Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #166
Fable
Earning My Ears
 
Fable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Surrey, England
Posts: 4

Thanks for the welcome! Anybody else excited to the point it's not even true? I can not wait to see the new Fantasyland UGHHH. I need to be there now!!
Fable is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #167
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran
 
OThopeful35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Francisco, California
Posts: 749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
well, we have a freeze warning here in Maine tonight, so I'm assuming under 32 degrees!!! Ok, why isn't there a winter smiley???
I feel so bad, out here in California, we complain we're cold when it's in the low 60's It's 63 right now and I'm bundled up under the covers.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DS10)

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
OThopeful35 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-12-2012, 09:42 PM   #168
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran
 
Nurse_Mommy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WI
Posts: 886

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
Yay Tasha!!! We will be at POR at the same time. WE WILL MEET UP THIS TIME AROUND!!!!
I agree! We have to meet up next year!!!
__________________
Tasha , and the gang DD21 , DS19 , DD16 , DS10
Nurse_Mommy4 is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 07:59 AM   #169
beachmama3
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fable View Post
Thanks for the welcome! Anybody else excited to the point it's not even true? I can not wait to see the new Fantasyland UGHHH. I need to be there now!!
Ahhh all of the pictures being posted are making me want to go RIGHT NOW! It looks amazing! I seriously don't think I am going to make it to August, may need a quick weekend down!
__________________
Donia DH DS (12) DS (10) DS (7)
Most Recent: 2006:POFQ/ 2009:POR/ 2010:POR/ 2012:ASMu and POR/ August 2013: POR November 2013: POR/ August 2014: POP
beachmama3 is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #170
Fable
Earning My Ears
 
Fable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Surrey, England
Posts: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmama3 View Post
Ahhh all of the pictures being posted are making me want to go RIGHT NOW! It looks amazing! I seriously don't think I am going to make it to August, may need a quick weekend down!
If only a weekend down were that easy for me, 9 hour flight and all. But yeah, it looks out of this world!
Fable is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #171
Loreli
Mouseketeer
 
Loreli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse_Mommy4 View Post
OKay, I really need another hobby! I am still 10 months away from my next August trip and I have already picked out the adr's that I cannot BOOK until February!
I have had more fun at http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm figuring out my ADRs. Birnbaum Guides is a Great book, with tons of Disney info. I used that as well, well with planning everything really.

Here are my ADRs in no special order.
OKW Olivia's Dinner
GF 1900 Park Fare Character Breakfast

MK
Be Our Guest Dinner
Columbia Harbour House Lunch (counter service)

Epcot
Garden Grill Character Dinner
Sunshine Seasons Lunch (counter service)

HS
50's Prime Time Cafe Dinner
Brown Derby Lunch

AK
Yak & Yeti Dinner
Flame Tree BBQ Lunch (counter service)

Plus 4 more Counter Service the kids can pick according to what parks we revisit. Anyone have especially good or bad experiences at any of theses places?
__________________
Loreli DH (looking forward to an empty house)
DD : 7 & DD 10

Loreli is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #172
poohlover4life
Mouseketeer
 
poohlover4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 79

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaLady View Post
That's a beautiful way to put it! Where will you be staying?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thank you so much! My husband and I will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge! It will be both of our first times staying there we are so excited! How about your family?
__________________
(me) (dh) (puppy toby)
poohlover4life is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #173
poohlover4life
Mouseketeer
 
poohlover4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 79

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenecaWolf View Post
I LOVE THIS!!!!!

to the boards and welcome to our little (but growing!) August group! What are your dates and I can add you to our resort list!



What a busy month for me. I thought once the kids went back to school that I would have a little more time on my hands and boy was I wrong! My son joined our fire hall as an Explorer and they have all kinds of trainings and meetings, my own membership responsibilities have been jam packed and my daughter is starting to learn to drive!

On top of it all it seems like the temps here went from HOT to Frigid in the span of a week. We have freeze warnings tonight and I am refusing to turn on my furnace yet!!! Just gonna add blankets for now lol. With such a mild winter last year I have this horrible feeling that we're going to get slammed with snow this year.

Thank goodness I have a trip to look forward to next year! 320 days to go
Thank you so much for such a wonderful and warm welcome!! I love your thread! My husband and I will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge for 10 wonderful days! Aug. 15 will be our first day. Thank you so much for adding us to your list
__________________
(me) (dh) (puppy toby)
poohlover4life is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #174
beachmama3
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fable View Post
If only a weekend down were that easy for me, 9 hour flight and all. But yeah, it looks out of this world!
Nine hours IS a little far! We will be there before we know it though!! The new pics I see every day are driving me crazy wanting to see it!!!
__________________
Donia DH DS (12) DS (10) DS (7)
Most Recent: 2006:POFQ/ 2009:POR/ 2010:POR/ 2012:ASMu and POR/ August 2013: POR November 2013: POR/ August 2014: POP
beachmama3 is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #175
amomma23
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West/Central PA
Posts: 1,079

I think we were missed, can you add us 8/15-8/21 POR
amomma23 is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #176
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran
 
OThopeful35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Francisco, California
Posts: 749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli View Post
I have had more fun at http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm figuring out my ADRs. Birnbaum Guides is a Great book, with tons of Disney info. I used that as well, well with planning everything really.

Here are my ADRs in no special order.
OKW Olivia's Dinner
GF 1900 Park Fare Character Breakfast

MK
Be Our Guest Dinner
Columbia Harbour House Lunch (counter service)

Epcot
Garden Grill Character Dinner
Sunshine Seasons Lunch (counter service)

HS
50's Prime Time Cafe Dinner
Brown Derby Lunch

AK
Yak & Yeti Dinner
Flame Tree BBQ Lunch (counter service)

Plus 4 more Counter Service the kids can pick according to what parks we revisit. Anyone have especially good or bad experiences at any of theses places?
Great Lineup!! We are going to try Yak & Yeti for the 1st time this year.
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DS10)

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
OThopeful35 is offline  
Old 10-15-2012, 09:02 AM   #177
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!
 
SenecaWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Near Buffalo, NY
Posts: 919

Quote:
Originally Posted by amomma23 View Post
I think we were missed, can you add us 8/15-8/21 POR
My apologies, you are added now

If i have overlooked anyone else, please just let me know!
__________________
Team August 2013 Dis Thread!! Team August 2013 Facebook Group!
Myself(Sarah) James DS15(Ian) DD17(Kyler)

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
SenecaWolf is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #178
disneyworldfamily
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 157

So. Does anyone have any thoughts on when we will start seeing pins/offers for August 2013?

This year was our very first trip and we were able to get free dining. That offer came out in March or April I think.

Thoughts?
disneyworldfamily is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 01:03 PM   #179
FancyNancy
Princess
 
FancyNancy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyworldfamily View Post
So. Does anyone have any thoughts on when we will start seeing pins/offers for August 2013?

This year was our very first trip and we were able to get free dining. That offer came out in March or April I think.

Thoughts?
I'm thinking we will see free dining come out around the same time. I am hoping it starts by August 24th because that is our first day there
__________________

FancyNancy is offline  
Old 10-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #180
disneyworldfamily
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
I'm thinking we will see free dining come out around the same time. I am hoping it starts by August 24th because that is our first day there
I'm hoping for it to start on at least August 18th, that is our tentative arrival date
disneyworldfamily is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: