Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 11:55 PM   #1
Choozee
Mouseketeer

My little attempt at a pre-trip report cuz we are leaving in 2 days woohoo!

I have always enjoyed reading trip reports, pre trip reports and would like to try a go at it. Be gentle on me.
About 3 months ago I started planning a vacation and because my first grand baby just moved here (Pensacola) from Kansas about 6 months ago ( she turned 2 in July) I have been begging my daughter to let me take DGD to Disney. My DD told me no. DD said DGD is too young. So, I said okay then and began planning on just DH and myself going on a cruise. We decided to leave out of Port Canaveral so why not spend a few days at US and IOA. We like those parks better than Disney and this will be my 4th time and DHs 2nd. Disney once.
The hunt for the good deal always thrills me! I find that I read, research, search, plan, think, replan, and read again everything I can while planning a trip. I know that no vacation works out exactly as planned and I try not to over plan but let's face it, I get 9 days a year vacation and I cannot fit all my wishes into 9 days! So, I hit the mother load when I found this forum! You all have got this stuff figured out down to a science and I am grateful!
DIS convinced me that staying on site is the only way to enjoy a fun filled yet relaxing vaca. And because I travel in the off season, prices are good too. ++
This is how we afford it. We put back $50 a week towards a vaca. That usually gives us about $2400 to $3000. Total. We can drive to Orlando. 8 hour drive. I figure $300 round trip. 3 nights at PBR :O YEAH! $600. 3 day park hopper tickets $300. Blue Man Group, we have never seen them, 2 tickets $100. Splurge on a nice dinner at the Palm because Sept happens to be food month in Orlando and we can get a 3 course high end meal 2 for $66 + tip. Right b add a couple hundred for extras and food and we are good to go! Short cruise, cheap $511 total. FREE $ 350 on board credit from earning points on my CC. Yep, we can do this.
Oh wait a minute, my DD wants to come?! And DGD can come now too! What?! You've got vacation days you need to use? C'mon then! OMG! MNSSHP is happening too! Lets go!...Barney will be dancing in the park, Suess Land... Little happy faces! A character breakfast !!! I can't stop planning! Pool hop, butter beer, breakfast at Broomsticks, eat at Mythos, Jurassic park! mummy! Child swap! Agggghhhh!
We leave day after tomorrow
Choozee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:10 AM   #2
hobbes493
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choozee View Post
I have always enjoyed reading trip reports, pre trip reports and would like to try a go at it. Be gentle on me.
About 3 months ago I started planning a vacation and because my first grand baby just moved here (Pensacola) from Kansas about 6 months ago ( she turned 2 in July) I have been begging my daughter to let me take DGD to Disney. My DD told me no. DD said DGD is too young. So, I said okay then and began planning on just DH and myself going on a cruise. We decided to leave out of Port Canaveral so why not spend a few days at US and IOA. We like those parks better than Disney and this will be my 4th time and DHs 2nd. Disney once.
The hunt for the good deal always thrills me! I find that I read, research, search, plan, think, replan, and read again everything I can while planning a trip. I know that no vacation works out exactly as planned and I try not to over plan but let's face it, I get 9 days a year vacation and I cannot fit all my wishes into 9 days! So, I hit the mother load when I found this forum! You all have got this stuff figured out down to a science and I am grateful!
DIS convinced me that staying on site is the only way to enjoy a fun filled yet relaxing vaca. And because I travel in the off season, prices are good too. ++
This is how we afford it. We put back $50 a week towards a vaca. That usually gives us about $2400 to $3000. Total. We can drive to Orlando. 8 hour drive. I figure $300 round trip. 3 nights at PBR :O YEAH! $600. 3 day park hopper tickets $300. Blue Man Group, we have never seen them, 2 tickets $100. Splurge on a nice dinner at the Palm because Sept happens to be food month in Orlando and we can get a 3 course high end meal 2 for $66 + tip. Right b add a couple hundred for extras and food and we are good to go! Short cruise, cheap $511 total. FREE $ 350 on board credit from earning points on my CC. Yep, we can do this.
Oh wait a minute, my DD wants to come?! And DGD can come now too! What?! You've got vacation days you need to use? C'mon then! OMG! MNSSHP is happening too! Lets go!...Barney will be dancing in the park, Suess Land... Little happy faces! A character breakfast !!! I can't stop planning! Pool hop, butter beer, breakfast at Broomsticks, eat at Mythos, Jurassic park! mummy! Child swap! Agggghhhh!
We leave day after tomorrow
Looking toward to hearing about your trip, have a great time with your family.
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2013, 06:42 AM   #3
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Lol, you're too funny! I'm a planner too. I know it isn't as necessary at UO as it is for a WDW trip but I can't help myself!

You have a great trip planned and I'm excited to read all about it.

Last edited by -Hope-; 09-14-2013 at 01:00 PM.
-Hope- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #4
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Have an incredible trip!!! Look forward to hearing about it when you return.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #5
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Enjoy your trip and seeing all the wonder through your grandbaby's eyes.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: