Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #241
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtag View Post
I don't even know how to begin planning our ADRs! Will we know which parks will be open late for dining prior to the reservations having to be made? We definitely want to eat at Be Our Guest and Cinderella's Royal Table, but other than that I'm not sure. I think we would like to try the Wishes Dessert Party and also a Fantasmic package, would love some input!
I haven't been to WDW since I was 10 or 12, so I used peoples opinions posted here, the restaurant board here, a Disney guide book, and allears.net to plan our ADRs. I posted them a few pages ago. I am not sure every restaurant will be a hit with my mom and daughters, but I think they all sounded good. We were limited because some of the restaurants were too fancy for my kids to enjoy, I will miss the experience, but it is what it is. February will bring the release of EMHs (extra magic hours) and ARDs so we will know where to reserve when.
It's fun research and reading menus on allears.net is interesting.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:48 AM   #242
disneyworldfamily
Mouseketeer

I'm already thinking about our ADR's even though we are so far out

Question though...last year we upgraded our free dining to the deluxe plan and quickly learned that it was waaaay too much for us. If we can get free dining again this year (fingers crossed!) we will stick with the regular plan.

Last time, we did not have to worry about any meal because it was all covered, but this time, on the regular plan, we will only have 2 meals covered + a snack. How do you make it work? How do you fill in that extra meal? We don't particularly want to do a grocery order.

Would love to hear how you made the regular dining plan work for your family!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #243
amomma23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyworldfamily View Post
I'm already thinking about our ADR's even though we are so far out

Question though...last year we upgraded our free dining to the deluxe plan and quickly learned that it was waaaay too much for us. If we can get free dining again this year (fingers crossed!) we will stick with the regular plan.

Last time, we did not have to worry about any meal because it was all covered, but this time, on the regular plan, we will only have 2 meals covered + a snack. How do you make it work? How do you fill in that extra meal? We don't particularly want to do a grocery order.

Would love to hear how you made the regular dining plan work for your family!
We usually pack granola bars and other "breakfast" foods in our luggage. Then use our refillable mugs for coffee and snack credits for milk or juice for the kids. Sometimes we'll get a muffin or pastry for dessert and save it for breakfast the next morning.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #244
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone!! i just snagged 2 one-way tickets to Orlando from SFO for $295 Tickets opened up for the first week of August for SW and Airtran. Now if I can pay the same price or less on the return trip that would be great.

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
Old 11-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #245
taymacsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OThopeful35 View Post
Hello everyone!! i just snagged 2 one-way tickets to Orlando from SFO for $295 Tickets opened up for the first week of August for SW and Airtran. Now if I can pay the same price or less on the return trip that would be great.
Congrats! Anyone have any idea when Southwest will open up their next reservation window. They recently opened up until August 9, I believe, and we are leaving on August 15.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #246
KSL
Mouseketeer

Can I Join In??

Ooooh, how fun that I found this thread! Can I join you guys on Team August 2013? Here is some info on us and our plans:
  • Boardwalk Villas, Aug. 11-15
  • Bay Lake Towers, Aug. 16-23
We have stayed at BLT before (and LOVED it!), but BWV will be new for us and we are very excited to try it. SO happy to be able to walk to three parks!

Our family likes going in August because it gives us the summer to plan and anticipate. The weather is HOT but we deal with it and like that the crowds are down with many people back to school. DH is a teacher so going during the school year is impossible, and late August works out better for us than other school breaks, which we had done a couple of times pre-kids and it was crazy-crowded!

We are taking the AutoTrain both directions, and this is the first time we will have a vehicle with us. We're used to the buses and WDW transportation, so we'll see whether we use it much once we get there.
Someone asked a few pages back (yes, I have read through the whole thing now that I found this thread!) about having groceries delivered. Have you looked into Garden Grocer or WeGoShop? Both are very popular with DVC owners (who have full kitchens in the 1-&2-bedrooms and often want groceries). We used GG and would recommend them; haven't tried WGS. I can give more info on our experience if anyone is interested. I'm sure you could find for more info on the threads here, too.

We are considering adding the dining plan for the first part of our vaca (5 days), but need to look at potential ADRs and determine if it is worth the value. Alternatively, we are considering the TiW card instead, since we can get it for $75 with the PAPs (which we got for $399 each - woohoo! We will activate them on our trip in August and they will still be good for our trip in July 2014!). So I'll have to get a spreadsheet going on that, so that I can compare costs and discounts and see what works out better. I love Excel; I am such a dork!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, which reminds me that someone owes us pictures of rooster curtains, LOL - I was waiting for them as I read through each page!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Aug '06 ASMovies (DH, me & DD1 trip) / June '07 POR (10th anniversary trip) / Aug '08 POP (DH, me & DD2 trip) / Aug '10 CBR (DH, me & DD3 trip) / Aug '11 Split Stay AKV/BLT (whole family, finally!) / Feb. '12 OKW / July '12 GCH (no kids!) / BWV/BLT split stay Aug '13 / YC May '14 (SWW!) / VGF/BLT split stay July-Aug '14

Old 11-22-2012, 03:08 AM   #247
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSL View Post
Ooooh, how fun that I found this thread! Can I join you guys on Team August 2013? Here is some info on us and our plans:
  • Boardwalk Villas, Aug. 11-15
  • Bay Lake Towers, Aug. 16-23
We have stayed at BLT before (and LOVED it!), but BWV will be new for us and we are very excited to try it. SO happy to be able to walk to three parks!

Our family likes going in August because it gives us the summer to plan and anticipate. The weather is HOT but we deal with it and like that the crowds are down with many people back to school. DH is a teacher so going during the school year is impossible, and late August works out better for us than other school breaks, which we had done a couple of times pre-kids and it was crazy-crowded!

We are taking the AutoTrain both directions, and this is the first time we will have a vehicle with us. We're used to the buses and WDW transportation, so we'll see whether we use it much once we get there.
Someone asked a few pages back (yes, I have read through the whole thing now that I found this thread!) about having groceries delivered. Have you looked into Garden Grocer or WeGoShop? Both are very popular with DVC owners (who have full kitchens in the 1-&2-bedrooms and often want groceries). We used GG and would recommend them; haven't tried WGS. I can give more info on our experience if anyone is interested. I'm sure you could find for more info on the threads here, too.

We are considering adding the dining plan for the first part of our vaca (5 days), but need to look at potential ADRs and determine if it is worth the value. Alternatively, we are considering the TiW card instead, since we can get it for $75 with the PAPs (which we got for $399 each - woohoo! We will activate them on our trip in August and they will still be good for our trip in July 2014!). So I'll have to get a spreadsheet going on that, so that I can compare costs and discounts and see what works out better. I love Excel; I am such a dork!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, which reminds me that someone owes us pictures of rooster curtains, LOL - I was waiting for them as I read through each page!

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
Old 11-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #248
ilovejsparrow
Working on my degree so I can support my WDW obsession!

Hey team August! Never too early to start planning Just booked AoA LK suite and LM room for August 18-25! (We're a group of 6 and wanted a little extra room.) Can't wait to chat with you guys in the meantime!

And on another note.. hoping to be celebrating a Disney engagement then too!!!!
WDW Commando Member #165

Old 11-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #249
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Welcome new friends! Happy Thanksgiving to all, I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday and good luck to the black friday shoppers! I'll get to work on adding everyone to the resort list this weekend.

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 11-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #250
krd315
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taymacsmom View Post
Congrats! Anyone have any idea when Southwest will open up their next reservation window. They recently opened up until August 9, I believe, and we are leaving on August 15.
From the SW site:
On February 4, 2013, we will open our schedule for sale through September 27, 2013.

we are waiting for Aug 18th

Next up: Sept 2014 -POR
Past trips: Aug 2013, Sept 2012, Jan 2012, Aug 2000
Old 11-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #251
krd315
Mouseketeer

We have changed our dates and are cutting back on our trip to the world...so we can try out the Disney cruise line for a 3 day cruise.

My dgd's have asked to go on the cruise all year so we are going to surprise them with a 3 day cruise. They know about the Disney trip but we will keep the cruise a surprise until the last day. They have never cruised so I think it will be a great way to introduce them to cruising.

Our new dates are 8/18 to 8/22 POR and 8/22 to 8/25 on the Disney Dream.

Next up: Sept 2014 -POR
Past trips: Aug 2013, Sept 2012, Jan 2012, Aug 2000
Old 11-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #252
taymacsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krd315 View Post
From the SW site:
On February 4, 2013, we will open our schedule for sale through September 27, 2013.

we are waiting for Aug 18th
Thanks! I've got it on the calendar!
Old 11-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #253
litlpixie
Proudly stalking the CRO since 2001!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSL View Post

yea-yea~ I keep forgetting!!! lolol.

Welcome to Team August We are a loveable albeit dysfunctional bunch- but we offer free mental counseling on Fridays and we're always up for good bashing stories of rude Disney guests getting on our nerves plus lots of money saving tips like how to safely pack rum in your luggage!

It's a great crew here and we'll get more of a crowd after the holidays, so stick around

Old 11-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #254
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlpixie View Post
yea-yea~ I keep forgetting!!! lolol.

Welcome to Team August We are a loveable albeit dysfunctional bunch- but we offer free mental counseling on Fridays and we're always up for good bashing stories of rude Disney guests getting on our nerves plus lots of money saving tips like how to safely pack rum in your luggage!

It's a great crew here and we'll get more of a crowd after the holidays, so stick around
yeah, even if SOME of us forget to post rooster curtains!!!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #255
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

I must say, I'm a little anxious to see these curtains too lol.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using DISBoards

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: