Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #451
mrstomrice
Thomas and Jake's Mommy:)

So excited that we got our airfare to Disney for a great price today! SW dropped their fare from $156 to $99 tonight for our trip from PHL. THey haven't opened the return flight choices yet....could it be a sign to never have to come home?
Old 01-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #452
janpluto
Mouseketeer

My family will be staying at the Beach Club from 8/24-8/31. We were able to book our flights on JetBlue the weekend before Christmas for $1200 for 4 people.
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 06:32 AM   #453
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_hlh View Post
We booked the free dining bounceback last year and will be at CR from 8/18 to 8/24. I'm getting excited now that I can book our ADRs next month and start some of my planning. This will also be our first stay at CR, previously we've stayed at POP, OKW, CSR, AKL, BCV, YC and POR.
We stayed at CR once, mainly to fulfill my childhood dream...I wanted to stay there from the first time I saw the monorail go through the building as a child. Back then it was only the MK and I could have ridden that monorail all day lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
Wait, Disney let you apply two discounts? I thought we could only choose 1. Now I'm confused... I have CAA too.
Did anyone get an answer to this? I have a discount, but also have AAA. I just didn't think you could apply two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuy758 View Post
I'm stressing like crazy right now.

My father offered to pay for our airfare instead of us driving...which would be close to 24hours...with three children.

We have an airline that will fly directly to Sanford for pretty cheap (Allegiant Air), but they only have flights the day before we are to check in (8/10). I'm about to call WDW to see if we can add a day to the beginning (hotel only) of our current reservation.

On top of all this...my father will be giving me a check for the airfare and not putting it on a CC (his wife[not my other] gets angry when he does things like this for me)...and I Don't have a CC or a debit card....so I'll have to do some finagling to get it all worked out. It's doable...but man...stress is really getting to me.

I either want a LARGE beer...or a large soda.
Yay for your dad paying your airfare!! My mom paid for some of our flights with her miles once and it was so nice . What time do you land on the 9th? If it's early in the day, I would see what you can get at WDW. But if it's later in the day, consider taking a room at the Hyatt in the airport. You could get a room for around $150 for the night, pack one small bag with a change of clothes and toiletries, and hop on the ME first thing in the morning to AoA (or pick up your rental car). If you were landing before 5 in the afternoon though I would probably not do this. It's just that this hotel is right in the airport...you get off the plane and get on an elevator and it saves the hassle of transporting all your luggage and family twice. We did this once going home. We had an early morning flight out of MCO and I didn't want to pay BC prices for one extra night. We got there after the MK closed at midnight, got up and walked on the plane in the morning.

Quote:
I would consider that, but with my kids, not having to move around so much is much easier.

I'm hoping that I will be able to stay in the room we get on the 10th and not have pack up and move to the room down the hall...ya know?

I still need to rent a car...
I get that! What I suggested above is still a hassle, but I think it's the most hassle-free way of doing it. As for staying in the room you would get on the 10th, I'm sure if you added a night now they would accomodate that. One year we were literally on the bus back to our hotel (one of the AS...can't remember which) when we said we don't want to go home. So we called the airline (back then it was much cheaper to switch a ticket...like $25 each), changed our flights and walked up to the front desk at the hotel and they were able to extend our stay another three days and keep us in the same room. They will work with you on that pending availability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstomrice View Post
So excited that we got our airfare to Disney for a great price today! SW dropped their fare from $156 to $99 tonight for our trip from PHL. THey haven't opened the return flight choices yet....could it be a sign to never have to come home?
Woohoo on the great air prices!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janpluto View Post
My family will be staying at the Beach Club from 8/24-8/31. We were able to book our flights on JetBlue the weekend before Christmas for $1200 for 4 people.
We will be at the BC just before you! We are there from 8/18-8/23, then we move to Poly until the 27th. I love JetBlue, but they were way more than American Airlines (which I do not love), so I opted to go with American this time. Even with baggage fees, it was cheaper to go with AA.

I got so far behind on this thread! You have all been so chatty

My info on the first page is probably a bit off now as we have changed our plans to take advantage of ***'s promotion for August. We were originally booked Poly 8/18-8/22 and BCV 8/22-8/27. But with the package they offered, I had to switch my resorts around, and now we will be at BC 8/18-8/23 and Poly 8/23-8/27. Still hoping for a room only or some other discount for Poly as I am paying rack rate there, but the overall deal was great (if you are interested you can read the specifics in my PTR - link in sig line).

Back to planning the ADRs. I am too excited to still have 7 months to go!

Old 01-18-2013, 06:48 AM   #454
krd315
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstomrice View Post
Congrats! We are waiting on SW to open our dates on Feb 4th.

Next up: Sept 2014 -POR
Past trips: Aug 2013, Sept 2012, Jan 2012, Aug 2000
Old 01-18-2013, 06:56 AM   #455
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
Did anyone get an answer to this? I have a discount, but also have AAA. I just didn't think you could apply two.
I thought they meant they originally saved money by using their AAA discount, but when they switched to the PIN discount only, they saved even more than they had with AAA?

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, FW Cabins)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, Poly, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: HHI, Vero
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct, Nov (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Dec)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
Old 01-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #456
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYouSeeHer View Post
I thought they meant they originally saved money by using their AAA discount, but when they switched to the PIN discount only, they saved even more than they had with AAA?
Yes, you are probably right about that!

Old 01-18-2013, 07:15 AM   #457
poohlover4life
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenecaWolf View Post
Everyone added and updated
Sad to say my hubby and I had to cut two days off our trip so we are only staying from 8/15-8/22. BUT that is still a GREAT length of time and i'm TOTALLY excited!! But i thought i'd tell you so you can change the dates for me on the first page :-D. Thank you so much for doing this thread!!!! It is seriously helping me get through the winter lol!!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #458
DisneyGuy758
Let's go Murphys!

Quote:

Yay for your dad paying your airfare!! My mom paid for some of our flights with her miles once and it was so nice . What time do you land on the 9th? If it's early in the day, I would see what you can get at WDW. But if it's later in the day, consider taking a room at the Hyatt in the airport. You could get a room for around $150 for the night, pack one small bag with a change of clothes and toiletries, and hop on the ME first thing in the morning to AoA (or pick up your rental car). If you were landing before 5 in the afternoon though I would probably not do this. It's just that this hotel is right in the airport...you get off the plane and get on an elevator and it saves the hassle of transporting all your luggage and family twice. We did this once going home. We had an early morning flight out of MCO and I didn't want to pay BC prices for one extra night. We got there after the MK closed at midnight, got up and walked on the plane in the morning.

I get that! What I suggested above is still a hassle, but I think it's the most hassle-free way of doing it. As for staying in the room you would get on the 10th, I'm sure if you added a night now they would accomodate that. One year we were literally on the bus back to our hotel (one of the AS...can't remember which) when we said we don't want to go home. So we called the airline (back then it was much cheaper to switch a ticket...like $25 each), changed our flights and walked up to the front desk at the hotel and they were able to extend our stay another three days and keep us in the same room. They will work with you on that pending availability.
Thanks for all the great suggestions.

Right now, I have departing flights for 8/10 directly out of Plattsburgh (smallest city you've never heard of ) which is a direct flight to Sanford (a bit out of the way...but still not bad). We'll pick up a rental car there and make our way to AoA for the day. The flight is at 10:30am and gets in a little after 1pm. We can deal with the pool and DTD for the day then...and start the magic the next day!

I never really minded the idea of driving there (22 hours +/-)...but this really alleviates a lot of the stress that comes with that.

The airline does not have return flights for the 19th up yet...so I'll be keeping an eye open for those.

Me DW DS 14 DS 8 DS 2

The DisneyGuy Clan Hits the world...8/10-8/16

My non-Disney related hobby.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #459
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for all the great suggestions.

Right now, I have departing flights for 8/10 directly out of Plattsburgh (smallest city you've never heard of ) which is a direct flight to Sanford (a bit out of the way...but still not bad). We'll pick up a rental car there and make our way to AoA for the day. The flight is at 10:30am and gets in a little after 1pm. We can deal with the pool and DTD for the day then...and start the magic the next day!

I never really minded the idea of driving there (22 hours +/-)...but this really alleviates a lot of the stress that comes with that.

The airline does not have return flights for the 19th up yet...so I'll be keeping an eye open for those.
Well, I do know where Plattsburgh is, but I clearly had no clue what Sanford was when I was recommending you stay at MCO - my bad! Glad you have it all worked out. I'm sure you will love having a day to relax before hitting the parks!

Old 01-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #460
DisneyGuy758
Let's go Murphys!

You know where Plattsburgh is?! hahahaha

I usually just tell people upstate NY, and let them think Buffalo or Albany.

The Sanford airport is about 45 minutes from WDW. It stinks because we won't get to ride on the fake monorail, but it's worth it for a short, direct flight....especially with an almost two year old.

The good part is, I was able to pick our seats, and got us one solid row so DW and I can swap back and forth as needed for the flight.

Me DW DS 14 DS 8 DS 2

Old 01-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #461
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You know where Plattsburgh is?! hahahaha

I usually just tell people upstate NY, and let them think Buffalo or Albany.

The Sanford airport is about 45 minutes from WDW. It stinks because we won't get to ride on the fake monorail, but it's worth it for a short, direct flight....especially with an almost two year old.

The good part is, I was able to pick our seats, and got us one solid row so DW and I can swap back and forth as needed for the flight.
Well I know enough to know you are LOOOOOONG way from Buffalo and Albany Most people have no clue just how big NY state is. I'm on Long Island, but we are starting the college search for my oldest DS, so my SUNY geography has improved lately

Old 01-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #462
DisneyGuy758
Let's go Murphys!

It's pretty normal for kids in the NYC area to want to go to school up here.

This area is really nice, not much to do, but nice. It's REAL cold now though. Think the high for today is going to be in the teens, and right now it's 7.

Anyways...back to WDW.

I have Monday planned with AK. Now that we're going to have a full day on Sunday, where would be a good park to start with? I was thinking maybe Epcot and the WS as we didn't hit every country when we were there in 2007.

I need some ideas for ADRs too (2/12 is coming fast...). I have a couple of places we HAVE to go to, but would really like to try a few different ones as well.

Me DW DS 14 DS 8 DS 2

Old 01-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #463
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Quote:
Well I know enough to know you are LOOOOOONG way from Buffalo and Albany Most people have no clue just how big NY state is. I'm on Long Island, but we are starting the college search for my oldest DS, so my SUNY geography has improved lately
LOL This is so true! I was talking to a friend in California and mentioned how NYC is about 400 miles from me and he was like "NY is that big?"

@DisneyGuy758 - I know where Plattsburgh is! My late husband went to high school there when his father was in the air force. I also have family in Kahnawake, QC which isnt to far away.

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 01-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #464
DisneyGuy758
Let's go Murphys!

If I may ask, which High School did he attend?

Me DW DS 14 DS 8 DS 2

Old 01-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #465
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

I don't know for sure, it was a loooooong time ago, (he was 16 years older than me so he would have been 53 now). My MIL gave me a pin he got from playing football and its an orange and white P with a bee on it that says "Plattsburgh Hornets".

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: