Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #481
miklaur
Earning My Ears

Hi All!

I am still pretty new to posting on the site but I have been lurking for some time. I would love to join Team August 2013! We are booked at POR from 8/8-8/17/13. We are so excited. It will be the second time we go to WDW as a family.

Thanks for such a wonderful thread! I am so happy to have found such a great group. I have also sent my request to join the Facebook group.

Old 01-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #482
beebeeryan
DIS Veteran

Joining in, just booked our August trip, didn't go this past year, but went the same week in 2010 and 2011.

We'll be at the Yacht Club Aug 23-30!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #483
Anna114
Pluto Rocks!

So, here's my back story. My husband I have been together since 11/9/1982, we were 18. We were engaged Nov. 8, 1986. We were married May 7,1988 and spent 12 days at the Poly on our honeymoon. My eldest son, Bobby, was born 10/4/89 and my "little one" now 17 6'2' and a 13 foot was born 9/26/1995, Patrick. We always dreamed of going "home" with our boys. Sadly 9/11 happened, living in the suburbs of NYC, we were affected. I "told" my husband we would live in the now. Our first trip back was 5/2002. We took our next trip 5/2006. That was the last time our older son, Bobby, came with us. We have had many trips since... see my signature. We planned, for our 25th anniversary, to go to Ireland (My grandmother is from county Mayo) To both my joy and sorrow my eldest son asked if we could go back to Disney. Well, crap, never been to Ireland and have to put it on the back burner. SO, now we are headed to our Mecca. We are DVC owners at VWL 2009. We have a 2 bedroom reservation and are planning the following ADR's

8/19 California Grille, our Anniversary celebration
8/20 Artist Point... the luxury of being DVC with a great restaurant
8/21 Biergarten, for our older sons birthday, my husband is WAY German
8/22 Be Our Guest, very excited to experience this for the first time
8/23 Raglan Road, Our son Patrick's 18th birthday celebration.... he is Irish after all
8/24 Via Napoli, shocking to find such great pizza outside NY
8/25 Rose and Crown. Love the food looking over the lagoon on the day we go home.

Our son is looking to drink off our dime, one last time, lol. It will be a great time. Looking forward to hearing others trip planning.
5/1988 POLY (Honeymoon) 2/1998 Offsite 5/2002 Caribbean Beach 5/2006 Wilderness Lodge 12/2007 POP 8/2009 Port Orleans Riverside 5/2010 POLY CL (Anniversary) 10/2010 SSR 1/2011 OKW 8/2011 FW Cabins & VWL 12/2011 SSR 5/2012 VWL 9/2012 VWL 8/2013 VWL 25th Ann. w/my boys 5/2014 AKV 12/2014 VWL 5/2009 DVC Owners Villas at Wilderness lodge!

Old 01-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #484
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna114 View Post
So, here's my back story. My husband I have been together since 11/9/1982, we were 18. We were engaged Nov. 8, 1986. We were married May 7,1988 and spent 12 days at the Poly on our honeymoon. My eldest son, Bobby, was born 10/4/89 and my "little one" now 17 6'2' and a 13 foot was born 9/26/1995, Patrick. We always dreamed of going "home" with our boys. Sadly 9/11 happened, living in the suburbs of NYC, we were affected. I "told" my husband we would live in the now. Our first trip back was 5/2002. We took our next trip 5/2006. That was the last time our older son, Bobby, came with us. We have had many trips since... see my signature. We planned, for our 25th anniversary, to go to Ireland (My grandmother is from county Mayo) To both my joy and sorrow my eldest son asked if we could go back to Disney. Well, crap, never been to Ireland and have to put it on the back burner. SO, now we are headed to our Mecca. We are DVC owners at VWL 2009. We have a 2 bedroom reservation and are planning the following ADR's

8/23 Raglan Road, Our son Patrick's 18th birthday celebration.... he is Irish after all
8/25 Rose and Crown. Love the food looking over the lagoon on the day we go home.

Our son is looking to drink off our dime, one last time, lol. It will be a great time. Looking forward to hearing others trip planning.
Welcome, and thanks for sharing your story! I have family from County Cork, Ireland (although that's all I know about Ireland!). I understand what you mean about 9/11. I was working one block from the Capitol in DC at the time and definitely cherish each day after experiencing the ensuing aftermath. I'm glad to hear your family will be making a trip 'home' together after so many years!

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, FW Cabins)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, Poly, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: HHI, Vero
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct, Nov (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Dec)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
Old 01-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #485
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

My mom decided that she would like to come with us this year, but can't come the week we chose, so she asked us to move our trip up a week. So our new dates are July 29- August 3. It means that we get to go a week earlier and now we will be there for our son's 7th birthday on the 3rd so that should be fun.

SenecaWolf- if you could update our dates, that would be great. Still staying at AKL.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #486
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Hello again August friends both old and new!!
I spent a lot of time in the 2012 August thread changing my resorts every time the wind blew and met some wonderful people in here

Well look who has another ticker down there. We saw the Magical Vacations travel deal ( I booked with them last year). It was selling out fast and it's an awesome deal so I sat down the family this morning and said "Look, I know we said we weren't going to Disney again in August but there's this great deal and.....", well didn't even get the rest out of my mouth before everyone unanimously said "YES!! We'd rather go back to Disney!!!". So I am going to ride this train as long as it goes and when we're sick of it we'll do something else.
Booked the room only deal and got the Beach Club for 190 a night
So August 23rd-30th at the Beach Club and then 2 nights at Universal!

We won't have the ddp for that trip, so I will buy Tables In Wonderland before our AP's expire and we'll try that for a change.
So excited.. two tickers and saved a bunch of money!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #487
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Welcome back Pigletto! Great to have you on board again. I await your resort changes lol.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using DISBoards

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 01-20-2013, 09:41 PM   #488
Whereisalyssa
Self Proclaimed Princess and former CM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYouSeeHer View Post
Disney will sometimes close early for company events or employee-related functions. Not sure about that specific date, but that would generally be the reason.

We are still planning ADRs, but for Magic Kingdom, we are planning on eating at Be Our Guest restaurant for QS (West Wing dining room) and TS (Ballroom dining room). We also want to grab a bite to eat at Gaston's. For Epcot, we are planning on doing a TS at Garden Grill and using our QS credits to eat around the world. At Hollywood Studios, we are planning on doing a TS at 50's Prime Time and using our QS at Pizza Planet and other venues. Still a work in progress though!

If I am understanding your question correctly, no, I do not believe it will void the ADRs you made. Since ADRs can be booked at 180 days with or without a reservation attached, changing your dates later should not have an effect on them. ADRs and resort reservations are generally independent from one another, except for the 'plus 10' booking window advantage on the 180 day mark. Anyone else know anything different?
Thank you! that is great news and your ADR's sound great!

We are hoping for:

Ohana
Be Our Guest
T-rex
Rainforest cafe (@AK)
Planet Hollywood
Splitsville
Sci-Fi
50's Prime
and
Chef Mickeys
I'm hoping we get them all! (especially BOG and Ohana!)

Me(22) - Brother(19) - Mom - my DBF(21) - Boots(4) - Mittens(2) -

ICP Cast Member summer 2014
Old 01-21-2013, 12:15 AM   #489
SenecaWolf

Looks like EasyWDW has posted the August 2013 crowd calendar!!

August 2013 Preliminary Crowd Calendar

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 01-21-2013, 12:35 AM   #490
SenecaWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejsparrow View Post
So excited that hours are up!! And it's almost ADR time!

Seneca-- we added an extra day to our trip (yay!!) so we are now arriving on the 17.

Our tentative ADR list:
Narcoosee's
Be Our Guest
Via Napoli
Le Cellier (lunch)
Tusker House (lunch)
Kona Cafe
plus lots of QS meals and Mickey bars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melis6510 View Post
Hi,

I've been lurking for a while but we finally booked our trip today so I figured I would join you all. We just booked GF for Aug 23-29th and this will be our first trip back to Disney since May 2009. I'm surprising my kids but I am so exciting that keeping this secret is going to be hard! Can anyone till me when I can start making ADR?

Thanks!
Melissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie6466 View Post
Waaaayyyy back on page one, I said I was going back to WDW.

Finally, finally booked it today.

Bay Lake Tower, 8/20/13 - 8/28/13.

We may add an extra night, but that's what we have right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrdwayBoy View Post
Just booked our week (Aug. 20-26th) at the Polynesian! It'll be my first time staying there and I couldn't be more excited!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miklaur View Post
Hi All!

I am still pretty new to posting on the site but I have been lurking for some time. I would love to join Team August 2013! We are booked at POR from 8/8-8/17/13. We are so excited. It will be the second time we go to WDW as a family.

Thanks for such a wonderful thread! I am so happy to have found such a great group. I have also sent my request to join the Facebook group.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beebeeryan View Post
Joining in, just booked our August trip, didn't go this past year, but went the same week in 2010 and 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna114 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjalee6 View Post
My mom decided that she would like to come with us this year, but can't come the week we chose, so she asked us to move our trip up a week. So our new dates are July 29- August 3. It means that we get to go a week earlier and now we will be there for our son's 7th birthday on the 3rd so that should be fun.

SenecaWolf- if you could update our dates, that would be great. Still staying at AKL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Hello again August friends both old and new!!
I spent a lot of time in the 2012 August thread changing my resorts every time the wind blew and met some wonderful people in here

Well look who has another ticker down there. We saw the Magical Vacations travel deal ( I booked with them last year). It was selling out fast and it's an awesome deal so I sat down the family this morning and said "Look, I know we said we weren't going to Disney again in August but there's this great deal and.....", well didn't even get the rest out of my mouth before everyone unanimously said "YES!! We'd rather go back to Disney!!!". So I am going to ride this train as long as it goes and when we're sick of it we'll do something else.
Booked the room only deal and got the Beach Club for 190 a night
So August 23rd-30th at the Beach Club and then 2 nights at Universal!

We won't have the ddp for that trip, so I will buy Tables In Wonderland before our AP's expire and we'll try that for a change.
So excited.. two tickers and saved a bunch of money!
Everybody Added and updated!!!!

to all the new friends who have joined the team, now that the crowd calendars are out and its almost time to make our ADR's the planning is going into overdrive! Make sure to check the first post in the thread occasionally as I will be trying to add links and info as I come across it.

Anna114 - I took a wild guess at your trip dates so if you could take a peek and see if I got them right then let me know if changes need to be made. Thanks!

Old 01-21-2013, 08:17 AM   #491
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenecaWolf View Post
Looks like EasyWDW has posted the August 2013 crowd calendar!!

August 2013 Preliminary Crowd Calendar

Thanks for the link!! Love having more info to plan by.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:20 AM   #492
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

9 more days until I can book my ADRs. So excited.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:22 AM   #493
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenecaWolf View Post
Welcome back Pigletto! Great to have you on board again. I await your resort changes lol.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using DISBoards
Hi there!!! There won't be any resort changes this time. I swear!

The preliminary calendar looks a little higher crowd wise than usual. This will be our fourth year going the last week of August. It was MUCH busier last year than the years previous IMO. So I am actually pleased to see a more accurate prediction. It's still not bad and now we all know what to expect. I expected 2's and found it more like 6's last August. It's still really manageable and we had a great time but rope drop and having a plan were more important than the years previous.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:48 AM   #494
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Ahh, ADRs are coming up and I haven't even figure out what my parks days are!

Since I'll be going for 12 days, I'm trying to just take it easy and go with the flow but can't really do that if I'm planning ADRs in the parks.

Also, even though DF and I will have park hoppers, the other 11 people in my group won't. And then 2 out of those 11 will only be there for a week. I feel like this is some sort of brain teaser...
Old 01-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #495
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beebeeryan View Post

Welcome! I love the collage under your signature!

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: