Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #466
DisneyGuy758
Let's go Murphys!

That would be the public high school, PHS. I went there too.

Me DW DS 14 DS 8 DS 2

The DisneyGuy Clan Hits the world...8/10-8/16

My non-Disney related hobby.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #467
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Apparently he graduated, enlisted in the Navy and only went back once lol. His dad retired and his parents moved to Minnesota and I do believe they moved from cold to WAY colder

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #468
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adecker08 View Post
Thanks for the calendar!! Stayed up too late doing some planning though ��BC here we come Aug. 24-30!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brer Shay View Post
Just booked last night for August 4-15 and super excited to see that the Park hours are up on the travel agent site. Off to plan!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndpeirce View Post
Hi there!

I joined last week...can you add our info to page 1?

AOA 8/10-17.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_hlh View Post
We booked the free dining bounceback last year and will be at CR from 8/18 to 8/24. I'm getting excited now that I can book our ADRs next month and start some of my planning. This will also be our first stay at CR, previously we've stayed at POP, OKW, CSR, AKL, BCV, YC and POR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by janpluto View Post
My family will be staying at the Beach Club from 8/24-8/31. We were able to book our flights on JetBlue the weekend before Christmas for $1200 for 4 people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
We stayed at CR once, mainly to fulfill my childhood dream...I wanted to stay there from the first time I saw the monorail go through the building as a child. Back then it was only the MK and I could have ridden that monorail all day lol.

Did anyone get an answer to this? I have a discount, but also have AAA. I just didn't think you could apply two.

Yay for your dad paying your airfare!! My mom paid for some of our flights with her miles once and it was so nice . What time do you land on the 9th? If it's early in the day, I would see what you can get at WDW. But if it's later in the day, consider taking a room at the Hyatt in the airport. You could get a room for around $150 for the night, pack one small bag with a change of clothes and toiletries, and hop on the ME first thing in the morning to AoA (or pick up your rental car). If you were landing before 5 in the afternoon though I would probably not do this. It's just that this hotel is right in the airport...you get off the plane and get on an elevator and it saves the hassle of transporting all your luggage and family twice. We did this once going home. We had an early morning flight out of MCO and I didn't want to pay BC prices for one extra night. We got there after the MK closed at midnight, got up and walked on the plane in the morning.

I get that! What I suggested above is still a hassle, but I think it's the most hassle-free way of doing it. As for staying in the room you would get on the 10th, I'm sure if you added a night now they would accomodate that. One year we were literally on the bus back to our hotel (one of the AS...can't remember which) when we said we don't want to go home. So we called the airline (back then it was much cheaper to switch a ticket...like $25 each), changed our flights and walked up to the front desk at the hotel and they were able to extend our stay another three days and keep us in the same room. They will work with you on that pending availability.

Woohoo on the great air prices!!

We will be at the BC just before you! We are there from 8/18-8/23, then we move to Poly until the 27th. I love JetBlue, but they were way more than American Airlines (which I do not love), so I opted to go with American this time. Even with baggage fees, it was cheaper to go with AA.

I got so far behind on this thread! You have all been so chatty

My info on the first page is probably a bit off now as we have changed our plans to take advantage of ***'s promotion for August. We were originally booked Poly 8/18-8/22 and BCV 8/22-8/27. But with the package they offered, I had to switch my resorts around, and now we will be at BC 8/18-8/23 and Poly 8/23-8/27. Still hoping for a room only or some other discount for Poly as I am paying rack rate there, but the overall deal was great (if you are interested you can read the specifics in my PTR - link in sig line).

Back to planning the ADRs. I am too excited to still have 7 months to go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohlover4life View Post
Sad to say my hubby and I had to cut two days off our trip so we are only staying from 8/15-8/22. BUT that is still a GREAT length of time and i'm TOTALLY excited!! But i thought i'd tell you so you can change the dates for me on the first page :-D. Thank you so much for doing this thread!!!! It is seriously helping me get through the winter lol!!

Added and updated

Brer Shay, if you let me know what resort you're at I can add you to the list

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 01-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #469
Whereisalyssa
Self Proclaimed Princess and former CM!

Okay guys.. so I have to ask, anyone know why HS is closed so early on the 28th?

also, how is everyones ADR plans coming along? anyone have a general plan they'd like to share?

and FINALLY, I have a question for those disney-pros' that may or may not be dumb. ALRIGHT, so we are currently booked from august 19th-august29th however we are planning on going from the 20th-29th depending on flights plans... so my question is... if I make reservations on the 180 day mark for the 19th of august and then end up switching my reservation to beginning on the 20th.. will this void the reservations I made :S I'm nervous about how this will work out and of course when we called and talked to a CM about it the only answer he gave us was that we could not book an ADR until july 12th.. he had never heard of the 180 day mark thing...

thanks all!

Me(22) - Brother(19) - Mom - my DBF(21) - Boots(4) - Mittens(2) -

ICP Cast Member summer 2014
Old 01-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #470
TI double-GUH ER
Mouseketeer

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, YukiPhnx, but no I didn't get do both discounts.
momto3gr8boys and ThereYouSeeHer were right. the pin was a larger discount than the AAA, so I went with that.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #471
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereisalyssa View Post
Okay guys.. so I have to ask, anyone know why HS is closed so early on the 28th?

also, how is everyones ADR plans coming along? anyone have a general plan they'd like to share?

and FINALLY, I have a question for those disney-pros' that may or may not be dumb. ALRIGHT, so we are currently booked from august 19th-august29th however we are planning on going from the 20th-29th depending on flights plans... so my question is... if I make reservations on the 180 day mark for the 19th of august and then end up switching my reservation to beginning on the 20th.. will this void the reservations I made :S I'm nervous about how this will work out and of course when we called and talked to a CM about it the only answer he gave us was that we could not book an ADR until july 12th.. he had never heard of the 180 day mark thing...

thanks all!
Disney will sometimes close early for company events or employee-related functions. Not sure about that specific date, but that would generally be the reason.

We are still planning ADRs, but for Magic Kingdom, we are planning on eating at Be Our Guest restaurant for QS (West Wing dining room) and TS (Ballroom dining room). We also want to grab a bite to eat at Gaston's. For Epcot, we are planning on doing a TS at Garden Grill and using our QS credits to eat around the world. At Hollywood Studios, we are planning on doing a TS at 50's Prime Time and using our QS at Pizza Planet and other venues. Still a work in progress though!

If I am understanding your question correctly, no, I do not believe it will void the ADRs you made. Since ADRs can be booked at 180 days with or without a reservation attached, changing your dates later should not have an effect on them. ADRs and resort reservations are generally independent from one another, except for the 'plus 10' booking window advantage on the 180 day mark. Anyone else know anything different?

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, FW Cabins)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, Poly, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: HHI, Vero
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct, Nov (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Dec)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
Old 01-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #472
Loreli
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Whereisalyssa;47233124]
also, how is everyones ADR plans coming along? anyone have a general plan they'd like to share? [QUOTE=Whereisalyssa;47233124]

Our new and revised ADRs are - I hope and pray we can get these reservations - as follows:
1900 Park Fare Character Breakfast
Be Our Guest QS
50's Prime Time Diner
Brown Derby
Royal Akershu's (sp?) Character Breakfast
Sunshine Seasons QS
Tusker House Character Breakfast
Flame Tree BBQ QS
Ohana Character Breakfast
QS my kid's pick
Garden Grill Character Dinner
QS my Kid's pick
2 more QS Kid's pick
Old 01-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #473
ilovejsparrow
Working on my degree so I can support my WDW obsession!

So excited that hours are up!! And it's almost ADR time!

Seneca-- we added an extra day to our trip (yay!!) so we are now arriving on the 17.

Our tentative ADR list:
Narcoosee's
Be Our Guest
Via Napoli
Le Cellier (lunch)
Tusker House (lunch)
Kona Cafe
plus lots of QS meals and Mickey bars
WDW Commando Member #165

Old 01-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #474
Melis6510
Earning My Ears

New to DisBoards

Hi,

I've been lurking for a while but we finally booked our trip today so I figured I would join you all. We just booked GF for Aug 23-29th and this will be our first trip back to Disney since May 2009. I'm surprising my kids but I am so exciting that keeping this secret is going to be hard! Can anyone till me when I can start making ADR?

Thanks!
Melissa
Old 01-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #475
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melis6510 View Post
Hi,

I've been lurking for a while but we finally booked our trip today so I figured I would join you all. We just booked GF for Aug 23-29th and this will be our first trip back to Disney since May 2009. I'm surprising my kids but I am so exciting that keeping this secret is going to be hard! Can anyone till me when I can start making ADR?

Thanks!
Melissa
I just asked Siri...She said Sunday Feb 24. You should link your reservation online at My Disney Experience. When you log on it gives you your countdown. Looks like you can also plan park days and link adrs....very nice!
Old 01-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #476
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

Time to start thinking about adrs! Feb 8 is our day. We may have friends coming along for their first trip, so I think we'll do many meals with them. They will know this week what their schedule is. Regardless, the kids have asked for the following:

Hoop De Doo or Mickey's Backyard BBQ (DH is worried about the heat though at the BBQ)
Via Napoli
Be Our Guest (may just do lunch since we ate dinner on Xmas eve here)
Mama Melrose Fantasmic package

DH and I want to try Cape May Cafe for dinner, which is convenient since we will be at the Boardwalk this trip.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #477
carrie6466
DIS Veteran

Waaaayyyy back on page one, I said I was going back to WDW.

Finally, finally booked it today.

Bay Lake Tower, 8/20/13 - 8/28/13.

We may add an extra night, but that's what we have right now
Old 01-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #478
Melis6510
Earning My Ears

Thanks! Nice to know I have some time. So far we are hoping to do ADR at:

Mama Melrose Fantasmic Dinner
Askerhous(sp?) Breakfast
Tusker House Breakfast
Plaza Resteraunt dinner
Ohana possibly for dinner

Not sure what else....

Need to make BBB reservations for breakfast with the princesses!
Old 01-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #479
BrdwayBoy
"I know now that theatre saved my life." - S. Stroman.

Just booked our week (Aug. 20-26th) at the Polynesian! It'll be my first time staying there and I couldn't be more excited!

Old 01-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #480
poohlover4life
Mouseketeer

Smile

Oh man I am so excited!! I can't believe how close we are getting! My husband and I have been re-doing our ADR list over and over lol. There are just to many great places to eat lol. I am excited to be trying out Be Our Guest which we decided to hit up for dinner cuz I heard the lines to get in are SERIOUS lol. And I still am keeping my fingers crossed that the California Grill will open up in time for us to eat there but it doesn't look that way at the moment. We are also doing a TON of signatures! I love the deluxe dining plan cuz man do I looooooove to eat lol.

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: