Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #136
beachmama3
Mouseketeer

Just watched Illuminations streamed live and I want to be there NOW!! Can't wait, August, hurry!!

On a side note, my boys asked if we could go down for a Star Wars weekend....thinking I should plan three trips for next year!

Last edited by beachmama3; 10-01-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:00 PM   #137
mari360
MiSka MoUSka MiCKeY MoUsE !!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmama3 View Post
Just watched Illuminations streamed live and I want to be there NOW!! Can't wait, August, hurry!!

On a side note, my boys asked if we could go down for a Star Wars weekend....thinking I should plan a three trips for next year!
Where did you watch a live stream???? I would love to watch it every once in a while.....

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #138
beachmama3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari360 View Post
Where did you watch a live stream???? I would love to watch it every once in a while.....
It was a link from facebook...WDW Today Live, but I think they just streamed it for the 30th anniversary. I wish they would stream that and Wishes and Fantasmic every night! haha
Old 10-02-2012, 06:23 AM   #139
krd315
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amomma23 View Post
We were one of the few that snuck into AoA LM with free dining last month. We were worried about the distance, too. Our room was in "Ariel" Building #8. It was the farthest point from Animation Hall. The first time we walked there after check-in felt like forever, but honestly it didn't seem bad after we had been there a while. The fastest way to the bus stop was following the sidewalk around the outside of the resort near the parking lot. There were rarely people walking there, so it was pretty easy to zip down to the busses.
We just got back Sat (also FD in LM rooms) and stayed in building #9- King Triton building. I agree it did feel long the 1st time and maybe the last morning checking out because we didn't want to leave - lol. Walking the sidewalk to the bus was the best tip I read before leaving. The rooms are gorgeous and we loved the pool! Definitely worth the walk to the front for my 2 dgd's to be able to stay with Ariel.

Next up: Sept 2014 -POR
Past trips: Aug 2013, Sept 2012, Jan 2012, Aug 2000
Old 10-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #140
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Ordering from Walmart.com

Hello my buddies!! Question for you all.....I'm trying to see if I can order groceries for our trip and Wal-Mart is saying "we don't deliver to that zip code yet"...HUH???!!! I know some of you have had packages sent to your resorts. What am I doing wrong. It is under "Wal-mart to Go" isn't it?
Old 10-03-2012, 06:40 AM   #141
Loreli
Mouseketeer

I am looking forward to the groceries answer. I want to have food delivered too.
Glad to hear that the LM rooms at AoA aren't really that far away and ppl have found them to be a good experience. We are hoping for the April/May discount to include them.
In an effort toward full disclosure: I am spending too much time here and looking for info online. I have found lot of cool info, most recently maps of POP and AoA. Plus more info on other resorts we can't afford to stay at but would love to see.
And here's the rub - I need to finish knitting a baby blanket, hat and booties for a friend who's shower is on the 14th, and I have to mail the gift to her as it's too far away to attend in person. Oh this Disney planning addiction!!! how do I manage life and planning? Must control urges to google, must control urges to call distant cousin who does WDW every year and is mailing 2 books of info to Mom. Must get kids breakfast, get off this thread and get to work....Oh, I have to get dressed too. 45 mins to work...wish it was a train commute and I could google on my phone but I drive.
No one else in my life would understand this conflict. Thanks for reading

Old 10-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #142
amomma23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoriasmom98 View Post
Hello my buddies!! Question for you all.....I'm trying to see if I can order groceries for our trip and Wal-Mart is saying "we don't deliver to that zip code yet"...HUH???!!! I know some of you have had packages sent to your resorts. What am I doing wrong. It is under "Wal-mart to Go" isn't it?
I had to see what Wal-Mart to Go was! Just the regular Wal-Mart website has bottled water, cereal, granola bars... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that is what most people use. We have also used Amazon.com or Soap.com. We usually use Soap.com. It is s a little more $$, but if you spend a certain amount, you get free 2 day shipping which makes it easy to decide when to place your order, etc.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #143
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amomma23 View Post
I had to see what Wal-Mart to Go was! Just the regular Wal-Mart website has bottled water, cereal, granola bars... Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that is what most people use. We have also used Amazon.com or Soap.com. We usually use Soap.com. It is s a little more $$, but if you spend a certain amount, you get free 2 day shipping which makes it easy to decide when to place your order, etc.
Thanks for the answer. I think I'll go with amazon.com as I'm ALWAYS dealing with them!!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #144
TI double-GUH ER
Mouseketeer

Woohoo! Just booked Aug. 20-27 at POFQ!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #145
FancyNancy
Princess

I'm so excited to be subbing in to this thread! We will be staying at POP from August 24th through August 30! What do you all think the chances of free dining in late August are?

Old 10-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #146
beachmama3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TI double-GUH ER View Post
Woohoo! Just booked Aug. 20-27 at POFQ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
I'm so excited to be subbing in to this thread! We will be staying at POP from August 24th through August 30! What do you all think the chances of free dining in late August are?
Hello and welcome!! I am hoping the chances of free dining are pretty good!! Especially the week you are going. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 10-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #147
mari360
MiSka MoUSka MiCKeY MoUsE !!!!!!

Crossing my fingers for free dining... if thats the case i will be staying at CBR.... please please please FD gods shine on us... LOL .....

Old 10-04-2012, 11:39 PM   #148
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

Welcome all!

Historically free dining has been offered at the end of August so hopefully it is the same next year for u all! I'll update the resort lists tomorrow!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using DISBoards

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
Old 10-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #149
poohlover4life
Mouseketeer

My husband and I officially booked our Aug. extravaganza! I almost feel like, with out the ability to go on the Disney website and see that i'm booked, it's not really happening. I need to have that little thrill every week when I pop onto the web and sign in. Disney asks me how I booked and I type "directly through Walt Disney" and then the confirmation number. As Tinkerbell flutters on my screen my heart skips a beat as the number of days until I get to be a kid again pops up on my screen. It's a little silly to some people I know, but somehow, all the stuff that makes life so hard gets a little easier just knowing that the happiest and most magical place on earth is there, waiting for you. From visit to visit things are changing and getting added but one stop by the Dole whip stand or a relaxing trip on the people mover and it almost feels like there was no space between visits. In a world with so much anger and fear, so much trouble and strife, it is a blessing to have a place where the troubles of this world seem, just a little farther away and that, for a time, dreams really can come true.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #150
FancyNancy
Princess

I have changed my resort decision! I just couldn't stand not going back to All Star Sports so no more POP I'm going back to my home! All Star Sports here we come!

Closed Thread

Tags
august 2013, lgmh, planning, resorts, restaurants

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: