Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 09:18 AM   #1411
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli View Post
Question of the Day

Are you hoping for Free Dinning? If it's available will you partake? If so, will you upgrade?
It would be nice if we could get it. We're staying at AoA LM so we would have to upgrade to a suite or move to Pop or a Mod to get it. I'd like to move to a suite at AoA if I could but would need FD to fit it into the budget this year. I'm not holding my breath on it though. I think that some promotion will happen but I don't think FD will be it.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

Next trip -
Old 03-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #1412
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Question of the Day

Are you hoping for Free Dinning? If it's available will you partake? If so, will you upgrade?
In general I would love FD, but on this particular trip, we would do better with a room discount like the one just announced. We are doing a split stay with the BC/Poly. The BC portion was booked with the *** deal, and is saving us more than FD or a RO discount would. The Poly portion is a RO at this point. But the tickets are attached to the BC portion and good for our whole trip. So, if FD became available, we would only be able to use it on the Poly portion, (four nights) and we'd have to purchase additional tickets. We have two rooms at Poly so a 30% off would be much better for us.

Which means....given my typical luck....you will all be enjoying free dining at the end of August this year

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #1413
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Question of the Day

Since we are staying offsite, the answer for us is no.

We would rather pay for all meals OOP and keep our 1300 square foot, 2 bed/2 bath villa than cram into a small room and have free dining. Plus, we don't need the theme park tickets (we are waterparking on this trip ) so its definitely not an offer to fit our family.

I can sure see how it woud benefit most folks, though. And have my fingers crossed that you will all be able to benefit from a great promotion for our travel dates!!!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Old 03-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #1414
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Question of the Day

We already have free dining as part of a bounceback, so I am hoping for a room-only discount for late August. I would like to add an extra night at a moderate or deluxe. If a discount doesn't come out, we will probably add an extra night at AoA Little Mermaid, since it doesn't seem to be part of discounts anyway. I'll be bummed if late August offers don't come out for awhile!

Building memories, one Disney vacation at a time!

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR),
2011 Sep (Disney Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Disney Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 November (CBR, HHI)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, Cabins (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, Poly, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: OKW, AKL, SSR)
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
Old 03-30-2013, 07:00 AM   #1415
Loreli
Mouseketeer

To answer my own QOTD, which I forgot to do, we are staying at AoA LM and knew from the start they would likely not be in on a free Dinning offer..but I really wanted to stay there. If the $ works out and upgrading to a AoA suite for FD is a go then we have to decide if we want to give up all of our ADRs as the FD would be QS, not DDP. I doubt that upgrading the room and the food plan would come out to what we are currently paying.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #1416
succorso1
Earning My Ears

Hey guys, we are at AoA LM August 12-19 and with the new discount we think we want to move to a moderate resort. We are in Canada so we cannot get the Disney Visa, so have to to wait for the Public offer. Do you guys think it will be hard to move to a moderate on that day due to availability?

If so, I wonder if I could call and upgrade to the moderate today at normal rates, and then when the discount is made public this week call and get it applied. Would this work?

Thanks
Old 03-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #1417
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by succorso1 View Post
Hey guys, we are at AoA LM August 12-19 and with the new discount we think we want to move to a moderate resort. We are in Canada so we cannot get the Disney Visa, so have to to wait for the Public offer. Do you guys think it will be hard to move to a moderate on that day due to availability?

If so, I wonder if I could call and upgrade to the moderate today at normal rates, and then when the discount is made public this week call and get it applied. Would this work?

Thanks
You should be able to move. You also can move now and then have the discount applied later.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

Next trip -
Old 03-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #1418
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

QOTD - Are you hoping that MagicBands will be available for our August trips?

My family is. We had KTTW cards with lanyards last year and the kids wouldn't keep theirs on half the time so my wife and I wound up with them. Add to that I had the PP+ card and I was carrying around a ton of stuff. Much rather have the RFID band that includes my room keys, park tickets, charge card and PP+ all together.

Next trip -
Old 03-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #1419
flnngn2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post

My family is. We had KTTW cards with lanyards last year and the kids wouldn't keep theirs on half the time so my wife and I wound up with them. Add to that I had the PP+ card and I was carrying around a ton of stuff. Much rather have the RFID band that includes my room keys, park tickets, charge card and PP+ all together.
I do hope that they are available for this trip, but I'm not that optimistic!
Old 03-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #1420
ngingery
Earning My Ears

Hello,

I'm new here
I'm taking my 5 yr DD for her first trip. We are going August 11-16
Old 03-30-2013, 01:55 PM   #1421
thetorit
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I hope so! My husband forgets EVERYTHING, so having it on his wrist would be a big help

Me & DH DD(4) DS(1)
Old 03-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #1422
thetorit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngingery View Post
Hello,

I'm new here
I'm taking my 5 yr DD for her first trip. We are going August 11-16
I'm taking my 4 year old DD for her first trip at the end of August! I think this is such a great age to start the magic!

Me & DH DD(4) DS(1)
Old 03-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #1423
chuckinthechat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Absolutely! I love technology like this, it is quite literally what everyone thought would happen in the future (Just touching your wrist to do things) and the fact it will just make everything easier when it comes to checking in. I can't wait for it to happen
Old 03-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #1424
JavArmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope they are!! Who doesn't love a free Disney bracelet?? Plus this is my first trip with my mom and I want to show her how cool everything is when you take a disney trip the "right" way. We went to disney when I was about 13 and my parents just didn't get into it they way my family does now. I'm excited for her to get the whole experiance!!

My only concern is that we are going on the military discount, so we have a room and dining plan, but no park tickets with our package. I hope this wouldn't delay us in geting the magic bands if others with packages are getting them I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

On a different note, we have our phones with t-mobile and our contract isn't over until October and I really wanted to get an iphone before we went to disney so I could get cool disney accessories (my phone stinks for this sort of thing). We looked into canceling our contract, but it would be a total of $400 for me and my husband to do it. Anyway...I just heard today that t-mobile is coming out with the iphone in April!!! So we are gonna look into it and see if it is something we can pull off!

Old 03-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #1425
thetorit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavArmy View Post
I hope they are!! Who doesn't love a free Disney bracelet?? Plus this is my first trip with my mom and I want to show her how cool everything is when you take a disney trip the "right" way. We went to disney when I was about 13 and my parents just didn't get into it they way my family does now. I'm excited for her to get the whole experiance!!

My only concern is that we are going on the military discount, so we have a room and dining plan, but no park tickets with our package. I hope this wouldn't delay us in geting the magic bands if others with packages are getting them I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
When I talked to the Travel & Leisure Center on our post, they said once we buy our military tickets that we can call Disney and have them "linked" to our trip!

Me & DH DD(4) DS(1)
Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: