Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #151
KarmaLady
KarmaLady
 
KarmaLady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Simcoe, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohlover4life
My husband and I officially booked our Aug. extravaganza! I almost feel like, with out the ability to go on the Disney website and see that i'm booked, it's not really happening. I need to have that little thrill every week when I pop onto the web and sign in. Disney asks me how I booked and I type "directly through Walt Disney" and then the confirmation number. As Tinkerbell flutters on my screen my heart skips a beat as the number of days until I get to be a kid again pops up on my screen. It's a little silly to some people I know, but somehow, all the stuff that makes life so hard gets a little easier just knowing that the happiest and most magical place on earth is there, waiting for you. From visit to visit things are changing and getting added but one stop by the Dole whip stand or a relaxing trip on the people mover and it almost feels like there was no space between visits. In a world with so much anger and fear, so much trouble and strife, it is a blessing to have a place where the troubles of this world seem, just a little farther away and that, for a time, dreams really can come true.
That's a beautiful way to put it! Where will you be staying?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/siwycowtq8pt9zxh.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
KarmaLady is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #152
mari360
MiSka MoUSka MiCKeY MoUsE !!!!!!
 
mari360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: in Never Never land.... with Tinkerbelle....
Posts: 3,715

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohlover4life
My husband and I officially booked our Aug. extravaganza! I almost feel like, with out the ability to go on the Disney website and see that i'm booked, it's not really happening. I need to have that little thrill every week when I pop onto the web and sign in. Disney asks me how I booked and I type "directly through Walt Disney" and then the confirmation number. As Tinkerbell flutters on my screen my heart skips a beat as the number of days until I get to be a kid again pops up on my screen. It's a little silly to some people I know, but somehow, all the stuff that makes life so hard gets a little easier just knowing that the happiest and most magical place on earth is there, waiting for you. From visit to visit things are changing and getting added but one stop by the Dole whip stand or a relaxing trip on the people mover and it almost feels like there was no space between visits. In a world with so much anger and fear, so much trouble and strife, it is a blessing to have a place where the troubles of this world seem, just a little farther away and that, for a time, dreams really can come true.
Love this... I too don't feel like I'm going until I have my confirmation #....

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Past & Future Trips:1985 - 1st trip, August 1997 -Offsite, May 2007-CBR, May 2008 -CSR, Jan 2009 - Orange Lake, June 2010 - POP, Aug 2013 - POP

mari360 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #153
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
 
LifeIsDis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Where dreams come true ♥
Posts: 1,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohlover4life View Post
My husband and I officially booked our Aug. extravaganza! I almost feel like, with out the ability to go on the Disney website and see that i'm booked, it's not really happening. I need to have that little thrill every week when I pop onto the web and sign in. Disney asks me how I booked and I type "directly through Walt Disney" and then the confirmation number. As Tinkerbell flutters on my screen my heart skips a beat as the number of days until I get to be a kid again pops up on my screen. It's a little silly to some people I know, but somehow, all the stuff that makes life so hard gets a little easier just knowing that the happiest and most magical place on earth is there, waiting for you. From visit to visit things are changing and getting added but one stop by the Dole whip stand or a relaxing trip on the people mover and it almost feels like there was no space between visits. In a world with so much anger and fear, so much trouble and strife, it is a blessing to have a place where the troubles of this world seem, just a little farther away and that, for a time, dreams really can come true.
I LOVE this!!!! Seriously though, Disney is a place where you can just forget everything and be like a kid again, and that is a HUGE reason I love going to the parks.
LifeIsDis is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #154
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!
 
SenecaWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Near Buffalo, NY
Posts: 919

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohlover4life View Post
My husband and I officially booked our Aug. extravaganza! I almost feel like, with out the ability to go on the Disney website and see that i'm booked, it's not really happening. I need to have that little thrill every week when I pop onto the web and sign in. Disney asks me how I booked and I type "directly through Walt Disney" and then the confirmation number. As Tinkerbell flutters on my screen my heart skips a beat as the number of days until I get to be a kid again pops up on my screen. It's a little silly to some people I know, but somehow, all the stuff that makes life so hard gets a little easier just knowing that the happiest and most magical place on earth is there, waiting for you. From visit to visit things are changing and getting added but one stop by the Dole whip stand or a relaxing trip on the people mover and it almost feels like there was no space between visits. In a world with so much anger and fear, so much trouble and strife, it is a blessing to have a place where the troubles of this world seem, just a little farther away and that, for a time, dreams really can come true.
I LOVE THIS!!!!!

to the boards and welcome to our little (but growing!) August group! What are your dates and I can add you to our resort list!



What a busy month for me. I thought once the kids went back to school that I would have a little more time on my hands and boy was I wrong! My son joined our fire hall as an Explorer and they have all kinds of trainings and meetings, my own membership responsibilities have been jam packed and my daughter is starting to learn to drive!

On top of it all it seems like the temps here went from HOT to Frigid in the span of a week. We have freeze warnings tonight and I am refusing to turn on my furnace yet!!! Just gonna add blankets for now lol. With such a mild winter last year I have this horrible feeling that we're going to get slammed with snow this year.

Thank goodness I have a trip to look forward to next year! 320 days to go
__________________
Team August 2013 Dis Thread!! Team August 2013 Facebook Group!
Myself(Sarah) James DS15(Ian) DD17(Kyler)

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
SenecaWolf is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 01:54 AM   #155
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran
 
OThopeful35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Francisco, California
Posts: 749

Patiently waiting for some discounts for August I was reading all the threads on the new discount that came out today and cannot wait til we can feel the same excitement for August discounts I would love a good RO offer!
__________________
(DH) (ME) (DS10)

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
OThopeful35 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 07:47 AM   #156
litlpixie
Proudly stalking the CRO since 2001!!
 
litlpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: I left my heart in Alligator Bayou
Posts: 1,579

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenecaWolf View Post
I LOVE THIS!!!!!

On top of it all it seems like the temps here went from HOT to Frigid in the span of a week. We have freeze warnings tonight and I am refusing to turn on my furnace yet!!! Just gonna add blankets for now lol. With such a mild winter last year I have this horrible feeling that we're going to get slammed with snow this year.

Thank goodness I have a trip to look forward to next year! 320 days to go
CURSE YOUR TALK OF SNOW, SenecaWolf!! I cant believe that they are calling for 28 degrees tonight......if you've got hatches, you better batten 'em down
__________________
Official Uncoordinated Self Proclaimed Cheerleader of Team August!:cheer2
Homes Away From Home: YC, BC, BWI, Poly, GF, WL, AKL, POR, FQ, CSR, & Pop


litlpixie is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #157
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!
 
SenecaWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Near Buffalo, NY
Posts: 919

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlpixie View Post
CURSE YOUR TALK OF SNOW, SenecaWolf!! I cant believe that they are calling for 28 degrees tonight......if you've got hatches, you better batten 'em down
28! Oh my! Well, we're going to be a balmy 36 tonight!!
__________________
Team August 2013 Dis Thread!! Team August 2013 Facebook Group!
Myself(Sarah) James DS15(Ian) DD17(Kyler)

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
SenecaWolf is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #158
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran
 
Victoriasmom98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Augusta, Maine
Posts: 2,281

well, we have a freeze warning here in Maine tonight, so I'm assuming under 32 degrees!!! Ok, why isn't there a winter smiley???
Victoriasmom98 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 02:03 PM   #159
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran
 
Nurse_Mommy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WI
Posts: 888

OKay, I really need another hobby! I am still 10 months away from my next August trip and I have already picked out the adr's that I cannot BOOK until February!

Oh and BTW Sarah, can you add my resort to the list.....

POR 8/18-8/29. I still may change resorts (thinking about upgrading to deluxe), but I haven't decided yet. I may stay at POR and use the extra money on something else like shopping! After all this is a girl's only trip.
__________________
Tasha , and the gang DD21 , DS19 , DD16 , DS10
Nurse_Mommy4 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #160
Nurse_Mommy4
DIS Veteran
 
Nurse_Mommy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WI
Posts: 888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
well, we have a freeze warning here in Maine tonight, so I'm assuming under 32 degrees!!! Ok, why isn't there a winter smiley???
Winter is when I start to long for my happy place.
__________________
Tasha , and the gang DD21 , DS19 , DD16 , DS10
Nurse_Mommy4 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #161
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
 
LifeIsDis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Where dreams come true ♥
Posts: 1,836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
well, we have a freeze warning here in Maine tonight, so I'm assuming under 32 degrees!!! Ok, why isn't there a winter smiley???
I live in MA and it is freezing here. The only good part about this weather is that I can wear my Disney sweatshirts. That's all I'm happy about.
LifeIsDis is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #162
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!
 
SenecaWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Near Buffalo, NY
Posts: 919

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
well, we have a freeze warning here in Maine tonight, so I'm assuming under 32 degrees!!! Ok, why isn't there a winter smiley???
Oh we have that here too but I refuse to acknowledge it LOL. According to the weather channel hourly forecast only says 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse_Mommy4 View Post
OKay, I really need another hobby! I am still 10 months away from my next August trip and I have already picked out the adr's that I cannot BOOK until February!

Oh and BTW Sarah, can you add my resort to the list.....

POR 8/18-8/29. I still may change resorts (thinking about upgrading to deluxe), but I haven't decided yet. I may stay at POR and use the extra money on something else like shopping! After all this is a girl's only trip.
Added!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
I live in MA and it is freezing here. The only good part about this weather is that I can wear my Disney sweatshirts. That's all I'm happy about.
Yes! I bought a few this year and had been looking at them longingly LOL
__________________
Team August 2013 Dis Thread!! Team August 2013 Facebook Group!
Myself(Sarah) James DS15(Ian) DD17(Kyler)

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
SenecaWolf is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #163
Fable
Earning My Ears
 
Fable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Surrey, England
Posts: 4

Oooh, i am enjoying this thread. We are staying in the Grand Floridian from 8/1 to 8/14 and then going onto Hard Rock Hotel for the last week but i'm sure the first two weeks will be my most enjoyable, it's Disney after all ;D

-- Faye.
Fable is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #165
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!
 
SenecaWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Near Buffalo, NY
Posts: 919

Welcome fable! I will add you to the list this evening.


Seems like everyone is headed there on the 18th, hopefully I get to meet up with some of you!

I'm going to be getting to the new LGMH designs this coming week, finally got a few creative ideas.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using DISBoards
__________________
Team August 2013 Dis Thread!! Team August 2013 Facebook Group!
Myself(Sarah) James DS15(Ian) DD17(Kyler)

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
SenecaWolf is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: