Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #541
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!

Are we possibly married to the same man?? LOL My husband rolls his eyes but truly appreciates all I have learned here. Makes me Disney smart.
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!
Old 01-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #542
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfanx4 View Post
I am obsessed with the DIS have found it very helpful and have learned so much! Can't wait to join in the planning, I just love pulling everything together, even though my dh rolls his eyes as soon as I say the words "guess what I found out on the DIS today " lol he does appreciate it when we are in the world though.
Welcome!! I also love planning, and I have a family who thinks I am nuts, but when we are there, they appreciate it al! Can't wait to hear about your plans...I only stayed at OKW once (In turtle pond I think - something like that). Are you a DVC member or just choosing to stay there?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #543
buzzmom12
Mouseketeer

Hi joining in. We are going Aug 18-23 staying at Poly cl (got a pin for discounted room). We cant wait. My dd3 asks me everyday when we are leaving.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #544
Disfanx4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys

Welcome!! I also love planning, and I have a family who thinks I am nuts, but when we are there, they appreciate it al! Can't wait to hear about your plans...I only stayed at OKW once (In turtle pond I think - something like that). Are you a DVC member or just choosing to stay there?
DVC owner since 2011 which was our first time back since 1987 which was our honeymoon trip, took me a long time to get back but now can't keep me away. Bought the PAP special in December so will be planning 3 trips in a one year window. That said the trip I am planning in November is for 60 ppl. I am. The president of our local chapter of Autism Ontario and thought it would be great and less scary for a lot of first time visiting families if we went as a group (crazy what was I thinking moment) but too late now lol. Looking forward to planning with everyone
Old 01-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #545
jennluvsdis
Earning My Ears

, This is the first time posting. Looking forward to reading about all the planning and good tips. This will be our 3rd trip in August. We are very excited to be staying at BLT 17 to 23. We usually stay the last week in August so I'm anxious about crowds.

Last edited by jennluvsdis; 01-27-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #546
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
Lol. I know how those conversations go . Did you ever finalize your ADR list?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
My ADRs are on pg 32. should have multiple quoted, but I have to get ready for work. We changed to a lot of character breakfasts as my youngest doesn't partake in lunch regularly and we thought we would fill her up in the morning. Hope I can get all of the reservations.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:04 AM   #547
taymacsmom
DIS Veteran

Good Morning all! One more week and I get book my airfare and on Feb 15, my ADRs. Seneca, we had to change our dates slightly. When you get a chance, we are now going from Aug. 17 - 25 still at AoA. We're getting so excited!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #548
lovingeire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna114
So, here's my back story. My husband I have been together since 11/9/1982, we were 18. We were engaged Nov. 8, 1986. We were married May 7,1988 and spent 12 days at the Poly on our honeymoon. My eldest son, Bobby, was born 10/4/89 and my "little one" now 17 6'2' and a 13 foot was born 9/26/1995, Patrick. We always dreamed of going "home" with our boys. Sadly 9/11 happened, living in the suburbs of NYC, we were affected. I "told" my husband we would live in the now. Our first trip back was 5/2002. We took our next trip 5/2006. That was the last time our older son, Bobby, came with us. We have had many trips since... see my signature. We planned, for our 25th anniversary, to go to Ireland (My grandmother is from county Mayo) To both my joy and sorrow my eldest son asked if we could go back to Disney. Well, crap, never been to Ireland and have to put it on the back burner. SO, now we are headed to our Mecca. We are DVC owners at VWL 2009. We have a 2 bedroom reservation and are planning the following ADR's

8/19 California Grille, our Anniversary celebration
8/20 Artist Point... the luxury of being DVC with a great restaurant
8/21 Biergarten, for our older sons birthday, my husband is WAY German
8/22 Be Our Guest, very excited to experience this for the first time
8/23 Raglan Road, Our son Patrick's 18th birthday celebration.... he is Irish after all
8/24 Via Napoli, shocking to find such great pizza outside NY
8/25 Rose and Crown. Love the food looking over the lagoon on the day we go home.

Our son is looking to drink off our dime, one last time, lol. It will be a great time. Looking forward to hearing others trip planning.
County Mayo, God help you! County Mayo is beautiful! I hiked Croagh Patrick there when I lived in Ireland. I can't wait to take my husband some day, but for now Disney it is for us too! Enjoy your trip!

DL Native=Too many trips to count!DLP: 1998Tokyo Disney 2000
Disney Magic - 3/2014
DW: 4/1995 - Off Site; 12/2009 - CBR (DH & DS1's 1st trip!); 12/2012 - AoA Cars Suite (DS2's 1st trip!); 5/2013 - Pop AEP; 8/2013 - WL; 12/2014 - ?
Old 01-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #549
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Welcome to Team August Jenn!

My fiance never itches to go back like I do, but he's always bragging to other people how great our trips are because of all my planning haha. I mean, he hyped me up so much to his brother-in-law that they ended up joining us on our first trip to HKDL. Talk about pressure to perform!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #550
chuckinthechat
Mouseketeer

I will be there, August 22-29 at AoA LM! Cannot wait any longer the flights are booked trip is more or less paid off and I just want to go now! Despite my impatience the only consolation is we are coming up on the magical 180 mark for ADR's!!
Old 01-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #551
ellie'smom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
This August trip we booked a fabulous rate at the Beach Club that you can't include the ddp with. I am fine with that and we plan to use Tables In Wonderland. I am having a hard time planning our dining reservations though because I am trying to stick to some less expensive places with one big splurge at Jiko.
So far my ideas are The Plaza, Beaches and Cream, one night with no reservations but we'll go to Wolfgang Puck Express, and Via Napoli. That's all I have so far. We've never tried Sci-Fi so I may add that too.
Decisions Decisions. My son also wants a Cape May breakfast and since we will be at the Beach Club that would be really convenient but it just about kills me to spend over 100 dollars for breakfast
Maybe I will make that one for 10:30 or 10:45 and make it a filling brunch so we just need to eat CS that evening.
It's different to think of things this way since we've always had the ddp but I don't think I'll miss it. We aren't big dessert eaters, and dd is a vegetarian so she'd be happier to make a meal of 2 apps than the one veggie offering at some places.
Try breakfast at Tuskerhouse at AK. Only around 20 dollars per person and great variety. A big plus is you get Donald Duck as well.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #552
RoyalMom
Mouseketeer

Please add me!

Howdy!

Braving the FW campground in August from the 11th to the 21st.

It will be DH and my kids' first time in the HAWT hawt month of Aug. Been awhile for me.

Pointers appreciated!!!

XOXOX

Royalmom

DH Me DD8 DD6 DS2
Old 01-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #553
flnngn2
Mouseketeer

One more day to booking my ADRs! Mini happy dance!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #554
jennluvsdis
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfanx4

DVC owner since 2011 which was our first time back since 1987 which was our honeymoon trip, took me a long time to get back but now can't keep me away. Bought the PAP special in December so will be planning 3 trips in a one year window. That said the trip I am planning in November is for 60 ppl. I am. The president of our local chapter of Autism Ontario and thought it would be great and less scary for a lot of first time visiting families if we went as a group (crazy what was I thinking moment) but too late now lol. Looking forward to planning with everyone
Good for you! I am a teacher of children with special needs and think it is awesome that you are doing this! The parents will be more at ease with the support and understanding of people going through the same thing. Please keep updating and have fun planning. This is the most special trip ever. :big high 5:
Old 01-30-2013, 11:39 PM   #555
Disfanx4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennluvsdis

Good for you! I am a teacher of children with special needs and think it is awesome that you are doing this! The parents will be more at ease with the support and understanding of people going through the same thing. Please keep updating and have fun planning. This is the most special trip ever. :big high 5:
Yes it will be fun my own 2 daughters have Autism so out of the 60 going 39 have autism on varying levels, the people at groups sales have been absolutely great with everything so far We will be at ASMU nov 3-8 still lots to pull together and plan my August trip as well. Also having a Gala in April to raise tome funds to alleviate some of the costs for the families, so will be soooo busy for the next few months . Will keep you updated as I plod along lol
Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: