Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #301
MouseIsInTheHouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
Hi Mouse and welcome to our little group!! I can tell you that I loved our August trip. You can always beat the heat by going into shops and attractions which all have A/C!!! You'll have an awesome time!!!
Hi VictoriasMom,
We have actually been in August 3 times before. I think August gets a bad wrap because of the heat - but we really don't mind it because, as you said, there is A/C everywhere and we have worked out a schedule that works for us. We like to do the parks in the morning and late afternoon/evenings and sit by the pool for a few hours before dinner in the hotter hours of the day. It has always worked out really well for us and in August.

We are re-thinking the dining plan now... our family are not big eaters. We really aren't dessert or snacking people, and in the excitement and enjoyment of being at WDW, we have been known to skip a few meals. When we were on the meal plan last time (December 2011), we found ourselves eating because we paid for it or eating more than we wanted because it was in our plan - we are thinking that we might wing it this time and keep track of what we pay to decide for next time if it is worth it for us. NOW... we are still watching for promos, so if they run a promo for free dining - who would we be to look a gift horse in the mouth...

Still lots to think about an plan, but kids are starting to get really pumped for the trip now that we told them that we are definitely going.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:31 AM   #302
OregonMomToWDW
Mouseketeer

Hello. I am new to these boards and am planning our first ever trip to WDW in August. I am very excited to have found this group, because none of my friends understand the insanity that has taken over me in planning this trip.

We are arriving Aug. 22 and leaving Aug. 31st. I booked with a TA and had asked for a preferred room at POR AB with a request for Building 14 and I get my reservations email from her and it said I was down for a Garden room. Not sure the difference.

We are planning on taking two days away from WDW to do IoA and USF, but I am unsure if it is worth it. We also have 6 day hopper passes for WDW with the water parks added. I can't wait.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 06:47 AM   #303
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonMomToWDW View Post
Hello. I am new to these boards and am planning our first ever trip to WDW in August. I am very excited to have found this group, because none of my friends understand the insanity that has taken over me in planning this trip.

We are arriving Aug. 22 and leaving Aug. 31st. I booked with a TA and had asked for a preferred room at POR AB with a request for Building 14 and I get my reservations email from her and it said I was down for a Garden room. Not sure the difference.

We are planning on taking two days away from WDW to do IoA and USF, but I am unsure if it is worth it. We also have 6 day hopper passes for WDW with the water parks added. I can't wait.
Glad you found us!
This is the place to express the fun and stress of planning, everyone will be very supportive.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:09 AM   #304
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hi Shannon and welcome! We too are staying in a preferred room at POR and I've also requested Building 14. We'll see what the room assigning Gods have in store. Honestly, I don't know the difference between a garden view, etc. Our trips will overlap just a bit so maybe we will run into each other! We'll be there August 18th through the 29th.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #305
OregonMomToWDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Shannon and welcome! We too are staying in a preferred room at POR and I've also requested Building 14. We'll see what the room assigning Gods have in store. Honestly, I don't know the difference between a garden view, etc. Our trips will overlap just a bit so maybe we will run into each other! We'll be there August 18th through the 29th.
I went to the site and it said the garden view room had a lesser per day charge than preferred, so now I don't know if I am actually booked as a preferred. I guess I will have to call the TA back, again. Hopefully, we will run into each other.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #306
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I went to the site and it said the garden view room had a lesser per day charge than preferred, so now I don't know if I am actually booked as a preferred. I guess I will have to call the TA back, again. Hopefully, we will run into each other.
Your middle girl and my daughter are close in age, so maybe they can become friends. My Victoria is heavily into her internet, tumblr, facebook and youtube likes. Crazy kid! As we get closer to the trip, we will have to post pics so we know what each other looks like. Some of us did that this past year and it was cool to put a face with a name!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #307
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Count me in! Not booked yet but the plans are there. I'll be there for my Disneymoon! I love going in August and have been 2 times. We'll be booked at POP for most of the Disneymoon and switching to Caribbean Beach for the last couple of days. This will be our first time in a Moderate.

It's not just us going on this disneymoon. We're bringing along 11 of our family members, closest friends, and family friends. We'll be there for 2 weeks!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #308
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseIsInTheHouse View Post
Hi VictoriasMom,
We have actually been in August 3 times before. I think August gets a bad wrap because of the heat - but we really don't mind it because, as you said, there is A/C everywhere and we have worked out a schedule that works for us. We like to do the parks in the morning and late afternoon/evenings and sit by the pool for a few hours before dinner in the hotter hours of the day. It has always worked out really well for us and in August.

We are re-thinking the dining plan now... our family are not big eaters. We really aren't dessert or snacking people, and in the excitement and enjoyment of being at WDW, we have been known to skip a few meals. When we were on the meal plan last time (December 2011), we found ourselves eating because we paid for it or eating more than we wanted because it was in our plan - we are thinking that we might wing it this time and keep track of what we pay to decide for next time if it is worth it for us. NOW... we are still watching for promos, so if they run a promo for free dining - who would we be to look a gift horse in the mouth...

Still lots to think about an plan, but kids are starting to get really pumped for the trip now that we told them that we are definitely going.
OH Penny --- good! You are old pro's at the August thing! We loved it and are looking forward to going back again. I'm surprising my troop with the trip 'HOME' to our first Disney resort we ever stayed at --- POR!!! If you get a chance, stop by my ptr I'm in the middle of! Hopefully it won't bore you to tears! THAT GOES FOR EVERYONE --- JOIN ME ON MY PTR if you wish!!! The more the merrier! The link is in my siggie!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #309
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukiPhnx View Post
Count me in! Not booked yet but the plans are there. I'll be there for my Disneymoon! I love going in August and have been 2 times. We'll be booked at POP for most of the Disneymoon and switching to Caribbean Beach for the last couple of days. This will be our first time in a Moderate.

It's not just us going on this disneymoon. We're bringing along 11 of our family members, closest friends, and family friends. We'll be there for 2 weeks!
Hi Yuki!!! Yeah, we brought my then 12 year old daughter on our Disneymoon, so I understand not being alone!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #310
YukiPhnx
The Minnie to my Mickey

Quote:
Hi Yuki!!! Yeah, we brought my then 12 year old daughter on our Disneymoon, so I understand not being alone!
Hi Ann! I'm really looking forward to my big disneymoon! I've always the more the merrier!

I just realized I forgot my dates.

8/12-8/19 at Pop
8/20-8/24 at CB pirate rooms

I keep debating whether I should go for FD when it comes out or not. But everyone in my group has already bought their tickets, so it wouldn't benefit us much. The room-only discount is going to be great!
Old 12-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #311
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Quote:
As we get closer to the trip, we will have to post pics so we know what each other looks like. Some of us did that this past year and it was cool to put a face with a name!
If you check my signature I created a new Facebook group for us so we can connect a little more!

So happy to see more August planners. In just 2 weeks we're going to be able to say "We're going to Disney this year!"
I'll get to updating the Resort lists tomorrow. Trying to get thru the holiday madness right now

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 12-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #312
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenecaWolf View Post
If you check my signature I created a new Facebook group for us so we can connect a little more!

So happy to see more August planners. In just 2 weeks we're going to be able to say "We're going to Disney this year!"
I'll get to updating the Resort lists tomorrow. Trying to get thru the holiday madness right now
sent my request to join the group Sarah!!!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:53 AM   #313
OregonMomToWDW
Mouseketeer

Christmas already?

I cannot believe Christmas is almost here. This is my last work day until the 26th. It was really hard to focus on Christmas this year because WDW is the only thing on my mind, but I think I have almost all my shopping done. Wrapping, that is a different story. I haven't wrapped a single thing. I paid off my airline tickets ($321 each roundtrip from Portland, OR), so it is starting to feel more real. I have the planning sickness now. I haven't even completed the Aug. 2013 trip, and I am already planning the 2014!!!

I wish everyone the happiest of holidays!

Last edited by OregonMomToWDW; 12-21-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #314
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

ohmigosh I haven't even started wrapping either. There is this HUGE pile of bags and boxes in my room that is scaring me . At least I finished my shopping yesterday (I think)! Tomorrow I am barricading myself in my room and having a marathon wrapping session than Sunday everything can be put under the tree. In between I still have yet to make cookies! UGH Christmas just kinda crept right up on me

$321 is excellent prices from OR, I believe I paid the same in April from Buffalo!

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 12-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #315
jenjordan
Earning My Ears

Okay, I should be cleaning my house and wrapping presents, but I just put the deposit down on our condo for the trip! Now I know for sure we are going because once $$ is on the line, DH isn't about to cancel!

Okay - back to Christmas planning...

DH Me DD1 (14) DD2 (11)
Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: