Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #1396
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetorit View Post
If the free dining promotion were to start in the middle of a trip, could you usually still get it for those days? Or would you have to make separate reservations?
You would have to make separate reservations because promotions are based on arrival dates. If you check-in during the offer dates, you can extend the offer to the end of your vacation, even if your vacation extends past the offer dates. However, you can't check-in before the promotion begins and receive the special offer for the length of your vacation, even if part of your vacation falls within the offer dates. Hopefully, that makes sense!

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, FW Cabins)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, Poly, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: HHI, Vero
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct, Nov (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Dec)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report

Last edited by ThereYouSeeHer; 03-28-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #1397
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If the free dining promotion were to start in the middle of a trip, could you usually still get it for those days? Or would you have to make separate reservations?
You would need a separate reservation with at least a one day ticket.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #1398
thetorit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYouSeeHer View Post
You would have to make separate reservations because promotions are based on arrival dates. If you check-in during the offer dates, you can extend the offer to the end of your vacation, even if your vacation extends past the offer dates. However, you can't check-in before the promotion begins and receive the special offer for the length of your vacation, even if part of your vacation falls within the offer dates. Hopefully, that makes sense!
It made sense! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
You would need a separate reservation with at least a one day ticket.
I wonder how that would work for military. I was able to get the dining plan without park tickets (because we get the military salute tickets) so I wonder if I could get free dining without park tickets?
If not I guess we'd just HAVE to buy a days worth of tickets and stay an extra day

Jun '14 - ASMo
Aug '13 - AoA
May '07 - POP
Sep '94 - Swan
Old 03-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #1399
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

Mousesavers has posted the following: NEW for Disney’s Visa cardholders: Walt Disney World vacation package offer - save up to 30% on your room, plus get discounted 4-day through 10-day tickets, for travel 6/13/13 – 8/14/13. Can also be booked as room only discount without the ticket savings.
I wonder what the ticket savings are? Has anyone booked yet?
Old 03-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #1400
flnngn2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstomrice View Post
Mousesavers has posted the following: NEW for Disney’s Visa cardholders: Walt Disney World vacation package offer - save up to 30% on your room, plus get discounted 4-day through 10-day tickets, for travel 6/13/13 – 8/14/13. Can also be booked as room only discount without the ticket savings.
I wonder what the ticket savings are? Has anyone booked yet?
I just called and used the PIN to adjust my existing reservation. It took awhile for the rep to find the right code since it was am existing reservation. Turned out she had to switch it to a different room category, to get the discount to work. Saved us over $680 @ the YC.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #1401
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flnngn2

I just called and used the PIN to adjust my existing reservation. It took awhile for the rep to find the right code since it was am existing reservation. Turned out she had to switch it to a different room category, to get the discount to work. Saved us over $680 @ the YC.
Is your pin the same as the visa discount? What dates does it cover?
Old 03-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #1402
flnngn2
Mouseketeer

The PIN was a little different from the one on the email. That PiN is for the general public. She had to do a little investigation to find the visa rewards one. The dates covered are 6/14-8/14 I think.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #1403
rabeck
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by flnngn2 View Post
The PIN was a little different from the one on the email. That PiN is for the general public. She had to do a little investigation to find the visa rewards one. The dates covered are 6/14-8/14 I think.
If you go to the Disney Rewards card website, it will give you the code for cardholders to use. You have until April 2nd before it goes out to the general public.
DL: too many to count 1988-1996, August 2012, planning July 2014
WDW: February 2001, March 2006, August 2013
Old 03-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #1404
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Question of the Day

Are you hoping for Free Dinning? If it's available will you partake? If so, will you upgrade?
Old 03-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #1405
chuckinthechat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli View Post
Question of the Day

Are you hoping for Free Dinning? If it's available will you partake? If so, will you upgrade?
Hoping for, sure the likelyhood of it being available and being applicable to my resort, very low. So that being said I got the DDP anyway and paid for it
Old 03-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #1406
thetorit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Question of the Day

Yes, yes, and no. I would love free dining, and if it is offered we're adding 4 people to our trip!!

Jun '14 - ASMo
Aug '13 - AoA
May '07 - POP
Sep '94 - Swan
Old 03-28-2013, 11:27 PM   #1407
Whereisalyssa
Self Proclaimed Princess

my mom and I did some shopping today and picked up 2 pairs each of Teva sandals! :D 60% off!

Me(22) - Brother(19) - Mom - my DBF(21) - Boots(4) - Mittens(2) -

ICP Cast Member summer 2014
Old 03-29-2013, 06:00 AM   #1408
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereisalyssa View Post
my mom and I did some shopping today and picked up 2 pairs each of Teva sandals! :D 60% off!
Nice find!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:42 AM   #1409
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wonder how that would work for military. I was able to get the dining plan without park tickets (because we get the military salute tickets) so I wonder if I could get free dining without park tickets?
If not I guess we'd just HAVE to buy a days worth of tickets and stay an extra day
When we went in December we had to pick one or the other. For what it's worth, I found the cost to be pretty much the same for the two, although we saved a little money doing the military+dine and the 4-day military PH passes. The best part about using the military offer is I wasn't tied to certain dates. I would have had to change our reservation or have a separate package with the military rate if we'd done free dining. With the military rate I got the same savings and the dates I really wanted to travel. Plus, with free dining I would have had to purchase tickets as part of the package, and the military tickets are so much better. I think that is why it saved me so much to go with the military discount. Just my two cents, but if free dining does come out I would price out both options and see which one works best for your family.

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 03-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #1410
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Question of the Day

Free dining is great for business so I am hoping it, however for our family (a military family) we find that the military rate gives us the same, if not better savings so we will not personally partake.

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: