Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #571
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSL
Hoping the magic hasn't changed for my girls, who will be two years older since the last time we visited (will be just-turned-9 by 4 days [and is mad we won't be there on her birthday!], 10 & 13). I know they probably won't want to do many/any autographs but hope that they still love the World in general. I think they will; they are very excited.
:
I have to say that on our last trip my 13 year old enjoyed getting autographs, however, he was more selective about them. However, he also has a two year old brother. I'm sure he'll play along as his little brother wants him to, and at almost 10 he was into the autographs without any pushing! I'm sure either way it will be a magical experience for your girls!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR
Old 02-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #572
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli

QUESTION OF THE DAY:

1For those of you who haven't been in awhile...
What are you hoping has not changed since your last visit??

2For those of you who have been in the last year...
Are you hoping for/looking forward to anything new since your last visit?
1. We were there in Dec but didn't ride Test Track so I'm looking forward to that!

2. I hope New Fantasyland isn't as nuts! We were there opening week and it was swarmed! We're going to try the DxDP as my husband says he's not going back without it so I'm looking forward to trying so many new restaurants, including any princess meals I want! (I have all boys so we never do any princess meals but with all the extra credits I've talked them into trying some for research purposes!)

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 1/2015 - CR

Last edited by lovingeire; 02-01-2013 at 11:54 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #573
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli View Post
QUESTION OF THE DAY:

Looking forward to the new fantasy land since when we were there in November, it still wasn't opened and we missed the preview. I want to ride the new Test Track. I also can't wait to take my son on Rock and Rollercoaster for the first time since he is over 48" for the first time. I haven't been to Hoop de Doo since I was 7 so I am looking forward to going again. It's been so long it feels like the first time.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #574
krd315
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli View Post
QUESTION OF THE DAY:

We went in Jan. and Sept of 2012:
1. Be Our Guest Restaurant
2. Enchanted tales with Belle, Ariel's Grotto and new Fantasyland (Belle & Ariel are my 2 dgd's favorites)
3. Ohana's and Boma (1st time for both)

Next up: Sept 2014 -POR
Past trips: Aug 2013, Sept 2012, Jan 2012, Aug 2000
Old 02-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #575
Loreli
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Loreli;47370632]QUESTION OF THE DAY:

I haven't been to the World in 28 years, so I am looking forward to the favorites I enjoyed as a child. Swiss Family Tree House, Tiki Room, Pecos Bills, Pirates of the Caribbean, The jungle boat. All of the countries in epcot...and the food!
Oh and getting ears with my name on them.
AK & HS will be cool I guess - but it's the old favorites I want.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #576
carrie6466
DIS Veteran

We were there in September last year.

This year we are excited to see the new Test Track, which was closed for remodel last time. We are also dying to see the new Fantasyland and the Little Mermaid.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:02 AM   #577
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Saturday's QOTD:

Do you plan on having a rental vehicle at your disposal?

(or will you have your own vehicle as you are driving to Orlando vs. flying?)

Or are you sticking with Disney transportation (ME and buses/monorail/boats) for your vacation?

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 02-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #578
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Staying offsite, we will have a rental. Currently have a reservation through National for a mid-sized SUV at a pretty good rate ($266 taxes in for 8 days).

Even if we had decided to stay onsite, I think DH would want to have a vehicle at his disposal, as our family has enjoyed exploring all that Orlando has to offer on previous trips, and now we are hooked!

Our teenaged son LOVES the outlet malls (they are a must-do for every vacation), plus there's a beach day planned for this getaway .... so we need something comfy for our road trip!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 02-02-2013, 08:22 AM   #579
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Saturday's QOTD:

Or are you sticking with Disney transportation (ME and buses/monorail/boats) for your vacation?
We are mostly relying on Disney transportation, but as crazy as this may sound wevare renting a car for one day for a trip to Seaworld.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #580
taymacsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Saturday's QOTD:

We always stick with Disney transportation! We use ME to and from the airport and Disney transport for all the parks.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #581
marieNJkitty
Mouseketeer

We are excited to be staying at AKV Kidani Village, Aug. 19-26 and spending 2 nights at a Universal Studios hotel. We hope to go to Sea World for the first time too. We will be driving, about a 22 hour drive.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #582
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Saturday's QOTD:

We always just used Disney transportation which we didn't mind. But once we realized how much a rental car helped with saving time we always get one. Plus we go over to Universal for 3 days so we have the car to move over there.

The kids miss the Magical Express though. Getting on that bus and seeing the Welcome video is the official signal that we have arrived!! So this time dh is picking up the car and I am taking the kids on Magical Express to the resort.
We also always use the bus to go to Magic Kingdom since the parking lot is so far away.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #583
belle1234
Earning My Ears

Love this planning

Checking out flights, time and cost, I just love this planning. To bad this vacation is so far away.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #584
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran

QOTD Answer:

We use Disney transportation only. Since we stay for two weeks and the crowds aren't that bad towards the end of August we dont feel the need to rent a car. If I have to wait a few minutes for a bus so be it. We visit each park more than once and do not stay in the parks from sun up to sun down.

We will rent a car next year for the Universal portion of our trip.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #585
pigletto
DIS Veteran

It just occurred to me that since we're staying at Beach Club this summer the rental car really isn't going to be necessary for most of the trip. We can walk or boat to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, we bus to MK anyway. That just leaves Animal Kingdom and we spend the least amount of time there.
So for this summer we'll likely just rent something from the Dolphin or Car Care Centre to get us over to Universal and back to the airport.

It always depends on the rates though. Sometimes you can get something cheaper out of MCO for the whole trip than it is to get a car somewhere else for a few days.

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: