Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2014, 09:51 PM   #1
Niki Andiokno
Mouseketeer

I know y'all hate pre-trippies, but i'm too excited to wait

Hi all. Niki here. I know, I know. Everyone hates a Pre-Trip Report. Too bad. If you don't like it, don't read. LOL I am just so excited, I have to share.

I have spent a lot of time the past week (literally hours) holding on the phone with both DVC and Disney Dining in order to make all of my Food & Wine Festival plans. I finally have all of my event and demos set. I had to change a few ADR's to work around my demos, but I am TOTALLLY STOKED

Here are all my plans:

October 24 - Drive from Chicago to Orlando
Check in at BWV YAY!!!!
Dinner at Olivia's Cafe

October 25 - Epcot
12:00PM Alexander Valley Vineyards (Alexander Valley, Sonoma
County, California) wine seminar
6:00 PM Pavan Liqueur de France (Frontignon, France), Brenton
Blanchard, Pavan Liqueur de France
Dinner at Chefs de France

October 26 - Animal Kingdom
Lunch Yak & Yeti
Dinner Boardwalk Bakery
FANTASMIC!

October 27 - MGM
Lunch at HBD Lounge
3:00 PM Brett Laude, Kona Café, Disney’s Polynesian Resort Pork
5:00 PM Dave Barrette, The Wave… of American Flavors,
Disney’s Contemporary Resort Duck
Dinner at La Hacienda with the LEGENDARY BARB (jabead)
So Excited to Meet Barb

October 28 - Magic Kindgdom
I hope to get BOG fastpass for lunch, or maybe Plaza, maybe
GF tea
Dinner cooking for a CM friend Tarragon scallops,grilled citrus
salmon, ginger rice pilaf, spinach salad with strawberries and
asparagus and chocolate cake with frambois sauce
I LOVE to cook as much as eat.

October 29 - Golf in the morning
Wine Wednesday at Jiko
Dinner at Bluezoo

October 30 - Golf in the morning
1:00 PM Terry Letson, fume Bistro and Bar, Napa, CA Halibut
3:00 PM Jerome Brown, Rome’s, Jersey City, NJ Pheasant
Dinner at Il Mulino

October 31 - More golf in the morning
1:00 PM Elizabeth Falkner, ElizabetheFalkner.com, Brooklyn, NY
Duck
2:00PM Marqués de Cáceres (Rioja, Spain)
Swan/Dolphin Food & Wine Classic

November 1 - Parisian Breakfast at Chefs de France
Golf in the afternoon
WPE for the ride home

So there is the line-up. I have to get to Ghirardelli some time. DH Mike will revolt if I don't get tea at GF in there somewhere. I hope to hit a bunch of booths. I had to cancel lunch at Marrakesh in order to go to the Parisian Breakfast, so I hope to hit Tangerine Cafe or Spice Road Table at some point.

I swear, I better start starving myself now. I am not a small woman, but I have to make certain I can still fit into my clothes on the way home.

I know a whole bunch of us Disney foodies are going to be at WDW at this time. I would love to meet up with anyone who will be around. Especially the demonstrations. They can be soooo much fun.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:50 PM   #2
jabead
DIS Veteran

Hi Niki! Your plans look great. I'm so glad that you were willing to include me in your plans for dinner at La Hacienda! It looks like we might also see each other at the Swan & Dolphin F & W Classic on 10/31 and the Parisian breakfast the next morning. Oh, and we're still trying to figure out a time we can all get together for slushies in France or Ghirardelli sundaes or something else yet TBD. Check your email for more discussion in that regard.

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2014, 12:40 AM   #4
Niki Andiokno
Mouseketeer

OMG! So much has been going on that I totally forgot that I had started this pre-trip report. My plans haven't changed that much. I have added a couple places, and deleted only one.

As much as it breaks my heart, I am going to miss Yak n' Yeti again this trip. Thank goodness for my friend Sally who stopped our touring last year to share some appies here last year. Every time I try to do a meal here, something comes up. This time, it is the Chicago Bears game. The schedule wasn't set when I made my ADR for Yak n' Yeti. Now it is. I am a HUGE football fan. DH is an even bigger fan. I would probably consider skipping the game, but that will never happen. So, it looks like ESPN again. Seems like we do lunch there every trip. I am sure I will crank on one of these

Luckily I don't mind the eats. The whole time I will be thinking of these fried green beans.

I have also added Fresh for breakfast with Barb (jabead). I have always wanted to try this place. It will be a good way to fuel up before a round of golf. Barb has also decided to grace me with her presence at Bluezoo. That is my favorite restaurant on property. Maybe even anywhere.

I am hoping to clear my schedule and get outta Chicago Thursday afternoon. That way, I can get to the World Friday morning and hit Typhoon Lagoon. Mike wants to grab some pastries at Boardwalk Bakery before the water park.

The change I am most excited about is my BOG fastpass for lunch. Yay!! I will finally see the inside of the castle. Got some french onion soup planned and we will share a pork coq au vin. Nummy.

We have to plan our Ghirardelli and slushie meets girls.

Thanks for reminding me I started this.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:32 AM   #5
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Not me I looove pre trip dining reports. I plan on starting mine next month for our Dec trip!
Old 10-12-2014, 05:13 PM   #6
Niki Andiokno
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Not me I looove pre trip dining reports. I plan on starting mine next month for our Dec trip!
Good. I love your trip reports.

I have also planned a little time for the booths. I don't know how I am going to eat all this I have planned, but I am site I will have fun trying.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:19 PM   #7
smcabee
Boomer Sooner

DW and I will be at the Swolphin classic that day too and the next day as well. Lol probably Il Mulino that same night as you as well depending on what time we arrive Thursday. Hope you have a great trip.
smcabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 11:27 PM   #8
Niki Andiokno
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcabee View Post
DW and I will be at the Swolphin classic that day too and the next day as well. Lol probably Il Mulino that same night as you as well depending on what time we arrive Thursday. Hope you have a great trip.
Cool! I am always up for a dismeet, if you want to say Hi. Looks like a bunch of us Dis'ers are going to the F&W Classic. I hate photos of myself, but here is my favorite pic from the Classic last year taken with the handsome Todd English. Come up and say "Hey" any time.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:37 PM   #9
Niki Andiokno
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Hey Niki, how are your plans coming along?
How are your plans coming? When will you arrive?
Old 10-15-2014, 02:04 AM   #10
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki Andiokno View Post
How are your plans coming? When will you arrive?
Hey Niki, we arrive at WDW on Tuesday 10/22 (although we fly out to Orlando on Saturday)

Pretty much all planned out now - what was supposed to be a laid-back trip has turned into a jam-packed one.

Thu 10/23 - HS
Fri 10/24 - EPCOT and MNSSHP
Sat 10/25 - DTD dyring the day (lunch at Paradiso 37) and Jellyrolls at night
Sun 10/26 - EPCOT
Mon 10/27 - chill day (no plans as yet)
Tue 10/28 - MK (lunch at LTT) - are you up for a meet in the afternoon?
Wed 10/29 - AK
Thu 10/30 - EPCOT (lunch at Teppan Edo) - if you have some time you could meet Barb, Linda and I for grey goose slushies
Fri 10/31 - HS, then dinner at HOB and La Nouba
Sat 1/11 - MK, then going home

Hope we get to see you around at some point.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:34 PM   #11
Niki Andiokno
Mouseketeer

Joh, I remember you said Jellyrolls. I have a note that I might try to crash your party, as DH hates Jellyrolls and I typically go alone.

A MK meet would be nice. I hope to make it there at rope drop and do as many rides as possible. I am so happy I got my BOG fastpass for that day. I really want to see the inside of the castle. I am not sure how long we will be at MK. I am cooking for my friend that night, and I am not certain what time I will be going there. I figure I will be at the MK til mid afternoon at least. I typically eat late, but my buddy has a youngster so I am not certain of the time.

I am totally up for a slushie meet. I am really looking forward to trying the Passionfruit slushy. I hear it tastes like Jungle Juice from Boma. Yummy.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:32 AM   #12
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki Andiokno View Post
Joh, I remember you said Jellyrolls. I have a note that I might try to crash your party, as DH hates Jellyrolls and I typically go alone.

A MK meet would be nice. I hope to make it there at rope drop and do as many rides as possible. I am so happy I got my BOG fastpass for that day. I really want to see the inside of the castle. I am not sure how long we will be at MK. I am cooking for my friend that night, and I am not certain what time I will be going there. I figure I will be at the MK til mid afternoon at least. I typically eat late, but my buddy has a youngster so I am not certain of the time.

I am totally up for a slushie meet. I am really looking forward to trying the Passionfruit slushy. I hear it tastes like Jungle Juice from Boma. Yummy.
Niki, message me with your cell phone number and we can stay in touch and you can let me know if you are going to drop by Jellyrolls on Saturday night
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 01:39 PM   #13
Niki Andiokno
Mouseketeer

UGH!!!! DH keeps want to change plans on me based on TV! TV? Really? Doesn't he know I have nummy food to eat?

Anyway, our first night is the season opener of his favorite show Grimm. It just happens to be at the same time as my Olivia's Cafe reservation. I just love the New York Strip here. DH always gets it, while I get seafood. I always have plate envy. This time I was determined to get my own steak, not just steal bites from him. Now, he wants to scrap the whole reservation to watch TV.

Does anyone know if I can get my steak carry-out from Olivia's? That would be a compromise. I still get yummy steak and he gets to watch TV. Otherwise, I probably will end up at WPE. Don't get me wrong. I Love WPE. But not as much as Olivia's.

Help.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: