Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #496
nannye
DIS Veteran

Joining the aug 2013 thread. Not officially booked yet but we will be this week. Aug 16-23 I believe

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #497
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
Ahh, ADRs are coming up and I haven't even figure out what my parks days are!

Since I'll be going for 12 days, I'm trying to just take it easy and go with the flow but can't really do that if I'm planning ADRs in the parks.

Also, even though DF and I will have park hoppers, the other 11 people in my group won't. And then 2 out of those 11 will only be there for a week. I feel like this is some sort of brain teaser...
It does sound like an impossible puzzle!
I know I just book yesterday and then realized I can make ADR's on Thrusday or Friday ( I need to check that). I'll figure out my park days and make sure to get an Ohana (must do every trip) and probably another Be Our Guest (we're trying it in February) and then I'll relax. I'll like to try new places on every trip and most of the ones we haven't done yet aren't very hard to get a reservation for. When and if Free Dining comes out for the end of August it becomes harder and harder to book anything though.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #498
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna114 View Post
So, here's my back story. My husband I have been together since 11/9/1982, we were 18. We were engaged Nov. 8, 1986. We were married May 7,1988 and spent 12 days at the Poly on our honeymoon. My eldest son, Bobby, was born 10/4/89 and my "little one" now 17 6'2' and a 13 foot was born 9/26/1995, Patrick. We always dreamed of going "home" with our boys. Sadly 9/11 happened, living in the suburbs of NYC, we were affected. I "told" my husband we would live in the now. Our first trip back was 5/2002. We took our next trip 5/2006. That was the last time our older son, Bobby, came with us. We have had many trips since... see my signature. We planned, for our 25th anniversary, to go to Ireland (My grandmother is from county Mayo) To both my joy and sorrow my eldest son asked if we could go back to Disney. Well, crap, never been to Ireland and have to put it on the back burner. SO, now we are headed to our Mecca. We are DVC owners at VWL 2009. We have a 2 bedroom reservation and are planning the following ADR's

8/19 California Grille, our Anniversary celebration
8/20 Artist Point... the luxury of being DVC with a great restaurant
8/21 Biergarten, for our older sons birthday, my husband is WAY German
8/22 Be Our Guest, very excited to experience this for the first time
8/23 Raglan Road, Our son Patrick's 18th birthday celebration.... he is Irish after all
8/24 Via Napoli, shocking to find such great pizza outside NY
8/25 Rose and Crown. Love the food looking over the lagoon on the day we go home.

Our son is looking to drink off our dime, one last time, lol. It will be a great time. Looking forward to hearing others trip planning.
Welcome, and I know what you mean about living in the moment. Where on LI are you? We are in Rockville Centre, and we will be in WDW around the same time (8/18-8/27)!

Old 01-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #499
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenecaWolf View Post
Looks like EasyWDW has posted the August 2013 crowd calendar!!

August 2013 Preliminary Crowd Calendar

Thank you!!! This is what I've been waiting for...I was actually just thinking I needed to go check again. Now I will and finalize our days!!

Old 01-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #500
cinnderly
cinnderly's username has nothing to do with Cinderella! (Ok...maybe a little)

Checking in...time for reservations is almost here. Very exciting! I hope you all had fabulous holidays and New Year celebrations!

Old 01-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #501
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone ,

Joining in once again as we countdown to our August getaway!

I was part of this awesome group for our first summer trip in 2012. We just booked again last week for 2013......8 nights, August 23 - 31, staying in a two bedroom villa at the Sheraton Vistana Resort. Planning on visiting both Disney waterparks for the first time and Cocoa Beach . And who knows what else???

Looking forward to having some fun folks to share in the excitement. After 3 trips in 2012, our families think we're nuts. Sigh.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Old 01-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #502
carrie6466
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
Welcome, and I know what you mean about living in the moment. Where on LI are you? We are in Rockville Centre, and we will be in WDW around the same time (8/18-8/27)!
Hi guys! I'm on LI, too, in Levittown. I'll be there same time, too LOL
Old 01-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #503
nafiaw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenecaWolf View Post
Looks like EasyWDW has posted the August 2013 crowd calendar!!

August 2013 Preliminary Crowd Calendar

I am at a point where I do not know if I should my schedule against the EMH and Crowd level or get the most out of the park hour for the day? Thanks.

Our Family : Me DH DD(9) DD(5)

Old 01-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #504
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafiaw View Post
I am at a point where I do not know if I should my schedule against the EMH and Crowd level or get the most out of the park hour for the day? Thanks.
We always choose EMH to get the most out of park hours!

Building memories, one Disney vacation at a time!

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR),
2011 Sep (Disney Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Disney Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 November (CBR, HHI)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, Cabins (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, Poly, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: OKW, AKL, SSR)
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
Old 01-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #505
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Hey everyone ,

Joining in once again as we countdown to our August getaway!

I was part of this awesome group for our first summer trip in 2012. We just booked again last week for 2013......8 nights, August 23 - 31, staying in a two bedroom villa at the Sheraton Vistana Resort. Planning on visiting both Disney waterparks for the first time and Cocoa Beach . And who knows what else???

Looking forward to having some fun folks to share in the excitement. After 3 trips in 2012, our families think we're nuts. Sigh.
Hi Gina!!!
Our families think we're nuts too. Oh well
Looking forward to planning with you again!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #506
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

I am trying to plan my adrs but I have too many I need to cut down. But it is fun to plan Down to 6 months and a couple of weeks. In the words of my favorite princess we are "almost there!"

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
Old 01-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #507
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OThopeful35
I am trying to plan my adrs but I have too many I need to cut down. But it is fun to plan Down to 6 months and a couple of weeks. In the words of my favorite princess we are "almost there!"
I have too many too! I'm having a hard time cutting down my list as well!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 01-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #508
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafiaw

Do you have hoppers? The ideal scenario is to take advantage of emh and then hop to the least crowded park. We used to do that with great success. Now I can't get them up early enough for rope drop, so it doesn't work anymore.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 01-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #509
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafiaw View Post
Our kids are so young that EMH work well for us. We are up early anyway and that let's us get the most out of our day especially in the heat. I know others with older children find that EMH in the morning isn't always easy. I think it depends on what your family is like and whether your family is going to be able to get up and out for the very beginning of EMH.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #510
belle1234
Earning My Ears

Smile Booked for August

Finally did it, booked a trip for my girls and I. Arriving Aug 23 - Aug 31. I plan trips all the time for other people it's our turn now. Can't wait, I am not going to tell my youngest daughter, but the older one is helping with travel plans. So excited, my little is turning 6, so have a birthday to celebrate. Staying a French Quarter
Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: