Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2014, 12:53 PM   #1
orlandochick
Earning My Ears

Sorry! A few more questions!

2 very quick things this time, do they serve mickey waffles or pancakes at breakfast on the ships and do characters make an appearances!

That's all folks, thanks x
orlandochick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:59 PM   #2
Malefigrunt
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandochick View Post
2 very quick things this time, do they serve mickey waffles or pancakes at breakfast on the ships and do characters make an appearances!

Yes to the waffles. No to character breakfasts on the Dream and Fantasy-- the tables are too close together. On Magic and Wonder cruises with three or more sea days (or 2 sea days and a late port arrival), passengers are scheduled for a character breakfast.
Malefigrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2014, 01:47 PM   #3
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandochick View Post

Yes, you will find Mickey waffles on the breakfast buffet.

As for the characters, are you asking if they make appearances on the ships in general? Or if they make appearances during breakfast?

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:55 PM   #4
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

i'm not sure why but i found on our last cruise the mickey waffles were there less often than they were there. i would ask if they had them and half the time they would say yes and get them from behind the counter and the other half of the time they said no, they were not serving them.
this was the first time i have run into this. long and short, if you don't see them at the pancake station then ask a server.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:24 PM   #5
orlandochick
Earning My Ears

Thanks yes I meant character appearances at breakfast, didn't make myself very clear. We are on the dream so guess that's a no then!

Oh well all the more reason to book a character breakfast back at DW!

X
Old 05-29-2014, 02:55 PM   #6
SillyInventor
Mouseketeer

That's always good as a possible Character Breakfast will be scheduled as part of your dining rotation and the specific morning cannot be changed. Second I read many reviews of this event here on the board that state it is rushed, so be safe and book in in WDW.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:11 PM   #7
DahliaRW
DIS Veteran

We did not find Mickey waffles at Cabanas on our last cruise, just in the MDRs that were open for breakfast, fyi.
Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise January 18-25, 2014
Walt Disney World (Port Orleans Riverside) January 25-29, 2014 (Epcot, AK, MK, Epcot, HS)

DahliaRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:14 PM   #8
orlandochick
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahliaRW View Post
We did not find Mickey waffles at Cabanas on our last cruise, just in the MDRs that were open for breakfast, fyi.
Thanks for the info gotta love mickey waffles
Old 05-29-2014, 04:16 PM   #9
orlandochick
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahliaRW View Post
Thanks for the info! Gotta love mickey waffles
Old 05-29-2014, 04:25 PM   #10
noahdove
DIS Veteran

guess I will have to add the waffles to my list, as I don't remember them from my first cruise..
Old 05-29-2014, 04:27 PM   #11
orlandochick
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove View Post
guess I will have to add the waffles to my list, as I don't remember them from my first cruise..
Definitely! That them at Cape May cafe character breakfast with maple syrup and macerated fruit! Was the best breakfast of my whole holiday
Old 05-29-2014, 04:55 PM   #12
kiford
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyInventor View Post
That's always good as a possible Character Breakfast will be scheduled as part of your dining rotation and the specific morning cannot be changed. Second I read many reviews of this event here on the board that state it is rushed, so be safe and book in in WDW.
We didn't find it to be rushed, but we were at the second seating so perhaps it's not as busy. They had time to allow us to take two pictures of each character (and there was Chip, Dale, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto) with each person. I have a great photo of my husband with Pluto where Pluto has his mouth around DH's head and was making chomping noises as I took the picture. And the servers made napkin hats for everybody. I ended up with a giant Minnie napkin bow on my head.

However, as was pointed out, this only occurs on Magic or Wonder and only on certain cruises. We were on the June 2013 Med cruise (Magic). You get told the night before that there is a character breakfast the next day; if you are at early dinner seating, you'll be assigned to early breakfast seating, etc.

I'm not normally one for character meals but the whole table (8 of us) elected to do it together and had a blast.

WDW: 1986 (off-site), 1991 (CB), 2000 (BI), 2005 (BC/BI), 2008 (BI/AKL), 2011 (BC/GF), 2012 (GF), 2013 (BC)

Me (49) Him (52)
kiford is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: