate to have a pool and a hubby who takes care of that.

Iím not sure if I mentioned it or not, but we are in the process of trying to sell Peterís property in Starks, Maine. Heís emptying it out slowly but surely. He has 3 big garbage bags full of his former wifeís clothes that weíll be giving to Goodwill. He also has some of her jewelry that Iíll probably try to sell on ebay. Nothing fancy, just costume jewelry. We now have his father-in-lawís van (his former wifeís father) in our yard. If anyone drives by they will think we are a used car/tractor lot!! Actually the van and the 2001 Chevy Cavalier (my old baby --- I love that car!! ) are both for sale. Peter says what he gets for the cars and the house (with 11 acres of land) will pay off both of our new cars and some other bills. Donít you just hate practical people who want to PAY BILLS instead of investing in DVC??!!! I mean really, Peter! How can you think bills should come first? What is his problem!! (You all know Iím just kidding!!!) We are only asking about $50,000 for the house/land as the house and single wide mobile home thatís on the land are in need of repair, but the land is definitely worth the money! Hey, is anyone looking for property in Maine? Starks is about 40 minutes from ANYWHERE!!!! LOL!

Iím one of the few people who didnít take today off. Boy, this office is so quiet. Thereís maybe 7 of us here. Itís actually kind of erieÖ..

Well everyone have a great weekend!!!
Old 07-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #224
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Uh no, you are TOTALLY CRAZY, just admit it! AND you are a crazed-fan-stalker! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those ears for your DISMEET!!! OMG! YOU MUST wear them all day. I insist! Too cute. (funny, I had to come back and edit this b/c I put "I MUST wear them all day" the first time!)

Well, I do run in heat & humidity, but I sweat like a pig when I run, even in freezing temps, so what's a little more? It doesn't seem to bother me at all, but maybe that's b/c I'm drenched in 2 minutes flat!

44 DAYS!!!!!!! Will you tweet or do FB more? Do we follow each other on twitter? I hate twitter, btw, but I'll follow you for the trip if you are going to be on there.
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #225
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Uh no, you are TOTALLY CRAZY, just admit it! AND you are a crazed-fan-stalker! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those ears for your DISMEET!!! OMG! YOU MUST wear them all day. I insist! Too cute. (funny, I had to come back and edit this b/c I put "I MUST wear them all day" the first time!)

Well, I do run in heat & humidity, but I sweat like a pig when I run, even in freezing temps, so what's a little more? It doesn't seem to bother me at all, but maybe that's b/c I'm drenched in 2 minutes flat!

44 DAYS!!!!!!! Will you tweet or do FB more? Do we follow each other on twitter? I hate twitter, btw, but I'll follow you for the trip if you are going to be on there.
I think during the trip I will probably tweet rather than FB. Tweeting is easier I think!!! I'm victoriasmom98 over there as well. I would love to have you follow me!!! and no, I will NEVER admit to anything!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: