Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #16
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyEeyore View Post
I'm here! We really want to go to WWoHP someday. We live 2 1/2 hours away, maybe we can plan a time for us to come down and meet you! Can't wait for more of your PTR.

Oh, and bowties ARE cool! Love the smilie. Ashlyn and I took a picture during our trip to Epcot last week with fezes on. I put it up on my family blog saying "oh, and we wear fezes now... fezes are cool." No one got it.
A Dis meet up would be great!

Alas, those who don't understand that fezes and bowties are cool are really missing out.

It reminds me of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
We stayed onsite for the first time last June. It was amazing. We got a great rate using our AP's. With that comes the perks of unlimited express pass and early entry into WWoHP. It was so nice not having to wait in a long line. Plus you are within walking distance to the parks. We used the water taxi a couple of times but found it faster to walk back to the Portofino Bay Hotel.
Yep, I've looked at all that info but I'm on the fence about the value of early entry and UEP in mid September. What time of year did you go?
-Hope- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:34 AM   #17
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Shopping already...

A mini update about the fabulous find I just had to buy even though our trip is more than a year out.

I found these collapsible water bottles at our local Big Lots for $1!!

For those unfamiliar with the dark side these are a must for a trip to UO. Some of the rides don't allow any sort of loose objects such as backpacks, camera bags, water bottles, etc. You have to wait in line to put your stuff in a locker (which is free during the ride but still a pain), wait in line for the ride, and then wait in line to retrieve your stuff after the ride!

I've read that fanny packs are acceptable so we'll each have one and these handy dandy water bottles will be perfect because...

When empty they roll up and are nearly flat!

And even though they are collapsible they still stand on their own when full...

I've looked at these on Amazon and even though they were a bit pricey I was going to get some for us. When I spotted them for a buck I just couldn't pass them up! I'm afraid of them getting a hole or something before our trip so we're not using them and I just have them stashed in the closet. At some point we'll also need fanny packs (ugh) to put them in. I'm on the lookout for those now because they seem like a summer item to me so they might be on sale.

Like I said, a mini update- life is a bit crazy right now and I'm not spending nearly as much time at home as I normally do but I promise there will be a real update soon!

Last edited by -Hope-; 09-13-2012 at 08:07 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #18
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
A mini update about the fabulous find I just had to buy even though our trip is more than a year out.

I found these collapsible water bottles at our local Big Lots for $1!!

For those unfamiliar with the dark side these are a must for a trip to UO. Some of the rides don't allow any sort of loose objects such as backpacks, camera bags, water bottles, etc. You have to wait in line to put your stuff in a locker (which is free during the ride but still a pain), wait in line for the ride, and then wait in line to retrieve your stuff after the ride!

I've read that fanny packs are acceptable so we'll each have one and these handy dandy water bottles will be perfect because...

When empty they roll up and are nearly flat!

And even though they are collapsible they still stand on their own when full...

I've looked at these on Amazon and even though they were a bit pricey I was going to get some for us. When I spotted them for a buck I just couldn't pass them up! I'm afraid of them getting a hole or something before our trip so we're not using them and I just have them stashed in the closet. At some point we'll also need fanny packs (ugh) to put them in. I'm on the lookout for those now because they seem like a summer item to me so they might be on sale.

Like I said, a mini update- life is a bit crazy right now and I'm not spending nearly as much time at home as I normally do but I promise there will be a real updated soon!
I have a couple fanny packs you can borrow, if you are interested in saving some money on something you probably won't use again! One of them is AK with mickey on it, so you may not be interested in that, but the other is black with skulls. I was trying to get one that looked cooler than the normal fanny pack. Note to self: you cannot MAKE a fanny pack look cool, doesn't matter how many skulls are on it!

and OMG, those waterbottles are COOL!!!!!!
Twoboysnmygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:53 AM   #19
BabyEeyore
DIS Veteran

I love that ecard. My feelings exactly.

Those collapsible water bottles are so cool! Great find!

DH and me: DD (4): Ali: Prim:

Multiple trips as a kid (DL) & lots of day trips to WDW as an adult
Off-site: First trip with DH and DD, WDW Nov. 2008
Pop Century: Oct. 2009, March 2010
POFQ: Sept. 2010 (MNSSHP), Jan. 2011
CBR: Sept. 2011 (MNSSHP)
Art of Animation: Sept. 2012 (MNSSHP)
BabyEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #20
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
I have a couple fanny packs you can borrow, if you are interested in saving some money on something you probably won't use again! One of them is AK with mickey on it, so you may not be interested in that, but the other is black with skulls. I was trying to get one that looked cooler than the normal fanny pack. Note to self: you cannot MAKE a fanny pack look cool, doesn't matter how many skulls are on it!

and OMG, those waterbottles are COOL!!!!!!
Oh, yeah, we'll borrow those! We took a TAZ bag to Disney (he lives at Six Flags and the bag check attendant told Kya she was at the wrong park ) so taking Mickey to UO should be okay. I bet Mickey is a secret Potterhead and really wants to go anyway...

Quote:

Those collapsible water bottles are so cool! Great find!
Old 09-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #21
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

We went in June and definitely needed Early Entry and Unlimited Express Pass. Not sure about September, we have never been during that time. I broke down and bought a fanny pack for our trip. I got a Vera Bradley one. I was able to ride all rides, including Forbidden Journey with it. I think as long as you have the 3 pronged clasp, they won't make you take it off.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:56 PM   #22
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom
We went in June and definitely needed Early Entry and Unlimited Express Pass. Not sure about September, we have never been during that time. I broke down and bought a fanny pack for our trip. I got a Vera Bradley one. I was able to ride all rides, including Forbidden Journey with it. I think as long as you have the 3 pronged clasp, they won't make you take it off.
I probably wouldn't even consider staying offsite in June! I'm still up in the air- my next update will probably be about my conflicting reasoning and trying to make that decision.

I'd have never thought to check how many prongs are on the clasp of the fanny pack! Thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #23
Tink2Day
Mouseketeer

We didn't find the lockers to be that big of a pain. We went a few months after WWoHP opened. Maybe the cold weather kept the crowds lower?

Remember though that at least the WWoHP FJ is a tight squeeze, I think it's to keep people from flying off their 'brooms' I had a cellphone case on my belt and the lapbar nearly killed me. Think I still have the imprint

Love your bottles too!

p.s. HP has ALWAYS been cool!
Tink2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #24
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink2Day
We didn't find the lockers to be that big of a pain. We went a few months after WWoHP opened. Maybe the cold weather kept the crowds lower?

Remember though that at least the WWoHP FJ is a tight squeeze, I think it's to keep people from flying off their 'brooms' I had a cellphone case on my belt and the lapbar nearly killed me. Think I still have the imprint

Love your bottles too!

p.s. HP has ALWAYS been cool!
We should have low crowds so maybe the lockers wouldn't be a huge deal. I'm not sure- but when it comes to keeping everyone happy I usually try to err on the side of caution.

As for the tight squeeze, I'm working toward being considerably smaller for that very reason but hadn't really thought about the fanny pack adding to that issue. Leaves me with some thinking to do on that! Thanks for mentioning- I'm pretty good at problem solving outside the moment but in the moment I might have just had a meltdown. :

And yes, HP was always cool. I should've said mom knew he was cool before I did.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #25
jodi90
Mouseketeer

Love that you started your PTR! We are planning a one (maybe two) day trip to Universal next February. I'm excited to see your plans.

I've been to WWoHP once last December. It was awesome!!!
Old 09-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #26
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi90
Love that you started your PTR! We are planning a one (maybe two) day trip to Universal next February. I'm excited to see your plans.

I've been to WWoHP once last December. It was awesome!!!
Did you only visit IOA on your last trip? Any tips or hints?

Honestly, I'm so excited for WWoHP I wouldn't care if we did nothing else on this trip!
Old 09-14-2012, 11:48 PM   #27
niffer5150
Mouseketeer

Quote:
stetsons are cooler.
ecards are so humany wumany.
niffer5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #28
jodi90
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
Did you only visit IOA on your last trip? Any tips or hints?

Honestly, I'm so excited for WWoHP I wouldn't care if we did nothing else on this trip!
Actually I've only been to WWoHP. I went the Dis Unplugged Podcast Party last December. We got to go in after the park was closed and it was just us. About 700 or so people. It was awesome to see the park without it being super crowded. I love it!! I'm a huge Harry Potter fan so I'm sure I'm a bit biased but it was spectacular. My only complaint was the stores were small on the inside. They were really authentic but tiny. The stuff in the stores was pretty expensive but it is a theme park.

I didn't get the opportunity to ride Forbidden Journey but I'm hoping to change that next February. The ride isn't designed for people who are bigger and I fit into that category so I couldn't ride it. Hopefully by February I will be able too.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #29
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Actually I've only been to WWoHP. I went the Dis Unplugged Podcast Party last December. We got to go in after the park was closed and it was just us. About 700 or so people. It was awesome to see the park without it being super crowded. I love it!! I'm a huge Harry Potter fan so I'm sure I'm a bit biased but it was spectacular. My only complaint was the stores were small on the inside. They were really authentic but tiny. The stuff in the stores was pretty expensive but it is a theme park.

I didn't get the opportunity to ride Forbidden Journey but I'm hoping to change that next February. The ride isn't designed for people who are bigger and I fit into that category so I couldn't ride it. Hopefully by February I will be able too.
Good luck! I've been working on losing weight for exactly the same reason. I know they've added the seats at the ends for larger guests but I'm determined to ride a regular broom!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #30
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh, and going to the unplugged party sounds amazing!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: