Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2014, 04:54 PM   #1
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Mother/Son Dining 8/29/14 - 9/3/14

Ds22 and I took a little trip that included labor day week end.

He usually doesnt like seafood or fish.

8/29 - Rosies All American. Ds grabbed something for us while the frozen stage show and fireworks were going on. He had a black bean burger and said it was good. He got me the kids meal chicken nuggets. I thought these were pretty hard to chew and way too much coating on them and not too much chicken.

Dolphin Fountain to go - Ds had the brownie sundae and pronounced too much and real sugar coma. I had a scoop of the banana ice cream and I think mint? Both of them didnt have too much flavor.

8/30 Lotus Blossom Cafe. (Lunch) It was blasting hot and we just stopped at the first place we saw. Ds had the sesame chicken salad. He said it was good but way too much dressing. I had the kids meal sweet and sour chicken. This chicken was way better than the kids meal chicken yesterday. Thought the rice could have been cooked more. It was hard. Also strange there were 3 carrots in the meal. They were hot and not like the regular prepackaged ones you get with the kids meals. I dont know if this had anything to do with culture. I know my dh goes to China alot and said cold foods are not the norm there.

Coral Reef - Even though ds does not like seafood he asked to eat here for the experience. Much to our surprise we got to have a tankside table! Ds was thrilled. The rolls were terrible and tasteless I think. We ate them anyway because we were so hungry. We both ordered the lobster soup and it was great. Ds entree was the pork belly. Ds said it had a lot of fat. He didnt care for it all that much but said it was good. There was a white jalapeno cream sauce on top. Just seeing how it was presented made me almost sick. I dont want to say what it looked like. I got the steak. it was coked perfect medium. It came with 2 asparagus pears which I gave to ds. I think I had mashed potatoes too. For dessert we shared the turtle cheesecake. It was a cute presentation. Underneath the cheesecake was the cookie which was the turtle shape with legs sticking out etc. This was very good.

8/31 Sun. Note to self - Never do 2 buffets in a day (more to follow)

Tusker House Lunch - ds asked for this. He loved the samosas. I liked the watermelon with feta, cucumber salad, chickpea salad, carved beef and gravy. Favorite dessert was the strawberry mousse cups. I know ds liked it because he had about 3 plates of food. The characters were good although we did not go there for that.

Hollywood and Vine dinner - I was honestly too full from lunch to really enjoy this. I did like the beef mushroom barley soup. I dont think there was too much beef in it but it was really good. I had some of the cold shrimp. There werent really alot of cold choices. I had some bbq citrus chicken. It had a mandarin orange on top I think. It was good. Ds liked the red velvet cake and choc. covered strawberries.

9/1 Mon. MNSSHP

Sleepy Hollow - Ds and I shared the pumpkin waffle with ice cream. He asked for extra cinnamon. It was really good! Small World - the girl serving him was in the cp program and went to his old college. So they talked a little.

Be Our Guest - Dinner
We both had the potato leek soup. Good as always. Ds had the pork chop. I had the braised pork. I think the braised pork could use some gravy. I think the veg. had too much garlic flavor. I asked for a side of mac and cheese because i really like it. I didnt care for the cauliflower mashed potatos. Ds wanted to try some of my potatoes and he didnt care for them either. I had the strawberry cupcake for dessert and ds got the special dessert of the night, the choc. cream puff with blood orange filling. The filling was great. Ds didnt care for it at all so i gave him half my cupcake and I ate the cream puff too. He did eat the chocolate bat on top.

Tues 9/2 - It was too hot for us again, so we went to Rosies All American again.
Ds and I both had the turkey sand. kids meal because it was the only cold choice they had, no adult cold choices.

La Nouba - we just had popcorn, pretzel (way too salty), nachos (ds had these) and cinnamon almonds. These were yummy!

I kept asking ds if he wanted something to eat. We passed so many places at the Marketplace, downtown etc, but we ended up with nothing so we just went back to the hotel and swam. I think he regretted this because he was pretty hungry when we got back and the BC Marketplace was closed after 11 pm. He ate some of his candy from trick or treating at MNSSHP.

Wed 9/3 - Captains Grille Breakfast Buffet

This was really good. The chef makes omelets and I just had a ham and cheese. Ds had ham, cheese, bacon, tomato and spinach. The canteloupe and grapes were good. The mini muffins were choc. chip, and 2 other kind. Maybe corn was one or oatmeal? I didnt care for the bacon but ds said the turkey sausage was good. The cinnamon rolls and banana bread were good. I tried a little of the pineapple bread pudding. Didnt care for it all that much. I also asked for milk and oj. I think the oj was way too sour and ds had choc milk and was happy.

Beaches and Cream dinner

This used to be one of my favorite places. I think it will be a while before I go back here. I miss the turkey club from the menu. I ordered a cheeseburger medium because there was really nothing else I saw that I liked. Ds got the chef salad. I think the burger tasted strange. I even had ds try it and he didnt care for it either. I dont know what was wrong with it. It tasted like mush. I tried some of ds salad. It was good but a little too much dressing was on it. I dont know if you could ask for it dry and add your own dressing on the side. I think that would be better. It seemed drenched in dressing upon presentation. We both ordered a 2 scoop sundae. I think ds had something with peanut butter. I asked for one scoop of mint choc chip and 1 scoop of butter pecan. I kept digging in the sundae and no butter pecan. We had to go catch our ride back to the airport. I did tall our server I didnt get the butter pecan. She gave me a scoop to go. Ds also asked for his to go as he wasnt done. She gave us cups with no lids. When we ask for something to go around here you get a lid with it. I just thought that was strange. So because of this whole experience I wont be back for a while . i told dh about it for our dec. trip but he still want to go. I am not looking forward to it if he drags me there.

All in all it was just a normal dining experience. Nothing really stood out at all.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:38 AM   #2
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Thank you for posting your reviews. I hope you and your son had a wonderful time and that you enjoy your food more in December when it is cooler.

My best/favorite dining experiences was on a trip we took in November. It was cool enough that I actually enjoyed eating, lol.

Thanks eandesmom!!!
SunnieRN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2014, 07:15 AM   #3
DaisyNY
DIS Veteran

The pumpkin waffle with ice cream sounds amazing...Thanks for sharing!

March '14...WL, Disney Dream, BLT, October '13...GF,
December '12...WL, June '11...WL
Before...Many other magical trips including Poly, POR, and CBR... LUCKY US!!!
DaisyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:20 PM   #4
rugbygirl
Earning My Ears

Great post. I love reading specifics about what people liked/didn't like about a particular restaurants.

How wonderful that you were able to take a mother/son trip.
rugbygirl is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: