Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 12:47 AM   #556
njmom76
Mouseketeer

Joining! We are staying at the Poly from 8/2-8/9. Third August in a row, but first trip for our baby boy (he'll be 7 months) and my mom's first time staying onsite (and her first trip since 1999).

Me (37) DH (35) DD (6) DS (1)

Beach Club: August 29-September 2 2014 (mother/daughter)
SeaWorld: June 2014
Polynesian: August 2-9 2013
Polynesian: August 18-21 2012
Hard Rock Hotel - Universal: February 2012
Beach Club: August 2011
Off site: January 1999
Dolphin/CSR: December 1998/January 1999 (NYE @ Epcot)
Off site: 1977, 1980, 1987
Old 01-31-2013, 05:23 AM   #557
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

In last year's Official Team August thread, pigletto suggested we do a "Question of the Day" to spark some good conversation (not that we needed any help there ), pass the time a little quicker, and get to know each other a little better. It was kind of fun to see everyone's different answers.

Anyone up for that again this year? Not that I was ever very good at coming up with the questions.............so i will leave that up to the more creative and inspired among us .

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! Visit my trip report in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 06:38 PM   #558
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
In last year's Official Team August thread, pigletto suggested we do a "Question of the Day" to spark some good conversation (not that we needed any help there ), pass the time a little quicker, and get to know each other a little better. It was kind of fun to see everyone's different answers.

Anyone up for that again this year? Not that I was ever very good at coming up with the questions.............so i will leave that up to the more creative and inspired among us .
QUESTION OF THE DAY:

1For those of you who haven't been in awhile...
What are you hoping has not changed since your last visit??

2For those of you who have been in the last year...
Are you hoping for/looking forward to anything new since your last visit?
Old 01-31-2013, 08:31 PM   #559
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli View Post
QUESTION OF THE DAY:

Great questions!!

We did 3 Orlando vacations in 2012, but no Disney parks on any of the three visits.

We are looking forward to visiting the Disney waterparks for the first time . I am particularly excited for Typhoon Lagoon.....I much prefer that theme to Blizzard Beach (but then again, its the January freeze here in Canada and winter has long since lost its lustre ).

Also thinking we might do a couple of new character meals........maybe Garden Grove at the Swan and the character breakfast at the Beach Club.

We are also excited about returning to Downtown Disney when its less crowded. It was super busy when we were there over Christmas! I never did make it to Goofy's Candy Co. so that's tops on our list.

Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! Visit my trip report in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 01-31-2013, 11:04 PM   #560
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Everyone is added/updated on the resort lists! There are a couple that I wasnt sure of so please check over your info there and let me know if it needs corrected!

For the ADR Lists, please PM me your details once you get your ADR's. I'll need Date, Time and Name of Restaurant.

Yay! Finally ADR Time!!!

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 01-31-2013, 11:06 PM   #561
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Quote:
QUESTION OF THE DAY:

Most definitely TEST TRACK!!! When we went in April it closed 2 days before we got there and in wasnt yet open in August. My son is dying to go on that!

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 02-01-2013, 06:05 AM   #562
mieshie75
Mouseketeer

Soooo I finally booked carribean beach, aug 16-23rd. All 10 of us . And now I just wait for my ADR window I already have all of those planned.
16th-via Napoli
17th- tusker house breakfast
18th-be our guest
19th -Hollywood and vine
20 - liberty tree tavern
21- garden grill

These are all new places for us. Feel free to let me know your experience. By the way we are on the dinning plan

I love a warm pig belly for my feet.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:12 AM   #563
mieshie75
Mouseketeer

QOTD- I am looking forward to a lot of firsts this trip, my ds will finally be 41 inches and can ride things (he is six and just a little guy). Second every time I've gone Btmrr has been closed and same with test track. Oh and new fantasyland

I love a warm pig belly for my feet.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:26 AM   #564
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran

Yay! Question of the day is back!!!!!

Since we go annually in August, I will answer #2.

1. Test Track (was closed for refurb last August)
2. BOG (my DD's favorite princess is Belle)
3. Several more new TS (I'm pretty sure we will upgrade to dxddp)
4. FP+ (this has me both nervous and excited)
Old 02-01-2013, 07:29 AM   #565
amomma23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
QUESTION OF THE DAY:

We were just there in September. If we weren't traveling with other people, we might have pushed our trip back a bit. We felt like we were missing out on things with New Fantasyland not open, yet and Test Track down. We were kind of bummed we didn' t get picked to test fast pass+, too. Missing out, did help convince DH to go back this year, so can' t complain too much. Looking forward to all of that in August !
Old 02-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #566
KSL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
QUESTION OF THE DAY:

Oooh, this is fun! Ok, my answers are:

1: Hoping the magic hasn't changed for my girls, who will be two years older since the last time we visited (will be just-turned-9 by 4 days [and is mad we won't be there on her birthday!], 10 & 13). I know they probably won't want to do many/any autographs but hope that they still love the World in general. I think they will; they are very excited. I know this isn't really what you meant with that question, though, so the other thing I hope hasn't changed is the DOLE WHIP because I have never tried one but have heard so many people rave about them that it is high on my list of must-dos!

2: Looking forward to trying the water parks - none of us have done them and now we have PAPs so we are excited to try them out. Also looking forward to staying at a new resort (BWV) as well as returning to a favorite (BLT). And of course, looking forward to new Fantasyland!

In the near term, I am looking forward to booking our ADRs!! We have things planned out and now just need to wait another week or so. I am waiting very patiently!

Aug '06 ASMovies (DH, me & DD1 trip) / June '07 POR (10th anniversary trip) / Aug '08 POP (DH, me & DD2 trip) / Aug '10 CBR (DH, me & DD3 trip) / Aug '11 Split Stay AKV/BLT (whole family, finally!) / Feb. '12 OKW / July '12 GCH (no kids!) / BWV/BLT split stay Aug '13 / YC May '14 (SWW!) / VGF/BLT split stay July-Aug '14

Old 02-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #567
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Yay!! I loved question of the day. It's nice to get to know everyone better from their answers!!
Quote:
YES!!!!! We we there last August and we are going again in three weeks. So I am really looking forward to Be Our Guest, the new Fantasy Land and TEST TRACK!!!! We haven't looked at any pictures or videos online so it's all a surprise for us

And when we go back in August there should be all the new Simpsons area at Universal and Transformers 3D

My family loves Universal as well so we are equally excited about this!

Oh and we are going to see the Mardis Gras parade at Universal for the first time this month. My son is 8 and he was in our town Christmas parade this year and handed out candy canes. He loved it and felt so important. So I didn't tell him but I signed him and I up for the Universal Mardis Gras parade to be on a float and hand out beads!! It's a first come/first serve thing for Annual Pass Holders. I am hoping it comes through. If it doesn't he will be excited to see the parade though so no harm done.

I also booked us a reservation at NBA city restaurant yesterday. He is becoming a huge basketball fan since he plays this year so that's fun.
And we are surprising dd with a Royal Room at POR.
So many great things to look forward to on these trips!!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #568
chuckinthechat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli

QUESTION OF THE DAY:

Personally having not been in 12 years I hope the one thing that hasn't changed is the feeling when you walk into the parks for the first time. Past that I can't even begin to think about what I hope is the same because the only thing I want is to go!
Old 02-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #569
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Oh and we are going to see the Mardis Gras parade at Universal for the first time this month. My son is 8 and he was in our town Christmas parade this year and handed out candy canes. He loved it and felt so important. So I didn't tell him but I signed him and I up for the Universal Mardis Gras parade to be on a float and hand out beads!! It's a first come/first serve thing for Annual Pass Holders. I am hoping it comes through. If it doesn't he will be excited to see the parade though so no harm done.
That is so AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fingers crossed he gets picked to take part!!

Old 02-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #570
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinthechat View Post
Personally having not been in 12 years I hope the one thing that hasn't changed is the feeling when you walk into the parks for the first time. Past that I can't even begin to think about what I hope is the same because the only thing I want is to go!
Wow.....your first visit in 12 years!! You must be sooooo excited!

Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: