Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 05:08 AM   #1261
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Marie
Okay I just stumbled across this... We are going August 18-25...didn't think we could, but we are!!! Yay!!!! Can I join Team August?

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using DISBoards

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 03-15-2013, 05:42 AM   #1262
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amomma23

I have women's flips. Amazon has them. http://www.amazon.com/Montrail-Women...trail+molokini

The 5 fingers seem to be a love/hate thing with people. They feel different, yes but in the most wonderful way. If it was socially acceptable (and not gross) to walk around barefoot, I would. I have lousy knees and ankles from years of gymnastics and I feel very sure footed when I wear them.
It is very important to get the right size. They explain how to measure your feet on the Vibram website and you may wear a different size in different styles. The material around the toes is like a substantial pantyhose material . I don't notice it at all, but some people can't stand it.
They tell you to wear them for short outings and work up to all day wear. My legs were sore the first few times, just from using different muscles to walk. Now I love them.
I've been wanting to try these for a while. This may be a good excuse! How are they in the heat and if they get wet? I do like my feet to breathe and with those August thunderstorms I like a shoe that isn't going to be uncomfortable when it gets wet.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 05:44 AM   #1263
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by B's Marie
Okay I just stumbled across this... We are going August 18-25...didn't think we could, but we are!!! Yay!!!! Can I join Team August?
Welcome! You will be there the same time as us! Where are you staying? We will be at BC 8/18-8/23 ad Poly 8/23-8/27.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopn24seven
I just booked CBR for August 14-24, with a Bounce Back offer. 30% off.

pretty excited.
Welcome! Were you just there? What do the current BB Offers look like?

Old 03-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #1264
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Looking at the discounts thread and the historical discounts I think I'm out of luck on a discount for this year. I was kind of hoping for a FD discount so we could move into a suite at AoA but I don't think that's going to come out for the dates we're going. Last year we went the week of Thanksgiving and fell right between the discount windows (no surprise) and it's looking like the same will happen this year. The next promo ends on 8/14 and the one after that I'm guessing won't start until 8/25 if the past two years are any indication.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

Old 03-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #1265
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569 View Post
Looking at the discounts thread and the historical discounts I think I'm out of luck on a discount for this year. I was kind of hoping for a FD discount so we could move into a suite at AoA but I don't think that's going to come out for the dates we're going. Last year we went the week of Thanksgiving and fell right between the discount windows (no surprise) and it's looking like the same will happen this year. The next promo ends on 8/14 and the one after that I'm guessing won't start until 8/25 if the past two years are any indication.
We booked under a free dining bounceback that was valid for check-in dates of 8/18 and beyond. So it's possible they could release a public free dining offer for the same dates or ones close to it. I would still hold out hope!

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, FW Cabins)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, Poly, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: HHI, Vero
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct, Nov (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Dec)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
Old 03-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #1266
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYouSeeHer View Post
We booked under a free dining bounceback that was valid for check-in dates of 8/18 and beyond. So it's possible they could release a public free dining offer for the same dates or ones close to it. I would still hold out hope!
Yeah, I had that BB last year and didn't think we were going to be able to come so we didn't book it. I'm kicking myself now because it would've worked out well for this trip. We will look at the BB very closely on this trip. We're planning a return in June 2014 so I'm hoping that there will be a BB for then.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

Old 03-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #1267
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, I had that BB last year and didn't think we were going to be able to come so we didn't book it. I'm kicking myself now because it would've worked out well for this trip. We will look at the BB very closely on this trip. We're planning a return in June 2014 so I'm hoping that there will be a BB for then.
For some reason, I thought bouncebacks are not usually offered for June (because it's a peak season)? I've never traveled in June, so someone else may know better!

I saw that current bouncebacks at the resorts are for room-only discounts through the end of the year:

http://whatsupwiththemouse.com/walt-...e-back-offers/

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, FW Cabins)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, Poly, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: HHI, Vero
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct, Nov (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Dec)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
Old 03-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #1268
jdd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There were room only discounts for the entire month of August the last two years - it's just that the second half of the month didn't come out until May. Don't give up hope - I'm sure there will be something for the last half of August! (found these discounts on Mousesavers)
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR, Feb2015-CBR, Aug2015-PolyCL
Old 03-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #1269
chuckinthechat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel4569
Looking the same stuff I see the same thing however, It doesn't change my excitement at all, just makes it more budget conscious
Old 03-15-2013, 08:54 PM   #1270
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

I got my lime green Skechers Go Walks today! They seem super comfy! I'm going to wear them out and about for some errands tomorrow to see how they feel. I don't normally even like my feet in something and wear flip flops most of the time, but I figure this will keep the kids from stepping on my feet!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 03-16-2013, 07:12 AM   #1271
Loreli
Mouseketeer

QUESTION OF THE DAY
Has anyone ever had a dream about Disney?

Last night I dreamt that I was walking with my 2 daughters into MK, we were surprised to be there. It looked more like a small airport with a people mover and Disney posters. We were the only ones there and it was so cool to be there when it was empty. We got to the castle and I wanted to take a pic with the girls by the bronze statue of Dumbo, but had trouble finding it around the castle...anyway DD7 was dancing around a fountain and fell in! She can't swim. She couldn't in my dream either. It was deep and once I pulled her out she danced in excitement and fell in again. There were CMs all around with their feet in the fountain.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #1272
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli View Post
QUESTION OF THE DAY
Can't say that I have.......but in the days before our trips, I have been known to have a nightmare or two about the flight .

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 03-16-2013, 07:24 AM   #1273
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire
I got my lime green Skechers Go Walks today! They seem super comfy! I'm going to wear them out and about for some errands tomorrow to see how they feel. I don't normally even like my feet in something and wear flip flops most of the time, but I figure this will keep the kids from stepping on my feet!
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli
QUESTION OF THE DAY

Last night I dreamt that I was walking with my 2 daughters into MK, we were surprised to be there. It looked more like a small airport with a people mover and Disney posters. We were the only ones there and it was so cool to be there when it was empty. We got to the castle and I wanted to take a pic with the girls by the bronze statue of Dumbo, but had trouble finding it around the castle...anyway DD7 was dancing around a fountain and fell in! She can't swim. She couldn't in my dream either. It was deep and once I pulled her out she danced in excitement and fell in again. There were CMs all around with their feet in the fountain.
Crazy dream! I day dream about disney all the time but I'm not sure if I've dreamt about it. Probably at some point!

Old 03-16-2013, 07:47 AM   #1274
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli View Post
QUESTION OF THE DAY
I had a dream about Disney once or twice before our last trip. But I fall asleep thinking about Disney just about every night!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - WL; 2/2015 -POFQ
Old 03-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #1275
B's Marie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys

Welcome! You will be there the same time as us! Where are you staying? We will be at BC 8/18-8/23 ad Poly 8/23-8/27.

Welcome! Were you just there? What do the current BB Offers look like?
That's funny... We are at YC the 18-25th!! We will keep an eye out for you!

Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: