Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2012, 12:24 AM   #76
disneyquilter
Just keep swimmin'...

I'm in!!

We will be dining at RR in a couple of weeks and can't wait!!! It looks so good!! Can't wait for the Yachtsman review!! Your reviews are fantastic

Disneyland...Premium AP since '94...too many trips to count *~* WDW...2005 ASM/CSR ~ 2007 POFQ ~ 2009 CSR ~ 2012 CBR ~ 2015 Wilderness Lodge ~ 2017 AKL
disneyquilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #77
jabead
DIS Veteran

Great review of Raglan Road, Karla! You know, I have always gotten the Fish & Chips (as I really like them there ), but your DD's Pie in the Sky looks and sounds so good that I just might consider giving it a try next time. And btw, that thing is huge...nearly as big as her head!

While I do really like RR's bread pudding, the top layer can be a little dry. I wish now our server would have suggested dumping it all out onto the plate. Oh well, I will know to do this next time around, so thanks for the tip!

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #78
DisneyMomFanatic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyquilter View Post
I'm in!!

We will be dining at RR in a couple of weeks and can't wait!!! It looks so good!! Can't wait for the Yachtsman review!! Your reviews are fantastic
I hope you have as great a dining experience as we did. I really didn't know what I was missing at RR not having gone there ever. Yachtsman should be up tonight and this is one that I have been waiting for, thankfully we dined there the first night and I don't have to hold it in too much longer. Thanks for the kind words and glad to have you along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Great review of Raglan Road, Karla! You know, I have always gotten the Fish & Chips (as I really like them there ), but your DD's Pie in the Sky looks and sounds so good that I just might consider giving it a try next time. And btw, that thing is huge...nearly as big as her head!

While I do really like RR's bread pudding, the top layer can be a little dry. I wish now our server would have suggested dumping it all out onto the plate. Oh well, I will know to do this next time around, so thanks for the tip!
Barb, it's funny that you should mention the size of her pie, I mean head. I almost commented on that but seeing as how she was being good in that picture, I didn't want to embarass her at all. And it really was huge and full of great chicken. Thanks for the kind words. That fish and chips was simple but light yet filling (odd and yet true). That batter is not heavy at all. My DH looked at the plate when it was put in front of him and Josh right away said the best way to eat it is spread out the pudding and use as much of the sauces as you like and it covers it all.. Helping out whereever I can!!
Me, DH, & DS: Dec '99 off prop (parent's house), Nov '00 Contemporary, April '02 POR
Me, DH, DS, &DD:April '03 off prop (parent's house), April '05 off prop (parent's house), June '06 off prop (parent's house), August '07 POP, Dec '08/Jan '09 POP,August '10 Contemporary, August '12 AoA, July '14 POR

Where is the funnel cake?
I found the funnel cake, now where is the chocolate covered pineapple?
DisneyMomFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #79
DisneyMomFanatic
DIS Veteran

Day 1 Dinner: Yachtsman Steakhouse

Day 1 Dinner: Yachtsman Steakhouse

So after a few hours at the pool relaxing with mom and dad, we gussied ourselves up for our dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse. Would it be as wonderful as I had built it up in my head? Would I pick the right entrée for me? Would the clouds part and sunbeams shine on my dinner? Please follow along on my journey and see what happened…

We arrived and were checked in and within 20 minutes (we had arrived a little early as we were excited to have this meal). Our server was Ann. She was fantastic. She handed us our menus and DH’s and mine had Happy Anniversary on them. She explained everything that we could have including smoothies and all virgin drinks were ok on the plan. So Dkids both had a smoothie, Alex had chocolate and Paige had strawberry. The adults were boring and just had soda/lemonade. We were brought bread service with the butter and garlic.

I have to say that when I first saw this on another review, I thought I won’t be touching that garlic, ewww. Now, I like garlic in things, but as the main ingredient so prominent? I think not. So it came out and sat right in front of me. The bread was warm and butter soft enough to spread and garlic, right there in front of me, staring at me, begging to be put on my bread. I could literally hear it, “Karla, I am soooooo good, please, let me add depth and heartiness to your bread, please…” Well, how can you not say yes to that? I gave in and boy am I glad I did. The bread by itself is ok as far as a sourdough roll but with that butter and garlic, I started to hear the songs play in my head. They were singing that I had entered a realm of goodness that I had formerly not known before. Then it came time to order our appetizers. Ann again was fantastic. She took my order first, yes, I would love to have the
Lobster Bisque - Maine Lobster, Herbs de Provence bescuit, and roe Chantilly

DS also got the bisque. I wanted to have Ann bring out the pot and just keep filling up my bowl for me. It had bits(small chunks) of lobster in it and it was very hearty without feeling heavy. I could see the Hallelujah choir assembling in the corner of the restaurant. Would I give them a chance to sing????
Oh yeah, my DD and DH got the same thing for their appetizer it was
Mussels and clams- squid/salt /cod brandade/ squash blossom/tomato broth.

I tried just a small piece and it was light and flavorful. They both really enjoyed this as it didn’t fill them up too much before their steaks.
Ann had taken our orders and I have to say that she really is a class act server. She let the children place their own orders and only looked to me for temperatures of the steaks. They both ordered the
12-oz "Prime" New York Strip Steak - Carmody potato gratin and peppercorn bandy sauce

Well, they got the steak anyway. They also both got the sauce on the side as they weren’t sure how peppery it might be. DD got the mashed potatoes and DS go the herbed fries. The steaks both won but there was much mmmm, yummy and O.M.G’s to be had from them. Would DH and I have the same reaction??? Please let it be so…

DH ordered (drum roll please) the
28-oz Center Cut Porterhouse - Smoked Paprika Fries, and Roasted Garlic Butter

He got the Sauteed Mushroom Caps - with garlic, cream and Cabernet Wine Sauce
instead of the fries. He got it done medium rare and he says it was bar none THE best steak he has ever had in his entire life and this man lived in Texas for 4 years. I believe that is three choirs singing in unison for my family. Would they sing for me?

I ordered the
8-oz Center Cut Filet Mignon - Mashed Potatoes, and Cabernet Wine Sauce

I ordered it medium. It came to me and I prayed and begged it, please be the best thing ever to hit my tastebuds. I had a knife and barely used it. I cut my first piece and lovingly placed it upon my tongue and started to chew and it literally melted in my mouth. The choir director took his place and birds sang with the choir and sunbeams were shining down on my plate. I let out the biggest sigh I think I have ever felt and in my best and most appropriate voice I could muster, said, OH MY GOODNESS that is divine superbness, better than anything that has ever passed my mouth previously in my life. The stars and the planets were all aligned and aimed right at my plate. It was succulent, perfectly prepared and aged with nice flavor. I did end up leaving a few pieces on the plate so I could have dessert. Now, I did try the potatoes but didn’t have too many and they were good, but the sun beams didn’t go for them like it did for the steak. Ok, now onto dessert.
I ordered the

I can’t find the name of it right now, but this was so crunchy and yummy and a bit filling. The little cake part was a bit heavy but chocolaty and peanutty goodness. The gelato part had some salt on top and I made a bit of an error by trying a small spoonful with a big piece of that with a little gelato and oh,my salt! But for my life I have absolutely NO idea about that white stuff, it didn’t taste like anything. But this was super yummy.
My DH had the

Again, not on the menu and don’t know the name but it had pistachios and cherries and some kind of cake. He liked it but he was so full he couldn’t concentrate on flavor at that point. He did say that he would like to have it again and try it when he is not so stuffed to the gills.
The Dchildren both had the
The Yachtsman Sundae - Trio of Gelato with Amarena Cherries

Again, they were so full it was basically just going through the motions at that point but it was good ice cream they said.

So our bill was $303.93 or 8 TS credits or $37.99/credit
So was it worth it and what would I rate it?

So yes it was worth it. The service was spot on and Ann was the cat’s meow. She treated my babies like the little adults they were and let them take care of their own orders. Our water glasses never got below half empty and the pace of the meal was perfect. She had other tables but was always nearby and ready to answer any questions we had. She treated us like we were her only table there. The food was perfectly prepared, flavored and presented. I may need to change my rating system. 5 doesn’t seem nearly enough for this. So I think what I will do is
5 for appetizers
5 for entrees and
5 for dessert (at least my own)

This one meal alone has now convinced my DH to try more signature restaurants in WDW. Thank you Yachtsman Steakhouse!!! Oh, and yes we will be doing Yachtsman again!
Me, DH, & DS: Dec '99 off prop (parent's house), Nov '00 Contemporary, April '02 POR
Me, DH, DS, &DD:April '03 off prop (parent's house), April '05 off prop (parent's house), June '06 off prop (parent's house), August '07 POP, Dec '08/Jan '09 POP,August '10 Contemporary, August '12 AoA, July '14 POR

Old 09-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #80
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed Yachtsman so much. That mussels and clams appetizer looks fantastic! And we both loved the salted caramel gelato that came with your dessert (it's the peanut butter and pretzel gianduja cake - we ordered the gelato without the cake).
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #81
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

I should not read this after eating a very uninspiring bowl of Progresso soup. I want that meal right now! Yachtsman is totally going back on my list!

Jill in CO
Old 09-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #82
DisneyMomFanatic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed Yachtsman so much. That mussels and clams appetizer looks fantastic! And we both loved the salted caramel gelato that came with your dessert (it's the peanut butter and pretzel gianduja cake - we ordered the gelato without the cake).
You are correct, you win the gold star! I can't say the name and honestly they could call it whatever they want, I will have it again it was that good! I really did enjoy Yachtsman. It hit high notes at every turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I should not read this after eating a very uninspiring bowl of Progresso soup. I want that meal right now! Yachtsman is totally going back on my list!

Jill in CO

Jill, I feel ya on that one. I wrote this tonight after having a bowl of almost al dente pasta with butter and grated parm cheese on it and a cup of Dr. Pepper. So not Yachtsman or even an off property breakfast buffet!

Old 09-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #83
jabead
DIS Veteran

I absolutely loved your review of YSH, Karla! Sooo funny with the choir singing! And I'm very happy that you enjoyed your meal so much, as I am a huge fan of YSH and their filet with mashed potatoes.

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
jabead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #84
DisneyMomFanatic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
I absolutely loved your review of YSH, Karla! Sooo funny with the choir singing! And I'm very happy that you enjoyed your meal so much, as I am a huge fan of YSH and their filet with mashed potatoes.
My DH says I should have been eating corn at the time since the review turned out so CORNY!!! Who me, no . I am glad I liked it too because I really wanted to like it and I know my carnivore hubby wanted to love it. The kids were both in steak heaven and want to go back. To paraphrase Guy Fieri (sp)...Winner, winner steak dinner!!!

Old 09-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #85
Kat in GA
DIS Veteran

We are going to be eating at Yachtsman in about 3 weeks and I cannot wait. And your review - well it's making it even harder to wait. We are doing deluxe for the first time - and I am so looking forward to all our signature dining - and this one especially!!
Coronado Springs - April 2013; AKL - CL - Feb 2013; ASMo - Dec 2012; AoA, BWV & CR - Sept/Oct 2012; POR - May/June 2012; All star Sports - April 2012; BC - Feb 2012; Caribbean Beach - Dec 2011; AKL - Nov 2011; Offsite - Oct 2011; POP & WL - Aug/Sept 2011; Offsite June/July 2011; POFQ- Sept 2009; Coronado Springs - Sept 2007; Offsite - Jan 2007; POFQ - Sept 2006

Kat in GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #87
jerseytinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Loving all your yummy food pics so far! So glad you enjoyed your meal at YS! Thank goodness you did try the garlic with your bread because it is to die for. Your soup and dessert look fabulous too! I am disappointed in myself for only ordering an entree at YS on my last trip. I definitely need the full experience there next time. Looking forward to reading more about your trip!
jerseytinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #88
dawnmichele
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomFanatic View Post
One other thing, I have 1 real regret from this trip, I kept thinking in my head that I should try creme brule and I stopped myself everytime. Reasons were, my DH doesn't like it and didn't think I should get it, and I have never had it
Oh DisneyMomFanatic, creme brule is the best dessert ever! IMHO, of course. I hope you get a chance to try some somewhere soon.
dawnmichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #89
dixonsontour
DIS Veteran

Great yachtsman review
20ish trips to USA 1997 onwards including All Star Movies Dec 2009 with DDP, OKW Oct 2010 with DDP, Floridays Resort Oct 2011, Bahama Bay resort May 2012, OKW Oct 2012 with DxDDP, All Star Movies Oct 2013 with DDP

DH 39 Me 39 DD 8

Perfectly Princess Tea Party Review Disney Dining 2010 Review
Dining on a budget - $100 a day with coupons All new Dining on a Budget of $100 May 2012
Dixons go Deluxe Oct/Nov 12
dixonsontour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #90
Roma
Mouseketeer

I had booked YS for our upcoming trip but DH liked the look of the AP menu better so we ended up switching. The temptation is strong to switch back after your review! Your children's strip steak is making me salivate all over the screen.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: