Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #76
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

The pizza itself might not have been too memorable, but at least there's a fun story behind it. And Cape May looks solid! Of all the character meals, it's one that I'd be relatively willing to try (for the opportunity to be in a picture with Donald in his beach attire). Glad it was a good experience and that you were able to get some great family pics there.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #77
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Sounds like a wonderful breakfast. I love the Mickey Waffles too!
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #78
happy2012
♫ ♪There's a great big beautiful tomorrow Shinin' at the end of ev'ry day♫ ♪

Well, I'm all caught up now!
The pizza story was funny since I read Jabead's review as well. I would stop there to mess w/ him, but I can't bring myself to go out of my way to eat WDW pizza. I wonder if he knows he's DIS FAMOUS!?
It seems ur man really ended up enjoying himself even w/ the characters!! Love it!

Last edited by happy2012; 09-07-2012 at 06:22 PM.
happy2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #79
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead

Ahhh...Mickey Waffles. I can't believe I have never had one of these. When the kids were young, we went to all the character breakfasts but I never chose to have a Mickey Waffle. I guess I just picked foods that I could eat quickly without having to add condiments or cut etc., since I was always too busy helping the kids and taking pictures. And now that the kids are all grown...well, you know how they are about breakfasts.

But on our next trip (whenever that is), I am determined to have a Mickey Waffle! So now I have to ask, where all can I get one these???
You've never had Mickey waffles?! That's the saddest thing I've read all day. Given how your family feels about breakfast, you might want to try Roaring Fork at WL for your waffles. That way you won't have to drag everyone to a TS. They have some toppings there as well I believe... Bananas foster maybe?
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #80
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Fantastic review of cape may. I love the characters in their beach outfits, that will have to go on the list of places to try.
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #81
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Sorry BW Pizza Window wasnt very good, but at least you got to cross off one of your list items

Cape May bkfst is one of my kids faves. We are dining there in Dec.

Cant wait for more
Old 09-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #82
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
Ugh I hate dry, tasteless pizza! But your interaction with the guy at the window was great.

On my return flight from Europe we switched planes twice (blehh!!) and ended up eating FOUR meals. It was noon our time when we finally got home (after 15 hours) and I was all messed up in terms of when I was supposed to be eating. I just ended up going to sleep so I could start over.
Oh my 15 hrs is a looooong flight! I'd go stir crazy. I like your cure - go to sleep and start over!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Okay... I have been WATCHING for your reviews and when I finally see them you are on Page 4!!

Sorry I'm late to the party! Can't wait to read about all your meals!!!
No worries Paula! Glad you are here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC View Post
HAHA! Now I get the pizza guy thing. If I'd heard a total like that after asking for three slices I would have fallen over! That's such a shame about the pizza quality though. And I know exactly what you mean about wanting to impress those who aren't as in love with Disney food as you...it seems like the first few dishes ALWAYS backfire. "No, really, trust me, MOST of it is GREAT!"
At least I tried it and marked it off the list of places that we have eaten. Can't say that we would go back again but - check!

You get it.... and even though the first place wasn't so great it did get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in
Hi there MiaBella! Thanks for bringing your popcorn with you and hanging out over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Dry, tasteless pizza isn't the best but at least you can cross an item off your list! There's always a silver lining, right?
Yes, at least I got that crossed off my list!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
OMG!!! It's the same pizza dude! Thank you so much for the video evidence. I kept waiting for the guy to finally crack a smile when he saw that he was being videoed. But nope...nothing. Perhaps after the camera stopped rolling???

And for anyone that didn't read about my experience with this same "pizza dude" and therefore doesn't quite understand why I sent Brenda to "mess" with him just a bit, here is a LINK.

Excellent start, Brenda! Bonus points for the video!
Thanks for sharing that Barb. It really helped the context of the "challenge" for that item. So anyone going to WDW and passing by the BW Pizza window - say Hi to Eddie and let him know that Brenda says Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYDUET View Post
$31 for 3 slices!!! We always order a whole pizza that way it's fresh. Never trust the single slice! lol
Hi there! Oops! I should have clarified that. It was $31 if I had ordered an entire pizza + 2 slices (not sure if that included drinks.) The actual cost of our meal was $21 which was for 3 slices and 3 drinks - or $7 per person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStinkerbelle View Post
That's some pretty good looking airplane food! Can't wait to read more.
At least my food was good!! Thanks for joining and reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC View Post
OHHHH! Of course! I remember that post and the ridiculous "if you ask for it I HAVE to give it to you!" story! I don't know how I didn't make the connection. I blame all the excitement on the review board lately! How funny that it was the same guy!
See...I should have included Jabeads link - it would have helped those who read her review to make that connection! Glad that Barb helped jog your memory. But yes, that quote is pretty funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
Yuck to dry, tasteless pizza! I know exactly what you mean when you say you can tell before you even taste it just how it's going to be. Pizza gets an almost petrified look when it's been sitting under the heat lamps for a while ... dry, dull cheese and dried pepperoni chips are not my idea of good eating, LOL! Hopefully Michael will be more impressed with your next Disney food experience.
You described what we ate so well!!! But YES, Michael did have some wonderful entrees before the trip was over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Seems I am late for this party too. But I'm here finally and now back to see what I've missed.
Oh hi Kathy. Glad you are here! It is confusing since I am doing a simultaneous DR and TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Lol, I wonder what pizza guy is thinking, with women asking him about sausage pizza all of a sudden.

He certainly didn't seem to be smiling, what so ever, lol.

I am looking forward to you impressing your DH with future meals! I would agree that it would be hard to beat the scenery though!
Ha! That's funny shortstuff! Now I am starting to feel guilty like I was just using the guy to get an item crossed off my list!!!

Quote:
I so needed a laugh today and catching up on your dining report did that for me. My husband would probably have been doing the same thing, or something similiar, with his hot cloth to wash his hands. Men are truly little kids most of the time, aren't they?

I'm glad you enjoyed your meals on the plane trip. I truly miss not having a meal on the plane (now you don't even get a bag of peanuts anymore).

I've learned one thing in our over 20+ visits to Disney World...NEVER order pizza. It's just not good at Disney or most of Florida for that matter (I think it is the water and the ovens they use).

I'm so looking forward to the REAL reviews.
I agree Kathy! I think many women are married to little boys that didn't grow up - but I wouldn't want it any other way.

And yes, I think I learned my lesson about the pizza - other than Via Napoli.

I saw your great news about Alisha!! I am so very happy that all went well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2012 View Post
Yay I can't wait to get all caught up on ur review!! I don't see how I missed the start of it. You always have such nice messages on other people's reviews. I can't wait to read but no time right now.
No worries happy2012! Thanks for reading! Awwww thank for such a compliment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut1149 View Post
Hi
I can't wait for your reviews!!! Thanks for sharing!!
Hi Disnut!! Thanks for joining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Joining in to hear all about your dining adventures. I just returned today from another great trip to DLR in your neck of the woods!
Hi there! Oh my you were out here? I hope you had a great trip. If you ever come back I would love to meet up sometime! We were just at D-land last night. The park actually closed at 5pm since they were having a red carpet event for all of their employees celebrating 10 years of service or longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinlife25 View Post
Joining in!
Hi livinlife! Thank you for joining in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie_Mom View Post
Hooray for getting an item checked off your "to-do" list! Can't wait to read how all your other tasks went.
YES! Stay tuned to see how I did with the list.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #83
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
I love your "challenges" from jabead! This is going to be fun!! I've also loved looking at all of your Disney pictures. I seriously don't think it's possible for anyone in your family to take a bad photo! I also loved your guest appearance in our CRT photos. In one of them I think you knighting your DH with your wand or something
Jabead's challenges made it fun! Especially the part about meeting other Disers.

Awww thanks! And if you noticed I only posted about 160 photos or so for only my 1st album. I think you had what 28 photos - all very nice might I say. It was so funny to see me in the background in two of your photos!! At least I wasn't picking my nose or something!

Michael handed me the wand while they were doing the prince/princess music thing and said "participate" so I had to do something with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
Looks like a very nice breakfast buffet at Cape May and I love the pics of you and your family with Goofy, Minnie and Donald. You all look like you're having a great time! We've never been to Cape May, but I'd love to stay at one of the Epcot resorts on a future trip, if I can drag myself away from my beloved POFQ . Cape May breakfast would definitely be on my "must try" list if we ever stay at the Beach Club.

Thanks for the update!
Isn't that funny how so many of us become attached to our favorite resorts and it is hard to change! I completely understand. We took the boat from PO Riverside to DTD and saw the beautiful buildings at POFQ - so lovely.

Yes, at least try Cape May for the food and the really cool unique beach wearing characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymom77 View Post
Can't wait to hear your reviews!
Hi there Disneymom. Thanks for joining!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Ahhh...Mickey Waffles. I can't believe I have never had one of these. When the kids were young, we went to all the character breakfasts but I never chose to have a Mickey Waffle. I guess I just picked foods that I could eat quickly without having to add condiments or cut etc., since I was always too busy helping the kids and taking pictures. And now that the kids are all grown...well, you know how they are about breakfasts.

But on our next trip (whenever that is), I am determined to have a Mickey Waffle! So now I have to ask, where all can I get one these???
What??? No Mickey waffles - EVER?? We need to remedy that. I must present you with a list and it will have Mickey waffles at the top of the list!!!

Someone will chime in but I've had Mickey waffles at Contempo Cafe, Cape May, Akershus, 1900 Park Fare, Captain's Grille, Crystal Palace, and I'm sure I'm missing about a dozen others.

Quote:
Ooooh...you are making me so excited for our Cape May breakfast in December for Mark's 60th. It's been four years since we've been there and I can't wait to get back.

I love Mickey Waffles and your potatos look yummy.

Great pictures with the characters. Love how Michael reacted to Goofy with you.
Yay for Cape May during Mark's surprise bday trip - after so long! I hope you enjoy your Mickey waffles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Looks like a wonderful breakfast!! Was the food for the most part hot?! My main concern at buffets is luke warm food that should be hot!
We only did buffets for breakfast and for what I got, it was pretty consistently hot when it was supposed to be hot. There was one meal that wasn't so hot... wait a bit for that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
The pizza itself might not have been too memorable, but at least there's a fun story behind it. And Cape May looks solid! Of all the character meals, it's one that I'd be relatively willing to try (for the opportunity to be in a picture with Donald in his beach attire). Glad it was a good experience and that you were able to get some great family pics there.
I had forgotten how much I loved Cape May. The service has been great both times (even compared to other buffets) the food selection was good, and the quality of the food was great. I didn't even take photos of all of the unique breakfast options.

I think a photo of you in a tropical print shirt next to Donald at this place would be priceless!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Sounds like a wonderful breakfast. I love the Mickey Waffles too!
Yay! Another Mickey waffle lover!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2012 View Post
Well, I'm all caught up now!
The pizza story was funny since I read Jabead's review as well. I would stop there to mess w/ him, but I can't bring myself to go out of my way to eat WDW pizza. I wonder if he knows he's DIS FAMOUS!?
It seems ur man really ended up enjoying himself even w/ the characters!! Love it!
Hi happy2012! Glad you read Jabead's review to put it into context. Ha! You are the smart one to not even go to the pizza window in the first place! Yes, despite whatever he said before the character meals - you will always see him smiling AND posing with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
You've never had Mickey waffles?! That's the saddest thing I've read all day. Given how your family feels about breakfast, you might want to try Roaring Fork at WL for your waffles. That way you won't have to drag everyone to a TS. They have some toppings there as well I believe... Bananas foster maybe?
Like I said, we need to remedy that. Thanks for sharing another place to get these beauties. That was great advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
Fantastic review of cape may. I love the characters in their beach outfits, that will have to go on the list of places to try.
Thanks! And yes, it is a great place for breakfast. I like the concept of the beachwear for the characters but I think it is time to update their look to something with a different fabric/pattern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Sorry BW Pizza Window wasnt very good, but at least you got to cross off one of your list items

Cape May bkfst is one of my kids faves. We are dining there in Dec.

Cant wait for more
How exciting that you get to look forward to Cape May in Dec. Take some photos and share!

And oh my gosh!! How did I miss that you have a PTR?? I've gotta read all about all the exciting things that you have to look forward to soon!!!
Old 09-07-2012, 11:12 PM   #84
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I had forgotten how much I loved Cape May. The service has been great both times (even compared to other buffets) the food selection was good, and the quality of the food was great. I didn't even take photos of all of the unique breakfast options.

I think a photo of you in a tropical print shirt next to Donald at this place would be priceless!!!
It all sounds good! I guess Cape May will have to go on my "list" - partly for the food, but also so I can get that picture.
DonaldDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #85
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Love your review of Cape May. It was kind of a last minute addition for us this year and we enjoyed it as well. Love, love Mickey Waffles! Wish I had some right now!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #86
ILoveMK2008
Every girl's a princess! Love my Prince Charming <3

So here I was wondering why I hadn't got any email updates about your dining report... obviously it's because I was only surprised to your pre-trip report Great reviews so far, excited for more!

Me DH Our fur babies
January 2008 ~ CBR / May 2010 ~ Engaged at the Polynesian <3 / September 2011 ~ Disneymoon at the Poly/ November 2012 - Food and Wine Anniversary Trip

[/SIZE]
ILoveMK2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #87
GoBirds
I go to Disney World for the food

Great reviews! Though jumping back and forth between Jabead's and your posts to catch all the references is wearing me out. We're staying at Yacht Club in a few weeks and can't wait to get back to Cape May Cafe. And while at YC, we'll make sure look out for the pizza guy .... thanks for the video!
GoBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #88
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
Love your review of Cape May. It was kind of a last minute addition for us this year and we enjoyed it as well. Love, love Mickey Waffles! Wish I had some right now!
Hi Vicki! You mean you made changes to your ADRs?? Glad you liked Cape May!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMK2008 View Post
So here I was wondering why I hadn't got any email updates about your dining report... obviously it's because I was only surprised to your pre-trip report Great reviews so far, excited for more!
Thanks IloveMK! Well, I'm glad you found the other half of my reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBirds View Post
Great reviews! Though jumping back and forth between Jabead's and your posts to catch all the references is wearing me out. We're staying at Yacht Club in a few weeks and can't wait to get back to Cape May Cafe. And while at YC, we'll make sure look out for the pizza guy .... thanks for the video!
Oh how awesome that you will be at YC soon! They have done a lot of refurbing there lately.

About that confusion stuff - it's all Jabead's fault since she started it!!!

Seriously though, I hope you have a magical trip!
Old 09-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #89
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi Vicki! You mean you made changes to your ADRs?? Glad you liked Cape May!
What me, make changes! Of course not! It is all Jay & Andrew's fault!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #90
CanadianPaco
Canadian
I was 5'4" because of my big hair

I have read your past reviews and loved them! I am signing in for this one!
Aug 2009 - ASMu / Aug 2010 - POFQ
Aug 2007 - HoJos - DL / April 2009 - HoJos - DL
Aug 2004 - ASMo / July 2005 - Pop
CanadianPaco is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: