Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #1471
msyjoa
MJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli View Post
QUESTION OF THE DAY

So it's August, and the sun will be out shinning bright. Do you bring spay sun screen or the old lotion kind? Do you have a SPF level minimum you use? Any favorite brands?

I like the spray brand for the ease, but I do worry it is not as effective as the lotion. My dh is Hawaiian, and DD has a good bit of tan year round, but I'm ghostly, so I always wear 50!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #1472
thetorit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
QUESTION OF THE DAY

So it's August, and the sun will be out shinning bright. Do you bring spay sun screen or the old lotion kind? Do you have a SPF level minimum you use? Any favorite brands?

I am photosensitive due to meds, so I am really worried about burning.
Both of my children are extremely fair skinned, so I use the lotion before getting them dressed in the morning, and then re-apply with the spray during the day. The highest SPF we can find!
I'll be looking for cute hats for my son, he's still lacking a bit in the hair department and will need something to cover his head. My daughter will be protected by her tiara, right?

Jun '14 - ASMo
Aug '13 - AoA
May '07 - POP
Sep '94 - Swan
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #1473
amomma23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
QUESTION OF THE DAY

The whole family uses water babies pure and simple lotion. Most sprays have yucky chemicals that can be worse for you than a sunburn. Plus I don't like all that stuff blowing around and getting in your lungs.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #1474
sahmoffour
Mouseketeer

I'm not as stressed for this trip since it's just dh and I, but we'll still use the spray kind, at least 40 or higher SPF. No favorite brand really, whatever's cheapest will do for me! I'm not too worried though as the trip will be at the end of summer, and I always get really tanned since I spend so much time outside and in the garden so I'll already have a good tan going so I shouldn't burn as easily.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #1475
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
QUESTION OF THE DAY

We bought Banana Boat sunscreen with an SPF of 100 for last August's trip at our local Walmart. I will be looking for something similar for this year's getaway. We are three pasty-skinned Canadians who need all the help we can get .

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899
Old 04-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #1476
rabeck
Earning My Ears

Quote:
QUESTION OF THE DAY

I burn easily due to my medication, besides the fact that I'm very fair. I've already burned 2 days this spring - it's only been sunny 2 days in southeastern PA so far this spring. My SPF is now with me everywhere I go from now until October....I use any # SPF, because as long as I reapply, I won't get burned. Reapplication is the key!!!

I have a face lotion and I use a spray on the rest. Neutrogena is best for my sensitive skin - I've already stocked up at Costco.
DL: too many to count 1988-1996, August 2012, planning July 2014
WDW: February 2001, March 2006, August 2013
Old 04-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #1477
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
QUESTION OF THE DAY

My bf and I are both very pale and burn super easily! We also both have a fair amount of tattoos. We went in June last year and brought 100 SPF lotion to put directly on our tattoos and I think 50 SPF spray and were constantly reapplying. Neither of us burned at all (I don't even think I got a tan!)!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #1478
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmoffour View Post
Man, I just got an email from Touring Plans saying they updated the crowd levels and best/worst parks during our stay and now I'm stressed! I can't change dining reservations around anyways, and I also look at Easy WDW's calendars but it still stresses me when we're hitting a couple of the worst parks (as rated by TP) on a couple of our days. I wonder why they updated their site? Maybe because of the discount that was just released? Final park hours don't get released until a month before or something correct? So it shouldn't be that.
Don't stress!!!

Last year we made several ADR's at the 180 mark, then of course best/worst parks all changed as crowd levels were updated. I felt like I was always checking and trying to rearrange my schedule and second guessing which park to go to.

Well for the most part, we ended up spending the day at worst parks because of our ADR's, but we ended up having an amazing time anyways!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #1479
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
We bought Banana Boat sunscreen with an SPF of 100 for last August's trip at our local Walmart. I will be looking for something similar for this year's getaway. We are three pasty-skinned Canadians who need all the help we can get .
Wow...I didn't even realize they made SPF of 100. I usually buy Banana Boat 60. I am going to grab me some tubes of 100 (for my pasty family)!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:38 PM   #1480
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli
QUESTION OF THE DAY

I have pale Paddy skin as I call it so sunscreen is a must! I normally get around 50. I'm paranoid. My kids & husband don't have the same issue. We normally use the spray on kind.

Do you put the extra sunscreen on the tattoos so they don't fade? Trying to find reasons that might motivate my husband to wear some! His precious tattoos might do it!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ

Last edited by lovingeire; 04-05-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:02 AM   #1481
poohlover4life
Mouseketeer

Quote:
QUESTION OF THE DAY

I am a huge fan of my spray on stuff lol. I know it goes on evenly and drys nice and quick. I even found one that the lid locks so I can pack an open one and not have to waste any or worry about it exploding in my bags I also tend to lean toward a higher spf. I am pasty and that's good, I will never be tan and that's not bad, there's no one i'd rather be than me, lol thank you Wreck it Ralph!
Old 04-05-2013, 06:08 AM   #1482
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post

Do you put the extra sunscreen on the tattoos so they don't fade? Trying to find reasons that might motivate my husband to wear some! His previous tattoos might do it!
Yup! Sun is one of the worst things for tattoos! We're very careful to make sure that they are as protected as possible.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #1483
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
QUESTION OF THE DAY

While I am a fan of the convenience of the spray, the chemicals in them have me using lotions. Just one word of warning I learned the hard way lol...make sure you do your initial spray inside, or rub it in completely. Outdoors the wind will carry the spray and you will have some strange streaks of burnt skin mixed in with your pasty white skin

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 04-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #1484
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiebee View Post
Yup! Sun is one of the worst things for tattoos! We're very careful to make sure that they are as protected as possible.
Good to know! I only have one and always wear sunscreen so I never thought about it, but I'm going to try to bribe him into wearing sunscreen with this info! He has a lot and is always getting new ones so he should protect those investments!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 04-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #1485
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
QUESTION OF THE DAY

I like the spray kind. I try to get the highest we can so the kids don't get crispy.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: