Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #136
solana131
DIS Veteran

Hey there fellow Mainer! I'm from "way down south" in York County. Cornish...almost at the NH border just west of Sebago Lake. I'm glad to see someone still uses PWM...we have to drive to MHT because I like nonstop and since they took all the PWM-MCO nonstops away, just go to MHT. But I am an hour closer than you, only takes us 2 hours to get there. Better than driving into BOS. Maybe someday they will bring nonstop back to PWM. I can't believe they did all that work to the terminal and parking and then got rid of hundreds of flights.

Looks like we will be overlapping in August. I am going the 17th - 24th. We are also staying at POR (preferred requesting building 14). Maybe we will be neighbors

So sorry that Victoria has had such a hard start at life....she seems like such a wonderful girl. I hope things turn around soon for you guys.

I enjoyed reading about your NYC trip...not so much the hotel, but I'm glad your mom had a good time. Wow, you were brave doing NYC on black Friday! I thought Portland was bad

I hear you about the whole school issue. We start the Wednesday before Labor Day...that's why I am going a tad earlier. My little guy is only in K this year, so I'm sure he wouldn't miss much next year. But I just worry about him missing out on that initial bonding with new friends the first couple days. Victoria is old enough hat she has a great friend base already, so that's not very important to her, but for a 6 year old it is. I hope they don't move our start date up any more....I wish it was still after Labor Day. Just let summer be over before putting them back in school! And we don't get out until the 24th of June (as of now...who knows how many more snow days we will get). They hardly have 2 months now

Anyway...looking forward to hearing about your mini trip coming up here n just 14 days! Yay! You must be so excited!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #137
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Hi All!!! It’s a grey day here, but it's a relatively warm 45 degrees out. We had lots of rain last night and it has melted quite a bit of our snow. Yay!!! It’s been a very long winter with most of our storms coming in late winter during the weekends. Not my idea of a nice way to wrap it up at all, but what are you going to do, right? On a positive note, in Orlando it’s 72 degrees and sunny. I’m hoping it warms up a bit for next week so we really can enjoy the pool. That’s ok, Peter and I will enjoy our alone time and even the hot tub. Yeah, baby! I cannot wait!! We fly out on Friday the 22nd! I can’t believe it’s so close now! Victoria tried on her swimsuits and great thing is --- I don’t have to buy her a new one! Yeah! Would you believe I haven’t even started packing yet? Oh, the toiletries are ALWAYS packed, but my clothes aren’t. I have decided on what I am wearing to fly down, though --- My friend Laurie gave me a new shirt which is really pretty and I’ll be wearing jeans to go with it and sneakers, of course. Our flight leaves from Portland at 6am and we’ll be arriving in Orlando at 10:10am. Unfortunately no Magical Express for us….. so I’ll have to find Mears and get a ride to the hotel from them. Yuck! But I’ll be in Orlando, where there’s no snow and it will be warmer than Maine!! I figure we should be at the hotel by noon. I think we’ll get settled and either hang by the pool or head directly to DOWNTOWN DISNEY!!! We have ressies at Rainforest Café for 5pm and we’ll be taking a taxi there. There is free transportation to DTD from our hotel but only at 6:45pm. Apparently people don’t shop or eat during the day…. I just think taking a taxi will be worth it. After dinner we will shop for a little bit and then take Disney bus transportation to the Poly. We will be on the beach for the Electric Water Parade and then Wishes!! MMMmmmmm! HOME! I’ll be bringing my fold up tripod so I can get some nice pics. This will be the first time I ever see the water parade. I cannot wait! Afterwards we’ll go back to DTD and grab a taxi from there. DTD is the closest Disney point to our hotel, so the cheapest cab fare. Gotta save money somewhere. We’ll probably be pretty tired after a day of travelling and the excitement of being there. Hey, what do I care ---- I get to sleep in the next day while the girls go to the convention for the day!

In other news I found an AWESOME deal on one way flights from Orlando to Portland on the 28th of August --- $130 per person!!! I haven't found anything better and I'm pretty confident there won't be any fare better. The trouble is now, we have 2 ressies for the return flight --- one for Southwest and one for Delta! The $130 per person is from Delta. Southwest had the same flight for $171. Even with the baggage fee Delta charges, we are better off with them. Now, I will have to change the SW ressie to the flight down. Problem with that is that we don't have enough points yet to be able to book it. August 28th apparently is a much cheaper day to fly (Wednesday) than the 18th (Sunday). I'm hoping that by the end of April I will be able to change the flights to the 18th. The total points it will take is 35,820. We currently have 30,493, so basically 2 more credit card cycles as we usually get about 2,000 points per month. We also made a purchase through their partner site Best Buy which should earn 500 points and I went through Turbo Tax to earn an additional 1,000 points. I just wish I could do it now and be done with it all, but alas.....patience is a virtue, right?

More news.....Victoria's body had its very own menstral cycle this month!! This is HUGE NEWS for someone with PCOS!!! Now the doctor said that this may be a fluke thing and may not happen again, but it's a good thing. I'm excited! Finally, good news for a change!! Unfortunately, she's been sick with the ickiness and fever since Sunday and has been to school a total of 1 hour this week. Ugh. I sent her off today only for her to call me at 8am saying she was too sick to continue her day. So, off I went to get her. Poor thing. She really doesn't look good right now, so I believe that she's really sick. I just hope it doesn't attack Peter or I next. Especially with our trip being so close.

Not much more to report from here......
Victoriasmom98 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #138
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Hmmmm, I'm unsure. I think you should wait a bit and see what happens with the magicbands. I was thinking that shares were a thing of the past b/c if they make you attach it to the bands, there will be no way to share. How about Erin? You guys could actually even share the plus card b/c you will be meeting up? At least paying half the cost would be worth it and if it ends up that you can't share, then at least you and Erin know each other and will be prepared for that??

I just did a share for my trip with Savannah and paid less than 20$ and got so many great shots! If I cannot do a share in the future, I'll just shell out the money for photopass b/c it's totally worth it!
Hey Karen --- I totally agree with Photopass being worth every penny!! Even if I don't get anyone to share with me, it is still worth it to get all those ride pics and character dining pics. It would be up to Erin to see if she'd want to do the regular share. I just can't handle the stress of trying to get the ride and dining photos. Speaking of Erin, where the heck is she?? I'll have to message her on Facebook to see what's up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Hey there fellow Mainer! I'm from "way down south" in York County. Cornish...almost at the NH border just west of Sebago Lake. I'm glad to see someone still uses PWM...we have to drive to MHT because I like nonstop and since they took all the PWM-MCO nonstops away, just go to MHT. But I am an hour closer than you, only takes us 2 hours to get there. Better than driving into BOS. Maybe someday they will bring nonstop back to PWM. I can't believe they did all that work to the terminal and parking and then got rid of hundreds of flights.

Looks like we will be overlapping in August. I am going the 17th - 24th. We are also staying at POR (preferred requesting building 14). Maybe we will be neighbors

So sorry that Victoria has had such a hard start at life....she seems like such a wonderful girl. I hope things turn around soon for you guys.

I enjoyed reading about your NYC trip...not so much the hotel, but I'm glad your mom had a good time. Wow, you were brave doing NYC on black Friday! I thought Portland was bad

I hear you about the whole school issue. We start the Wednesday before Labor Day...that's why I am going a tad earlier. My little guy is only in K this year, so I'm sure he wouldn't miss much next year. But I just worry about him missing out on that initial bonding with new friends the first couple days. Victoria is old enough hat she has a great friend base already, so that's not very important to her, but for a 6 year old it is. I hope they don't move our start date up any more....I wish it was still after Labor Day. Just let summer be over before putting them back in school! And we don't get out until the 24th of June (as of now...who knows how many more snow days we will get). They hardly have 2 months now

Anyway...looking forward to hearing about your mini trip coming up here n just 14 days! Yay! You must be so excited!

Hello Suzi!!! I've already found you on Facebook and your ptr!! Of course I know where Cornish is... my sarcastic hubby states this is where Cornish game hens come from....yeah, he's like that!

I love to have non-stop flights, but I've only had that one time, so having a layover doesn't bother me at all. I'm very happy to be flying out of PWM!! I know my way around the airport and parking areas and it's just way more convenient for us. I think it is so totally cool that our trips are overlapping, that you are requesting POR Building 14 and that we are both from Maine. What are the odds, after all? Seriously. I look forward to trying to meet you and your family. I'm planning on having our Team August lime green Mickey head on, so you should be able to find me easy enough! I just cannot wait for August!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #139
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Hurrah for Victoria's period... (wow... those are words I never thought I'd string together ) but that's awesome... Not so awesome her feeling sick... I hope she feels much better soon... )

I'm glad you're getting to escape the cold in Maine to Florida... (wow... it's been a rough one for you ... hasn't it...?)

I was laughing about the Magic Express... It's like a Pavlovian response... you get to the Orlando Airport and you want your Magic Express bus...

I assume you will be writing all of this up of course?

(btw... how are the chickens? I though of you today cause Eric knows someone who just got a half a dozen chickens... and I told him I knew someone who had chickens too... and then well you know... I had to explain ... Dis thing... but he's kind of used to it by now... .lol....
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #140
OregonMomToWDW
DIS Veteran

Wow. Only one more week and you will get to be in sunshine and Orlando. I hope you have a great time.

Good for Victoria's cycle. I have had to take medicine before to get them going and it really does make you feel off. BTW - when it has been awhile for me and I do finally start, I have stomach virus like symptoms all the time. So, what Victoria has might not be catching. I have severe nausea and fever and chills with some of mine. So, I feel for her. Good news though, she should be past it and able to enjoy her trip.

PTR: 1 Summer, 2 Coasts, 3 Kids...Ready, Set, Go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51560086
OregonMomToWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #141
Tink-erin-belle
DIS Veteran

I like the idea you had of doing the monorail loop when you’re in Orlando in a few days! Whoa! You’re going to be there in a few days! I’m sure Victoria is excited, too! I like the backpack you made! I’m glad Victoria liked it. Ah, the dreaded “I want to dress like a boy” phase! I remember going through it myself! Boy’s clothes are just so much more comfortable! Even now, I like to shop in the boy’s section for shorts and unisex things like that because they have all of the cute patterns! I am a sucker for plaid! I’m glad she got some clothes that both of you could agree on, though. I was thinking the same thing about PhotoPass Plus. I would like to do a share, but I would only feel comfortable if I had the Plus part to myself because I am a control freak Not because I wouldn’t trust you or whoever I did the share with, but because I would be unreasonably anxious about something going wrong

It looks like it was warmer in your neck of the woods yesterday than it was in Virginia! I hope the Orlando weather warms up for you a little bit, but the hot tub should be nice regardless! That’s kind of weird that your hotel only goes to DTD at 6:45. Not exactly flexible! Your plans for your first day in Orlando sound really good! You found some great rates for your flight! I haven’t been able to find anything that low yet! I hope you’re able to make the switch easily when the time comes. I’m glad to hear that Victoria’s cycle went well this month! I hope it does continue! I feel like a traitor to the female gender though, wishing “The Curse” on her! I hope she feels better, though, and doesn’t pass the cold over to you and the hubs! Vitamin C and hand sanitizer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
Hey Karen --- I totally agree with Photopass being worth every penny!! Even if I don't get anyone to share with me, it is still worth it to get all those ride pics and character dining pics. It would be up to Erin to see if she'd want to do the regular share. I just can't handle the stress of trying to get the ride and dining photos. Speaking of Erin, where the heck is she?? I'll have to message her on Facebook to see what's up.

Yeah, sorry I went MIA on you guys! I made a point of writing up my PTR post yesterday so that I could post it today! And I’ve spent my lunch hour catching up on PTRs and TRs – and I’m still not done! I have to find a way to sneak the DIS into my day like I used to!

Disney Every Day - An October 2014 PTR
Tink-erin-belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #142
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Wow&.. what a difference a day makes!!!

Great news is that Victoria went to school today and so far has made it for the entire day. Im thinking with only 30 minutes left of the day, she will. Im getting out at 3pm to take her to her doctors for a med check. I think the dosage she is on right now is perfect. Im anxious to see what the doctor says. Should be a nice visit.

As for me, well I went to the doctors today, too. About 3 months ago Cutie had stepped on my second toe of my right foot. It hurt off and on, but nothing too bad. Well, 2 days ago it started becoming swollen, painful and red. Since I am diabetic, I dont take chances with my feet, so I called this morning and got right in. Apparently I have a skin infection in its early stages. Im supposed to keep it as elevated as I can and take antibiotics for 7 days. I also wanted it taken care of now as Ill be doing a lot of walking next Friday!!!

Oh how I hate Southwest Air right now! The flight we are looking at to take down to Orlando in August just went up in points by 1,320 per person from yesterday!! Now it might even take LONGER before I can switch the ressies and have enough points. What the heck, SW??!! Grrrrr! Maybe there will be another decrease within a few months. I can always hope, right?

Now I am so glad Patricia asked how my chickens are!! My hen, LB is now brooding!!! For those of you who dont know what that is (I had to google it myself) brooding is when the mama hen sits on her eggs. There are 3 under her right now. She only gets up for short periods of time to eat, drink and go potty. Its really pretty interesting to read about it. So, I may have 3 baby chicks in 21 days. Well see. The eggs should all be fertilized since we have 2 roosters. Ok, well one definite rooster  Roo, and the other one Dan, well, we will just call him confused! Lets just say Dan believes hes a hen and tries to lay eggs and doesnt try to have his way with the other hens. Yep, hes just confused! Heres a pic of LB brooding! You can tell by the look on her face that she wants to be left ALONE!

Yes, for those that have asked, I will definitely be writing a mini trip report about our Playlist Live weekend. Are you kidding??!! Did anyone really doubt that? Again, I cant believe that its NEXT FRIDAY!!! I really hope I can walk without pain by then!
Old 03-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #143
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Hurrah for Victoria's period... (wow... those are words I never thought I'd string together ) but that's awesome... Not so awesome her feeling sick... I hope she feels much better soon... )

I'm glad you're getting to escape the cold in Maine to Florida... (wow... it's been a rough one for you ... hasn't it...?)

I was laughing about the Magic Express... It's like a Pavlovian response... you get to the Orlando Airport and you want your Magic Express bus...

I assume you will be writing all of this up of course?

(btw... how are the chickens? I though of you today cause Eric knows someone who just got a half a dozen chickens... and I told him I knew someone who had chickens too... and then well you know... I had to explain ... Dis thing... but he's kind of used to it by now... .lol....
I know what you mean about saying you are happy someone gets their period. Just doesn't seem right, does it? Like I just posted, I will definitely be writing about our weekend. I'm soooo excited! I can't wait to do the Pick a Pearl in DTD and see Wishes! After I get my Disney in, the rest of the weekend can be relaxing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonMomToWDW View Post
Wow. Only one more week and you will get to be in sunshine and Orlando. I hope you have a great time.

Good for Victoria's cycle. I have had to take medicine before to get them going and it really does make you feel off. BTW - when it has been awhile for me and I do finally start, I have stomach virus like symptoms all the time. So, what Victoria has might not be catching. I have severe nausea and fever and chills with some of mine. So, I feel for her. Good news though, she should be past it and able to enjoy her trip.
Hi Shannon!! Can you believe it's only one week away?? I can remember when it was just an idea rolling around in Victoria's head. I get paid on Wednesday, too, so that's perfect for having money for the trip. The one thing I did miss-plan is the restaurant.com gift certificates. I thought that if we had a $100 gift certificate, we could purchase $100 worth of food. Nope. Apparently, the gc's have to be 1/2 of the total price. For example, if you think you will be ordering $100 of food, you can only have one $50 gift certificate. It says right on the gc that's there's a minimum $100 purchase and only one gc per table. So, the three places I have gc to I will have to pay $50 out of pocket plus tip. NOT what I was hoping to do. Ugh! Oh well. Live and learn. At least it's some discount, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-erin-belle View Post
I like the idea you had of doing the monorail loop when you’re in Orlando in a few days! Whoa! You’re going to be there in a few days! I’m sure Victoria is excited, too! I like the backpack you made! I’m glad Victoria liked it. Ah, the dreaded “I want to dress like a boy” phase! I remember going through it myself! Boy’s clothes are just so much more comfortable! Even now, I like to shop in the boy’s section for shorts and unisex things like that because they have all of the cute patterns! I am a sucker for plaid! I’m glad she got some clothes that both of you could agree on, though. I was thinking the same thing about PhotoPass Plus. I would like to do a share, but I would only feel comfortable if I had the Plus part to myself because I am a control freak Not because I wouldn’t trust you or whoever I did the share with, but because I would be unreasonably anxious about something going wrong

It looks like it was warmer in your neck of the woods yesterday than it was in Virginia! I hope the Orlando weather warms up for you a little bit, but the hot tub should be nice regardless! That’s kind of weird that your hotel only goes to DTD at 6:45. Not exactly flexible! Your plans for your first day in Orlando sound really good! You found some great rates for your flight! I haven’t been able to find anything that low yet! I hope you’re able to make the switch easily when the time comes. I’m glad to hear that Victoria’s cycle went well this month! I hope it does continue! I feel like a traitor to the female gender though, wishing “The Curse” on her! I hope she feels better, though, and doesn’t pass the cold over to you and the hubs! Vitamin C and hand sanitizer!

Yeah, sorry I went MIA on you guys! I made a point of writing up my PTR post yesterday so that I could post it today! And I’ve spent my lunch hour catching up on PTRs and TRs – and I’m still not done! I have to find a way to sneak the DIS into my day like I used to!
Yep, I am a total control freak, too, regarding the Photopass Plus, so it's best that you and I don't share. As much as I would trust you, too, I would worry way too much. Yes, I did read your update and I will have to respond when I get home.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #144
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME???!!!!

Yep.....MORE STUPID SNOW!!! Really, Mother Nature, really??? Dont you think weve had enough!! The lawns are finally clear of snow and you decide to do this??!!!!

Arrrggggg!!!!! and yes folks, I'm in the 10 - 15" range!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #145
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I know that you're more than ready for Spring to arrive! I don't see how ya'll live with all that cold weather. (insert shivering smiley face here)

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #146
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Ugh, I am SO SORRY. I'm DYING for spring and complaining about 40s and rainy, I cannot imagine if we were going to get that much more snow. I might go totally bonkers. I'm already feeling like my seasonal issues are pushing me over the edge. BUT...you will be in Florida soon!!!!!!
Twoboysnmygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #147
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME???!!!!

Yep.....MORE STUPID SNOW!!! Really, Mother Nature, really??? Dont you think weve had enough!! The lawns are finally clear of snow and you decide to do this??!!!!

Arrrggggg!!!!! and yes folks, I'm in the 10 - 15" range!!!
Wait.....your lawns are clear?? But but but...you are NORTH of me and mine still have lots and lots of snow on them. I can see the top of our well, but it is even with the top (maybe about a foot off the ground). Not happy about this forecast Poor Bradey will be going to school the whole month of June if this keeps up. Good luck tomorrow...and Wednesday, looks like it will be ending later up there.

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
solana131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #148
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

I'm LOVING this winter! (SARCASM).

First day of spring tomorrow! Chicago weather- 27 with a 0 degree windchill!

I will say- THANK GOODNESS I'M BOARDING A PLANE TO ARIZONA tomorrow.

Oh, did I scream that? Sorry... am just REALLY happy to be going to 85 degree SUNNY weather.

Enough Winter already!!!!!!!
Tinker326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #149
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Enough winter....I am so ready for Spring!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: