Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #226
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran

js!!

Team August was alot of fun this year (2012) and even though we're kind of quiet right now, trust me once the holidays are gone and we start thinking and chatting about ADR's things will get FUN!
Old 10-31-2012, 11:50 AM   #227
litlpixie
Proudly stalking the CRO since 2001!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TEAM AUGUST!!!

Be safe out there tonight

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #228
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I am unofficially here...

Originally, our 2013 trip was going to be over Spring Break.

Then I moved it to October 2013, for MNSSHP and my girls have a short school break during that month. In the end - they would have missed 3-4 days of school.

Recently, my oldest dd had to miss 4 days of school... The home work was awful - which caused me to rethink the whole "missing school" idea.

Which brought me to summer vacation, and August.

I have determined that I will belong to every Disney Facebook Group for every month of 2013 by the time I get our trip booked.

So, these are my next "pending dates"... Aug 19-30 at SoG (Shades of Green)...

D~
Old 11-08-2012, 06:17 AM   #229
4disneygenerations
Mouseketeer

Hi Team August We have two rooms at the POFQfor Aug 25 to Sept 2. This year taking 2 cousins with us. We are on the BB offer, do you think it will be possible to add 1 more cousin to our room and have them included in the bounce back offer? Right now we are 2 adults and 4 children, the other cousin will be a teen adult, 18 yrs old. I told her I will let her know soon. I just don't want to attempt to call Disney and be disapointed. I guess I'm a big chicken. Looking for a possitive response
Thanks all
Old 11-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #230
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Welcome new friends!

@4disneygenerations, you should have no problem adding her to the BB, especially since you already have 2 rooms. I added my sister a few weeks after I got back and there was no issues at all. I'll add you to the resort list!

@DMGeurts Would you like me to add you to the list also?

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 11-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #231
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran

Good Morning Team August!

@4disneygenerations.... As Sarah already said, Disney has no problem adding people to reservations (and since it's a package they get the BB offer too!). As long as it doesn't put you over the room occupancy limits (which it doesn't because you have two rooms)

Is it August yet?
Old 11-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #232
SenecaWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse_Mommy4 View Post

Is it August yet?
287 days til we hit the road to Disney...Oh that seems like an ETERNITY!!!

I made an offhand comment about trying to squeeze in a quick roadtrip, couple days at Disney to do MVMCP then head home. I was vetoed, Apparently the silly gooses want presents instead

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 11-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #233
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Hi all my peeps!!! Yep, I looked on my countdown on my phone and we have 283 more days until our August Adventure. I just can't wait to see the look on my family's faces when we end up at POR instead of CBR! So far, so good as for keeping that a secret! And I just can't believe Sarah's gooses want presents instead of a quick trip to Disney. I personally think they are crazy! Fortunately, since Victoria wants to go to Playlist Live in Orlando in March, I get at least a little taste of Disney, even though it won't be the parks themselves. And she knows presents will be very few since we are going down. I am planning on going to the Poly for Wishes on the beach and the Electric Water Pageant. We've never seen that, so that will be cool. Now it's a matter of figuring out the logistics of how to take the the busses from Caribe Royale (if we really do end up staying there...ugh!) to the Disney property and then just jump on Disney busses! Good thing I've done this a time or two so I kinda know what I am doing. Of course we'll be doing Downtown Disney!! I'm so excited, but again the flights are just increasing! I did find what I think is a good price -- $386 per person round trip. It's the best I can find right now. I'm hoping either AirTran or Southwest will have a sale, but usually Portland, Maine is not one of the hubs that's on sale. And SW still only flies out of Manchester, NH until late April. I'm seriously thinking of using our points to get one round trip flight down, but then I was hoping to save the points for our August trip. Am I boring you guys? I'm sorry. Guess I just felt like sharing!

Old 11-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #234
SenecaWolf

You know Ann, I'm starting to think I somehow made a mistake along the way in teaching them priorities!

Fingers crossed for you finding some airline discounts! We're driving down when we go in August. As much as I love flying, we do love our road trips. Also, my sister will be with us and splitting the driving will be such a nice thing, I'm used to 18.5 hours straight by myself when I head to Minnesota Scary thing is, Kyler mentioned driving some too I'm not sure if I'm ready to consider that just yet!!!

Old 11-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #236
4disneygenerations
Mouseketeer

Thank you so much Seneca Wolf and Nurse Mommy4 I know we are aloud up to eight with two rooms but I did tell them 7 is enough

They are already planning and to tell you the truth so am I.

Have a magical day everyone and thanks again
Old 11-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #237
poohlover4life
Mouseketeer

Well Thanksgiving is coming which means the holiday season will be rushing on through and it will be January before you know it!!! And let me tell you My DH and I already have all of our meals picked and ready to go for February! I am a little sad because I really wanted to do Bistro de Paris this year but from what i'm reading they are making it casual but it's still a twofer on the meal plan so I think i'll pass it up this year and see what the people are saying. I'm also gonna miss the California Grill BUT we are trying some great new places for us like Jiko the Cooking Place and Artist point! Both of which we hear are very romantic and delicious. Any thoughts my fellow August friends?
Old 11-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #238
litlpixie
Proudly stalking the CRO since 2001!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohlover4life View Post
Well Thanksgiving is coming which means the holiday season will be rushing on through and it will be January before you know it!!! And let me tell you My DH and I already have all of our meals picked and ready to go for February! I am a little sad because I really wanted to do Bistro de Paris this year but from what i'm reading they are making it casual but it's still a twofer on the meal plan so I think i'll pass it up this year and see what the people are saying. I'm also gonna miss the California Grill BUT we are trying some great new places for us like Jiko the Cooking Place and Artist point! Both of which we hear are very romantic and delicious. Any thoughts my fellow August friends?
Although I have never eaten at AP, Jiko is a nice place. Have you thought about Citricos? or Narcoosee's, I loved both of these places.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #239
amtag
Mouseketeer

I don't even know how to begin planning our ADRs! Will we know which parks will be open late for dining prior to the reservations having to be made? We definitely want to eat at Be Our Guest and Cinderella's Royal Table, but other than that I'm not sure. I think we would like to try the Wishes Dessert Party and also a Fantasmic package, would love some input!

1ST NON-SUMMER VISIT, 1ST MVMCP
Old 11-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #240
BeckyEsq
Mouseketeer.

Can I join? We will be at POR week of August 5. This is our first trip since 2007! DH is a teacher so we always travel in summer. We will be celebrating our 14th anniversary and DD's first trip. She'll be a few weeks shy of 3 YO. So excited!

Anyone know when we can expect EMH to be released?

I see talk of bounceback deals, never heard of that but I am intrigued. Might be nice to go again for our 15th. How does that work?
DisneyLand 6/05
Wilderness Lodge 8/06
Port Orleans Riverside 8/13
*now planning* POR Royal Guest Room 8/14

Is She Ready To Be A Princess? August 2013 Trip Report
Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: