Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2013, 06:01 AM   #196
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

Hi I am joining in!! I will be back tonight to read through the report.

My Blog: Have Budget Will Travel

Riles_and_Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #197
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Yhea on flights!!!!!!!

Awesome!
Tinker326 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 08:30 PM   #198
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

I am all caught up. What a great PTR with a couple of mini TR thrown in!!!

My Blog: Have Budget Will Travel

Riles_and_Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #199
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Well, I am pretty pleased right now. Southwest upped the fares on the flights we snagged at 9660 points to 11220 so I booked them at the right time. Iím still obsessed, though, and keep checking to see if they go down. I really donít think at this point they will. I think Iíve been watching long enough to know now. Due to my lack of photos during my last update, I will try to photographically capture all my news (ok, Karen??) so here goesÖ.. hereís the verification that the prices increasedÖIím very sorry about the quality as itís a picture taken with my iphone of my computer screenÖ.

Also, I have finally printed out and laminated my Lime Green Mickey Head with the Team August logo and attached it to my bag. Team August has both a Disboard thread and a Facebook group that I am part of and it will be kind of neat to meet people from the DisÖ.aside from Shannon and Erin who I know for sure I will see. You know, I already have my laminated dining confirmation numbers/flight numbers attached, a luggage tag, sunglass holder (Walt Disney World, of course) and a bottle holder attached. Iím going to look like a pack mule!!

I have all the beads we have received on our trips to Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter hung up in my cubbie at work. I decided a little bit of Disney here would do me some good.

Oh, and did I mention my little kitty Reeses has decided that lying on my park bag would be a good idea? So, now I have black fur on my pink bag. Easily removed, I know. Speaking of my little kitty, boy did we have a scare with her about 2 weeks ago. I noticed a bit of discharge coming out of her and decided to bring her to the vet. She was having some other issues as not holding her pee until she could get to the box and she was also vomitting sometimes when she ate. Turns out, she had an extremely bad uterine infection and must be spayed immediately. She would die without the surgery, so of course we decided to go ahead. Because she was quite a mess, her surgery costs almost $700!!! OUCH! Fortunately, Peter said it was ok to go ahead and put it on the Southwest credit card. I say, look at it this way, we saved her life AND we just earned more points for flights!!! Yay!

Also, in the animal category guess what?! We got more chickens!!! Yep, we picked up 5 baby (one month old) chicks last Saturday and one two month old chick. We now have 2 barred rock cochins, 2 antwerps, 1 silkie cochin, and the older one is a silkie, barred, cochin mix. Peter seems to really love chickens. They really are so much fun and really not all that expensive to keep. The new chicks are in our addition under a heat lamp for about another month. The older one is named Moppet as she has a little tuft of feathers on the top of her head.

Sheís so ugly that sheís cute! This will make a total of 11 chickens! Now with the new ones, we donít know if they are boys or girls yet, but hopefully most of them are laying hens. Weíll see. It was so funny when we went to pick them up as the lady we got them from had turkeys, ducks and chickens all running around. There was this big ole Tom Turkey who thought he was a dog!! He wanted to be patted on the head and followed us around. So funny! Victoria wanted to stay there all day! And he and Victoria kept gobbling at each other.

And here is Victoria and her rooster, RooÖ..

OMG!!!! I just previewed the post and I SWEAR I had adjusted all the photos the correct orientation!!! Grrrrr Photobucket!!!

Victoriasmom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:16 AM   #200
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
Well, I am pretty pleased right now. Southwest upped the fares on the flights we snagged at 9660 points to 11220 so I booked them at the right time.

Yay on the savings!

Quote:
Iím still obsessed, though, and keep checking to see if they go down. I really donít think at this point they will.

I don't dare to look at mine...I was impatient and I know I didn't get a great deal. I saw them drop once and snagged them. I know I can get a credit towards the next flight, but I don't know when we will use SW again in the next couple years....so I don't think I would ever use it and it is such a hassle to deal with it. Better to just not know.

Quote:
I have all the beads we have received on our trips to Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter hung up in my cubbie at work. I decided a little bit of Disney here would do me some good.
Love this idea...I have Disney-ified my desk too. I have a Donald figurine and a Minnie/Mickey, two of my PP pics in a frame and my little man in front of the castle on my mousepad. My coffe mugs are all Disney...I listen to the Wishes soundtrack the few times I get to listen to my music. Yeah, it's safe to say everyone thinks I am a Disney freak here....oh well

Quote:
Speaking of my little kitty, boy did we have a scare with her about 2 weeks ago.

Quote:
her surgery costs almost $700!!! OUCH! Fortunately, Peter said it was ok to go ahead and put it on the Southwest credit card. I say, look at it this way, we saved her life AND we just earned more points for flights!!! Yay!
Very scary....we love our little furballs don't we! But I love Peter's attitude towards it. Always nice to get rewards points

Quote:
I just previewed the post and I SWEAR I had adjusted all the photos the correct orientation!!! Grrrrr Photobucket!!!
Yeah, I had to dump Photobucket....just got too frustrated with them on a daily basis. I love Flickr, so much easier to use for the DIS.

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #201
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Good job on the airfare snag!!! I'm still looking for my November trip and they are SO high.

Funny you posted your "Disneyfied Desk" - I did the same yesterday!!! Gotta bring some Disney to the boring cubicle!
Tinker326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #202
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

So, I am now on a missionÖÖ.I am trying to get ressies for the Wishes Dessert Party for August 25th. All of July is open and itís now just a waiting game for August to open. I have been calling everyday hoping to get lucky and snag a ressie. I also have the dining ressie online site up on my desktop at work. I would really like to be one of the first ones so I could get a table right along the window like my buddy Karen did. August 25th is also an EMH night for MK so that would be cool. We will have rested at the party and then be ready to go again until who knows when! It would work out perfectly as we do not have a ressie until supper time on the 26th. I have subbed to the Wishes Dessert Party thread so hopefully when it opens Iíll be one of the first to know. Yes, everyoneÖ.the diabetic wants to go to a dessert party. I just donít know whatís good for me, do I? Heck, Iím going for the experience --- not for the desserts, right??

I had my birthday on the 11thÖ..Iím now 46 years old. WowÖ.Iím almost 50! Thatís just weird! I certainly donít act my age or feel middle aged at all!! I think itís got to be wrong. Iím the biggest kid at heart you would ever meet. We did go to the coast for lunch in Belfast, but it was rainy and cold so I didnít get to really enjoy the harbor much. I saw it, smelled the air, and that was it. I didnít even take pictures. So not like me. Grr. Then on Motherís Day we took my Mom out to Longhorns for dinner and I got her flower barrel planted. I do this every year for her. She has everything, so thereís nothing really to buy her.

Speaking of Motherís Day, I won a Motherís Day package from the radio station which consisted of a $50 gift card to Red Robin, $20 gc to the cinemas, and $100 gc to Pier One Imports. Thatís pretty cool!! We already used the one to Red Robin. I havenít checked out Pier One in a long time. I found that store to be really expensive! Iíll just have to shop the clearance section. Ok, fineÖ..I ALWAYS shop in the clearance sections!!! So, that was a nice little surprise! I love winning stuff.

Well, we lost another chicken last week. We donít really know whatís wrong other than a sour crop (a digestive thing). She never came out of it, no matter what we tried. We are now down to 3 older chickens and a crop of 6 baby chicks which are still under the heat lamp inside the house! I canít wait until they can all be together. The pen looks so empty right now.

93 MORE DAYS UNTIL DISNEY!!! Yes, folks Iím in the double digits now!!! Itís so awesome! Not much planning to do at this point as everything is all set. I do have to finish the alterations to the famous Disney Bag Poncho and do some iron on shirts but other than that, we are ready to go! Oh, well, I am still paying on it, of course. The trip must be paid in full by July 4th so Iím trying to pay a bit extra per pay period. This is not easy! Thereís always something that comes up, isnít there? This week there were 3 prescriptions to getÖugh! Why canít I just win Powerball??

It could be because I donít buy a ticket? Maybe I will for a chance at $550 million dollars. Does anyone play amongst my readers?

Tomorrow itís the annual 10 Mile Yard Sale in Cornville! Love this event!!! Iím very lucky that Peter doesnít mind yard sailing! Victoria HATES it! I swear this is not my child! I think sheís having Kali over tonight into tomorrow and then going to a birthday party later on Saturday for their friend Paige. I donít mind Kali and Victoria staying home alone. I wouldnít let Victoria stay home alone for a long period of time, though. I just love parking in one spot and going to 30 yard sales at a time! Every year I hope to find some scrapbooking supplies but I never seem to.

I only have $50 to spare this year but I should be able to buy a few things with that. Oh, and I must buy Disney-related items, too! Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day with grocery shopping first thing in the am (we like going at 7am with no crowds in the store), then yard sailing, then we have a wedding to go to. Peterís nephew is getting married. According to Peter it should be interesting. Apparently they are beyond Redneck and I was also told not to eat the browniesÖ.um, ok. Iíve never met the kid, so I donít know. Iíll keep you guys informed. LOL!

Oh shootÖ.I cannot update without pictures againÖ..I will get shot by you know who!! Ok, letís see what I can come up withÖ.there.....I added some.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #203
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

That's right! Pictures or you are in trouble!

Good luck with the Dessert Party! I'm not sure you will get a FRONT FRONT spot, but that's b/c those tables were for two...probably why we were in one of them!

Happy Birthday! I don't feel my age at all either!

I'm really sorry about the chickens, I hope the rest of them survive! Have fun at the garage sale, that sounds fun!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #204
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

Happy Belated Birthday, Ann! I donít feel my age either, so between me and Karen, you are in good company! Itís not fun to act your age, anyway! I think acting young keeps you young at heart So, it took me a while to catch up on everything since I have been MIA, but I am glad that you got such great flights! I was sorry to hear about your chickens, but I am glad to hear that you got a few new baby chicks. Iím also glad your cat is OK! There really isnít much to plan after the double digit mark, is there? I hope you get the dessert party! I was looking into that, too, but I forgot about it until you brought it up. Iíll have to figure out what night I can take the kids. Now itís just a matter of paying off the trip. I played the Powerball for the first and last time for Wednesdayís drawing My numbers were nowhere near the numbers they drew. I obviously didnít play Saturday (Iím not really a lottery type of gal) but I heard that the person who won is in Florida! Then I heard that the majority of Powerball winners are in Florida! I think you and I should play when we are down there in August!

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Tink-erin-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:17 PM   #205
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Whatís going on with me? Letís start this off with this pic (to get the Karen requirement out of the wayÖ..LOL!)

Ok, phew. One photo in the update! Moving onÖ.the big story in my world right now is the State budget crisis and the possible State shutdown that is being talked about. Maine will be without a budget effective June 30th and if the Legislature doesnít vote one in, then government must shut down. No work means no pay for me. Let me just tell you this will NOT work well for my budget. Itís bad enough that I havenít had a raise in over 5 years, but a total shutdown would be bad, very bad! Granted I only have $282 left to pay on Disney and that is being paid on June 26th, but I have no spending money or TS tips saved up yet. Oh, there are always options like dropping down to standard room or going with a value, but boy, I really donít want to do that. I have my heart set on POR and I donít want to change. There always seems to be something, doesnít there? Peter comes home last night and states that he feels the end is near for his jobÖ..WHAT???!!! Oh, heíd never quit without having another job, but letís face it, heís 50 now and most companies will not hire and train him for a new career. And heís signed a non-competition clause which means the company he works for now could sue him if he were to work for another fuel company. GrrrrrÖ..weíll make itÖÖit just may not be pretty for a while.

As Iíve said I only have $282 left to pay. Wow!! This has been a long haul to pay off! If I would have figured it out correctly when I started bi-weekly payments, I would have been ok, but having to pay $282 bi-weekly for the last 3 weeks has been a killer! Iím just not paying so much on the other credit cards for now. But, again, there was Peterís birthday and Fatherís Day and I have to buy him something!!! I also had 2 prescriptions to pick up this week which was a total of $40! I know, I know, Iím thankful to have medical insurance for what itís worth. I probably should start saving for Disney as soon as I get back, huh? Letís see, letís make this an estimated $3,700 divided by 20 bi-weekly payments (Iím giving myself some time off from savings) and that would be: $185Ö.ughÖ..ok, letís get it down to $100 per bi-weekly pays Ö.. that would make it 37 weeksÖ.nope, not enough time. We could do 25 bi-weekly pays at $150 per pay. Ok. That will work. We would also have the tax refund to count on, too.

We are currently trying to sell Peterís home in Starks. Itís 11 acres with a home and a mobile home on the property. Both homes need work and Peter would be happy just to have his current home equity loan paid off which is about $23,000 or so. I think we could easily get $52,000 for itÖ..I mean itís worth that for the land itself, I believe. Anyone know how I could find out what land is worth? I know I can look on the tax bill, but everyone knows they overinflate what the property is really worth just so they can get more taxes out of you. Ugh! You know, I could put in a picture of Peterís house, but Iíve never taken one. Weird! I take pictures of everything and Iíve never taken a picture of his house? Bad me! Anyways, he says if we get that for the house, he plans on paying off both cars and some other stuff. Oh, how I would love to not have any more car payments. That would save me $267 per month!!! That would be heaven!!

I have to mention that Victoria and Kali want to go to Playlist Live again in 2014. Peter doesnít think heíll be able to make it if it is held around the same time next year. That is, if he is still working for his present employer. His co-worker Paul has already requested the time off in March, so weíll see. It may just have to be me and the girls! They are supposed to be announcing the dates at the end of this month, so weíll see. We really did have fun last time!

I have finished the alterations to the Disney bag rain ponchoÖÖ.Here it isÖ.

Pretty Cool, eh? Iím pretty pleased with it now. It opens from the front and I made it about 12 inches longer! Yep, Iím happy.

Weíve been keeping busy enjoying the weather while we can since Maine summers are soooo short! We did open the pool up but havenít used it yet --- itís been too darned cold! The water temp is probably 60 degrees and thatís way too cold. Weíve been on a couple different day trips so far and Iíll have to share them in my next post. I have to leave in about 10 minutes to go see the doctor regarding my toe. Yes, my lovely, red, mis-shaped toe. Ugh. I think this is as far as the healing will get now. Iíll just have to live with it. It doesnít hurt all the time, but it does ache at times. Oh wellÖÖsuch is life, right??
Old 06-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #206
OregonMomToWDW
Mouseketeer

I was so glad to see you had posted. Sorry to hear about the State budget problems. That is why I have always steered away from City, State, or school district jobs. I hope they get a budget soon.

I hope the Doctor appt went ok today. I am about ready to leave work, so not a lot of comments. Just wanted to say, "Welcome back to your PTR."

PTR: 1 Summer, 2 Coasts, 3 Kids...Ready, Set, Go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51560086
OregonMomToWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #207
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

Hi, Ann! I really hope everything works out with Maineís budget! That is so scary! Keep us posted after the vote. I like the modifications you made to the poncho! Our trips are so close! How did everything go at the doctorís?

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Tink-erin-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:45 PM   #208
solana131
DIS Veteran

Hi Ann! Just stopping by....I've been a total slacker on the DIS lately. So, did you get the dessert party?? I booked for the 21st

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #209
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

I don't know how I missed your update! So sorry it took me so long to figure it out. I LOVE your poncho! I just love it. I wish I were talented, I would make myself one, lord knows I have enough Disney bags!

Sorry about the job situation, but yay for almost having it all paid off!!!

How many days do you have now? I guess I could go look at Erin's TR b/c you guys will be there at the same time! *jealous*!!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #210
Denovagirl
DIS Veteran

Hi, I am brand new to DIS Boards and have been reading through some PTR's...I wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying yours! I am also going in August and I am just loving reading through it all and learning some tips as well.

BTW- I LOVE the poncho, that is super creative!!
Denovagirl is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: