Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #16
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Following along over here too of course
Old 09-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #17
Minnie_Mom
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to read all about your dining adventures!

DS's 1st birthday celebration at POFQ: October 2008 l Thanksgiving at CSR: November 2009 l DD's 1st birthday celebration on Land & Sea: September 2010 l DS's 4th birthday extravaganza at CSR: October 2011 l Thanksgiving at Pop Century: November 2012 l Princess Half Marathon at CSR: Feb 2013 l
Disney in December at POR: December 2013
Minnie_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #18
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Here!

Jill in CO
Old 09-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #19
starousse
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in too. I love your dining reviews.
starousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #20
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

I'm in!

Planning a "super-secret" October F&WF weekend!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:49 PM   #21
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Can't wait to follow your report...your restaurant list looks awesome! 12 nights!

Avenger's 1/2 Marathon!
minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #22
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

I'm in I'm in! I love your task list! Thanks to Barb we already know how you did with some of those items... But WHAT is the story behind the BW pizza guy task? Is he a famed curmudgeon or something?
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:57 PM   #23
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

I'm a bit late, but I am here!

Mom & Son - The Last Time? August 2013 ~ Mom & Son Take on Spring Break - March 2013
Mom & Son Head to Food & Wine - November 2012 ~ Mom & Son - One More Time with Dad! August 23rd - Sept 3rd 2012
Mom and Son Take on the Land! - July 2010 Trip Report
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #24
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Coming out of lurkdom to join in, this time. I've lurked my way through all your other reports, and love your style of writing, and the fact that you and your daughter have such great times together. You definitely are the kind of mom I hope my daughter thinks I am!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #25
Tink-n-MrIncredible
DIS Veteran

I'm in.
Tink-n-MrIncredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #26
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Subscribing! I love your reports!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #27
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Signing in from the Mother Road!!
Can't wait to read your reviews
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:40 AM   #28
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Can't wait! I'm particularly interested to hear about your culinary bucket list.
Hi there! I like that term... culinary bucket list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
I am in! Shucks, I have to wait until Day 13 to read about Cinderella's Royal Table!!?? Can't you go in reverse order!?

Just kidding!
Here's a quick review for you Rachel... enter the castle, pose with a princess, go up the stairs, order from the royal menu, food arrives just when the princesses do, smile, eat, smile, eat.... ohhh no, it's over... time to leave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by butiflfeet View Post
Welcome back! I can't wait for your reviews!
Why thanks! Glad that you are joining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
Yay! So excited for your reviews!
Hi there Tracy! I am far behind you and you came back after me.... I'm looking really bad here! Thanks for following along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseytinkerbell View Post
Yay! So glad your reviews are starting!

Sounds like a great lineup! Looking forward to reading all about the items you completed from jabead's list too! I've been following along with some of the updates on her DR and I'm excited to read all about it in detail.
Hi there!!! Glad to see you reading! Jabead certainly made it fun to send some live updates/photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker12 View Post
I'm in!! Can't wait for the reviews!
Awww thanks for joining Tinker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
I'm even more excited for this then I am your TR .
Thanks for joining Roma! I agree since the TR is like the opening act for the DR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Shoot...I feel like I just fell asleep at the DIS wheel. I mean, I barely made onto Page 1!!!

I am soooo in...as if there was ever a doubt!
I am soooooo glad that you are here! I can only hope that my DR is worthy of your presence! Your EPIC review is a tough act to follow!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Yay, now the dining report is up too! I can't wait.
Yay! Mr. DDW has joined in!!! You were very kind to not say tick tock lassie get going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aulika View Post
I'm in ! I love your reviews
Thank you!! I'm glad you are joining in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doitforlove View Post
I always enjoy your reviews!! Looking forward to a good read when I come back from my trip
Thanks for stopping by! You are leaving in 2 days!!! How EXCITING!! Enjoy your trip and your stay at POP!! You'll have to let me know how it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBeeM View Post
So very excited!! I love reading your reviews!
Thanks honeybee! You have an upcoming trip too! What a great way to have a family reunion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanienamou View Post
I'm in! Can't wait to read your reviews!
Hi there! Thanks for joining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYDUET View Post
I'm in!! Can't wait to hear if you complete the list!
Thanks! I see that you also have an upcoming trip - wonderful!!! You are a former cast member??? Can you share if you worked attractions or did you use your singing talent to entertain?? Thanks for joining!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:53 AM   #29
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Following along over here too of course
Hi there Debra! I'm so glad that you are joining!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie_Mom View Post
Can't wait to read all about your dining adventures!
Thanks Minnie Mom! Can't wait to share...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Here!

Jill in CO
Hi Jill!! Thanks for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
I'm joining in too. I love your dining reviews.
Thanks starousse! I'm glad that you are here! Stay tuned....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleStinkerbelle View Post
I'm in!
LittleStinkerbelle - the coolest user name on this board!!!! Thanks for joining in and reading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
Can't wait to follow your report...your restaurant list looks awesome! 12 nights!
Hi there minniebeth!!! Thanks for joining and reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlovesC View Post
I'm in I'm in! I love your task list! Thanks to Barb we already know how you did with some of those items... But WHAT is the story behind the BW pizza guy task? Is he a famed curmudgeon or something?
Hi Becky! Barb did a great job with the list! The pizza dude is just sooooo serious. I actually have video that I will try to upload - that should give you a better idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
I'm a bit late, but I am here!
Awwww... thanks for joining Vicki! Are you still getting organized after being home? I'm so jealous that you have already booked a return trip!!! That's so awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynis View Post
Coming out of lurkdom to join in, this time. I've lurked my way through all your other reports, and love your style of writing, and the fact that you and your daughter have such great times together. You definitely are the kind of mom I hope my daughter thinks I am!
Hi there Glynis! Thank you for stopping by AND letting me know that you are reading. I appreciate the compliment - that was very nice. I'm sure your DD admires the mom that you are as well.

I love your Lady & The Tramp image in your signature - so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-n-MrIncredible View Post
I'm in.
Hi there!!! Glad you are joining in! <---- Here's a tink for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Subscribing! I love your reports!
Thank you klacey! You are another Westchester Co Diser - there are more than a few of you around here.... must be something in the water!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Signing in from the Mother Road!!
Can't wait to read your reviews
Linda!!!! I'm honored to have you join in!!! I hope you are having a wonderful road trip and I loved Jabead's grand finale post in her dining report for which you and your DH were the honored guests!!!! I'm so looking forward to making plans to meet up next month... I hope everything works out.

Wishing you safe and FUN travels!
Old 09-05-2012, 01:07 AM   #30
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

American Airlines Breakfast!

Although this is not official Disney fine dining... it can be the preface to our dining line up!!

We were flying from OC (CA) to Orlando and were fortunate enough to be flying first class so a meal is included. yay!!!

I’m sure many of you remember when airlines served hot meals during flights and although the food was never that good, it was at least served and you were not charged extra. So I was looking forward to seeing what type of food would be served for breakfast. We were offered a choice of a quiche or cereal. Hmmm…. Tough choice….. choose what I can eat any morning or a hot delicious breakfast? We all chose the quiche. You could smell it “cooking” in the galley and it smelled soooo good. They must have an easy bake oven up front since they weren’t nuked.

Our flight attendant provided hot towels to freshen up with before the meal. I made proper use of mine; however, Michael & Emily took the opportunity to do the following - see the video link here.

We were presented a linen laden tray that contained our hot entrée and a side of fresh fruit. The quiche was served with grilled asparagus and a roasted breaded tomato. We were also offered a fresh baked biscuit and fresh OJ.

I’m not sure if it was just that I was so hungry but this meal was delicious. The quiche had a great texture and flavor and didn’t have a soggy crust like so many frozen quiches. It was the perfect start for our vacation dining! I have to say that as thrilled as I was with the quiche, the asparagus was way overcooked and limp. The tomato was just ok, nothing special. However, my favorite part of the meal was the fresh baked biscuit… it was light and buttery and sooooo wonderful! I was looking to see if Michael and Em were going to eat their biscuit because if they weren’t I was going to swoop in and nab it! Darn! They liked it as much as me.

Cheers to fresh OJ:

Next Up: Lunch

Last edited by emmysmommy; 09-06-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: