Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #586
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Saturday's QOTD:

Do you plan on having a rental vehicle at your disposal?

(or will you have your own vehicle as you are driving to Orlando vs. flying?)

Or are you sticking with Disney transportation (ME and buses/monorail/boats) for your vacation?
We are staying on site and plan to utilize the busses to their fullest extent as they are free.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #587
ellie'smom
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to:
New Test Track, one of spouse's favorite rides
BOG, new restaurant, yeah
Little Mermaid Ride, When our daughter was 4 and at Disney for the first time all she did during the whole trip was sing songs from that particular movie. All day, every day for 10 days.
Free Dining, booked bounceback, so glad.
We won't be renting a car, actually like Disney transportation, most of the time. Have complained about it ,but overall it works fine and you never have to worry about getting into a hot car in Aug, .
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #588
ellie'smom
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to:
New Test Track, one of spouse's favorite rides
BOG, new restaurant, yeah
Little Mermaid Ride, When our daughter was 4 and at Disney for the first time all she did during the whole trip was sing songs from that particular movie. All day, every day for 10 days.
Free Dining, booked bounceback, so glad.
We won't be renting a car, actually like Disney transportation, most of the time. Have complained about it ,but overall it works fine and you never have to worry about getting into a hot car in Aug, .
SORRY, DOUBLE POST

Last edited by ellie'smom; 02-02-2013 at 01:07 PM. Reason: double post
Old 02-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #589
carrie6466
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Saturday's QOTD:

Or are you sticking with Disney transportation (ME and buses/monorail/boats) for your vacation?
We stick to Disney transportation and if we decide to go to Universal or Sea World, we rent a car for a day or two from the Car Care Center.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #590
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie6466 View Post
We stick to Disney transportation and if we decide to go to Universal or Sea World, we rent a car for a day or two from the Car Care Center.
Is renting a car for the day fairly easy? We are looking to do this to go to Seaworld for the day but have never done it before. Little nervous.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #591
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

This will be our 3rd trip in a calendar year since we bought APs. We were just there for Christmas, so I don't think Disney has anything new for us. What will be new is our hotel (BWV) and some new dining choices, like Tutto Italia. We are also traveling with friends for their first family trip to Disney That should be a lot of fun!
As for the rental, we likely won't get once since there are 2 families. We were happy to have a car last year and we got a great city special through Dollar. I think it was about $130 for the week for a midsize. We also dropped off at a different location so we could use Magical Express for the ride back to the airport.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #592
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post
Is renting a car for the day fairly easy? We are looking to do this to go to Seaworld for the day but have never done it before. Little nervous.
We have never done that, but I heard that there is a Lynx bus that is about $2.00 a person each way. You can also take a cab. It isn't a far trip from Downtown Disney!
Old 02-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #593
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post
Yes it can be pretty easy. If you use Alamo or National from the Car Care Centre they will pick you up at your resort to go get the car.
You can also take Disney transportation to the Boardwalk area and use the Alamo location at the Dolphin hotel.

There are also a few different companies with car rental desks in the Downtown Disney hotels but I have never used any of them. I imagine the easiest way to get there would be to take a cab.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #594
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Yes it can be pretty easy. If you use Alamo or National from the Car Care Centre they will pick you up at your resort to go get the car.
You can also take Disney transportation to the Boardwalk area and use the Alamo location at the Dolphin hotel.

There are also a few different companies with car rental desks in the Downtown Disney hotels but I have never used any of them. I imagine the easiest way to get there would be to take a cab.
My worry was that there are five of us going so didn't think the cab would be an option. Also our two kids are still using booster seats.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #595
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstomrice View Post
We have never done that, but I heard that there is a Lynx bus that is about $2.00 a person each way. You can also take a cab. It isn't a far trip from Downtown Disney!

Yeah, I heard about the lynx bus on the transportation thread, but I read it can take a while. With two small kids, I wanted to be as time efficient as possible. From AKL, the bus ride to DTD always seems to take forever.

Guess I will have to think more about this.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #596
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6

I would recommend renting a car from Alamo. They pick you up at your resort, take you to the car care center to get your car and you're free to go from there, it's an easy and affordable process.

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
Old 02-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #597
krd315
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Saturday's QOTD:

Disney transportation with a few taxi's for early breakfast or late dinners at other resorts. We love the ME and don't mind the buses most of the time. We also have the boat to/from DTD as we are staying at POR.

Next up: Sept 2014 -POR
Past trips: Aug 2013, Sept 2012, Jan 2012, Aug 2000
Old 02-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #598
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
Saturday's QOTD:

We drive so we have a car at our disposal. However, we use Disney transportation for our daily transport nice there. Our two year old LOVES the bus so it works to our advantage! We drove if we want to eat at AKL, but that's a out it.

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
Old 02-03-2013, 08:14 AM   #599
poohangel
Yeah I Dis, Doesn't everybody?

Our dates are August 23-30th. Celebrating little girl turning the big old age of 7. Staying at All star Music. First time at the resort. See ya there.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #600
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Well I found very very good flight prices this morning for the August trip. $100 pp on the way there and $136 for the way back. The reason they are so good is it is often difficult to find a decent price coming home on Labor Day weekend.
So that's the good news. The bad news.. it's with Airtran.
Without going into too many details, Airtran was hands down the worst flight I have ever been on. I am a nervous flyer to begin with.. that particular Airtran flight was the reason I now request medication to fly

It's stupid. Because it really could have happened on any flight and it's my nerves that make me not want to use them again. I just figure I am already worried enough as it is when I fly.. why make it worse by flying with the airline I associate with the bad memory?

Again.. I know it's silly. So we will probably book the return flight tomorrow. Southwest opens up their schedule tomorrow too so I will wait and see if I can do better with them since there are no bag fees.

Such a stupid thing to fuss over. I need to get over it.

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: