Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #436
TI double-GUH ER
Mouseketeer

Woohoo! We just got a pin in the mail - saved us $70 on top of what we already saved using AAA.
Thanks for posting the park hours!! It will give me something to do while waiting for the airfares to be posted.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #437
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSL View Post
Thanks anjalee6!!
I've never seen the park hours in this format, but this will certainly work! Yay!
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohlover4life View Post
Thank you so much for posting that link I was having a hard time with the new website and this was SOO HELPFUL!!! Thank YOU!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenecaWolf View Post
Thanks for the link, going to post that in the first thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli View Post
WOW! I have to get to work and am running late, but I just had to post a HUGE thanks for the link!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Happy MK will be our first day!
-Loreli
Quote:
Originally Posted by adecker08 View Post
Thanks for the calendar!! Stayed up too late doing some planning though 😀BC here we come Aug. 24-30!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafiaw View Post
Thanks for posting the park hours!! Now I can go ahead and plan my ADR's.

No problem! . Glad everyone was able to get some planning done!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #438
ndpeirce
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenecaWolf

Everyone added and updated
Hi there!

I joined last week...can you add our info to page 1?

AOA 8/10-17.

Thanks!
1980, 1984 Contemporary, 1992 House Off Site, 1995 Honeymoon Dixie Landings, 2006 Off Site, 2010 Wilderness Lodge, DVC Owners August 2010, First Visit Home BLT August 2011, October 2011 Food and Wine Getaway , August 2012 Pop Century/Disney Fantasy 40-Palooza, December 2012 BLT Christmas Surprise, August 2013 AOA Just Me & the Kids , SSR Food & Wine Getaway October 2013

Old 01-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #439
lady_hlh
DIS Veteran

We booked the free dining bounceback last year and will be at CR from 8/18 to 8/24. I'm getting excited now that I can book our ADRs next month and start some of my planning. This will also be our first stay at CR, previously we've stayed at POP, OKW, CSR, AKL, BCV, YC and POR.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #440
KSL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYouSeeHer View Post
The park hours are always posted first on the Disney Travel Agent website that was linked in another post. The full hours for August won't be updated on the official Disney website for quite some time. Getting an early start on studying park hours is always so helpful!
I had no idea...thanks for the info!

Aug '06 ASMovies (DH, me & DD1 trip) / June '07 POR (10th anniversary trip) / Aug '08 POP (DH, me & DD2 trip) / Aug '10 CBR (DH, me & DD3 trip) / Aug '11 Split Stay AKV/BLT (whole family, finally!) / Feb. '12 OKW / July '12 GCH (no kids!) / BWV/BLT split stay Aug '13 / YC May '14 (SWW!) / VGF/BLT split stay July-Aug '14

Old 01-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #441
OregonMomToWDW
DIS Veteran

Ohana bread pudding question

Hi everyone. I have a question regarding Ohana and the bread pudding. I plan on getting an ADR for breakfast because my son loves Stitch. But, I want to try the bread pudding. Is it available at breakfast, or will I need to make a ressie for dinner?

PTR: 1 Summer, 2 Coasts, 3 Kids...Ready, Set, Go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51560086
Old 01-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #442
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Only available at dinner. We're going to do breakfast and dinner there also. We love the POG juice and the sausage but we're also carnivores and love the meat at dinner lol.

If you don't want to do both, Stitch is easily available in MK and Epcot. In MK he's in tomorrowland not far from the entrance to Space Mountain and he's never had more than a few people at a time there so we've had some great interaction with him. In Epcot he's right in the front right before you get to Spaceship Earth. Even there he's not that busy.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using DISBoards

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 01-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #443
OregonMomToWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenecaWolf View Post
Only available at dinner. We're going to do breakfast and dinner there also. We love the POG juice and the sausage but we're also carnivores and love the meat at dinner lol.

If you don't want to do both, Stitch is easily available in MK and Epcot. In MK he's in tomorrowland not far from the entrance to Space Mountain and he's never had more than a few people at a time there so we've had some great interaction with him. In Epcot he's right in the front right before you get to Spaceship Earth. Even there he's not that busy.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using DISBoards
Thanks. I guess we will do both. I guess I will not do Cape May Cafe this trip.

PTR: 1 Summer, 2 Coasts, 3 Kids...Ready, Set, Go! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51560086
Old 01-17-2013, 08:04 AM   #444
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TI double-GUH ER View Post
Woohoo! We just got a pin in the mail - saved us $70 on top of what we already saved using AAA.
Thanks for posting the park hours!! It will give me something to do while waiting for the airfares to be posted.
Wait, Disney let you apply two discounts? I thought we could only choose 1. Now I'm confused... I have CAA too.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #445
DisneyGuy758
Let's go Murphys!

I'm stressing like crazy right now.

My father offered to pay for our airfare instead of us driving...which would be close to 24hours...with three children.

We have an airline that will fly directly to Sanford for pretty cheap (Allegiant Air), but they only have flights the day before we are to check in (8/10). I'm about to call WDW to see if we can add a day to the beginning (hotel only) of our current reservation.

On top of all this...my father will be giving me a check for the airfare and not putting it on a CC (his wife[not my other] gets angry when he does things like this for me)...and I Don't have a CC or a debit card....so I'll have to do some finagling to get it all worked out. It's doable...but man...stress is really getting to me.

I either want a LARGE beer...or a large soda.

Me DW DS 14 DS 8 DS 2

The DisneyGuy Clan Hits the world...8/10-8/16

My non-Disney related hobby.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #446
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuy758 View Post
I'm stressing like crazy right now.

My father offered to pay for our airfare instead of us driving...which would be close to 24hours...with three children.

We have an airline that will fly directly to Sanford for pretty cheap (Allegiant Air), but they only have flights the day before we are to check in (8/10). I'm about to call WDW to see if we can add a day to the beginning (hotel only) of our current reservation.

On top of all this...my father will be giving me a check for the airfare and not putting it on a CC (his wife[not my other] gets angry when he does things like this for me)...and I Don't have a CC or a debit card....so I'll have to do some finagling to get it all worked out. It's doable...but man...stress is really getting to me.

I either want a LARGE beer...or a large soda.
Mint green tea is great too.

Boy, sure looks like you've got a handful. I hope everything works out ok! An extra day in Disney sounds pretty good though
Old 01-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #447
DisneyGuy758
Let's go Murphys!

Well it's kinda worked out right now.

I got a flight down on 8/10, and will have to book a room for then too...I can't just add to our existing Reservation because I used a PIN# discount....ugh.

$324 for the room alone at AoA (Cars Suite).

I have to wait to get a flgiht back until the airline puts them on their site.

Me DW DS 14 DS 8 DS 2

Old 01-17-2013, 12:22 PM   #448
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well it's kinda worked out right now.

I got a flight down on 8/10, and will have to book a room for then too...I can't just add to our existing Reservation because I used a PIN# discount....ugh.

$324 for the room alone at AoA (Cars Suite).

I have to wait to get a flgiht back until the airline puts them on their site.
We can generally expect a room-only special offer to come out when August deals are announced. So that should save you money for the additional night. But also consider staying at a different resort that first night, potentially one for cheaper? We love doing split stays!

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, FW Cabins)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, Poly, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: HHI, Vero
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct, Nov (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Dec)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
Old 01-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #449
DisneyGuy758
Let's go Murphys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereYouSeeHer View Post
We can generally expect a room-only special offer to come out when August deals are announced. So that should save you money for the additional night. But also consider staying at a different resort that first night, potentially one for cheaper? We love doing split stays!
I would consider that, but with my kids, not having to move around so much is much easier.

I'm hoping that I will be able to stay in the room we get on the 10th and not have pack up and move to the room down the hall...ya know?

I still need to rent a car...

Me DW DS 14 DS 8 DS 2

Old 01-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #450
ThereYouSeeHer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would consider that, but with my kids, not having to move around so much is much easier.

I'm hoping that I will be able to stay in the room we get on the 10th and not have pack up and move to the room down the hall...ya know?

I still need to rent a car...
Totally understood--it is easier to stay in one location. But if you change your mind or end up staying in a different room, live out of suitcases for the first night and keep your items in one general area. That way, everything will be easy to find and move the next morning!

2003 May (Offsite), 2007 Dec (ASMo), 2008 Dec (POP), 2009 Dec (ASMu, CSR, and AKL), 2010 Dec (ASSp, SSR), 2011 Sep (Dream, POFQ), 2012 Sep (OKW, Dream), 2013 Aug (AoA, POR, ASMo), 2014 Nov (Poly, ASMu), 2015 Oct (Vero, Magic, FW Cabins)

Disney Bingo
Values left to try: None! (Done: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, AOA)
Moderates left to try: CBR, FW (Done: POFQ, POR, CSR)
Deluxes & Villas left to try: GF, Poly, WL, YC, BC, BW, CR (Done: OKW, AKL, SSR)
Beach Resorts left to try: HHI, Vero
Cruise Ships left to try: Magic, Wonder, Fantasy (Done: Dream)
Months left to try: Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Jun, Jul, Oct, Nov (Done: May, Aug, Sep, Dec)

Splish, Splash, the Dream was a Blast! 9/1/2011 Trip Report
Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: