Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #1036
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

I see a lot of people on here that split resorts. I like to settle into a room and unpack so it seems like a pain for me, but I would never say never! It definitely would beat spending double or triple our mortgage for a week like a PP mentioned- and I like the idea of sampling the different resorts like another PP mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014 (In progress)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
Old 03-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #1037
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetorit View Post
Same here! I would LOVE to stay at BC but I also love not spending my 2-3x my mortgage for a week stay.

I always wondered if moving resorts complicates things. Like, do you have to get up early just to move your bags?
We've only moved resorts once and it was because I won a free night at a certain level hotel so we stayed their our last night of the trip. Disney will move your bags for you to your new hotel so you don't have to worry about that! We didn't make use of that and found it a wee bit inconvenient. My DH definitely prefers to settle in somewhere and stay there!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 12/2014 - ?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #1038
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Quote:
Obviously I'm more or a lurker (this is my first post!) but I'm officially ready to join the fun!
I've booked a Cars suite at AoA for Aug 25-31st! It'll be my DH, DD4, and DS1 going for their first times! We're also taking my sister who hasn't been since she was 5, and my dad who hasn't been since '95. My last trip was POP in May of '07 and I loved it, but this trip is super special since it's our first official family vacation! I can't wait for them to experience the magic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseIsInTheHouse View Post
We had to change the dates of our trip because the airfare was much less expensive to fly in on July 30th than to go out that following weekend so we shifted by a few days... we are in POR from 7/30 to 8/6... still hoping for a promotion or discount, but we did book DDP as well for this trip although we were back-and-forth before we actually booked. Next thing to do... ADRs - although I feel like I am already behind the 8-ball on that being 150 days out. So much we want to do - time to make decisions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Made my first ADR today (not that we are making many......but we do have a couple of Disney restaurants we want to eat at while in Orlando).

We have Planet Hollywood reserved for 7 pm on Wednesday, August 28th.

I have also promised my boys their favourite, 'Ohana, for breakfast. There's a couple of days yet before I can make that reservation for August 30th. And we may even toss in one more character breakfast at Garden Grove or Cape May. Decisions, decisions .
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafiaw View Post
Hey Everyone,

Haven't post for a while. Waiting for our 180 days to make the ADR's. Received a pin in the mail and AoA isn't included, so we moved to Pop instead.

Following are our ADR's for our stay:

8/23 - Aloha Spirit Dinner Show 8:00pm

8/24 - Brown Derby F! Package 11:30am
50's Prime Time Café 6:25pm

8/25 - CRT 1:00pm
1900 Park Fare 6:40pm

8/26- Crystal Palace 8:30am
Mama Melrose F! Package 3:50pm

8/27 - Akershus 9:25am
Teppan Edo 1:00pm
Le Cellier 7:00pm

8/28 - Yak & Yeti 2:30pm
Hoop Dee Doo 8:30pm

8/29 - Liberty Tree Tavern 11:30am
BOG 6:05pm

8/30 - Boma 7:45am
Coral Reef 1:00pm
Garden Grill 7:00pm

8/31 - Tusker House 8:00am
Sci-Fi 2:00pm
La Hacienda 8:30pm

9/1 - O'Hana 7:30am
T-Rex 1:30pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie'smom View Post
ADRs are all done. In fact I have already changed 3 of them!
Let me know if someone is dining around the same time so maybe we can say hello to one another.
8/24 - HOOP DEE DOO 8:30 show My daughter's favorite show, next to Wicked of course.
8/25 - Akershaus 10:45 Sort of a brunch thing. My spouse loves their potatoes.
8/26 - Sci- Fi 11:45 Lunch before heading back to the hotel to get out of the midday heat.
Narcoossee- 6:00 p.m. Our new place to try. Saw the prices and got sticker shock. Thank you dining plan.
8/27 - Via Napoli 7:45 Pizza, need I say more?
8/28 - Yachtman's Steakhouse 6:30 Going for the creamed spinach .
8/29 - Biergarten 6 :30 Another of my spouses favorite places. Try the beer flight if you go here.
8/30 - Tony's in MK 5:45 I'm not a huge fan of this place, but again my spouse and daughter both like it.
8/31 - Trail's End 1:30 A place to have vittles after horseback riding.
9/1 - Be Our Guest 6:00 What a hassle getting this ADR was, as some of you already know. Took days for this restaurant to load into the system.
9/2 - Rose and Crown 7:45 Our annual tradition. We always eat here on our last night and watch the fireworks.
Well that's all of them, likely, probably, maybe...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiiinkerbell View Post
Hey! We are going in August. 12th-16th and will be staying at the AKL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyObsession View Post
How many of you make your ADR's then play with them, tweak them, change them over & over again??? I had them set at 180 days out..then ran it by my family who weren't thrilled with all the times/choices, so I have made more and changed others. I am now doubled up on some days until I run them by my family...again! So far, these are the plans:

8/17 6:45 Raglan RD (DH, me and 2 dear friends that live in Orlando)
8/18 6:00 Restaurant Marakesh (DD & SIL Anniversary)
8/19 9:55 Chef Mickey's
8/20 9:35 Kona
7:00 Wolfgang Puck (DIL Birthday)
8/21 12:15 Akershus Princess Lunch (DD, GD & me)
6:00 & 7:10 at Boma (Need to decide on time)
8/22 12:45 Yak & Yeti
8/23 1:40 Sci-Fi Diner OR
5:00 Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package
8/24 9:35 Ohana's

I still need to decide on reservation for Sunday for DH & myself as we are there longer than the kids.I am just not sure to do lunch or dinner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amybel View Post
I had to postpone my trip, only by a week though, so all is good! My grandma offered me her aeroplan points to use for my flight, and the only availability for a time we could go was August 20th. So now we are going August 20th-26th, still in the same resort. The crowd calendar puts the week we will be there now at a 4-5 which is great!
I still have to update our ADR's, so I will post my new ones when I make them.
DBF got his first taste of Disney tonight, when I had him call to switch our hotel ressie, after he got off the phone he couldn't get over how nice the cast member was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv4Dis View Post
We are part of Team August on a bounceback offer as well. Staying at French Quarter August 19-Sept 1.

Just recently passed our 180 ... booked our flights, booked our dining, now we just have to WAIT!!!

Would love to get one of the Lime Green Mickey Heads so I can put it on my knapsack.
Quote:
I have now read the ENTIRE thread and I'm really disappointed I never got to see the rooster curtains....

Our ADRs
8/25 7:15pm Chef Mickeys
8/26 5:15pm Crystal Palace
8/27 5:15pm Akershus
8/28 8am 1900 Park Fare
8/28 7:30pm Rainforest Cafe
8/29 9:30am Ohana
8/30 5:45pm CRT

Question: My husband is not interested in Akershus or CRT so I'm going to book a different place for him to eat with my dad. My husband is just home from a deployment and is not super great with crowds (so of course Disney World is a super great place to go ) Does anyone have suggestions where he could enjoy a more relaxed meal? He doesn't want a buffet (too many people getting up and down) or sharing a table with strangers. We would need one in Epcot (while I have my kids at Akershus) and the other can be anywhere (we'll be in AK during the day, but I'll be park hopping to MK with my kids for CRT, so he can go wherever he pleases.)

Thanks!

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 03-04-2013, 06:44 AM   #1039
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

My two final ADR's are made!

Sunday, August 25th, 9 am breakfast at Garden Grove
Saturday, August 30th, 8:55 am breakfast at 'Ohana

A huge thanks to SenecaWolf for all her hard work in keeping the ADR and accomodations lists updated. You rock!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Old 03-04-2013, 07:18 AM   #1040
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I always wondered if moving resorts complicates things. Like, do you have to get up early just to move your bags?
We usually check-out early and head over to the new resort early, simply because that is our preference in starting the day. However, you can give your bags to Disney at the first hotel and they will move them to the second hotel for you. Sometimes we use our resort change day as our down day. That way, we can check-out and check back-in at our leisure. Our goal is to eventually stay at every resort at least once, so we see changing resorts as a fun adventure!

Building memories, one Disney vacation at a time!

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR),
2011 Sep (Disney Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Disney Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 November (CBR, HHI)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, Cabins (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, Poly, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: OKW, AKL, SSR)
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
Old 03-04-2013, 07:29 AM   #1041
thetorit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingeire View Post
We've only moved resorts once and it was because I won a free night at a certain level hotel so we stayed their our last night of the trip. Disney will move your bags for you to your new hotel so you don't have to worry about that! We didn't make use of that and found it a wee bit inconvenient. My DH definitely prefers to settle in somewhere and stay there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYouSeeHer View Post
We usually check-out early and head over to the new resort early, simply because that is our preference in starting the day. However, you can give your bags to Disney at the first hotel and they will move them to the second hotel for you. Sometimes we use our resort change day as our down day. That way, we can check-out and check back-in at our leisure. Our goal is to eventually stay at every resort at least once, so we see changing resorts as a fun adventure!
I see! I'm one of those settle in and stay put people, but I like the idea of one day somewhere new!

Me & DH DD(4) DS(1)
Old 03-04-2013, 07:39 AM   #1042
jdd
DIS Veteran

We've done split stays a few times now, but we always had a car, so it's no problem at all. I actually pack different suitcases for the different resorts, which makes it easier for planning. This year we won't have a car, so I'll be interested to see how smoothly it goes.
March 2002, May 2003, Nov 2007 - ASMo, Nov 2005 - CSR, April 2007 - CBR, Oct 2008 - POR, Aug 2009 - FW Cabins/Beach Club, Dec 2009 - ASSp (mom/son trip), Aug-Sept 2010-POR/Poly CL, Sept 2011-Poly (mom/son trip), May2012-CBR(anniversary trip), Aug2012-WWoHP and AKL-Kidani, Aug2013-PolyCL, Feb2014-CBR

August 2009 TR - FW Cabins
Old 03-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #1043
DisneyGuy758
Let's go Murphys!

Well it's official.

We are 100% paid off...even the hotel the day before our trip begins is paid for.

So excited.

Me DW DS 13 DS 7 DS 2

The DisneyGuy Clan Hits the world...8/10-8/16

My non-Disney related hobby.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #1044
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyObsession View Post
How many of you make your ADR's then play with them, tweak them, change them over & over again??? I had them set at 180 days out..then ran it by my family who weren't thrilled with all the times/choices, so I have made more and changed others. I am now doubled up on some days until I run them by my family...again! So far, these are the plans:

8/17 6:45 Raglan RD (DH, me and 2 dear friends that live in Orlando)
8/18 6:00 Restaurant Marakesh (DD & SIL Anniversary)
8/19 9:55 Chef Mickey's
8/20 9:35 Kona
7:00 Wolfgang Puck (DIL Birthday)
8/21 12:15 Akershus Princess Lunch (DD, GD & me)
6:00 & 7:10 at Boma (Need to decide on time)
8/22 12:45 Yak & Yeti
8/23 1:40 Sci-Fi Diner OR
5:00 Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package
8/24 9:35 Ohana's

I still need to decide on reservation for Sunday for DH & myself as we are there longer than the kids.I am just not sure to do lunch or dinner.
Me! I have already tweaked several ADRs. I changed a few times to better times and I currently have two Saana and two BOG ADRs - still haven't decided which ones we will keep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
You are right! Hope no one minds me putting one out there. If you could stay at any resort, which would it be? I have always dreamed about Grand Floridian. Love the exterior and the monorail convenience!

I still want to stay at the AKL, but it always comes down to not wanting to stay so far away from everything. Someday we will...I hope!

Quote:
We are planning on trying out a split stay this trip for the first time. I don't think I would consider it for less than a 7 night stay. We will do our first 5 nights at BC and then move over to the Poly for our last 4 nights. From what I've gathered, we can just check out the morning of our last day at BC, leave our bags with bell services, head out to the parks as usual and then head over to the Poly to check in later in the afternoon. If it's a hassle, we won't do it again, if it works out well, I will look at it as a way to either enjoy multiple resorts in the future.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #1045
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuy758 View Post
Well it's official.

We are 100% paid off...even the hotel the day before our trip begins is paid for.

So excited.
Now there's a great feeling!! Congrats!!!

We are the same........we like having our expenses all prepaid well in advance so we can sit back, relax and just get excited about the vacation. Unfortunately (or shall I say fortunately? ) it also means we usually add on a few extras along the way that we didn't necessarily plan to do initially. So the vacay gets a little bigger and better as time passes.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Old 03-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #1046
333disneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys

Me! I have already tweaked several ADRs. I changed a few times to better times and I currently have two Saana and two BOG ADRs - still haven't decided which ones we will keep.

I still want to stay at the AKL, but it always comes down to not wanting to stay so far away from everything. Someday we will...I hope!

We are planning on trying out a split stay this trip for the first time. I don't think I would consider it for less than a 7 night stay. We will do our first 5 nights at BC and then move over to the Poly for our last 4 nights. From what I've gathered, we can just check out the morning of our last day at BC, leave our bags with bell services, head out to the parks as usual and then head over to the Poly to check in later in the afternoon. If it's a hassle, we won't do it again, if it works out well, I will look at it as a way to either enjoy multiple resorts in the future.
We did a split stay before - BLT then BCV (similar to yours), and it was very easy. Bell services picked up our luggage on our way out that morning. We picked Epcot as our park, so we could check-in easily after lunch. We toured Epcot as usual, ate lunch and were in our new rooms by 3 p.m. We liked it so much we are doing AKV and BCV this summer.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 03-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #1047
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Question of the day:

Who is your favorite character?

Belle & Goofy (tie!)

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014 (In progress)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
Old 03-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #1048
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981
Question of the day:

Dory

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR *In Progress*: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 03-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #1049
pipertoad
Earning My Ears

First off, my wife and i will be going on a 4 night Dream cruise from August 25-29 then we are going to be staying at the AoA Aug 29-1. And at pop aug 24 before cruise.

2015 B2B Jan 12 & Jan 16 Dream Bahamas
2013 Aug 25 4nt Dream Bahamas
2011 Oct POR - 10th wedding anniversary trip
2010 Jan POR
Old 03-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #1050
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
Question of the day:

It has been Ariel since the Little Mermaid came out because we redheads have to stick together! However, now I really love Merida as well...I just can't decide!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 12/2014 - ?
Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: